Faction Bases: Tell me this is a joke...wth

Comments

• Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Too lazy to read through 15 pages of a PWI forum thread. Has anything relevant about guild bases been posted? I'm going to assume no.
  • krelianmage
    krelianmage Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Can the gms give us some info about this ?

Oh wait, they dont know **** about the game.
    Have they done any testing on the new features?

Is guild base rly totally destroied after a losing battle? cause if it is, that total bs
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You know what... just cause of all you cry babies. I am gonna make a guild with my alt and personally attack and destroy all your bases.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • BriarFoxy - Raging Tide
    BriarFoxy - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Wasn't there some mention of an alliance system? Try to ally with one (or more) stronger factions to defend your base.

Well here the BAD NEWS AGAIN, to make an alliance it wiil cost you 3,000,000 coin
    Rise to Become Mighty so on the Wings of the Leviathan We will Soar....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!" He took his vorpal sword in hand: Long time the manxome foe he sought -- So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought. And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came!--Poem part by: Lewis Carroll
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    And the alliance only lasts for 30 days, you probably have to pay another 3mil to renew.
  • Faeble - Heavens Tear
    Faeble - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Ok best i can come up with is When u get attacked parts of ur base may get destroyed and have to be built again but the way ur base goes bye bye is if ur faction is inactive and gets no con points sent to it.

Ya, the more I read over it the more it sounds this way. PWI should have a location with these details that they made PRIOR to the release rather then sending us to a Wiki site that anyone can edit and put false info on just to be a troll. -_-"
    I know PWI is wanting the cash, but come on, isn't that a bit too harsh to do.

>.> how about we make a compromise among us (players) that those top factions go play with each other or w/e we decide as an unofficial rule? b:laugh
    I'm pretty sure that all factions that can make a base will visit the forum.
    Just an idea, don't throw rocks on me b:thanks
    Edit: yay, 1st post xD

I'd be in favor of this idea b:chuckle as long as it kept to it.
    Though, over time I know someone would break it eventually :<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It was my fate from birth to make my mark upon this Earth.
    edited March 2011
    Well here's my 2.5 cent worth... Ya the quick Launch bars don't fit so I moved the short one over and just above the Log-out bar what ever it's called. Some of the new fashions are nice. I already found a glitch, but only on one character. Can't level my Sin's genie with EXP or Spirit, why only this character? And this Faction Base thing has got me Pissssed b:angry Wow I guess the small developing factions won't have a chance to get one with a price tag like that. It is utterly ridiculous, they just can't give us something without being over priced and favoring all the big factions. And if you go in for this rip off it can all be taken away if another faction declares war on you. Just form an alliance you say, well guess what, if you want to form an alliance with another faction for protection it will cost you 3,000,000 for each alliance never mind what the other faction will want for their protection service. I say... We ALL BOYCOTT THE FACTION BASES, heck stop buying anything until they start making some serious improvements and not just add on more expense. I'm not talking about an overhaul or adding on massive changes but fix the stuff that is already here. This faction Base should have been free to all level 3 factions with faction storage and banking system just for starters. I am really disappointed, can you tell. If QQ, Lev, Vertu, ect have got the BBBalllls to say Up yours PW stop Price gouging and start being fair to ALL the factions. Why should they care? Because what fun is it going to be when your top dog in the game and no one want to play because they have no chance to compete. They'll be sitting on top of the hill all by themselves and nobody will care about them. I for one am not going to dump any more cash into this game because of the way this has been heading for sometime now. Hellll I just might quit and go back to playing that other game now. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!" He took his vorpal sword in hand: Long time the manxome foe he sought -- So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought. And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came!--Poem part by: Lewis Carroll
    edited March 2011
    LISTEN UP

It costs 5 mil to bid, when a faction loses i'd guess their structures get destroyed and need repaired. And they drop materials that the other faction can steal.

I'm going out on a limb here and say in no way would it be worth it for a 'factor' faction to attack a 'non factor' faction to steal their base mats. It just wouldn't be worth the 5 mil. So put on a fresh pair of panties and enjoy your faction bases. Some content is meant for end game, and end game IS PVP.

When your stuff gets destroyed it gets repaired, and you can pay mats to repair it faster. Go play the game and come back to this tread after guild base mechanics are understood.

