Faction Bases: Tell me this is a joke...wth

Options

Comments

• Faeble - Heavens Tear
    Faeble - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

Useless. The gears here are about the equivalent of tier 1 nirvana at 100x the cost. There are 2 helms (arcane and normal) that are equal to tier 2 nirvana in power. The cost? 960mil. So this allows you to pay more for nirvana gears.

From what I've seen so far, mediocre at best. Level 10 buffs from a cleric/barb/whatever are more powerful.

More than likely everyone (except, ironically, the top guilds) will have at least 10 bids on them, most of which by mid level guilds equal or similar to in strength.

I agree, the 7 day weapon/armour is **** stuff

However, how about a place to call home?
    Hold meetings?
    Hang out?
    Games/Events
    A place for Fac Bank to stay?
    that way casual non PvP players have their base where they can meet and relax, and Hardcore players have something otehrs dont as prize for their efforts.
    +1

Sure these aren't what it's DESIGNED for but that doesn't mean we can't use it for that. Nice, not so laggy place where the group can be and meet up vs fighting to find each other in lagsalot-arch.

And the other two wings seem to be designed to help level the base... so you can get more useless stuff. The only interesting factor of guild bases is the PvP.

And the quests from what I read were supposed to give good EXP to members as a daily thing they could do. That is one reason I wanted the base,more dailies (Got married for more dailies too -- thats the ONLY reason I got married, I didn't need a silly title to tell me who my best friend in the game was)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It was my fate from birth to make my mark upon this Earth.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm honestly a bit disappointed after having read the wiki article. I was already skeptical pre-expansion that it might be lost in TW (not base battle) if we lost a land after winning our PvE TW.. Now it seems to be pretty much confirmed that there's an even greater chance that the base will be lost and the money gone to waste. I'm not sure now if the people who were ready to donate 10-50 mil for the base will even consider doing such now that this has been unveiled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Nael - Dreamweaver
    Nael - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    sig1043a wrote: »
    Realistic? Its a medieval china-based fantasy mmo where characters fly on manta rays and butterfly wings and the game is set to release a....motorcycle....as a mount and you are talking about realistic?

Where did I even mention mounts and flyers? Don't take my post out of context.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    No one even knows how much damage one guild can do yet.

Yet they all make it out as if one guild were to ever attack them and they lose the war they instantly lose everything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • sig1043a
    sig1043a Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Where did I even mention mounts and flyers? Don't take my post out of context.

I never said you talked about mounts or flying. I am saying that arguing for realism in an unrealistic game makes no sense.

But if you want further proof I give you duels. Declining is an option and has nothing to do with realism.
  • SeaCrit_Sin - Harshlands
    SeaCrit_Sin - Harshlands Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I personally hope the damage one guild can do to another guild's base is enough to destroy it. It would be so much fun to completely wipe out all that hard work. b:dirty

Rank 9 FTMFW b:kiss
  • Xtvo - Dreamweaver
    Xtvo - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I have to say, I agree with all of the complaints in this thread. I was somewhat excited for faction bases but it turns out they're PvP-required? Come on. I could understand if it was required on PvP servers, but PvE servers? Most people who play on PvE servers do so because they don't want want to PvP.

The point is that a lot of factions want a base but don't want to PvP. Can't we just have a base without the chance of being attacked or having the base destroyed? Is that so much to ask?
  • Canisha - Heavens Tear
    Canisha - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    It's business,pw hopes that players will keep charging zhen to rebuild faction base obliteration after obliteration,if you read the forums beforehand you should already have known it was going to be like this.

Oh but get ready for the counter argument,if you can't defend your base you don't deserve any perks from the expansion.

My faction is on a PVE server. Why should we be forced into PVP just because we have a faction? That's asinine.
  • Shifong - Heavens Tear
    Shifong - Heavens Tear Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm pretty sure PWE would want to change it so that pve guilds can stay out of PvP, because it means more income for them if they involve more people (guild bases are money sinks). But the chinese players are different then us, and it's only the chinese players that the developers listen to sadly. PWE can't change a thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retsuko - Shifong
    Karmapwi.com
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

Yet they all make it out as if one guild were to ever attack them and they lose the war they instantly lose everything.

I agree ppl r reacting before they even know what is going on its kinda funny tbh b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shahiro - Dreamweaver
    Shahiro - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Well, I definitely hope we receive more info about the guild bases and its war features. Seems to me like we're going off the Wiki page, which I heard is outdated. If everything on the page is true, and this thread is a reflection of the consensus of all players-- then it means that a lot of players are going to be unhappy and rage (especially when we start to see the effects). So, when that happens I hope to see some actions being made to change it.
  • sig1043a
    edited March 2011
    Options
    More than likely everyone (except, ironically, the top guilds) will have at least 10 bids on them, most of which by mid level guilds equal or similar to in strength.

