[Server Issues] 3-26-2011

Options

Comments

• MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Doubt frankie did much tbh

He is a CM. This is a job for their IT guys. All he can do is tell us information

Actually frankie indeed work hard b:shocked
    Frankie was called on days where frankie shouldn't be working . . all night work yay b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • summonella
    summonella Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Doubt frankie did much tbh

He is a CM. This is a job for their IT guys. All he can do is tell us information

Have no idea what he did or didnt do, but in these situations, usually nobody gets any sleep until its fixed, whether you're an active participant or not, so its draining on the whole crew.

It sure sux for us the servers are down (or DC'ing), but I feel for these PW guys too...they do try to help us to the best of their abilities, and I give em credit for that.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Bleh, I got booted and can't get back. It's way too early for this.

Either it's on my end this time or....
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Siggeh - Raging Tide
    Siggeh - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    This is about complete BS. We get a 2x event due to all the Dc-ing that has been going on this week, yet through the whole weekend All I have done is dc constantly. Now, I can go multiple hrs standing in town and Not Dc. Nor have 95% of my friends list DC, but soon as we start do actually do something productive instead of just being lazy standing in town, we get dc'd. Complete bull!

Example: We do a nirvana get to the 3rd boss, 1.4/1.5 mill HP left, The BOSS resets, Then massive lag, Squad wipe and Oh yea DC!

It's nothing a waste of effort and Time. Hp Charm ticks as well as a waste of a key.

You guys need to fix the problem THEN give us 2x.. Not during its not productive!
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    This is about complete BS. We get a 2x event due to all the Dc-ing that has been going on this week, yet through the whole weekend All I have done is dc constantly. Now, I can go multiple hrs standing in town and Not Dc. Nor have 95% of my friends list DC, but soon as we start do actually do something productive instead of just being lazy standing in town, we get dc'd. Complete bull!

Example: We do a nirvana get to the 3rd boss, 1.4/1.5 mill HP left, The BOSS resets, Then massive lag, Squad wipe and Oh yea DC!

It's nothing a waste of effort and Time. Hp Charm ticks as well as a waste of a key.

You guys need to fix the problem THEN give us 2x.. Not during its not productive!

Le sigh.

We. are. being. DDoS. attacked.

It's orchestrated and world-wide. There is nothing PWE can "fix" to make it stop. Only the attackers can stop it, or the feds.

And I've never heard of anyone being caught by the authorities after DDoSing the **** out of the 'net.

Either way they die
  • FoxMeXCore - Sanctuary
    FoxMeXCore - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Actually frankie indeed work hard b:shocked
    Frankie was called on days where frankie shouldn't be working . . all night work yay b:laugh

I high doubt unless he is certified in a networking (CCNA CCNP w.e networking certification you can get these days) that he will even get near the PWE servers
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Le sigh.

We. are. being. DDoS. attacked.

It's orchestrated and world-wide. There is nothing PWE can "fix" to make it stop. Only the attackers can stop it, or the feds.

And I've never heard of anyone being caught by the authorities after DDoSing the **** out of the 'net.

Actually there have been quite a few cases where people was arrested. Problem is it's normally either the kid hackers or some nerd that goes bragging on some forums that they are the ones doing it that are arrested.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I high doubt unless he is certified in a networking (CCNA CCNP w.e networking certification you can get these days) that he will even get near the PWE servers

No one is suggesting Frankie's been working on, near or facing the servers.

They are saying that he's still being called in at unmentionable hours to his job doing damage control.

Either way they die
  • Nhuey - Raging Tide
    Nhuey - Raging Tide Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Honestly at this point I think people should just stop wasting there time on the whole thing. Even if its 2x, you all already know this is gonna continue, the mass DC, the endless complaints. Yet really lets be honest with each other, PWI hasn't gone done anything progressive that actually needs it. So instead of continuing to let your charms go to waste and hypers running off. Just stop. Right now your only to blame knowing that the occurrence is only going to repeat itself. Want to save your money and not have to go through a ticket and not get a response for days? Stop going into TT/FC/Nirvana/ etc.. and think that its PWs fault for dying when you yourself are walking into death/loss. Not saying to quit the game, just chill out until its somewhat done with, IDK how they're gonna solve this but its going to happen one way or another if they want to keep your money in their wallets.

