[Server Maintenance] 3-15-2011 (complete)

Options

Comments

• IHazNutz - Dreamweaver
    IHazNutz - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Main tank... main healer? Are you saying barbs and clerics are replaceable? -_-

I'm sayin seekers should be able to tank, because barbs are gettin damn rare, and they obviously have no intention of fixing endgame barbs :P
  • TruthSword - Harshlands
    TruthSword - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I would see seekers as better DDs than tankers and mystic are great as a healer but . . . . I think they are mostly a tactical kind of magic class b:victory
  • Caterpie - Dreamweaver
    Caterpie - Dreamweaver Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    1:cant stow pet but can let it die as a way of pullin mobs.

Just click on the summon's hotkey again like you would on a veno. It stows the previous summon and summons a new one all in one swift move.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heavy Cash Shopping is the difference between understanding simple game mechanics at level 30, or level 101.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hey all,

We've got regularly scheduled Server Maintenance tonight from:

11pm PST until 1am PST

And for the usual maintenance conversation starter..

So how's the Seeker as a main tank? How about the Mystic as a main healer? Discuss.

Yay for maint. Hopefully more bugs from the expansion are fixed (oh joy). I'll do my homework doing maint, I suppose. Nirvana multi runs after maint, most likely.

Anyways, as for Seeker's tanking abilities... I like to talk "end-game", and in terms of what I've seen. While Seeker's might tank fairly well in squads up until 90+, once they hit end-game squads, w/ people that have -int gear, they are no match. Seeker's are unable to get even 4aps sparked, let alone 5aps. The seeker can have +12 Nirvana 2nd stage and/or +12 r9 wep, and they still will be no match from a +5 5aps -int Sin/BM/Barb/Archer. In all honesty, I saw all of this coming from a mile away (seeker's/mystics not wanted end-game), hence why I didn't roll a new class (although I did get my seeker to level 5, woot).

Mystics can serve as a back-up cleric in lower levels, and a main healer for a bp 5aps -int Nirvana squad (end-game). Mystics aren't equal to a Cleric (lack proper heals, BB, and the rez skill only is useable before the person is dead, not after). They aren't equal to a Veno either (no amp/purge). Mystics will serve as most caster's do end-game; hard to get in squads as a Mystic, and whatnot.

While both classes are unique to themselves, and are pretty cool; The game is tailored already to what is the fastest, and profitable end-game runs possible. The two new classes neither speed up the runs, nor make them much easier (although having a Mystic end-game can make a bp -int Nirvana run easier for the other players. However having a cleric+mystic in Nirvana is going to slow down the run considerably).

The lower levels are a different story however. Level 40-90 players have FFs, BHs, and whatnot where the Seeker "can" tank if needed (though w/ out Barb buff, and not cashshopping/merching, I wish the player good luck on high HP), and the Mystic "can" be a back-up healer. It's possible to have the Mystic even at these lower levels be the main healer, but I wouldn't advise it. As fast as those insta-heals are, and as awesome as having a pre-rez buff is... It's no match for a competent equal leveled/geared Cleric.

My two cents ;)
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    oh geez u guys picked a bad question to discuss about... lol.

i havnt tried seeker so i cant say anything on that end, but for mystic i feel that our heals are pretty strong, but we cant replace clerics at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Sthenith - Dreamweaver
    Sthenith - Dreamweaver Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Totally agree with Tremblewith.

Although seekers seem to have awesome (at least looking) skills, they are definately no tank and definately no match for interval toons.

I've squadded so far with lower lvl seekers (like in bh79 when i still had one in list) and it's clear to me they do not add much to the main damage dealers.

Also, for now, there are a lot of em in the high lvls who do not really know their toons, and esp without all their skills available...

Mystics...well : bleh, i don't like the look of their "summons" , but no real experience with em. Seems they can solo a lot, in the lower lvls at least. Their "autorezz" skill is awesome.
    I think they are a nice addition to have if alone for that reason.
    But if you have a cleric, esp with lvl 11 rezz, you don't really need a mystic. Unless you got a fail "tanker".

