[Server Maintenance] 3-15-2011 (complete)

Comments

• Ragamufinsin - Dreamweaver
    Ragamufinsin - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Frankie tryin to steal my font color b:lipcurl

Seeker cant hold aggro at all.

Mystic I dunno

barb cant hold agro off sinb:chuckleb:chuckle
    no offense
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    All these people saying seeker has low damage are obviously doing something wrong.

Unless you have played a bm before, and pay attention to your seeker's skills, I guess its easy to say seekers dmg is low. Its all about using the proper combo of skills to max out the seeker's damage capability, as well as properly distributing their str & dex stats.

The only major drawback I have towards seekers (I love my seeker btw), is that their channeling on some of their skills are extremely...long. I feel as if I need -int along with -channel gear, which is pretty uh...weird.

I could see a seeker tanking nicely, if a 4-5 aps DD wasnt in the squad.

Mystic is an excellent healer. Almost as strong as a cleric.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Makiruxx - Sanctuary
    Makiruxx - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    +2 for this post, and I want to further expand on this.

3.) When are the inconsistencies in seeker group/self buffs be fixed? The only buff that seems to be doing what it is supposed to is Adrenal Numbness and the sword buffs. The attack buffs I can honestly do not seem to adding to our atk lvls as described.

You have to level it to see a difference.
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    All these people saying seeker has low damage are obviously doing something wrong.

Unless you have played a bm before, and pay attention to your seeker's skills, I guess its easy to say seekers dmg is low. Its all about using the proper combo of skills to max out the seeker's damage capability, as well as properly distributing their str & dex stats.

The only major drawback I have towards seekers (I love my seeker btw), is that their channeling on some of their skills are extremely...long. I feel as if I need -int along with -channel gear, which is pretty uh...weird.

blame the 5x hyper + 2x exp + frozen heads giving 120k+ exp per one shot b:laugh . Even I know that and I didn't even start seeker yet. Shame on those people. b:laugh
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ragamufinsin - Dreamweaver
    Ragamufinsin - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    NO!! I forgot about maintenance again!! D: URGH!!!

And answer to the question... Barb was always main tank till LVL99, then BM and heavy cash shopping assassin at 99+

And main healer was cleric really lol. You asked the question like the new classes replaced the old classes b:chuckle

But yeah, mystic + veno = unstoppable in team even though they can just solo fine on their own.

I always run FC with barbs in lvl range (often times above me /1 or 2 lvls) and no niether them nor lvl range BMs can keep agro (flesh ream does nothing more than tick my charm)
    sins get triple spark too easy, so they go hulkb:angryb:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ois - Lost City
    Ois - Lost City Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Seekers as a main tank? HAHAHA.

You're funny frankie...seekers have the worst player base I have seen. Even more so than assassins when they first came out. As far as class skills...maybe a seeker can tank. As far as player skills...I won't even invite that trash to my squad.

Mystics as a healer? Was healed on a BH 59 by one and was somewhat impressed since I did not know what to expect. Cleric is still far superior in the healing field...or at least when I'm playing my cleric it is.

** you seekers. You all suck your dads dk.
  • Vasto_Lorde - Raging Tide
    Vasto_Lorde - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Whats a good build for Seekers? like ive allready started but its still a low level so easy to fix. Pls tell meh QQ :DDDDDb:pleasedb:thanks
  • Aowenn - Archosaur
    Aowenn - Archosaur Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Only downside to a seeker is it's limited choice of weapons at low lvl (30-50 ). Got one to lvl 4x but still nice damage but would be nice to get decent low lvl legandary weapons easier ( ish )
  • Makiruxx - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    As far as my view on this.

Mystics are nice healers, but they seem to be only like a back up heal.
    Their heals drain ALOT of mp. ._. Compared to a cleric, i would rather have the heals over time than the insta heals.

Having a mystic heal you is like having a cleric in squad that only spams wellspring surge. Sure its nice, it heals, but it cant save you from those bad *** bosses who stun and hit you majorly.
    So IH still wins as the best heal.

Now as a Seeker tanking, well its possible. They could tank pretty well but that depends more on the player and their skill with it, and the squad actually letting him tanking it.

I say leave the tanking to the actual major DD and stick to the debuffing and squad support seekers!
  • SeekerBuffer - Heavens Tear
    SeekerBuffer - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Seeker as a tank will never happen since they can never hold agro against all the 5Aps.
    They are however a good off tank with the varity of skills they wield.
    Seeker is an awesome support class with the combination of debuffs and chain skills.

Mystics as a healer is decent. Cleric beats them by a mile though.
  • NomNomz - Dreamweaver
    NomNomz - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    we seem to have a shortage of string cheese....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ois - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Seekers suck as tanks in my experience. Could be cuz the ones in my level range are all p-levelled noobs who don't know their char, or could be that they aren't good tanks. Can't distinguish until some decent players work their way up and know their class.

