Faction Bases: Tell me this is a joke...wth

Comments

• Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Lets not jump to conclusions just because of what it says on pwi wiki or whatever. It can be inteprated in different ways and could be wrong anyway.

But anyway, this can be taken several different ways so don't jump to the worst conclusion. But don't waste your money either. Wait and see what happens and how things go for the big guilds that make the bases. Then you'll know what these 40x40 tws really involve and if it's possible to lose your base.
    if that "declined war" screenshot from that lost city guild turns out to not just be the game client's mistranslated way of telling a guild "you got outbid / we randomly picked another bidder for this fight", but actually reflects a real option of declining to fight an attacker... THEN all this QQing has been pointless because premature and mistaken. that'd be very, very cool.

I blame PWI for the rumors since they could've just gave some real information rather than let em fly.
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide
    Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Conditions to Declare Battle
    1. Only the Faction Leader or Vice-leader can declare a battle.
    2. Battle declarations must be made in designated time period.
    3. The attacking faction and the defending faction must both have a base.
    4. The attacking faction must have their base Health above 0.
    5. The attacker will have to pay 5,000,000 coins.
    6. One Faction can declare war on multiple factions' bases at the same time.
    7. Once the declaration is made, it takes effect immediately. Can not be cancelled or changed, but can be declined. http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/4522/20110302204950.jpg

You can declare battle on any faction who owns a base.

During the declaration stage, multiple factions can attack one faction at the same time. When this stage ends (23:00, Mon and Wed), the system will randomly pick one faction as the attacker. They rest will not have the chance to attack and their paid fee will not be returned.

Defenders cannot prevent an attack. Once a battle is declared, they have to prepare for it and enter the battle the next day.

please read up on something before complaining about it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The many sides of a Venomancerb:victory
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited March 2011

lolz I've been up all night discussing this and READING everything...sorry ur l8 in the discussion and felt the need to compile everything then make a stupid statement like that at the end

duh..but ty for compiling

btw I've been asking for the actual info on this all night as well...any info on the base destruction during 40vs40 rumor?
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I blame PWI for the rumors since they could've just gave some real information rather than let em fly.

U know PWI has never reali given out much info on the game they have let the players figure things out for themselves i think frankie even says that is something they r proud of.

So plz plz everyone grab ur panties and get them outta the bunch they r in an chill god forums r annoying after new content is added
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Storm_Tide - Harshlands
    Storm_Tide - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Oh and heres another thing someone brought up in fac

What about the top guild (Enrage)
    Saying "Want to keep your base? Pay us not to attack you"

You cant prevent that.

It has already begun.

for f***'s sake. any guild who doesn't want to get attacked by enrage (in base wars). send me 100 mil and i'll guarantee that your guild doesn't get attacked in that week.

note the highlighted text: "THAT WEEK" There is going to be an ongoing weekly r@ping of smaller factions by the larger ones.
    What's the point of having a rapier wit if I can't use it to stab people? b:sin
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Conditions to Declare Battle
    1. Only the Faction Leader or Vice-leader can declare a battle.
    2. Battle declarations must be made in designated time period.
    3. The attacking faction and the defending faction must both have a base.
    4. The attacking faction must have their base Health above 0.
    5. The attacker will have to pay 5,000,000 coins.
    6. One Faction can declare war on multiple factions' bases at the same time.
    7. Once the declaration is made, it takes effect immediately. Can not be cancelled or changed, but can be declined. http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/4522/20110302204950.jpg
    You can declare battle on any faction who owns a base.

During the declaration stage, multiple factions can attack one faction at the same time. When this stage ends (23:00, Mon and Wed), the system will randomly pick one faction as the attacker. They rest will not have the chance to attack and their paid fee will not be returned.

Defenders cannot prevent an attack. Once a battle is declared, they have to prepare for it and enter the battle the next day.

Ok this is REALLY helpful, and yet confusing the hell out of me. lol Those two parts i put in Lime. Plus the pic. Obviously you CAN decline a guild War. But did you just completely contradict that in your second highlighted part????
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ... but can be declined. http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/4522/20110302204950.jpg

could you clarify this for me?

declarations can be declined but defenders cannot prevent an atk? sounds contradictory to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    LOL um i jujst said that Mara rofl
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Ok - so far in this thread we've seen:
    1. A screenshot of chat text saying someone declined a war.
    2. Text from the wiki from a mod saying that it cannot be.

