[Server Maintenance] 3-15-2011 (complete)

Options

Comments

• Praxalis - Archosaur
    Praxalis - Archosaur Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    As far as my view on this.

Mystics are nice healers, but they seem to be only like a back up heal.
    Their heals drain ALOT of mp. ._. Compared to a cleric, i would rather have the heals over time than the insta heals.

Having a mystic heal you is like having a cleric in squad that only spams wellspring surge. Sure its nice, it heals, but it cant save you from those bad *** bosses who stun and hit you majorly.
    So IH still wins as the best heal.

Now as a Seeker tanking, well its possible. They could tank pretty well but that depends more on the player and their skill with it, and the squad actually letting him tanking it.

I say leave the tanking to the actual major DD and stick to the debuffing and squad support seekers!

Then either your mystic doesn't know their class or they're not MP charmed. We have-

Fallen Petals- works as an IH would except only starts ticking when you receive damage.
    Healing Herb-Heals over time but kind of a weak heal
    Vital herb-casts a bless icon also heals over time but only lasts for 20 sec
    **These herbs can STACK and also other mystics herbs can, unless people have seen otherwise.
    Salvation summon-can cast a damage absorption shield as well as a Fallen petals effect that stacks w/ Fallen petals buff as well.

Im not saying that Mystics are better but again, its a combo heavy class. Which is MP costly. But if you can by pass the cost, not fall asleep at the keyboard and play it with skill you can do just fine. Like I said the thing I dont like is the fact that the plants can get hurt pretty bad in AOE circumstances but for things like most BHs/FB's Mytsics are pretty good at playing a back seat healing roll if need be.
  • Makiruxx - Sanctuary
    Makiruxx - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I didn't say fists did more damage per hit. If you'd read I mentioned DPS. Same thing goes for what I said about my pole BM. Yeah my +8 TT 99 Pole does more damage per hit...but my +4 fists still have better dps = better for aggro.

Yeah if you read what i said: "4.0 sword bm" which is the max you can achieve btw, out DDs a "4.0 fist BM" same dps there.

Its more aps really.
    However sword bms have no chance against sins or any other major DD like that, but they still can tank very well.

My BM is fists, but if I could choose i would be pure 4.0 sword BM with like a +12 vana sword.
    The only problem with that is people dont want sword bms in squads much. :3
    Each path has its advantages and disadvantages.
  • Sashera - Sanctuary
    Sashera - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    eh, I hant played too far into the Mystic yet myself, im waiting till me and my bf can play more together :)
    But up to 23 so far im finding it pretty fun ^^ the pet-levels-with-you thing is definetaly a massive bonus... gah its a pain maintaining 3-4 pets when you have to grind out your levels :/ (cube anyone?) But then again, im not much of a dedicated player so i wouldnt know about all this your class is taking over mine wtf thing either LOL
    I love my veno's, I love my Mystic, I love all my charecters, big woop *shrugs*

BACK on topic... nice deal with the expansion guys, but pleeease fix some of your 3 year old issues :/ iv yet to play any other game that has rubber banding as an issue which must be saying something right? right?? no? okay :S
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ois - Lost City
    Ois - Lost City Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yeah if you read what i said: "4.0 sword bm" which is the max you can achieve btw, out DDs a "4.0 fist BM" same dps there.

Its more aps really.
    However sword bms have no chance against sins or any other major DD like that, but they still can tank very well.

My BM is fists, but if I could choose i would be pure 4.0 sword BM with like a +12 vana sword.
    The only problem with that is people dont want sword bms in squads much. :3
    Each path has its advantages and disadvantages.

Dude you aren't helping yourself...

DPS stands for Damage Per Second. What you are talking about is APS which stands for Attacks Per Second.