I love you.
  • NomNomz - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    I love you.

OOOOO BAD! SHAME for suggesting that people should actually learn their role in a squad by playing PW as intended. ice cubes in ur pants WTF! b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ois - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    OOOOO BAD! SHAME for suggesting that people should actually learn their role in a squad by playing PW as intended. ice cubes in ur pants WTF! b:laugh

b:cute
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Seekers as a main tank? HAHAHA.

You're funny frankie...seekers have the worst player base I have seen. Even more so than assassins when they first came out. As far as class skills...maybe a seeker can tank. As far as player skills...I won't even invite that trash to my squad.

Mystics as a healer? Was healed on a BH 59 by one and was somewhat impressed since I did not know what to expect. Cleric is still far superior in the healing field...or at least when I'm playing my cleric it is.

** you seekers. You all suck your dads dk.

Apparently you have no idea how to play a seeker or ANY class that knows how to aggro without the need of barb's flesh ream or assassin's / BM's Auto attack perma spark.

You can still spark frequently fast and easy, I done this with my BM with a sword and keep aggro. Only problem is sins spamming skills with the spark doing more DPS than my multipath BM. But you have to use some more effort in doing more damage. Not the seeker's fault you can't find another way of keeping aggro.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Starrlytz - Heavens Tear
    Starrlytz - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I love my mystic :D still low lvl at 53 and lots to figure out, but it will never replace my cleric or veno. Mystic is a nice change, versatile and just plain fun b:cute
  • Pwnographic - Harshlands
    Pwnographic - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ok, here what i have noticed.
    1.seekers cant hold agro, bh 59 when i was 7x, there where no barbs or cleric, the sin kept pulling agro an died, i was forced to use vortex, then i was able to hold agro easy, this wont work for aps sins, so if a seeker wants to tank,give him 5 mins with the boss, then boss hp may be 100k sorter then,lol
    2.can mystics replace clerics, well i ran a 80-90 fc or something like that, no damn clerics, we found a mystic, an he ran fc witt us inplace of the cleric,an i may say, was one of the best 8x fc i ever been in,as long as everybody isnt a noob

3. i still feel hopeless, i cant pull more then 3 groups of magic mobs,but i have a strong feeling i can soon.

4.having lvl 10 vortex, made alot of people love having me in their squad,when my aoe is better then a wizards,an im not squishy like them either :P 30 defense lvl+12k defense+7k hp Rocks

5. mystics 59 summon is very over power,but thank god it only last 20 secs, if the target can last 20 secs to kill the mystic.

6. seekers 5 aoes and each 1 hits like a trian, very good to keep mobs off the squishies

7.seekers lack of use a bow or claws is a big down side,i understand a seeker 5 aps with his defense will be hard to stop, but at lest a bow for heads in fc be nice, then i can kill 3-4 heads instead of 2

8. vortex is very very very hard on event herbs, 407 mana every 1.5secs with less then 2k mana, means i miss 1 sec of clicking my mana herb im out aoe,but i dont care much

9.i droped a sin in 3 secs, an everybody in squad gave me big eyes....hell im shocked still

10. soon i was 59 i was testing my vortex aoe. an afrter bh i was dueling an i tested my vortex out, forgot my lock was off, an it 1 shot 2 people who ran in my aoe, funny b:laugh

not much more say, but i love the class an expansion. but what i would like to see is you do something for the other classes, mostly try hit barbs an clerics first, there rare to get,an there main classes we need lest re animate there skills,
  • Ois - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Apparently you have no idea how to play a seeker or ANY class that knows how to aggro without the need of barb's flesh ream or assassin's / BM's Auto attack perma spark.

You can still spark frequently fast and easy, I done this with my BM with a sword and keep aggro. Only problem is sins spamming skills with the spark doing more DPS than my multipath BM. But you have to use some more effort in doing more damage. Not the seeker's fault you can't find another way of keeping aggro.

Clearly you are unable to read. I said the players lack skills, not the class. You're right I've never played a seeker. My question is...

LOLHOWCANUTHINKUCANHOLDAGGROWITHASWORDBM? Fail.
  • Makiruxx - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    LOLHOWCANUTHINKUCANHOLDAGGROWITHASWORDBM? Fail.

Clearly you've never played a sword bm.
    Awesome damage, pretty fast hits.

Sword BMS = win.
  • NomNomz - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011

not much more say, but i love the class an expansion. but what i would like to see is you do something for the other classes, mostly try hit barbs an clerics first, there rare to get,an there main classes we need lest re animate there skills,

"The problem is these damn jones blessings. They should bless flesh ream!"