Dont get me wrong, they should have just completely put all servers down from letting this e-rage from happening. But than again, we always complain and find something to QQ about so its not really any difference. Sucks to have this on a 2x event, but than again if your gonna risk your charms and expenses for it fully knowing your gonna DC ( and if you found your way to read this, you clearly know the GM in this thread already noted about servers going down so no excuses ) just dont complain, because it isn't gonna help if your just going to continue to do something stupid. Its like walking into the same **** over and over again. However if your willing to just risk the chances and farm for your gear/char, by all means continue. Just realize its YOU who decides to go in there risking another DC.

Then again, I'm just one person, like hell everyone would listen to this lol
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I know it's not exactly easy to just up and switch IP's. But, I think that may be the over-all best solution.

Either way they die
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Honestly at this point I think people should just stop wasting there time on the whole thing. Even if its 2x, you all already know this is gonna continue, the mass DC, the endless complaints. Yet really lets be honest with each other, PWI hasn't gone done anything progressive that actually needs it. So instead of continuing to let your charms go to waste and hypers running off. Just stop. Right now your only to blame knowing that the occurrence is only going to repeat itself. Want to save your money and not have to go through a ticket and not get a response for days? Stop going into TT/FC/Nirvana/ etc.. and think that its PWs fault for dying when you yourself are walking into death/loss. Not saying to quit the game, just chill out until its somewhat done with, IDK how they're gonna solve this but its going to happen one way or another if they want to keep your money in their wallets.

Dont get me wrong, they should have just completely put all servers down from letting this e-rage from happening. But than again, we always complain and find something to QQ about so its not really any difference. Sucks to have this on a 2x event, but than again if your gonna risk your charms and expenses for it fully knowing your gonna DC ( and if you found your way to read this, you clearly know the GM in this thread already noted about servers going down so no excuses ) just dont complain, because it isn't gonna help if your just going to continue to do something stupid. Its like walking into the same **** over and over again. However if your willing to just risk the chances and farm for your gear/char, by all means continue. Just realize its YOU who decides to go in there risking another DC.

Then again, I'm just one person, like hell everyone would listen to this lol

Don't wast your time,and braincell energy. Many of us have been saying it for day but you know how it is idiots must be idiots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nhuey - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Don't wast your time,and braincell energy. Many of us have been saying it for day but you know how it is idiots must be idiots.

Oh dont worry, my brain cells have been dead since 1am, its already 3 in the morning, just thought I make this post, clearly already know its a lost cause now. But yeah i figured, not many people would resort to doing something like that. Though I gotta admit, some of the posts I been reading in this thread made my night a bit more entertaining.
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Oh dont worry, my brain cells have been dead since 1am, its already 3 in the morning, just thought I make this post, clearly already know its a lost cause now. But yeah i figured, not many people would resort to doing something like that. Though I gotta admit, some of the posts I been reading in this thread made my night a bit more entertaining.

I'm just doing regular quest even tho I Really and I mean Really wanna go farm TT. Good thing is I get two jumps in ping b4 I D/C. First just I can still move around enough to get somewhere safe. I guess thats the good part of being 350 miles from the server. I normally run at 5 to 20ms a bit higher in raging tides the new EG areas and west archo..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxMeXCore - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I know it's not exactly easy to just up and switch IP's. But, I think that may be the over-all best solution.