Of course a 4.0 sword BM will deal more damage than a 4.0 fist BM. Because they have higher Damage Per Second. Not the same Damage Per Second.
  • Judo_ - Sanctuary
    Judo_ - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Update is ready for download b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Makiruxx - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Then either your mystic doesn't know their class or they're not MP charmed. We have-

Fallen Petals- works as an IH would except only starts ticking when you receive damage.
    Healing Herb-Heals over time but kind of a weak heal
    Vital herb-casts a bless icon also heals over time but only lasts for 20 sec
    **These herbs can STACK and also other mystics herbs can, unless people have seen otherwise.
    Salvation summon-can cast a damage absorption shield as well as a Fallen petals effect that stacks w/ Fallen petals buff as well.

Im not saying that Mystics are better but again, its a combo heavy class. Which is MP costly. But if you can by pass the cost, not fall asleep at the keyboard and play it with skill you can do just fine. Like I said the thing I dont like is the fact that the plants can get hurt pretty bad in AOE circumstances but for things like most BHs/FB's Mytsics are pretty good at playing a back seat healing roll if need be.

Well my Mystic is only level 5 i never found much interest in the class.

Those heals seem useful, but I don't think it can replace a clerics.

And MP charms must go very fast on mystics. ._.
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Update is ready for download b:thanks

Hope the servers are up soon though! b:chuckle
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • weqweqwe
    weqweqwe Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Well my Mystic is only level 5 interest in the class.

And MP charms must go very fast on mystics. ._.

how do you know mp charms go fast if your mystic is only level 5 xD my mp charm lasts for 3-4 days its not that bad
  • Starrlytz - Heavens Tear
    Starrlytz - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    blah..this has to be the most unfun maintenance thread ever b:chuckle IMO seekers and mystics are actually a great addition..there's no replacing any of the other classes. As support classes they r gonna help a lot. I know as a cleric having that extra bit from a mystic takes the pressure off lots. It's a game guys b:cute
  • ISummonShlt - Heavens Tear
    ISummonShlt - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The Mystics MP is a HUGE problem. It wastes more mp than every other class in the game. I went through half a platinum charm in half a day...
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Options
    IMO seekers and mystics are actually a great addition..there's no replacing any of the other classes.

Especially since most are 3x-5x and I can take out a few with a single tempest if I get bored! Greatest addition ever, since you get hours from the mystic "pets", too! b:chuckle
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Makiruxx - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Dude you aren't helping yourself...

DPS stands for Damage Per Second. What you are talking about is APS which stands for Attacks Per Second.

Of course a 4.0 sword BM will deal more damage than a 4.0 fist BM. Because they have higher Damage Per Second. Not the same Damage Per Second.

aps leads up to dps

thats what i meant >_>

if you have the same aps dds in a squad

the sword would win over dps over fists

>_>
  • DizasterX - Archosaur
    DizasterX - Archosaur Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    sin>all b:bye
  • Makiruxx - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    weqweqwe wrote: »
    how do you know mp charms go fast if your mystic is only level 5 xD my mp charm lasts for 3-4 days its not that bad
    i said it must go fast XD
    it was a guess lmao
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The Mystics MP is a HUGE problem. It wastes more mp than every other class in the game. I went through half a platinum charm in half a day...

Which is why I stopped playing my Mystic. I thought the class was fun at first, and I was leveling very easily (the old fashioned way by doing quest and not being a hyper oracle nub), but the mp cost just became too much. In the end, it's a very costly class to play because of it.
  • Ois - Lost City
    Ois - Lost City Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    aps leads up to dps

thats what i meant >_>

if you have the same aps dds in a squad

the sword would win over dps over fists

>_>

Yes. lol
  • Makiruxx - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yes. lol

okay we've reached an agreement then XD
  • Jonest - Raging Tide
    Jonest - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    no early release of the update this time?
  • RedlceDragon - Harshlands
    RedlceDragon - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Notice how none of the Mod's or GM's dont reply to simple questions we have....like the jones blessing for example. Im starting to get annoyed and upset with the PWI staff. Can they atleast have some decency to reply to us. No, they cant, because they obviously don't care.