I think you are are on some interesting drugs if you honestly think there will be that many guild bases given the forced PVP aspect. What mid level factions are going to dish out more than 5 million a week on guild base wars? It makes no sense to pay 5 million to try and fight another faction if there are already multiple bids. Even a 50% chance may not be worth 5 million.

And again, what mid level factions would bother dishing out 200-400m for a base that is at the mercy of the top factions? Even if it can't be destroyed in one battle, it would seem your supplies are still ransacked. No one wants to farm the mats only to have stronger factions steal them whenever they please.

But you are right, this is only for the limited end-game factions. The ones you regularly see taking over an entire TW map. I can only assume that the participation will be equally as limited. In addition, there seems to be nothing stopping one dominant faction from purposely destroying other guild bases for no other reason than "because they can".
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    sig1043a wrote: »
    I think you are are on some interesting drugs if you honestly think there will be that many guild bases given the forced PVP aspect. What mid level factions are going to dish out more than 5 million a week on guild base wars? It makes no sense to pay 5 million to try and fight another faction if there are already multiple bids. Even a 50% chance may not be worth 5 million.

And again, what mid level factions would bother dishing out 200-400m for a base that is at the mercy of the top factions? Even if it can't be destroyed in one battle, it would seem your supplies are still ransacked. No one wants to farm the mats only to have stronger factions steal them whenever they please.

But you are right, this is only for the limited end-game factions. The ones you regularly see taking over an entire TW map. I can only assume that the participation will be equally as limited. In addition, there seems to be nothing stopping one dominant faction from purposely destroying other guild bases for no other reason than "because they can".
    The reason those guilds take over the map is because of people like you who sit around complaining instead of actually doing something about it.

No one wants to farm the mats only to have stronger factions steal them whenever they please.

Except they cant, it's RANDOM.

The entire idea is that the more guilds making bases the more impossible it becomes for one guild to destroy your base.

Lets say there is one big guild and twenty weaker guilds all with bases. The big guild a bunch of them at random and gets one war. This means your guild has a 5% chance of having to fight against them.

And I suspect that it would take AT LEAST (and this is with an inactive guild) 10 consecutive losses to have your bases HP reduced to zero.

Now, roll a dice with 20 sides. Say your guild getting attacked by the large faction is 5.

Do you know what the odds of rolling a 5 ten times consecutively is? Very, very low.

So please, stop QQing until you at least now how much damage a guild will be able to do in the span of one war.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Faeble - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    Options

I'm saying that I don't want ANYTHING to do with TW at all, I don't want to EVER be attacked or attack another. Which fact is. If you have base: sooner or later you get attacked.

When I mentioned enrage & others it was an example of guilds who we stand no chance against.

No chance = Can't defend = Destroyed.
    I agree ppl r reacting before they even know what is going on its kinda funny tbh
    This started out as a thread where I was requesting more info / clarification on what is really going on here, not a QQ thread even thought It kinda turned to it. I really was hoping someone would have in stone facts to give to either say Yes 100% true or 100% false.

This:
    During the declaration stage, multiple factions can attack one faction at the same time. When this stage ends (23:00, Mon and Wed), the system will randomly pick one faction as the attacker. They rest will not have the chance to attack and their paid fee will not be returned.

Means if 2 attack 1. Only 1 can attack the 1. So between the TWO only ONE is picked (if there are 3, then its a 33% chance your fac will fight if you are the attacker) -_- not that ALL of it is random. Only if there are multi facs bidding on one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide
    Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If having a level 3 faction means u can be attacked, than start a level 2 faction.
    i know it was a waist of coins but it is a safe way.
    and if u have more members than level 2 can hold, make another one.
    simple as that.
    when the game changes , than so do we.
    overcome, adapt, improvise
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The many sides of a Venomancerb:victory
  • SeaCrit_Sin - Harshlands
    SeaCrit_Sin - Harshlands Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm saying that I don't want ANYTHING to do with TW at all, I don't want to EVER be attacked or attack another. Which fact is. If you have base: sooner or later you get attacked.

When I mentioned enrage & others it was an example of guilds who we stand no chance against.

Don't worry about it. Guild bases are for top factions and don't concern you.

b:bye

(p.s. If you don't like it, take it up with the devs in China, I'm sure they are open to your suggestions...)
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

fac base requires lv3 faction

what pwi expects from a lv3 faction:
    - over 150 active pple -you upgrade cause u dont have room. Its not pwi's fault if u cant clean up your own room full of extra dust.
    - work together with that active bunch to scrounge up the mats for base
    - work together with that active bunch to gain contribution points.

From reading the wiki it seems that the faction base dies only when your base health dies off (aka no one donating contribution points) I doubt just base fighting will kill the base off. It might take a chunk of health off and you might have to donate a bit again to keep it up, but i dont think pwi would decrease the health off so much that a active lv3 faction will loose their base just by being attacked everytime.