In short : good to have some fun, but i think they'll be bad in endgame.

p.s. : did my culti and FB 99 with 2 sins, 2 barbs, 1 cleric and myself (sin). Trustme, barbs past lvl 101 are still awesome to have. While aps'ers might have an aggro war, in case something might go wrong, you can always rely on the barb(s). I wouldn't trade in a barb for a seeker, EVER.
  • Drazomyst - Dreamweaver
    Drazomyst - Dreamweaver Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    With multiple mystics and against simple bosses, healing is abundant. If one mystic or cleric slips up, there's still at least another to help heal the tank effectively. Otherwise they're only good for back-up or assistant healing. Seekers are probably only good for back-up-back-up tanking. b:surrender

And mystics can help heal veno's pets and vice-versa. b:dirty
    [Retired from PWI]
  • nightpoet
    nightpoet Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Okay with no aggro ability.. We cant compete with a barb...As for DD? cant really consider my seeker that we dont do enough damage. only 2 swords ive seen with .05 interval. are personal attk lvl bonus isnt high enough to allow us to do damage. Let alone pull aggro. I see my seeker as more of a squad support class with debuffs for bosses.

If someone intended this class to tank I think they lost there train of thought during the process. We cant compete with a barb. And if we cant even do that there is no way for us to tank with the aps classes. Options are clear either we would need a bigger amount of damage or aggro skills. I can throw everything i got at a boss and hard to pull aggro off an 80 sin with hook and thorns.

Dont get me wrong I love the class. I have gone from 100 sin to Seeker. And he will be my main. But if you intend them to tank they are going to need some work.
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    For seekers: They can tank hits as well as any heavy armor, but can't hold aggro.

For mystics: Just another DD. Unless it's an FC with a seeker and a sin or Nirvana with 5 aps and a sin, clerics are still required at high levels. If a cleric isn't required, mystic most likely isn't needed in that squad either.

The devs should just rebalance all classes and give them specific jobs instead of one main class and 3 copycats. Give mystics all the buffs and aoe healing and clerics keep their single heals, res and purify *coughlikeFWcough*. BMs should lose their mastery skills since they were supposed to be a "master of none, but good at everything" to begin with. And etc.
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
  • Svedra - Archosaur
    Svedra - Archosaur Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    as far as seekers tanking and mystics being main healer... no not really.

ALL the classes need a revamp, and fix the Jones blessing please it helps keep wizards as the epic dph class they are supposed to be.
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hey all,

11pm PST until 1am PST

So how's the Seeker as a main tank? How about the Mystic as a main healer? Discuss.

Aps - Main tank
    Mystics will never be a main healer. Don't make us laugh.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Very replacable. Althought not by seeker and mystic but rather by 5 aps users and BP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Asura_Shiva - Raging Tide
    Asura_Shiva - Raging Tide Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Seeker seems like a slower Assassin. Low DPS and can't hold damage at all. I switched to dual swords instead of claymore for damage due to the low output. All in all I don't see it tanking a lot. I spent a decent amount of rep on my Seeker tho now I regret doing so now. (I knew this b4 I used the rep.)

Mystic is really good. First few moves suck a tiny bit in the beginning but once you hit lvl 19 it is worth it. The first heal drained a lot of my mana when I healed a Seeker for the lvl 19 boss but, it was fun and I had the beginner MP Charm on hand. They died once but res via Mystic Skill. Handy skill imho due to I dc a lot and good to know I don't need to relearn how to get back to the location I was at. xD Hmm Absorb Soul is epic as well as the first trap summon. Sleep one sounds like it will be useful. And the 2 heal trap summons are very awesome. Tho I got to ask if the 50 HP regen stacks with Clerics HP/MP Regen buff.

(Mainly don't use the said buff due to the Apoth ones are a LOT better.)
    Other IGN:
    Ratsael - RT - 61
    RaveR_mnant - RT - 47
  • Rome - Harshlands
    Rome - Harshlands Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i think the main topic of tonight should be....um how about we get blessings back before we go off topic about irrelevant questions. thanks frankie <3 love you guys SOOOO much keep up the hard work!
  • Digitalbleh - Sanctuary
    Digitalbleh - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    never played a seeker, mystic was ok, low level heals suck tho..
    Less maintance more work on dq and pwi facebook page :|
  • FrostSwallow - Sanctuary
    FrostSwallow - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    mystics main part is damage...