It's all about the $ b:shutup.

But on another note, if seekers had some aggro skills it would be perfect. Because, a R9 seeker would have over 100 def lvl and therfore replace barb.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    sin>all b:bye

If it were possible, a 5.0 APS Bow Archer would WAAAAAAAAY out DPS a Sin. It would also cost... like... a lot, since you're basically spending 10 coins per second for your attacks.

Since Bow is limited to 1.5 or so APS (nobody has ever told me what a 5.0 fist Archer does with a -int bow)... Eh.

I want a Zerk Bow. Maybe I'll get a Gloom Bow.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • NomNomz - Dreamweaver
    NomNomz - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    "Yo, bartender! Jobu needs a refill!"

--Eddie Harris, "Major League"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Makiruxx - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Notice how none of the Mod's or GM's dont reply to simple questions we have....like the jones blessing for example. Im starting to get annoyed and upset with the PWI staff. Can they atleast have some decency to reply to us. No, they cant, because they obviously don't care.

It's all about the $ b:shutup.

But on another note, if seekers had some aggro skills it would be perfect. Because, a R9 seeker would have over 100 def lvl and therfore replace barb.

well if your question is when the jones blessing will be up then

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1030001

look at the last comment there o.o
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Options

You mean when the blessings will be back up?
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • phatlewt1
    phatlewt1 Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Mystic can't main heal for the simple reason that they do not have a normal rez. No one wants to go on a run and risk having to respawn and lose lots of xp. Add in the lack of a purify and blue bubble and mystic remains a back up healer.

Seekers can't main tank because they have no aggro skills. Without aggro skills, they would have to out damage the DD, which won't happen, especially at endgame when a sword user can't compete with 5.0 aps sins/bms/archers.
  • Tigerninja - Heavens Tear
    Tigerninja - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hey all,

We've got regularly scheduled Server Maintenance tonight from:

11pm PST until 1am PST

And for the usual maintenance conversation starter..

So how's the Seeker as a main tank? How about the Mystic as a main healer? Discuss.

b:angry Seeker as tank??? I still don't see in WC: LF Seeker to tank BHXX. Or 'LF mystic to come and rez me at coord XXX,XXX'

Barb rule is not over yet b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
  • RedlceDragon - Harshlands
    RedlceDragon - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    well if your question is when the jones blessing will be up then

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1030001

look at the last comment there o.o

Lmfao, thank you. Ok Mod's and GM's.....your off for now b:surrender.
  • DizasterX - Archosaur
    DizasterX - Archosaur Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If it were possible, a 5.0 APS Bow Archer would WAAAAAAAAY out DPS a Sin. It would also cost... like... a lot, since you're basically spending 10 coins per second for your attacks.

Since Bow is limited to 1.5 or so APS (nobody has ever told me what a 5.0 fist Archer does with a -int bow)... Eh.

I want a Zerk Bow. Maybe I'll get a Gloom Bow.

I did not get ur whole point. My english is a bit weak b:surrender

Anyways from what iv seen.

R8Sin with +6 r8 daggers @ 2.86APS (Sparked) > 5aps(Sparked) fist archer with +6 Decides

(The amount of coins u spend for getting the gears in both cases is nearly same)

and with all types of interval gears the maximum aps you can reach with bow is 1aps (not fully sure)

Anyways 5aps fist archer should do way more damage than some1 using r9 bow for sure
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Options

As I had linked, they've posted the same info in multiple threads. The one I linked was from a sticky even. They stick threads for a reason, ijs... b:surrender
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Makiruxx - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options

b:chuckle
  • Sashera - Sanctuary
    Sashera - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    b:angry Seeker as tank??? I still don't see in WC: LF Seeker to tank BHXX. Or 'LF mystic to come and rez me at coord XXX,XXX'

Barb rule is not over yet

um... thats cuz its not actually possible for a Mystic to rez someone unless they had the buff applied to them before they died b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]