If you do then you probably got a base when you could not handle it. Its like getting a huge house with a big debt, and you end up not having the income to able to pay it off and loose everything. pple must plan ahead and plan accordingly, not just on their wants.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Faeble - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If having a level 3 faction means u can be attacked, than start a level 2 faction.
    i know it was a waist of coins but it is a safe way.
    and if u have more members than level 2 can hold, make another one.
    simple as that.
    when the game changes , than so do we.
    overcome, adapt, improvise

We're already 3. And its only lvl 3 faction with base. atm we don't have one
    Don't worry about it. Guild bases are for top factions and don't concern you. b:bye

Wow.... that's pretty low. Trying to tell me I'm not good enough for a faction base? Or that my faction, even though we work to help each other, doesn't deserve a place to call home? Thank you, your highness, for shedding that bright ray of sunshine upon me.
    fac base requires lv3 faction

what pwi expects from a lv3 faction:
    - over 150 active pple -you upgrade cause u dont have room. Its not pwi's fault if u cant clean up your own room full of extra dust.
    - work together with that active bunch to scrounge up the mats for base
    - work together with that active bunch to gain contribution points.

From reading the wiki it seems that the faction base dies only when your base health dies off (aka no one donating contribution points) I doubt just base fighting will kill the base off. It might take a chunk of health off and you might have to donate a bit again to keep it up, but i dont think pwi would decrease the health off so much that a active lv3 faction will loose their base just by being attacked everytime.

If you do then you probably got a base when you could not handle it. Its like getting a huge house with a big debt, and you end up not having the income to able to pay it off and loose everything. pple must plan ahead and plan accordingly, not just on their wants.

Ty, that was what I was looking for, whether or not health was related to the war or just to activeness inside the faction. Now I just have to figure out which is the truth.

As for the 'dust' I was talking about people who say they are coming back but are going on vacation / don't get on as often due to school. Theyre still members and still play and as long as they give a going away notice we won't kick them due to inactiveness during the vacation/troubles/etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    No one will no until these fights actually happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sig1043a
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The reason those guilds take over the map is because of people like you who sit around complaining instead of actually doing something about it.

Yeah...thats the reason...it has nothing to do with the fact that I am on a PvE server hence have no real interest in PvP...yeah nothing to do with that...absolutely nothing...yep, you're right....how could I ever have doubted you...I have been proven wrong yet again...if you are still reading this, maybe you have picked up on my sarcasm?

Only in your special make-believe world. Keep on glossing over the fact that the only random part is IF there are multiple bids against you. Even then its more than likely that all the bids against you are by stronger factions. Derp! Not so random if any of the factions that bid against you can beat you, now is it?

So please stop even referring to it as random since the chances that your base would be targeted by weaker factions are slim to none.

The idea that the smaller factions are somehow going to work together to prevent a dominant faction from destroying all is ludicrous. The same theory could prevent a dominant faction from taking over the TW map by trying to exhaust it with the maximum number of battles a week. Chances are that it would loose one territory at least and therefore stalemate its land acquisition. But the reality is that there isn't that level of cooperation.

All signs point to this just being another form of TW, yet more expensive with a bigger entrance fee and bigger penalties for loosing. As such, I can't see casual or mid level factions bothering to participate. Much like in TW. Hence why most people are dissapointed by it.
    edited March 2011
    Options
    No one will no until these fights actually happen.
    what we do know is that if they give absolutely outrageous penalties for just being attacked, after the initial payment of building a base, PWE will most likely get as much complaints as they did when they turned TW to a mirage fest.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yeah...thats the reason...it has nothing to do with the fact that I am on a PvE server hence have no real interest in PvP...yeah nothing to do with that...absolutely nothing...yep, you're right....how could I ever have doubted you...I have been proven wrong yet again...if you are still reading this, maybe you have picked up on my sarcasm?

If you have no interest in PvP then why does the TW map bother you?
    Only in your special make-believe world. Keep on glossing over the fact that the only random part is IF there are multiple bids against you. Even then its more than likely that all the bids against you are by stronger factions. Derp! Not so random if any of the factions that bid against you can beat you, now is it?

So please stop even referring to it as random since the chances that your base would be targeted by weaker factions are slim to none.

The idea that the smaller factions are somehow going to work together to prevent a dominant faction from destroying all is ludicrous. The same theory could prevent a dominant faction from taking over the TW map by trying to exhaust it with the maximum number of battles a week. Chances are that it would loose one territory at least and therefore stalemate its land acquisition. But the reality is that there isn't that level of cooperation.

All signs point to this just being another form of TW, yet more expensive with a bigger entrance fee and bigger penalties for loosing. As such, I can't see casual or mid level factions bothering to participate. Much like in TW. Hence why most people are dissapointed by it.