--Mularky

b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    On this account on my main account, somewhat active, 1 pure VIT barb, 1 multipath / VIT BM, 1 assassin with some VIT, 1 seeker with VIT, 1 LA/VIT veno. I prefer Barb / BM over seeker and assassin because, they are pretty much easier and more fun to play. I think seekers will be pretty easier to play than assassin too. But yeah, I like how strong my chars are and keeping them :). IDK about the other 3 chars (1 barb which I don't really need, 1 cleric and 1 wiz I keep for the sake of the other main)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Makiruxx - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    "The problem is these damn jones blessings. They should bless flesh ream!"

--Mularky

b:thanks

they should make flesh ream do like a constant 100k+ damage! >:o That will keep aggro!
  • heywood40
    heywood40 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    There are pros and cons to the mystic that make it great and useless at the same time.

Con
    Healing/Rez spells cost way to much magic to cast. They run out of magic during healing alot quicker then a cleric. ( i have both)

as well plants die to quick to make any impact for healing really.

Pro
    It has become a common practice on my mystic to tag along squads doing fbs bhs ect to do one main job which is to keep rez buff on the cleric, that way if someone does f-up then theres no waiting for him to return as well as he saves exp loss. party wipes are not common but does happen plus pet is great to pick hp away with barb. if barb has aggro you can heal
    pet can hit. so help in two ways as long as magic lasts that is

One other awsome feature of mystic is healing other veno/mystics pets this is awsome for ppl who are doing an oracle cause someone else can heal your pet and the person can zap away at same time to speed up the line
  • Ois - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Clearly you've never played a sword bm.
    Awesome damage, pretty fast hits.

Sword BMS = win.

lol. There is no way a decent sword BM will hold aggro from any other decent DD. That is a fking joke. Maybe it does nice damage with it's skills but it's DPS is lacking when squaded with a high damage dealer.

And you're right my BM main is a Pole primary BM. But guess what? If I want to hold aggro I use fists because I'm not a noob. kthx.
  • neubs
    neubs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011

And for the usual maintenance conversation starter..

So how's the Seeker as a main tank? How about the Mystic as a main healer? Discuss.

Not so much dissapointed in the new classes, as i am with their creators.
    I liked the tanks/healers better the first time.....when they we're called barbs/clerics!!!
    Add somthin new, why make barbs/clerics obsolete, which is probably whats going to happen.

PWI really has a weird way of showing it's appreciation to it's loyal customer base. After having tons of people spend cash and years of their lives on their clerics/barbs, only to have PWI do something to muck it up and make their chars obsolete. What you should be doing is kissing our a$$'s and fix the dam rubberbanding.

I know i'm damn sick of hearing myself say it, and i'm only one of thousands who complain about!!!! throw us a friggen bone, and FIX IT ALREADY!!!! It's been what, goin on 1 1/2 fking years now?? WTF is wrong w/ that picture???? That right there tells me pwi doesn't give 2 shts about it's customers thoughts/opinions/etc.....just our $$$......i guess i still play in hopes that one day PWI will gain some ethics...
  • Makiruxx - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    lol. There is no way a decent sword BM will hold aggro from any other decent DD. That is a fking joke. Maybe it does nice damage with it's skills but it's DPS is lacking when squaded with a high damage dealer.

And you're right my BM main is a Pole primary BM. But guess what? If I want to hold aggro I use fists because I'm not a noob. kthx.

Well in order for a sword bm to hold aggro they need to be heavily geared right.

Just so you know, Swords do more damage than fists, soo a 4.0 sword bm, can out DD a 4.0 fist bm.

:3
  • Ois - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    neubs wrote: »
    I liked the tanks/healers better the first time.....when they we're called barbs/clerics!!!
    Add somthin new, why make barbs/clerics obsolete, which is probably whats going to happen.

PWI really has a weird way of showing it's appreciation to it's loyal customer base. After having tons of people spend cash and years of their lives on their clerics/barbs, only to have PWI do something to muck it up and make their chars obsolete. What you should be doing is kissing our a$$'s and fix the dam rubberbanding.

I know i'm damn sick of hearing myself say it, and i'm only one of thousands who complain about!!!! throw us a friggen bone, and FIX IT ALREADY!!!!

I love you too.

Devs of this game are so backwards. Ch*nks prolly can't read our complaints tho LOL.
  • weqweqwe
    weqweqwe Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I think mystic and seeker are more suited to pvp than tanking and healing xD

my mystic is level 80 now and at level 73 he could kill level 100 rank 9 players in duels just by stun locking them and using push back...
  • Ois - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Well in order for a sword bm to hold aggro they need to be heavily geared right.

Just so you know, Swords do more damage than fists, soo a 4.0 sword bm, can out DD a 4.0 fist bm.

:3

I didn't say fists did more damage per hit. If you'd read I mentioned DPS. Same thing goes for what I said about my pole BM. Yeah my +8 TT 99 Pole does more damage per hit...but my +4 fists still have better dps = better for aggro.
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    So far the only thing the new classes seem able to do is try to kill steal everything in sight. Clerics keep asking me to purge the random Myst buffs of em also b:chuckle