I see Your the new Leader of QQ??? So, why do you think this faction base addition is going to make the game better if you only get to play against yourself, what fun is there in that. PvP is cool but I happen to suck at it and don't even care. I'll keep trying if I even stay here. But my point here is that it is not even close to being a level playing field if your faction has such a great advantage over your opponents. Do what you want but you will not be playing with most of the players in the game if they see that they got no chance. I for one like to help other players, teach them all that I can even while I'm still learning the game myself. That's the kind of faction I want to run. What say You???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i noticed us raging tides poeple get the idea of guild bases

Back on subject...yeah it seems terrible that you can no denie the attack that and if you lose bye bye to base..really is depressing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I see Your the new Leader of QQ???

Man is a champion at QQing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
    edited March 2011
    Too lazy to read through 15 pages of a PWI forum thread. Has anything relevant about guild bases been posted? I'm going to assume no.

Now that we've **** the bases to shreds here, I'd like to here from some rich faction about all the great special stuff in and about the faction bases that we minions will never see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    No one knows yet, it's practically worthless until you level it up, and that takes time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Wah? boo hoo? it gets destroyed so? you just make it again I highly doubt that its just boom gone forever no returns no chances no nothing your over thinking things again. Sides once again I repeat way back when they said it just wouldn't be cost effective to attack a small factions base sure if you wanted to **** it well then you got punked it happens you choose to make a building they could knock over. Don't like it? Three little pigs say build it with brick next time instead of sticks and straw.

I hate that its the first day and you all have your panties in a bunch cause you can be attacked and you can't say no no no I don't wanna be attacked I ish carebear. Building the base is like switching white name on you wanna do it do it but don't **** and moan when you lose stuff. If you could deny it that would be so unbalanced its not even funny everyone would deny every attack and noone would ever get to fight anyone think on the opposite spectrum not just on the on we are going to die. If someone can be a **** chances are they someone is going to be one and denying all attacks from a guild would prevent it from growing as well and you could cut a guild off like that and thats the last thing you want people to do because eventually the tables will turn and it will happen on the people doing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dosris
    dosris Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Something is telling me that just maybe these prices were created specifically with the PWC Market in mind. Doesn't most of their economy suffer from inflation? Thats why they changed the TW pay to Mirages a while back, since it would essentially be the same payment but without actual money getting dumped into the servers: The mirages cost as much as the Regular TW payment would have so it compensated. And as such it conversely didn't work here, because our economies are a lot more balanced.

It would make sense if these are the same exact prices and values directly from the Chinese servers: They created these prices with those economies in mind, and now that it was directly switched to this version, well . . . yea it's not so nice to look at from our standpoint. What could be a few spare pieces of change for them and their inflated servers is a monstrous sum for us.
  • Shahiro - Dreamweaver
    Shahiro - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    If you could deny it that would be so unbalanced its not even funny everyone would deny every attack and noone would ever get to fight

Obviously, it would work like PVP mode where the people that choose to fight will fight. There are never a shortage of those people. Those that choose not to-- it's their prerogative. Each guild makes its own set of goals in a game (adds variety and fun to a game) PVP is not on everyone's immediate agenda. No one should be forced into decision.
    denying all attacks from a guild would prevent it from growing as well

To my understanding, a guild can still grow on its own without attacking. Yes, it'll take longer but the reality is there are other fish in the sea to **** over for mats. I'm just not seeing the pains of the "other side of the spectrum" as you say.
    I hate that its the first day and you all have your panties in a bunch cause you can be attacked and you can't say no no no I don't wanna be attacked I ish carebear. Building the base is like switching white name... well then you got punked it happens you choose to make a building they could knock over.

Stop being so apathetic. Everyone wants an equal slice of cake without having it eaten by some bully-- then going to the store to buy a whole new one to have it eaten again. Of course, people are going to express their disappointment over something like this. Otherwise, nothing would ever be resolved.
  • X_Castgurl_X - Dreamweaver
    X_Castgurl_X - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ...Okaaaay
    -cough- SO
    From what I have read (so far, sitting in class working on my good o' comic. Nearly done with the damn thing...woot)

I'm getting this (which I HOPE changes)

The bases can be destroyed, annnnd once they are, BOOP, start over which = more coin/time/omfgwtfboombahbuck to spend

The pvp faction base challenges from another one or what I would like to call it: Another way to get pverz to QQ and bo- blah blah blah...can't be declined (?) at all? Not even if half of the freaking faction strips? Or begs...erm yeah.