Ok fine, I'll tell you what you want to hear.

The strongest guild on your server WILL attack you. And if you EVER lose a fight, ever, even once. Then your base is immediately destroyed and your faction is disbanded and your guild leader gets banned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ok fine, I'll tell you what you want to hear.

The strongest guild on your server WILL attack you. And if you EVER lose a fight, ever, even once. Then your base is immediately destroyed and your faction is disbanded and your guild leader gets banned.
    lmfao
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You know Rwargh, you might have a bit more credibility if you... weren't in such a strong faction yourself. The game isn't all composed of hardcore elites like you, who don't have to worry about losing a guild base, cuz there's simply nobody strong enough who could take it from you & yur top level friends. The guild base was a well-advertised 'New Feature!' of the expansion. Nothin in there sayin that its designed to only be obtainable for maybe top 1, 2, maybe 3 factions. I mean, are you f'in serious? Who in their right minds rounds up 200mil coins, plus all that other **** you need, and then watches it all... go... away. But wait, you can spend 200mil again!---and watch it all... go... away. The simple possibility that this can happen limits this great new feature to only a few elite; thus, its a pretty damn useless feature. Which, unless we learn otherwise later on, means PW screwed up majorly here. Since the potential for losing the guild base is so high, none of the mid-level factions with more than 2 ounces for a brain are gonna cough up the money to build a base. *That means* they aren't spending as much money, which *probably means* they aren't spending as much zhen. Which in turn means, PW makes less money. Stupid! How can you even pretend to play the devil's advocate here? From the current information we have, there's simply no way this system is a good thing for many of the PLAYERS or for PWI.

Azzazin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    what we do know is that if they give absolutely outrageous penalties for just being attacked, after the initial payment of building a base, PWE will most likely get as much complaints as they did when they turned TW to a mirage fest.

and we know how carefully PWE listens to complaints --- after all, the QQing over TW mirages had them reverting that mistake the very next week. oh, wait...

rawrgh: the complaints over guild bases is that they appear to be a bonus that ONLY PvP factions get to enjoy. it truly doesn't matter how easy or hard it is to have one's guild base wrecked, how many or few lost battles it takes --- it matters that YOU HAVE TO FIGHT. at all. some of us smaller guilds out here, we get applicants asking us questions like "you're not a TW guild are you? because i don't want to PvP, like, ever". and we had members looking forward to guild bases as something nice we might want to get into, an interesting bonus for being in an active friendly guild that could cooperate to raise the coin --- now it's like we're being insulted for having rolled on a PvE server just because we didn't want to fight other players. well, WTF's the PvE servers for then?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Faeble - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Lol -_-

topic getting a bit out of hand

Again, remember, this was a question thread about IF those were the penalties and if health was related to war. I can deal with mats being taken. We will just not show up to fight if that is the case. Boring? Sure, but we aren't in it for the PvP aspect. We want the base for the base part. If I wanted PvP full time I would be on Lost City full time, but I'm not, cause I don't.

I was looking for clarification for if it was tied to it or not. Due to the two being mentioned in the same section one after another, it confused me between which way it could go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You... don't.... know.

For all you know the most is that you can lose one days worth of everyone in the guild doing the daily quests offered there.

So stop QQing until we can see the results of a guild base attack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Lol -_-

topic getting a bit out of hand

Again, remember, this was a question thread about IF those were the penalties and if health was related to war. I can deal with mats being taken. We will just not show up to fight if that is the case. Boring? Sure, but we aren't in it for the PvP aspect. We want the base for the base part. If I wanted PvP full time I would be on Lost City full time, but I'm not, cause I don't.

I was looking for clarification for if it was tied to it or not. Due to the two being mentioned in the same section one after another, it confused me between which way it could go.

Ok best i can come up with is When u get attacked parts of ur base may get destroyed and have to be built again but the way ur base goes bye bye is if ur faction is inactive and gets no con points sent to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonMio - Heavens Tear
    MoonMio - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    >.> how about we make a compromise among us (players) that those top factions go play with each other or w/e we decide as an unofficial rule? b:laugh
    I'm pretty sure that all factions that can make a base will visit the forum.
    Just an idea, don't throw rocks on me b:thanks
    Edit: yay, 1st post xD
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    LISTEN UP

It costs 5 mil to bid, when a faction loses i'd guess their structures get destroyed and need repaired. And they drop materials that the other faction can steal.

I'm going out on a limb here and say in no way would it be worth it for a 'factor' faction to attack a 'non factor' faction to steal their base mats. It just wouldn't be worth the 5 mil. So put on a fresh pair of panties and enjoy your faction bases. Some content is meant for end game, and end game IS PVP.

When your stuff gets destroyed it gets repaired, and you can pay mats to repair it faster. Go play the game and come back to this tread after guild base mechanics are understood.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.