[Server Maintenance] 3-15-2011 (complete)

Options

Comments

• Starrlytz - Heavens Tear
    Starrlytz - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The Mystics MP is a HUGE problem. It wastes more mp than every other class in the game. I went through half a platinum charm in half a day...

totally agree...without a charm and just using regular pots/apothecary mana runs out too fast..end up not being able to use any skill at all
  • NomNomz - Dreamweaver
    NomNomz - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    um... thats cuz its not actually possible for a Mystic to rez someone unless they had the buff applied to them before they died b:victory

damn. pretzels AND ez-cheez? we're in business.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Uh oh! It's nearing 12:30! The natives are going to get restless soon! b:chuckle
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Reserving this space!

b:laugh

Patch Notes Version 493
    Released March 16, 2011

User Interface
    Fixed Genie skill buttons so that you can once again click anywhere on them to activate the skill.

Cleaned up some of the pet interfaces.

Cleaned up some of the Faction base interfaces.

Cleaned up some elements of the Genie skill trees.

Fixed equipment refining prompts to correctly reference refining instead of imbuing.

Server list interface should now correctly show population instead of Speed.

Misc
    Badge of the Cube should now state that it is unable to be refined.

Removed more remnant Chinese text.

We have renamed some types of faction contribution to Construction Points in order to help prevent confusion.

And last but not least... we'll just call him Squiggles.
    WTF who ?
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • IgorotGal - Archosaur
    IgorotGal - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ...i wouldn't recommend it, as a back-up healer a would...i still prefer the cleric as the main healer...b:victory b:cute
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Options
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

Awesome!

I'm liking this guy more than Kantorek atm.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • tort
    tort Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I feel somewhat stupider for reading this forum as far as i have. i left pwi because of issues a year ago and came back to be with friends and play pve tw's for the first time.
    I am a 101 wizard who has worked very hard lvling and getting gear, however im not wanted anywhere. APS is sooooo broken you all know it is thats why you play one. solo worldbosses take all the chrono pages pages. solo nervana getting all the gear you want or need +coin to do other stuff with. the original charactors in the game are broken. barbs dont tank anymore, bm's forgot how to stun and or are awfull. archers dropping bows for claws/fists. even the new races were deamed useless because they cant get aps. so in a nut shell here asking if the new classes can or will replace old ones sure in a second, THERE DEAMED USLESS TOO.
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Awesome!

totally lost...b:surrender
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Awesome!

I thought you like me b:sad
  • prophetofman
    prophetofman Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    seeker can tank fine , granted he spent enough money to beable to hold his aoe for the duration of the boss. without the use of seekers mana killer i dont see them tanking unless its just the seeker and cleric and the cleric is smart enough not to land a hit on the boss.

most mystics are to lazy to be the primary healer.

wizard ftw
    edited March 2011
    Options
    tort wrote: »
    I feel somewhat stupider for reading this forum as far as i have. i left pwi because of issues a year ago and came back to be with friends and play pve tw's for the first time.
    I am a 101 wizard who has worked very hard lvling and getting gear, however im not wanted anywhere. APS is sooooo broken you all know it is thats why you play one. solo worldbosses take all the chrono pages pages. solo nervana getting all the gear you want or need +coin to do other stuff with. the original charactors in the game are broken. barbs dont tank anymore, bm's forgot how to stun and or are awfull. archers dropping bows for claws/fists. even the new races were deamed useless because they cant get aps. so in a nut shell here asking if the new classes can or will replace old ones sure in a second, THERE DEAMED USLESS TOO.

i dunno...play what you love to play..i have a 96 wizzie and i love her..find groups and friends to do stuff with..it's still lots of fun
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I thought you like me b:sad

I do! D:

But you're not a GM.

Either way they die
  • weqweqwe
    weqweqwe Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    maybe mystic and seekers will get better skills once they add the level 79+ skills
    i mean mystic get a res and seeker get taunt xD
  • Vasto_Lorde - Raging Tide
    Vasto_Lorde - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    totally lost...b:surrender

ikr lmfao b:chuckle
  • blobby16
    blobby16 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    havent has a seeker tank but considering a barb who was originally designed to hold agro cant i dont see a seeker doing any better... Had a mystic make a lower lvl bh party. mystic wanted pots just to give rez buffs and i think i ended up doing more healing with my pychic....rofl mystic is def not cleric by any means
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Erm, Kantorek was the GM charged with patching the game with updates from China 'til last week.

Now he's replaced with a new guy, who seemingly has a sense of humor.

Either way they die
  • Ingrafer - Heavens Tear
    Ingrafer - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Here's my opinion on the new classes.

First off the Seeker is a total fail as an aggro keeper,that's all i really know.

As for Mystic's I think they are perfect as Cleric supporters because of the quick heal and the res skill which I think was meant for clerics only and not the WHOLE squad cause not every cleric out there carries around a Guardian Scroll or Res Scroll. I mean I'm afraid to go into a Nirvana now cause APS DD's get on my nerves cause you never really know who's going to get aggro so having a Mystic in the squad(who knows what they're doing) would be great to heal while I ress the newb who died b:cute

And BTW all that people that complain about people that power-lvl should calm down, cause complaining doesn't do anything. Might as well go yell at a wall or something.