If you want to ally with ANYONE...you have to throw out 3mil? everytime? or every 29 days (from a post I read, correct me if I'm wrong)

The only thing good I see from this update is the interface and the new landscape...oh and the purty new mobs that FACKING VENOS LIKE MYSELF CANNOT TAME >.> HAAARRR HAR....
    I just see this, more ways to make money and throwing new not really well thought ideas into the table just so they can say "hey-hey here's a lil something new to keep yah SLIGHTY entertained for I dunno...a month once your lil seeker hits 100"

Good lawl, I don't mean to QQ people, sorry if I come across like that. I kinda like it and all...but man. They just don't really give a **** about the players. -_-

-Casty
    b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A Fantasy is something that one should enjoy.
    Although a Fantasy is harmless, it is only that in the eyes of the blind.
    Although a Fantasy is enjoyable, it can become repetivie and sickening to the mind and soul.
    When one gets sucked into a Fantasy, one day they wake up;
    They wake up and say...it's time to awaken from the Fantasy.
    - - - Woke up from this Fantasy on Oct. 2010 - - - b:bye
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The pvp faction base challenges from another one or what I would like to call it: Another way to get pverz to QQ and bo- blah blah blah...can't be declined (?) at all? Not even if half of the freaking faction strips? Or begs...erm yeah.

No, I watched in my chat as one of the factions we declared an attack on declined our attack. I was pretty surprised that they even had the option. And that they even declined because their sole purpose of merging/forming was to destroy our guild. Weak.
  • Shahiro - Dreamweaver
    Shahiro - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Huh-- ?! Decline option . . .? :O

*begins to ascend towards heaven*
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    No, I watched in my chat as one of the factions we declared an attack on declined our attack. I was pretty surprised that they even had the option. And that they even declined because their sole purpose of merging/forming was to destroy our guild. Weak.

So wait...can you decline or NOT, afterall ?

This would be big news and lift a rock off of many people's hearts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'm going out on a limb here and say in no way would it be worth it for a 'factor' faction to attack a 'non factor' faction to steal their base mats. It just wouldn't be worth the 5 mil.

Except that you can make multiple outgoing attacks.

200m is ... pretty much the total amount of resources my character has, having been playing for two years.

For the big merchanters it's like a tenth of their total coin on hand.

Are we seeing the problem here? Sure, some people can just rebuild their bases.

But - we need to know about declining an attack. If you can do that, then all the objections just go away.
    True "Yes, let's have a battle this saturday, that sounds fun" would be fine. I don't think anyone has a problem with that.
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I've been reading...reading some more yet I can't believe what I'm reading!! If this information is incorrect then please post the accurate information.

1. You can not decline a 40 vs 40 fight.
    That's fine for PvP servers...but PvE? PvE players shouldn't be forced into PvP just because they want a Guild Hall!!b:angry

2. The Guild Hall can be destroyed during the fight.
    Have the devs lost all senses?!?! The requirements for CREATING a Guild Hall are already pretty extreme (unless you're one of the top 5 guilds on your server)!!b:angry b:angry

So to sum things up on these first 2 aspects of a Guild Hall: everyone in the guild busts their butts gathering the coin & mats needed, another much stronger guild challenges in 40 vs 40, the Guild Hall tumbles...members get ticked and quit the game due to all the time and $$ wasted.

OK...so the answer is create an alliance...yea right!! An alliance requires a guild to be strong enough to be wanted as an ally first of all. Secondly, it costs 3mil to create one for 29 days...6mil to extend. That's fine for all the guilds with unlimited coin floating around, but not true for the smaller guilds that struggle to just gear members (or members to gear themselves...armors/weapons/pots/etc).

If this information is correct, #1 needs to change..y not have an option to be strictly PvE? OK...don't want to change that...then #2 needs to go!!

I am a member of a guild which has been gathering the coin and mats for about a month now. We've been working together in the excitement of a Guild Hall, yet still have a ways to go. The new feature gave us something to work for as a whole, but now looks like more like a waste of time and effort. Also note, some our members spent rl $$ to gain the things needed.

