Faction Bases: Tell me this is a joke...wth

Comments

• SeaCrit_Sin - Harshlands
    SeaCrit_Sin - Harshlands Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Guild Bases are designed for PvP purposes. This does not prevent anyone from enjoying their precious PvE.

If you thought Guild Bases were for everyone, that is your own fault. The Genesis Preview has been out for a long enough time for you to actually read it.

What part of 40 vs 40 guild base wars made you think it designed for PvE?
  • Storm_Tide - Harshlands
    Storm_Tide - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    No one will no until these fights actually happen.

In the mean time people are spending money hand over fist to build something that might be taken away a week after they build it, not really knowing the risks.

Seems to me that some real and complete information from PWI Personnel is needed immediately. As usual, we are only hearing crickets from the PWI camp.
    What's the point of having a rapier wit if I can't use it to stab people? b:sin
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Guild Bases are designed for PvP purposes. This does not prevent anyone from enjoying their precious PvE.

If you thought Guild Bases were for everyone, that is your own fault. The Genesis Preview has been out for a long enough time for you to actually read it.

What part of 40 vs 40 guild base wars made you think it designed for PvE?

noone thought 40v40 was mae for pve. noone. but most of us thought that it would be optional. not o xxx faction is going to atk you and there is nothing you can do to prevent it.

I can has a bluenamed guild base plzb:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011
    >.> how about we make a compromise among us (players) that those top factions go play with each other or w/e we decide as an unofficial rule? b:laugh
    I'm pretty sure that all factions that can make a base will visit the forum.
    Just an idea, don't throw rocks on me b:thanks
    Edit: yay, 1st post xD

Won't work, because you have sad specimens of inhumanity like THIS running many "not quite top factions" who only get their jollys by hurting others.
    I personally hope the damage one guild can do to another guild's base is enough to destroy it. It would be so much fun to completely wipe out all that hard work. b:dirty

Rank 9 FTMFW b:kiss
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    noone thought 40v40 was mae for pve. noone. but most of us thought that it would be optional. not o xxx faction is going to atk you and there is nothing you can do to prevent it.

I can has a bluenamed guild base plzb:thanks

yes .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    In the mean time people are spending money hand over fist to build something that might be taken away a week after they build it, not really knowing the risks.

Seems to me that some real and complete information from PWI Personnel is needed immediately. As usual, we are only hearing crickets from the PWI camp.

if you spend money on something not knowing what your going to get, and get something you dont like, who do you have to blame?

@Kiyoshi: what did you spend 1.5 bil on? R8 +(a lot) w/2 drakeflames, idk i dont think thats obselete, i would be a lot more pissed off if i was DragOonz or plazma and spent 11.5b, and its not that warsouls or R8 is obselete either, there is just something better and cheaper available now, the idea that a faction will spend 400m 2 times a week to take part in the base war system just seems so bad and unworkable that it cant possibly be the case, a critical reading of the descriptions will bring you to my conclusion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SeaCrit_Sin - Harshlands
    SeaCrit_Sin - Harshlands Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    But it is optional. No one is forcing you to create a guild base.

All I see is people that want the reward from having a guild base, but none of the risk. That's just not how it works. I'm sure you would also love receiving TW payment and not have to worry about defending your land - game doesn't work that way either.

Sooner or later you will have to accept the fact that this update was not catered to your personal preference. You can get angry at me for that. I don't care. It wont solve any of your problems. Or you can find a game that does cater to what you are looking for.

Either way: PEACE
    b:bye
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    There's really nothing to gain from successfully defending a guild base war, except I suppose not having to repair defensive structures. If that were the case then every single guild would just decline.

I must be REALLY sleepy now after being up so long but i have no damn clue what you were implying there..... If WHAT were the case? I didnt' say anything about what you gain or lose..... i was saying how it prolly actually went (in a way that made more sense... to me anyway).. bleh idk
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I must be REALLY sleepy now after being up so long but i have no damn clue what you were implying there..... If WHAT were the case? I didnt' say anything about what you gain or lose..... i was saying how it prolly actually went (in a way that made more sense... to me anyway).. bleh idk
    If a guild could deny an attack.