They can't both be true. Anyone know for actual and certain how it works?

Surely there's been time enough for word to have leaked out from the Chinese servers?

(Also - everywhere I've said 200m? I forgot the medals. 500m.)
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    eh? 500 mil for what
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Ok this is REALLY helpful, and yet confusing the hell out of me. lol Those two parts i put in Lime. Plus the pic. Obviously you CAN decline a guild War. But did you just completely contradict that in your second highlighted part????

actually, we DON'T know that guild (base) wars can be declined.

we know that one guild ended up with a system-looking message in their guild chat that said such-and-such faction declined your attack. we don't, technically, know what caused that yet.

the obvious cause would be if the attacked faction's leader had clicked "no thanks" on a dialog box saying "do you want to be attacked by this-and-that faction". but there's lots of things in this game that are far from obvious; this message could be mistranslated or just plain confused. might be that two factions had bid on the "declining" one, and this screenshot came from the one that didn't get to fight. we don't know for sure, yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    It said declined your WAR..... u can't decline a TW so what else would it be? lol But that second part just totally contradicts it rofl
  • Thraxx - Heavens Tear
    Thraxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    would be nice for a dev or gm to respond to this... x.x
    My alarm tried to wake me this morning,Things escalated and now my alarms broken and im awake. . . Not quite sure who won . . . .
  • HealingBliss - Lost City
    HealingBliss - Lost City Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    This was posted in lost city forums, they can be declined.
    http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/4522/20110302204950.jpg
    Shhh don't troll, it's yulk bait.
  • Riverwalker - Sanctuary
    Riverwalker - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I doubt it will be very easy to reduce a guild base's HP to 0.

I'm sure if a guild is able to even put up a feeble attempt to defend their base they should be able to keep it around, might be very, very slow to level, but they won't lose it.

A feeble attempt to defend the base? A TW faction sends 40 of its lvl 100+ players, with gear most of us only dream about, out to raid the base of a faction that has around 20 lvl 90+ players.... it will be a massacre. Unless just showing up to be killed will count?

PWI has been less than forthcoming with information, left lots open to speculation and until we know how this guild base works and know that TW factions won't come in and destroy us and wipe out our base, I think we will keep our coin/mats/money in our own pockets.

We need some answers before we build the base and I haven't been able to find them any where.

1. How do you keep the base "HP" up? Be more specific in what is involved. For instance what type of quests/materials etc must be supplied. Must it all be done in squads?
    2. How often can you be attacked and how much advance notice do you get?
    3. How do you defend your base?
    4. What materials are raided if you lose the battle?
    5. What materials are required to rebuild the base?
    6. If a base is "decomissioned" do you have to start over from step one to acquiring a base again?
    7. Is it true that you can "buy" allies??? If so, then any faction with coin will be able to stay open and the rest of them will inevitably be harassed to death?
    Don't tell me get a life! Honey, I'm a gamer, I've got lots of them! b:victory
  • sig1043a
    sig1043a Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I do hope the image posted is proof that factions have the option to decline a war. But there still is the potential that the image is just a goofy description due to translation errors.

Would be nice if the leader of Vengeful could verify if the GMs will not.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    A feeble attempt to defend the base? A TW faction sends 40 of its lvl 100+ players, with gear most of us only dream about, out to raid the base of a faction that has around 20 lvl 90+ players.... it will be a massacre. Unless just showing up to be killed will count?

#1. So what if you get killed a lot, your base wont be destroyed.

#2. It says the guild needs to be active, if you don't have 40 members that can go to the war then you aren't active.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    sig1043a wrote: »
    I do hope the image posted is proof that factions have the option to decline a war. But there still is the potential that the image is just a goofy description due to translation errors.