So PLEASE, don't let us down. The idea of having a Guild Hall isn't ridiculous, but the stipulations revolving around creating and then KEEPING one are.

b:angry I already feel let down after all the excitement, though this could change.
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Listen, your base or nothing important will be destroyed. You could possibly lose some construction materials, but i think those are designed to be a surplus anyways.

And ... the logic you should be able to refuse a fight doesn't make sense. Not in the real world or not even in game.

TW is the same and does not offend anyone's delicate sensibilities.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Topics have been merged here.
  • Assailer - Harshlands
    Assailer - Harshlands Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    maybe im thinkin outside teh box here, but my guess is..if you lose a fac war, im doubting your hundreds of million coin base is perm destroyed..maybe thats how u win in a fac war, similar to destroying the crystal in TW..i dunno we will know soon enough
    Ex Heavenly Marshal-- Ex Leader of Divinity--
    The Point of Battle is not die for your beliefs, But instead Slay the enemy for theirs.~

The mere fact that I am attacking, intices the enemy to believe I am stronger than They~

Pkin Pkers is fun, and rewarding b:laugh
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    And ... the logic you should be able to refuse a fight doesn't make sense. Not in the real world or not even in game.

of course it makes sense. that's why i rolled on a PvE server to begin with. if i'd wanted to be unable to decline PvP fights, i always knew where to find lost city or harshlands.
    TW is the same and does not offend anyone's delicate sensibilities.

oh, hey, whaddayaknow? some people decline to TW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • shadesofgraey
    shadesofgraey Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Lets not jump to conclusions just because of what it says on pwi wiki or whatever. It can be inteprated in different ways and could be wrong anyway.
    e.g.

"4. Decommission
    Faction Base structures can be destroyed in faction base battles. If the Health of your faction base reaches zero, it will be decommissioned. "
    - Oh no whats this? looks like our guild bases will get destroyed in tws, how worthless, what a waste of coin q.q.q.q.q.q

But oh wait, look what comes next...

"1. Defensive structures can fire at the attackers, and can also be attacked.
    2. Once a structure is destroyed by the attackers, materials will be dropped. Those materials will bind to the player who picks them up."

You think your vault or alchemy labs will be fireing at the enemy players and getting blown up?
    I doub't it very much. To me this reads like you will have defencive structures in your base akin to towers in tw. There will be some kind of defencive weapons in each part of your base and it is these structures that get destroyed and can then probly be rebuilt with a few cheap mats. I highly doubt the functionality of your base sections will be impaired due to tws.

That's how i interperate it as any other conclusion would be idiological, even pwe isn't dumb enough to ** it's player base over that bad... right? Well err... maybe... b:surrender

But anyway, this can be taken several different ways so don't jump to the worst conclusion. But don't waste your money either. Wait and see what happens and how things go for the big guilds that make the bases. Then you'll know what these 40x40 tws really involve and if it's possible to lose your base.
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You can decline war:-

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/4522/20110302204950.jpg

(from LC forum)
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • fiercerage
    fiercerage Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    of course it makes sense. that's why i rolled on a PvE server to begin with. if i'd wanted to be unable to decline PvP fights, i always knew where to find lost city or harshlands.

oh, hey, whaddayaknow? some people decline to TW.

Then you can decline to make a guild base. b:bye
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Topics have been merged here.

geee thanx...I created the topic separate for the POLL!!

would've shown how many really want the change

btw the poll showed 6vs1 in favor of choice to PvP vs forced b4 it was merged as u can see here
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    fiercerage wrote: »
    Then you can decline to make a guild base. b:bye

and if PWE had been clearer about this from the start --- that guild bases would be akin to participating in TW --- then nobody would have been getting their hopes up falsely for all these months, giving cause for all this QQing.

i know, i know, they love to spring their damn little surprises at us, but not all surprises are good things. at least half of this whining is all because they didn't communicate with us effectively.

or, then again... if that "declined war" screenshot from that lost city guild turns out to not just be the game client's mistranslated way of telling a guild "you got outbid / we randomly picked another bidder for this fight", but actually reflects a real option of declining to fight an attacker... THEN all this QQing has been pointless because premature and mistaken. that'd be very, very cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
This discussion has been closed.