That is IF they bought more than 1 IP address.
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    Sparc - Harshlands Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

You are kidding right??? Do you have any idea how many servers PWE has. How do you think the website works, not to mention; How many games do they have now, and how many "servers" do they have per game (and you also realize ONE "game server" is MORE than ONE physical server) ofc they have more than one IP :))
  • Nhuey - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm just doing regular quest even tho I Really and I mean Really wanna go farm TT. Good thing is I get two jumps in ping b4 I D/C. First just I can still move around enough to get somewhere safe. I guess thats the good part of being 350 miles from the server. I normally run at 5 to 20ms a bit higher in raging tides the new EG areas and west archo..
    I won't lie, I'm sort of the dumb idiots who risked being DC'd, but I haven't really complained about it hard enough to make me jam my fingers into the Q key. Gotta say risking it was worth it, Nirvana'd all day and made it like a bounty. b:dirty

Edit:
    Wait I lied, I did jam my finger into the Q button, but that was only towards the mass amount of WC's on the server. Got a kick out of that too
  • RedMeat - Raging Tide
    RedMeat - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Nhuey is sexy end of discussion.
  • Nhuey - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Nhuey is sexy end of discussion.
    b:shocked
  • Nikkole - Harshlands
    Nikkole - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    This is crazy.....liek 3 dcs in a row within an hours time

Dang P2 you were lucky! I got home from work, logged in, and within the first 15 min playing i had DC'd 8 times. 17 in total after 2 hours
  • FoxMeXCore - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You are kidding right??? Do you have any idea how many servers PWE has. How do you think the website works, not to mention; How many games do they have now, and how many "servers" do they have per game (and you also realize ONE "game server" is MORE than ONE physical server) ofc they have more than one IP :))

Ummm what?

My High School had 1 IP address o.o

Yes inside the network it would be a bunch of OTHER IP adresses but going out/in to the internet it will only be recognized as 1 IP Address

That is how A LOT of Schools/Companies Networks are set up....I forgot the name though. I can log onto my CCNA course and look it up for u if u want
  • summonella
    edited March 2011
    Options

Big companies like this dont buy IP addresses b:chuckle, they buy IP ranges.
  • FoxMeXCore - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    summonella wrote: »
    Big companies like this dont buy IP addresses b:chuckle, they buy IP ranges.

:o pretty sure they buy IP. I saw somewhere some company bought out the last of .127? i forgot what number. but we are under 10 open IP addresses in IPv4

HELLO IPv6!
  • summonella
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ummm what?

That is how A LOT of Schools/Companies Networks are set up....I forgot the name though. I can log onto my CCNA course and look it up for u if u want

You dont have to look it up, it's called IP NAT (Network Adress Translation). That wont work for PWI. They have to handle large amounts of data to and from multiple ISPs. Most likely thay have multiple trunks to several ISp's.
  • summonella
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Between Internap & CARNIVORE, frankieraye will probably never get any sleep ;)
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ummm what?

My High School had 1 IP address o.o

Yes inside the network it would be a bunch of OTHER IP adresses but going out/in to the internet it will only be recognized as 1 IP Address

Yes you are referring to NAT, and this is not how business is set up. Only SMALL networks like residential even a high school, etc... may be set up in this manner.

PW -- definitely not!
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ofc you also have to remember they even physically have servers located physically on each cost, West AND East -- this in itself should have told you they have more than one IP =\
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    summonella wrote: »
    You dont have to look it up, it's called IP NAT (Network Adress Translation). That wont work for PWI. They have to handle large amounts of data to and from multiple ISPs. Most likely thay have multiple trunks to several ISp's.

Yea I can bet their servers are located in some pretty big data centers *drooling*
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Here's a few vids for my fellow geeks :)

I just really wanna see this place in person:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXVhKXsl05w&feature=related

Now this is my kinda LAN party :))
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD0JHl4UzBc

And ofc I couldn't not include something that had to do with Skynet *cough*I mean Google:*cough*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRwPSFpLX8I

And I sure feel sorry for the people/&/machines here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttcQy3bCiiU
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ok, I have to toss up one more; OMFG this guy has me ROFL'ing SO HARD !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDacjrSCeq4
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Are you doing a post count contest Sparc ? x_x
    5 posts in a row... epic. The edit button isn't made for dogs.