And those who do choose to pwer-lvl should be able to learn to play their class FAST our don't do it at all b:thanks
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Erm, Kantorek was the GM charged with patching the game with updates from China 'til last week.

Now he's replaced with a new guy, who seemingly has a sense of humor.

Kantorek is gone? :(

Though the new guy does seem to be quicker on the patch notes...
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • neubs
    neubs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    not every cleric out there carries around a Guardian Scroll or Res Scroll.

If ur a cleric and u don't carry rez scrolls on u, quit now, cause u suxorz.
  • DoggyStylin - Sanctuary
    DoggyStylin - Sanctuary Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    And, instead of the patch notes just saying, "minor localizations" we actually get some juicy details. b:victoryb:pleased
    edited March 2011
    Options
    neubs wrote: »

lol u gotta carry a rez scroll..sucks that it takes an hour to refresh..but it's part of what we have to do o.o
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Options
    And, instead of the patch notes just saying, "minor localizations" we actually get some juicy details. b:victoryb:pleased

And isn't it funny how we're far happier with such little details as that than we are with many messages from frankie saying that the blessing/DQ pages will be up soon? :P
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Gri - Lost City
    Gri - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    neubs wrote: »

Uhh...I never carry res scrolls on my cleric. They don't save me exp so why would I care? Plus if you're a good cleric you don't die very often. And when you do die enough to use res scrolls you have to decide if the squad is worth coming back to because usually they are at fault.

And my cleric is also LA...I suppose that means I double suck or something.
  • NomNomz - Dreamweaver
    NomNomz - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    taking fb19 out of the "non-vanilla" PW classes' agenda for character development is incredibly fail. a lvl19 new to the game is gonna be WTFwowed by higher levels or w/e bringing them through a dungeon. it takes TIME to do an fb generally. what do we get now? "oh THAT boss? np." (3 minutes later, counting travel time) "kk dead. good luck." that isn't fun at all for anyone. fb19 was a rite of passage involving some form of teamwork and learning curve at that level, even if it was just having the newb stay out of harm's way and watch all the mop-up. plus a tab is incentive to help lower levels get their stuff done.

i'm guessing it isn't "cool" or "profitable" to learn anymore or to need to work hard to level and have any sense of accomplishment from that hard work. those hypernubs-from-lvl1-in-FC didn't earn much of their level, and will most times turn out to be pretty bad at their class, pissing everyone else off by not having any idea wtf is going on...

romance is dead, MTV has no music on it anymore, and there's contribution quests in the shiny new wedding chapel for *stuff*.

holy **** dude.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Kantorek is gone? :(

Though the new guy does seem to be quicker on the patch notes...

I know you may not have meant it like I am perceiving it, but in Kantoreks defense... (even if I don't know how much kant did) coding is very time consuming, and he may have done a lot more then just coding for this game. Perhaps he has just done the updating/supervised the updates so much that he is so exhausted/busy doing that... that he doesn't post patch notes as fast as some of us would like... myself included... depending on the night. =x

Sadly he was barely known in the forums, however he didn't post much here, was more of a hermit, perhaps due to the fact he was busy working on things/trying to figure out what **** up was causing which bug. (despite what popular belief seems to be... It can be difficult finding the code, etc that is **** up the game.) It it much easier to blame it on the gamer, then the coder. Then again I have no idea how this game is done, but surely it has some written code somewhere, after all that is how most of the internet runs. :X
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • XDreadx - Archosaur
    XDreadx - Archosaur Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    patch is up servers still down
  • hammeredvodka
    hammeredvodka Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    And last but not least... we'll just call him Squiggles.

^^^ Really.... thats it we'll call him squiggles and i have to wait another 22 min + however long in game it takes to figure out wtf this means? i hate you it will be the only thing i think of untill i find it out... =(
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lol u gotta carry a rez scroll..sucks that it takes an hour to refresh..but it's part of what we have to do o.o

And if it's fail squad that caused me to die, I usually ask them each to donate towards the cost of replacing it since I'm without one for the duration of the cooldown.

They don't grow on trees, and they can't be used repeatedly. It's one of the few things I expect people to pay for if it gets used in a situation when it really shouldn't be.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Lianithia - Dreamweaver
    Lianithia - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Too all of you who already have a Seeker OR a Mystic past lvl 50

No way no how have you played the toons long enough to really know what they can and can't do.
    You all used hypers or some means to power lvl your toons.
    Maybe you need to learn how to pace your skills to save mana. Maybe you need to learn the different combos to use to get the best results!

AND OMG STOP WITH ALL THE WHINING AND COMPLAINING ABOUT EVERYTHING PWI DOES FOR CHRIST SAKE!

It's a F2P game, and totally your choice to spend money on it!
    Don't blame the makers for your addictions.

Why can't everyone just play the game and enjoy it.. That IS what the whole idea is about, having FUN not aggravation.
    If you don't like what they do then quit.

Yeah I will get some lewd remarks about this, but my reply is DITTO!