There's nothing gained from defending, you're just trying to minimalize your losses.

As such, if a guild could deny an attack, then every guild would deny every single attack they received.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    SeaCrit your an azzz.....
    I run a decent size faction that is primarily PVE. We do KOS RPK guilds but thats about it.
    HOWEVER... Guildbases should not, nor do I believe they were desgined to be, for guilds who can cash shop enormous amounts of money to keep things going.
    There is no way a low to midsize guild can keep guilds like Essence from **** our base.

For you to tell folks that because they can't afford to defend their base against guilds that are mainly 10x R9 +10 is indicative of the problem with this game today.

People like you seem to think if others can't have the uber gear / mentality you do they are fail, and thats far from accurate.

But it is optional. No one is forcing you to create a guild base.

All I see is people that want the reward from having a guild base, but none of the risk. That's just not how it works. I'm sure you would also love receiving TW payment and not have to worry about defending your land - game doesn't work that way either.

Sooner or later you will have to accept the fact that this update was not catered to your personal preference. You can get angry at me for that. I don't care. It wont solve any of your problems. Or you can find a game that does cater to what you are looking for.

Either way: PEACE
    b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011
    i can assure you... the majority of large factions/tw factions will not touch lower factions -- b:surrender we do have some dignity left

(territory map is a different story)

Your assurances fall on deaf ears after this:

I personally hope the damage one guild can do to another guild's base is enough to destroy it. It would be so much fun to completely wipe out all that hard work. b:dirty

Rank 9 FTMFW b:kiss

And this is only one of the many who would actually say it openly. Some people have no dignity or standards of honor. They only hurt and take for the pure enjoyment of it.
  • Daialura - Heavens Tear
    Daialura - Heavens Tear Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I don't suppose this new addition helps?
    From http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Faction_Bases :
    7. Once the declaration is made, it takes effect immediately. Can not be cancelled or changed, but can be declined. http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/4522/20110302204950.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And still too squishy...
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    If a guild could deny an attack.

There's nothing gained from defending, you're just trying to minimalize your losses.

As such, if a guild could deny an attack, then every guild would deny every single attack they received.

Except we were talking about what that pic prolly meant......
  • Atreyuthus - Sanctuary
    Atreyuthus - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Do GM's put this on their? O.o I thought this was something from a user that was put on the wiki. This doesn't make it anymore true, just confusing people to no end.

b:surrender
    edited March 2011

i explained that 2 pages ago, unfortunately people only read the title of the thread and the current page.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Niamaia - Sanctuary
    Niamaia - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    And to be fair, I can kinda see they tried to make this Guild Base thing realistic.

Faction leader 1: "I shall smite thee tonight! ENGARDE!"
    Faction leader 2: "Er, sorry not tonight" *declines war*
    Faction leader 1: b:sad

And the resources needed to build a freakin' fort shouldn't come as a trip to Home Depot either. I think the idea is that if you have enough manpower to gather the ridiculous amount of resources to build a base, then you'd have enough manpower to defend it...A cashshopper with fat wallet could make a faction and build an entire base for himself and keep it that way because nobody could declare war on it if he was able to decline...in that sense I think the fact that you can't decline war is nice.

You make a very valid point...But game aspects shouldn't be changed this much simply because it makes them more realistic. It's a fantasy game for crying out loud. Games in general should not be realistic, especially not games where you can play as fish people that cast spells. If I want reality, I would seek it in the real world. Games are for having fun in a very unrealistic world, doing things that could never normally be done.
    If they wanted to be more realistic, they should take out some things. Like double jumping, flipping in the air, every race that is not human, all spells that are produced using magic, MP altogether, enemies that are not also in real life, the ability to run forever, teleportation, and big magical wings that sprout from your back and allow you to fly.
    My point is that a game should never have to be more realistic. If they make an aspect that much more realistic, they should make the other aspects more realistic as well. If next to none of the aspects are realistic, they shouldn't put forth effort to make one certain aspect more realistic. Reality in video games doesn't always make them better, or more enjoyable.
    I would never spend more than $200 total on a game, unless the game itself costs that much, especially if I didn't like the way they were doing things. I'd say just stop playing the game if I couldn't stand it anymore.
  • sig1043a
    sig1043a Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    All I see is people that want the reward from having a guild base, but none of the risk.

