[Server Maintenance] 3-15-2011 (complete)

Comments

• Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I know you may not have meant it like I am perceiving it, but in Kantoreks defense... (even if I don't know how much kant did) coding is very time consuming, and he may have done a lot more then just coding for this game. Perhaps he has just done the updating/supervised the updates so much that he is so exhausted/busy doing that... that he doesn't post patch notes as fast as some of us would like... myself included... depending on the night. =x

Sadly he was barely known in the forums, however he didn't post much here, was more of a hermit, perhaps due to the fact he was busy working on things/trying to figure out what **** up was causing which bug. (despite what popular belief seems to be... It can be difficult finding the code, etc that is **** up the game.) It it much easier to blame it on the gamer, then the coder. Then again I have no idea how this game is done, but surely it has some written code somewhere, after all that is how most of the internet runs. :X

I didn't know Kantorek moved on. But yeah. He was often many patches behind and then when the patch notes arrived, they were often the same sentence: "Minor localization changes." b:surrender

I realize his job probably was far more complex than it appears from the outside, but if someone's going to post the same sentence repeatedly, you'd think that they would do it in a timely fashion. :(
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I know exactly what I'm gonna do to keep my Cleric alive...

I'm gonna marry a Mystic.

Forget rez scrolls...

Just gotta find a girl playing a male mystic now. :p
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    And last but not least... we'll just call him Squiggles.

^^^ Really.... thats it we'll call him squiggles and i have to wait another 22 min + however long in game it takes to figure out wtf this means? i hate you it will be the only thing i think of untill i find it out... =(

Read the forums more. Those of us who pay attention are highly amused by that one and looking forward to seeing it ingame.

And on a relevant side note, I love seeing actual patch notes again!
  • neubs
    neubs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Uhh...I never carry res scrolls on my cleric. They don't save me exp so why would I care?

Obviously all u care about is the xp from the run, and not your squads well being.
    And my cleric is also LA...I suppose that means I double suck or something
    You said it....not me ;.)
  • Starrlytz - Heavens Tear
    Starrlytz - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Uhh...I never carry res scrolls on my cleric. They don't save me exp so why would I care? Plus if you're a good cleric you don't die very often. And when you do die enough to use res scrolls you have to decide if the squad is worth coming back to because usually they are at fault.

And my cleric is also LA...I suppose that means I double suck or something.

O.o...um..wow lol...that's all i have to say
  • Gri - Lost City
    Gri - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    And last but not least... we'll just call him Squiggles.

can i tuch ur pepe
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I didn't know Kantorek moved on. But yeah. He was often many patches behind and then when the patch notes arrived, they were often the same sentence: "Minor localization changes." b:surrender

I realize his job probably was far more complex than it appears from the outside, but if someone's going to post the same sentence repeatedly, you'd think that they would do it in a timely fashion. :(

Technically he didn't move on. He just got shuffled to some other PW project.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Gri - Lost City
    Gri - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    O.o...um..wow lol...that's all i have to say

Mock my ways if you'd like. I can guarantee I'm a better cleric than 95% of noob arcanes though. b:victory
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Too all of you who already have a Seeker OR a Mystic past lvl 50

No way no how have you played the toons long enough to really know what they can and can't do.
    You all used hypers or some means to power lvl your toons.

Um. It's been 2 weeks. Of 2X EXP at that. There are 5x-6x Earthguard who have leveled "the old-fashioned way" out there. Well, on Lost City at least... I don't know much about your server, but I do know people on LC who have been questing like mad to see how the new classes perform in various PvE scenarios, as that knowledge can be key to the first time doing various instances... Chances are that they'll be pretty gnarly in PvP too, since they'll know their classes well.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
    edited March 2011
    I know exactly what I'm gonna do to keep my Cleric alive...

I'm gonna marry a Mystic.

Forget rez scrolls...

Just gotta find a girl playing a male mystic now. :p

omgosh love itb:victory
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Too all of you who already have a Seeker OR a Mystic past lvl 50

No way no how have you played the toons long enough to really know what they can and can't do.
    You all used hypers or some means to power lvl your toons.
    Maybe you need to learn how to pace your skills to save mana. Maybe you need to learn the different combos to use to get the best results!

AND OMG STOP WITH ALL THE WHINING AND COMPLAINING ABOUT EVERYTHING PWI DOES FOR CHRIST SAKE!

It's a F2P game, and totally your choice to spend money on it!
    Don't blame the makers for your addictions.

Why can't everyone just play the game and enjoy it.. That IS what the whole idea is about, having FUN not aggravation.
    If you don't like what they do then quit.

Yeah I will get some lewd remarks about this, but my reply is DITTO!