Would be nice if the leader of Vengeful could verify if the GMs will not.

if this is true

one problem that will come with being able to decline is that a faction can then pick and choose their battles which could get out of hand. bigger factions likely wont do as much attacking factions bigger then them but slightly smaller where they know they will have a better chance of winning. but then the smaller factions will know they have a good chance of loosing and will just decline.

why cant they just put in a pk mode type thing. u put ur base in pk mode for 1 week. you can now atk others but others can atk you. ocne out of pk mode you cant be atked or atk anyone.

this has probably be suggested but i'm not reading 20 pages.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited March 2011

i can assure you... the majority of large factions/tw factions will not touch lower factions -- b:surrender we do have some dignity left

(territory map is a different story)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You can not decline a base war, you can decline a declaration of war, they arent contradictory because they are two different things.

declaring a faction is an enemy faction is something that effects open map PK, pretty much when you see someone in an enemy faction, they will have an extra icon next to their name, like an ingame function for faction based KOS list, this is completely unrelated to bases.

we will know for sure after the first base wars, but, in all likelyhood losing a base war will not result in your base being destroyed, that wouldnt make any sense, you lose your base if you dont keep your faction active with base activities (i.e. donating mats and contribution)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    lol you're not on Heaven's Tear. From everything I've ever seen (down to the leader having the ENTIRE faction spam me pm's saying "pat pat" for an hour cause i asked HIM why he's griefing people going INTO the cube, was he really that bored?), Enrage has no dignity lol..... >.>

But I'll say this again, that's one pretty damn screwed up translation if that doesn't mean in that pic u can decline a guild war..... I mean it says you can declline the War... what the hell else would it refer to? lol Cant' be TW since you can't decline that. Read what the people say after that too and read between the lines, pretty obvious it's for this...
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    Sasha you play on the CN server or did you just pull that out of nowhere? dont' the base attacks take place one day after the bids or whatever? I find it hard to believe the devs here would even be bothered to put in a extra icon for a whole day lol. And open map PK? I get what you're saying.... but kinda hard to pk blue names on a PvE server lol

It's probably more like you declare war on the other guild, they accept or decline it. then a day later the battle happens. Now a second guild could declare on the defenders... if they're not declined as well then the game would pick your guild or the other randomly (from what's been said) as to who would go in the battle (war, fight w/e).

Ugh i dbl posted again..... rofl >.<
  • sig1043a
    sig1043a Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    if this is true

one problem that will come with being able to decline is that a faction can then pick and choose their battles which could get out of hand. bigger factions likely wont do as much attacking factions bigger then them but slightly smaller where they know they will have a better chance of winning. but then the smaller factions will know they have a good chance of loosing and will just decline.

why cant they just put in a pk mode type thing. u put ur base in pk mode for 1 week. you can now atk others but others can atk you. ocne out of pk mode you cant be atked or atk anyone.

this has probably be suggested but i'm not reading 20 pages.

That is a valid point. It would make sense to have the pk-enabled timeframe. But at the same time, being able to decline without being pk-flagged would allow factions to organize wars against fair opponents, primarily for the fun of it rather than for supply pillaging.

Maybe a combination of both would be nice. Allow pk-enabled for a higher drop rate of base supplies. And non-pk for lower/no drop rates and 'just for fun' type of battles. Similar to the way PvE servers are setup. Duels for fun and pk enabled time limits for those who choose to participate.

But from the sounds of it, we either have the ability to decline or its pk-enabled all the time. Nothing so far suggests there is anything in between.
    edited March 2011
    I got it from there being two different systems.

all the PW CN servers are PK, like lost city and harshlands
    the guild diplomacy system (which is the system where you can decline war) is not really all that useful for PVE servers. the diplomancy system allows you to declare war or ally with another faction, and when you pay to declare war or allegiance with another faction that status lasts for 30 days, again, completely unrelated to base wars.

there has been a lot of miscommunication, which leads to misunderstanding. Logically it wouldnt make any sense to have a 5M coin bid on a faction base unrefundable, if the defending faction could just say no thanks, and have the declaring faction lose 5m.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    sig1043a wrote: »
    That is a valid point. It would make sense to have the pk-enabled timeframe. But at the same time, being able to decline without being pk-flagged would allow factions to organize wars against fair opponents, primarily for the fun of it rather than for supply pillaging.

Maybe a combination of both would be nice. Allow pk-enabled for a higher drop rate of base supplies. And non-pk for lower/no drop rates and 'just for fun' type of battles. Similar to the way PvE servers are setup. Duels for fun and pk enabled time limits for those who choose to participate.

But from the sounds of it, we either have the ability to decline or its pk-enabled all the time. Nothing so far suggests there is anything in between.

I like that too. faction duels. declare a wars with the aggreement that no materials would change hands you would just fight for fun. that would be great.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    ok well that makes more sense and wow ya this blows then.... my faction MIGHT'VE eventually gathered up all the mats and w/e to make a base. Keep in mind we're almost full on people, but 10 are banks and alot are alts lol.... i can't remember, i counted a month ago... i think we only really have like 80 people. And RARELY do we have more then 20 on at a time (in a full 24 hours time span).