You are blind if thats what you see. Last I checked it cost 200m + roughly another 200m in materials just to make the basic guild base. Then members had to do daily quests based on their race to help build the base up further. There is your risk right there, putting in the money, supplies, time and effort to build up the base.

At no point is anyone saying we should all get guild bases and have to pay nothing for it. The argument is that on a PvE server, forced PvP as a condition of the guild base is total bull$%^&.

But I really wouldn't expect someone from a PvP server to comprehend that.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited March 2011

"Whole expansion has just left me depressed"

i agree.

i was looking forward to mystics having neat new pets-so far, a fail. only two, and one that is the most freaking ugly thing in the game, that cant be put away unless you log off. now who is going to want a player with a pet like that? here you are, in a tough FB,FF, etc, and one of your squad members says,'oops, pet died,
    gotta log off', right in the midle of a boss battle. yikes
    !
    i was looking forward to new catchables, as there was in the TB expansion. so far, not a single one, though there are tons of cuties in the beginners area that we could at least have as fun pets.

at least we got nicer startup screens, though that mystic is gonna be damn cold if she ever gets up into the mountains or the Harshlands. :/ and im going to have to start putting all my post in bold, because this gre and black pages are very hard to read.
    Well i saw quite a few posts saying you could be attacked anytime and have materials stolen from you if you couldn't defend it,someone else might link to some of them but i just cba lol

Whole expansion has just left me depressed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Are you sure that SS isn't a declined War in the faction alliance window (PK) ? Rather than a guild base war
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    SeaCrit your an azzz.....
    I run a decent size faction that is primarily PVE. We do KOS RPK guilds but thats about it.
    HOWEVER... Guildbases should not, nor do I believe they were desgined to be, for guilds who can cash shop enormous amounts of money to keep things going.
    There is no way a low to midsize guild can keep guilds like Essence from **** our base.

For you to tell folks that because they can't afford to defend their base against guilds that are mainly 10x R9 +10 is indicative of the problem with this game today.

People like you seem to think if others can't have the uber gear / mentality you do they are fail, and thats far from accurate.

You really think so? That a mid-sized guild have no chance against a top guild? How many smaller guilds can field full 80 well-geared people for TW? Now how about if you only need to field 40? Is that not easier? I'd say guild base fights at least makes it easier to have smaller guilds fight against larger guilds. Guilds that would get rolled in a full 80vs80 TW might not do so badly in a guild fight.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited March 2011
    sig1043a wrote: »
    The argument is that on a PvE server, forced PvP as a condition of the guild base is total bull$%^&.

But I really wouldn't expect someone from a PvP server to comprehend that.

The fact that PVE server even have PVP disabled unless you chose to enable it is a perversion of the game design. The point of bases is to have more PVP content, because aside from the pvp aspect of them there is little else to do, a couple low xp quests, and the ability to buy some overprice **** that is completely unnecessary outside of pvp. If you arent interested in PVP why do you want a base in the first place?
    Are you sure that SS isn't a declined War in the faction alliance window (PK) ? Rather than a guild base war
    thats what i said 2 pages ago, i think this clarification will have to be posted on each page of this thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Most EG people want more PvP.

You're the minority.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The fact that PVE server even have PVP disabled unless you chose to enable it is a perversion of the game design. The point of bases is to have more PVP content, because aside from the pvp aspect of them there is little else to do, a couple low xp quests, and the ability to buy some overprice **** that is completely unnecessary outside of pvp. If you arent interested in PVP why do you want a base in the first place?

I believe that a lot of people want the guild base simply for being a private hang out for members of your faction.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I believe that a lot of people want the guild base simply for being a private hang out for members of your faction.