Some people enjoy leveling the class and learning the skills later. You're assuming a lot of things, that people don't know how to play their class, and that it's not enjoyable for them.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Uhh...I never carry res scrolls on my cleric. They don't save me exp so why would I care? Plus if you're a good cleric you don't die very often. And when you do die enough to use res scrolls you have to decide if the squad is worth coming back to because usually they are at fault.

And my cleric is also LA...I suppose that means I double suck or something.

I did an FCC with an LA cleric. I was a little worried at first...

Then, after the third mob pull... I realized this cleric was good stuff.

Second best FCC I ever did on my Veno... First best was with two BM's, an archer, psy, my veno, and a Cleric. We rocked the hell out of that FCC... Very very fast.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • dudidoorginal
    dudidoorginal Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    where I can see the PST?
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited March 2011

:D lol Indeed you got me there. ;p

Lol that was far less complex then what I said... too.

WTB your brain. <3 j/k

*sidenote* so it's not just dreamweaver that has that over9000 joke from Dbz.

As for the seeker/mystic over 50... well the same could be said to you... just let those of us who wish to power level our alts be, its really isn't up to you how we decide to level up our new characters. <3 just go about your business, and avoid inviting those people that annoy you into squad... which I am sure you were doing already anyways. <3
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • XDreadx - Archosaur
    XDreadx - Archosaur Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    im a lvl 39 seeker an former player with a lvl 89 bm an seekers are a good class if u take the time to build them an learn how to use them im lvl 39 an my normal attk does 800-1000+ lol thats good for just normal attk but ya power lvling is dumb i like to learn my toon an have fun doing it cant see power lvling being that fun but to each his own k im don ranting b:laugh
  • Cyb_kairu - Sanctuary
    Cyb_kairu - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    it's 1:02 almost 1:03 pst
  • Aikidou - Lost City
    Aikidou - Lost City Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    -mock-
    edited March 2011
    Mock my ways if you'd like. I can guarantee I'm a better cleric than 95% of noob arcanes though. b:victory

I'm sure u are..but part of being a cleric is making sure the squad stays alive..call me noob or not..but i actually care b:cute
  • Zaa - Harshlands
    Zaa - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    neubs wrote: »
    If ur a cleric and u don't carry rez scrolls on u, quit now, cause u suxorz.

i nvr carry rez scrolls on my cleric b:surrender my death count cause by some messing up other than me is 0b:cool
  • Jonest - Raging Tide
    Jonest - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    aw man server is not up yet!!! and just a question why is the time in the thread still wrong???b:shocked
  • neubs
    neubs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    AND OMG STOP WITH ALL THE WHINING AND COMPLAINING ABOUT EVERYTHING PWI DOES FOR CHRIST SAKE!

!

Actually, it's what PWI doesn't do that tends to make people "whine", as u so eloquently put it...FIX THE DAM RUBBERBANDING ALREADY!!!
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    *sidenote* so it's not just dreamweaver that has that over9000 joke from Dbz.

It was hard to resist making the joke with all the Duke spam that week. The immediate whisper was priceless, though. b:victory
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Secksman - Lost City
    Secksman - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I did an FCC with an LA cleric. I was a little worried at first...

Then, after the third mob pull... I realized this cleric was good stuff.

Second best FCC I ever did on my Veno... First best was with two BM's, an archer, psy, my veno, and a Cleric. We rocked the hell out of that FCC... Very very fast.

LA clerics are usually much more competent in my experience than arcanes...

One of the main reasons in my opinion is just the simple fact that it takes ballz to roll a LA cleric. And when you do it, you do it because you believe you can be better than the majority of clerics who believe that Arcane is the only path...

At least that's how I view it. Healing is a competition for me...when people die I lose.

LA ftw. O.O
  • stonk
    stonk Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    b:pleased I played a cleric's roll in a 90-95 FC perfectly fine on my mystic, only death was from a failed attempt at sparking the Slash on slasher boss. b:cute
  • Niv - Lost City
    Niv - Lost City Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    LA clerics are usually much more competent in my experience than arcanes...

One of the main reasons in my opinion is just the simple fact that it takes ballz to roll a LA cleric. And when you do it, you do it because you believe you can be better than the majority of clerics who believe that Arcane is the only path...

At least that's how I view it. Healing is a competition for me...when people die I lose.

LA ftw. O.O

Bah wrong avatar...I ish secksman O.O
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Lol 2x has been on? Drops too? I totally didn't notice. No wonder I got to 70 on mystic so fast without any aid. Skipping from 70 to 80 WITH items was all me tho lol

Judging from my barely getting enough drops to break even on mp pots prior to 75 I'd be skeptical about 2x drops tho...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Bah wrong avatar...I ish secksman O.O

b:laugh
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • /zus - Dreamweaver143
    /zus - Dreamweaver143 Posts: 1 Arc User