This would've been nice as a place to hang out, get extra quests for exp.... but we're DAMN well not going to gather all this **** and risk losing it all cause we get facerolled by R9's and the like who could care less that MOST (and i mean like 80-90%) of the people on PvE servers not only don't care for TW, but could care less about PK so much they dont' even like to DUEL (me included), and unlike these RICH top factions like enrage, these mats are ALOT of time and $ to players like US..... even if our actual tiny faction .. half the players have a toon in the 90 (even got a few 100's).

meh... back to game, got new quests to clear...
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Sasha you play on the CN server or did you just pull that out of nowhere? dont' the base attacks take place one day after the bids or whatever? I find it hard to believe the devs here would even be bothered to put in a extra icon for a whole day lol. And open map PK? I get what you're saying.... but kinda hard to pk blue names on a PvE server lol

It's probably more like you declare war on the other guild, they accept or decline it. then a day later the battle happens. Now a second guild could declare on the defenders... if they're not declined as well then the game would pick your guild or the other randomly (from what's been said) as to who would go in the battle (war, fight w/e).

Ugh i dbl posted again..... rofl >.<
    There's really nothing to gain from successfully defending a guild base war, except I suppose not having to repair defensive structures. If that were the case then every single guild would just decline.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
    edited March 2011
    more stuff that we dont know but will after the first base war (which probably wont be tonight since no faction members of any faction could have 1000 merit yet). I've already said that in all likely hood the idea that bases will be or can be destroyed in a base war is a miscommunication/misunderstanding, since making something that costs so much destroyable in 1 base war would stop any faction from rebuilding their destroyed base, just for it to happed again.

second, larger more active factions are more likely to bid on larger more active factions since base defense structures drop material for improving your own base, and larger more active factions will be able to build more of these structures. Its going to cost a faction 5M to attack another base, and going after a small factions base with little defensive structures build will likely prove to be a losing proposition, enrage, dominus, rad and gold diggers will all be attacking eachother, because they will get the most out of a victory, and a fun fight in doing it, going after a small faction wont be worth the time effort or money. (probably)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    since making something that costs so much destroyable in 1 base war would stop any faction from rebuilding their destroyed base, just for it to happed again.

sooo... pwi won't make something that cost 400 mil destroyable. and yet... they made something that cost 1.5 bil obsolete. just saying.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    That was a lot of reading.

I do not PvP. I am the leader of a tier 3 PvE guild, which has many 100+ members. We knew, however, to expect that PW would do something stupid, so didn't fully have our hopes up over this. Still, this saddened me.

I was about to bash the no-decline option. But then, going over it in my head, I realized that it really would not work with that option in place. What if everyone was to just continually decline, for the hell of it? No one would get anywhere. Still, this system is messed up. For those people that keep saying that PvP *is* end-game content, why are people like me still around? The answer is: PvP is end-game content TO YOU. I have fun with what I do. You have fun with what you do. I play on a PvE server for a reason, and even though I stopped levelling I still love playing this game and have no intent on quitting at any point in the future that I can foresee. I have NO need for PvP, and absolutely NO want for it.

What they should do, as someone has previously suggested, is put a PK mode system of some sort in place. Those that want to battle can turn PK mode on (which would last for a certain period), and their bases could then be War Ready. War Ready bases could be the bases that are attackable; other bases could be PvE only. Sure, us PvE bases might miss out on a few things from not attacking, but that is our problem. We can turn on PK mode if we want to rectify that. But at least this gives us that "decline" option in a permanent way. (From what I recall there were upgrades you could only get from fighting... not 100% sure on that, but that is something we'd sacrifice.) The fighting benefits would likely have every PvP type keeping PK mode turned on, while guilds that were against it such as my own would sacrifice those in a heartbeat.

As it stands, I do find it unfair. Of course we all look forward to fun new things to do with our faction. But if we wanted it to be wars, we would TW. Instead, the expansion gave something to the TW guilds only and the rest of us are left feeling discluded and wondering, sometimes, why they don't stop to use those 2 brain cells to realize that there are reasons that some people join PvE servers and that some things should be made optional.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
This discussion has been closed.