I thought that was called South Archosaur
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Then just use any instance -.-

Cube, JR, DT or go to past maps
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • sig1043a
    sig1043a Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    There's really nothing to gain from successfully defending a guild base war, except I suppose not having to repair defensive structures. If that were the case then every single guild would just decline.

You are right. Being able to decline is counter-productive to wars for supplies. There may be some factions that want to have a fair war against another faction for the fun of it, but other than that, if the benefits of declining outweigh the benefits of successfully defending your base no matter who is attacking you, most factions would decline.

Between this logic and the silence of the gm's on a pretty important issue thats been in debate for two days now. I bet that there is no decline option. That the image posted is the standard message for a faction that didn't win the multi-bid for battle lotto or for something else entirely.

I have noticed in most games, GM's/dev's are silent when people are upset about something legitimate. I.E. no plans t fix/change it, no point in confirming/addressing it.
    edited March 2011
    for real, if you want all of your faction to be able to stand in the same place, then pick a place and go stand there, you can even send be 200m and 500 warsong emblems if you want to, and ill pick out a nice spot for you. b:cute

and if you want a way to talk so that everyone in your guild can see what you type but nobody outside the guild can then type "!~" before everything you say
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Hey just think the only thing left for China Devs to **** up now is converting the PVE servers to PVP. LOL

Seriously though, reading this thread, guild bases are like the disappointment that comes with your significant other offing their load before they even get under the covers. What a shin-kicker Guild bases are. =_=

Hopefully the Chinese hate it as much as we do and will fix it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • Jenovadeath - Lost City
    Jenovadeath - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Well as from what I've read in this thread so far faction bases are pretty fail for the most part the insane amount of money and mats it costs to get one started is ridiculous first off in my opionion for what it is that you can get from the faction bases at all.

Secondly having them be destroyable is quite literaly the stupidiest thing I've heard whoever came up with that idea must have rode the short bus to school.

And all the players saying its geared toward pvp content you did notice in those links that you also have to PVE to maintain and keep the base from being destroyed as well not only defend it from other attacking guilds.

Its just another thing where the rich get richer and the strong get stronger weeding out all the casual players. The pvp is dead on this game you can get infinite +30 attack lvl charms from the facebook jones event **** by just creating more and more FB accounts and a few other way's as well.

The game is broke and at this point there pretty much no fixing it hell everyone can get rank 8 for 60 bucks and hit lvl 100 in 2 months with frost and hypers you have ppl soloing frost now for lvl 5 chars to speed lvl them. Why even have a lvl anymore if all its about is end game content just make everyone lvl 105 and they can all sit in the cities wc and waiting on ques for dungeons for gear and thats it but wait they don't have to 60 bucks and they can get rank 8 and have one of the top tier gear sets in the game with no effort what so ever.

I don't mind cash shopping I've spent well over a grand myself lvling several chars to end game and gearing them out but the point this game has taken it too is on a whole nother lvl than any other f2p game with a cash shop.

You realy blew it this time I don't think many more ppl are going to be coming to this game nor staying here. Go to some mmo review sites and see what they talk about on you'r game see how many players reccomend it and no I don't mean the ones that just say the graphics are pretty cause lets face it for the engines that are out there this games graphics are **** for this day in age.

Ya realy need to get an idea on how to make a stable game instead of trying to get burst profit from sales and half assed content thats not even complete.Hell theres not even any new weaps that I saw for seekers realy they used swords so just build a sword bm at least assassins and psys got their own TT and frost and lunar peices for weapons.

I started to get excited about this expansion but after seeing the way its set up and released its just another broken peice of game content. How long till ppl are saying this is OP about seekers or mystics and cry nerf just like with sins.When is the freaking Tournament gonna be fixed What about the rubber band bug what about all the bs that needs to be fixed yet has never been adressed.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Then just use any instance -.-

Cube, JR, DT or go to past maps

And if the point is for it to be private for the faction members?
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
This discussion has been closed.