Faction Bases: Tell me this is a joke...wth

1101112131416»

Comments

• sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    _Petal_, we never got a guide for the wedding ceremony, either, and that costs a fair bit of coin, if you go all out like some people I know. So...seriously, don't except a guide by gms. I'm not being trying to be rude, just blunt - at the most we MIGHT get some clarifications about something...-maybe-. But a full, in depth guide? Highly, HIGHLY doubtful.

Which sucks.
    Well, technically speaking, the original source of the data I put up in the wiki entry came from a guide by the GMs I found in the game files while I was waiting for the servers to come up during the Genesis expansion maintenance. So, the GMs already did release a guide, just not a highly detail oriented one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    Well, technically speaking, the original source of the data I put up in the wiki entry came from a guide by the GMs I found in the game files while I was waiting for the servers to come up during the Genesis expansion maintenance. So, the GMs already did release a guide, just not a highly detail oriented one.

So whats the answer?
    How many actives do you need to keep the base healthy?
    what exactly does "decommissioned" mean?

NEED INPUT!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fishlips - Harshlands
    Fishlips - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    yes guild bases suck hair money balls.it take up my online time doing the quest. need this time for diging mats and herbs. so sale and make pot. tw suck too . it eats up my mp and hp charms and the pots i make i lose money every week on this b.s.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    yes guild bases suck hair money balls.it take up my online time doing the quest. need this time for diging mats and herbs. so sale and make pot. tw suck too . it eats up my mp and hp charms and the pots i make i lose money every week on this b.s.

Soooooo... Don't do TW, and join a faction without a base, or go factionless. Stop QQing, start digging.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Batini - Archosaur
    Batini - Archosaur Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I have only read about 4 pages of this thread and all I see is the QQing about Guild Bases being destroyed and how that small carebear, non TW guild finds it unfair that once they have a guild base it can be destroyed and that it cost 3 mill per month for an alliance. I guess all those that are 100+ that have posted this muct of powerlevlled because I really think you don't have a clue. Here is why....

If you don't participate in TW's or PvP then a guild base is probably useless to you anyway as it will allow in the future for 'mini TW's mid week, a lot of people only play for TW, hence TW guilds - Most of the benefits involved in a base are centred towards PvP aspects (maybe except the extra XP, but this is minimal return anyway)

Alliances can be formed for aspiring and established TW guilds so that alliances (as far as I can make out) can help you recruit that R9 Barb and Sin from faction'X' to help you defend your base if your particular guild doesn;t have the firepower to do so. Another aspect is in forming startegic attacks on particular guilds to weaken them. If a guild is getting too strong, band together and reduce their ability to make buffs they are using against you, destroy their moral so players leave the guild and therefore weakening them. A great way for players that are not in the same guild to 'TW' together and another opportunity for players to have a PvP event.

Keeping guilds together - I have seen many guilds on Arch server since the start form for one reason or another then dissolve because their objective have been met or for various other reasons. If you build a GB you are investing in that guild and so are the players that do the dailys, there by potentially retaining members in the guild and making the officers of that guild work harder to do so - this is such an important part (as I see it) for the reason of a guild base.

It just seems (like I said from the first 3 pages) that it appears to be the normal 'it isn;t fair that the bigger more organised and experianced guilds are doing better than us, attitude. There is a reason the are bigger and more experianced. Everyone has the same opportunity in this game, we all start at the same point, but like life some people are better at seeing opportunites and making the most of their situation than others, no point QQing about it, just enjoy what you are doing and let the others enjoy what they are doing.

Good on you PWI I await the guild base wars and everything it will bring to the game, I feel sorry for those that think this detracts from their experiance rather than enhancing.
  • sjslover
    sjslover Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Some games do have customizable in-game housing or other similar systems. I think the non TW/PVP factions thought guild bases would be like that(a place to hang their hat). It's useless, but so is in-game fashion and look at how many people have that. On a side note the members of large TW factions need to get off their high horses, not everyone wants to PvP and there are plenty of factions with a number of high levels who don't TW by choice. Also you're in-game level doesn't change whether you are a better person then someone at a lower level or with lesser gear then you have. A jerk irl is generally a jerk in-game, and the same usually goes for nice people.b:bye
  • Batini - Archosaur
    Batini - Archosaur Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    sjslover wrote: »
    Some games do have customizable in-game housing or other similar systems. I think the non TW/PVP factions thought guild bases would be like that(a place to hang their hat). It's useless, but so is in-game fashion and look at how many people have that. On a side note the members of large TW factions need to get off their high horses, not everyone wants to PvP and there are plenty of factions with a number of high levels who don't TW by choice. Also you're in-game level doesn't change whether you are a better person then someone at a lower level or with lesser gear then you have. A jerk irl is generally a jerk in-game, and the same usually goes for nice people.b:bye

I agree kind of. It would have been great to have two levels of GB of which one would get what we have and the other lesser. 'A place to hang your hat'

I agree also to a certian extent of your second point but the fact of the matter is it goes both ways, those that don't PvP/TW shouldn't QQ about those that do. Don't join a PvPserver join a PvE server, joined a PvE server? Don't go White named. Kinda simple, no one is holding a gun to anyone's head.
    IMHO you will find though the majority (I didn't say all) of people that do PvP and TW probably have a greater knowledge overall of the game than those that don't. Think of it as a trade off between playing the game in your own time and slowly learning yourself, which is fine but also don't bemoan those that want to learn more at a quicker rate. of which in my opinion you can do quicker and more thoroughly with a good TW/PvP guild.

And your last point, 100% agree with people are people, there are good, bad and stupid, gear/level or whatever does not change any of this, unless you are looking for Delta squad then all is forgiven.
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Come on Mod's, do your job...
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Come on Mod's, do your job...

They should be here soon...... lol b:chuckle

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    lol at him trying to necro the stickies XD b:chuckle
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Here comes the BOOM!! Closed for necro.
This discussion has been closed.