...anyway they can also replace clerics in a lot of instances (BH29-79, FCC @ 90+ squad,...)
  • Ursadonus - Sanctuary
    Ursadonus - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

Less maintance more work on dq and pwi facebook page :|

+1

and some work on 79/100 and sage/demon for the EGs
  • Weeter - Heavens Tear
    Weeter - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Seeker = Tank only in FF (MOBS) and ReBirth only
    My 90 Seeker mows down RB and FF mobs fast, and keeps agro from those squishy Arhcers +8 and Wizs +8 rank 8 wizs. How ever squishy +10 rank 8 weapon Psy seem to pull agro on increased def mobs and die in 2 hits. But that could just be a class issue (101 psy only had 4k hp barb buffed)..
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

More like interchangable:

But Didn't barb's and clerics get replaced by Sin's? Seriously... I remember it,
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Miingkey - Lost City
    Miingkey - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Reserving this space!

b:laugh

wth is that avatar? lool!
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I help a fb69 whit a Mistic and I love that healing plant. Saved me the pain of using my demon Sun Beam and see the Low Mp message every 30 sec. But I dough I'll quit my cleric since my 5 other alt are still under lv 30 after 2 year ... lol I should go frost ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    wth is that avatar? lool!

omg Why is he using a picture of my mom as his avatar? That's just... Wrong.

Seeker is decent for a healer. Did BH59 with a Mystic healing, no cleric, and guess what... Nobody died. :p

Glad to get DQ and Jones fixed tonight hopefully!
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Praxalis - Archosaur
    Praxalis - Archosaur Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Mystics as healers=same syndrom when sins were laughed at for being "tanks". And now look where its landed >_>

Mystics can heal as long as they are skilled but it is an extreme MP burn and I mean EXTREME. if you are not MP charmed dont attempt to do everything a cleric can do with less cost. I was able to heal on wyvren around the lvl of the instance when on my cleric I almost always died 2-3 times stating pure mag. I dreaded that place.

If you dont have at least half the skills maxed or sage/demon when they come out, dont bother trying to main heal-or get a second mystic/cleric to help out. Its all about combos, skill and not half drooling at the keyboard-something that, as a cleric, Im guilty of running instances half asleep.

The only thing I hate is that the plants can get totaled by TT bosses AOE's, so they can not properly main heal on things like Emp, GBA, Armma to my knowledge. (unless someone decides to be crazy enough to try lol)
  • Ling__Tong - Sanctuary
    Ling__Tong - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    In reference to an earlier post - I do think they need to make the classes a bit more "unique" so that everyone has a job that they can contribute; however, it will never happen. Rebalancing the classes means replacing/editing/adding/removing skills and PWE isn't about to just toss every BM's mastery out the window when many people have sage/demon mastery. They will not alter anything that's already existing - too much risk, bad for business. What they'll do instead is learn from their mistakes and create better MMO's in the future that are more engaging and more balanced. PWI will not last forever - do you see yourself playing this in two years? I don't. They add more classes to bring back an audience that they are losing to other MMO's, not because they want to keep everybody happy.
  • XAlethiax - Dreamweaver
    XAlethiax - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Haven't tried Mystic yet, but I always play my Seeker when I have time :) I love the skills they're great! Hopefully the Jones Blessing's page comes up after maintenance also.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mazidox - Dreamweaver
    Mazidox - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Well, did BH39 with a BM, Sin, Seeker, and two Mystics. Gonna want more than one Mystic b:surrender MP cost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Canisha - Heavens Tear
    Canisha - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Seekers suck as tanks in my experience. Could be cuz the ones in my level range are all p-levelled noobs who don't know their char, or could be that they aren't good tanks. Can't distinguish until some decent players work their way up and know their class.
  • Danni - Heavens Tear
    Danni - Heavens Tear Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I can see seekers having potential to tank, but the main problem will be damage. That may be fixed depending on what sage/demon skills turn out like.

I suppose you could always get int gear and try to find a good sword with provoke.

If nothing else a 50% permanent amp is nice.
  • Rocker_Dart - Harshlands
    Rocker_Dart - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    LOL Frankie idk what ur defenition of "Tank" is but i recently rolled one of these seekers as u can tell from my avatar, but this class is no where near qualifing as a tank. Sins and BMs are better tanks then seekers.. Seekers are mearly a minor DD class even...ive come to see their damage isnt quite what i had expected it to be either. They have a lot of Debuffs and the effects of their skills require debuffs from another skill... now if theres some kind of secret for the seekers to keep agro then ima have to ask for the details cuz im not seeing it.
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hey all,

11pm PST until 1am PST

NO!! I forgot about maintenance again!! D: URGH!!!

And answer to the question... Barb was always main tank till LVL99, then BM and heavy cash shopping assassin at 99+

And main healer was cleric really lol. You asked the question like the new classes replaced the old classes b:chuckle

But yeah, mystic + veno = unstoppable in team even though they can just solo fine on their own.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]