Comments

• LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    *grins and bears teeth*
    Well, then you just admitted that
    A: you plan on quitting the game at 100

at 101, possibly, for some version of "playing the game". but it's already pretty clear that the two of us disagree wildly on what that phrase means. hanging out with my in-game friends is the largest part of playing the game, for me.
    B: you are stupid *laughs*

possibly. i'll let others be the judges of that. doesn't seem to be relevant, however.
    C: Your saying I'm right and arguing for no reason what so ever.

no, actually, i'm not saying any such thing.
    So why I must ask should the dev's listen to anything you have to say about their game content

same reason they "should" listen to anybody at all --- i pay for it. are they going to? not unless that paying user speaks chinese, by the looks of things...
    I did not roll on a pvp server, because I like to farm and lvl my character in peace,

what, even though you're missing out on all that practicing and training for pvp? that you said was the whole purpose of farming and leveling in the first place? how do you spell the word of the day again; h-y-p-o-c-...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Any PvE instance can be done at level 100 with 9x gears with no refines higher than +3. Anything better is solely for PvP and making PvE any easier is just a nice bonus.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • SmizzleDank - Heavens Tear
    SmizzleDank - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    *facepalms* ...fail lol. Excellent job of spacing the quotes it almost makes you seem intelligent. This thread was about Guild bases to begin with lets get back to that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SMEXYmomma - Heavens Tear
    SMEXYmomma - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Oh Plz b4 they drive me totally nutters can Some one offically put the Mythe of faction base destruction to rest.Gms Pretty plz make official post so My guild mates will finnaly understand The Base isnt bloody likely to be destroyed ,im loosing feeling in me fingers trying to explain the illogic of that , and we could use some more specifics on how much in mats ect. could possibly be lost to a raid. Big huge Pretty plz i know you ghuys work so hard already but grrrrr....ty guys . let the rumor mill dye a dirty messy death...b:bye
  • Anzillu - Raging Tide
    Anzillu - Raging Tide Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    "7. Once the declaration is made, it takes effect immediately. Cannot be canceled or changed, but can be declined."

Being able to read FOR THE WIN

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Faction_Bases
    Dark for fear of failure
    An inner gloom as wide as an eye of fermenting
    Roiling hate
    Death grip in my veins
    Unveiling rancid petals
    Flowering fourth foul nectar
    Space between a blink and a tear
    Death blooms
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    "7. Once the declaration is made, it takes effect immediately. Cannot be canceled or changed, but can be declined."

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Faction_Bases

First of all - the wiki can be edited by players. So what is written may or may not be absolute truth.

Second - another player, who played on the CN servers, stated that declaration of war is NOT the same as a fight base fight. And it was the declaration of war that was declined in the screenshot we've seen from yet another player.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    why so scared of PVP?
    you know, if you die in a game, you stay alive in real life.
    Why so scared of pvp?Afraid you couldn't lvl in peace?

I think these didn't match with the original discussion .. b:chuckle
    Losing on pvp ok oky
    but losing lots of meh money ? nuuu b:cry

Discussion:
    Maybe Anzillu has post the finishing touch.

But " When this stage ends (23:00, Mon and Wed), the system will randomly pick one faction as the attacker. They rest will not have the chance to attack and their paid fee will not be returned. " these make me giggle. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • LeLelle - Sanctuary
    LeLelle - Sanctuary Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    It might be worth the time to consider the actual mechanics of a guild base attack?

In such a battle, I don't think people will be rolling in catapults to do the dirtywork, leaving the attacker free to gank the defender.

I believe in a 40 .vs. 40, the attacker will be at a disadvantage. Each attacker will be forced to chose between damaging the base, or engaging a defender. In such a scenario, kill count is the primary goal. Walking away with the booty would be icing on the cake.

In an even match up, one side is motivated by kill count + scenario advantage, while the other is movtivated by kill count and booty.

In a less even match up, the defender's advantage may be enough to prevent disaster. The option to decline would make sense if an evenly matched defender is motivated to accept the challenge. Last minute surprise alliances could also be available to the small faction. Last minute recruiting could also be another tool available to the weaker faction.

Things may not be as bad as they seem.
  • Slarti - Dreamweaver
    Slarti - Dreamweaver Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    What I am wondering reading all this jive is: why would a small faction of mostly low-ish (50-80 is lowish, total exp accumulated at level 80 is ~1/10th the total at level 100) want to own a guild base? what do you believe will be the benefits?

A faction meeting place is easy to come by, the world is huge and full of purty lil nooks and crannies to hang with friends and trade mats. A faction bank is easily handled with an alt and the mail system. All of the pre-level 100 gear available in the guild base looks like what you can get anywhere else in game, if even that good. Mostly it is a big empty hallway of a building without much to do except pick up and turn in a couple quests, make a few nifty but not necessary buff/potions and maybe have a new sort of TW.

For a small faction the cost up front alone is not worth it for what you get, so don't worry. You aren't being "left out" of anything exciting that you haven't already chosen to exclude yourself from.

"I don't like TW/PvP, I don't want a big faction of high levels....." etc. Then you don't want a guild base either, not really. Just keep enjoying the game as it unfolds, there is much more to discover.
    If you haven't been in fb99/warsong/nirvana/delta/lunar/TW/etc, or aren't bored of them yet, don't be in a hurry to spend umpteenmillion dollars for access to the half-assed thing they put in to keep the people who are bored of the "endgame" interested.
    You aren't missing anything by not having a guild base at level 80, and for most people even at 100 it is probably a waste of time and coin.
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I just lost some people because they wanted to find a guild with a base. I told them it was a waste of money to buy it if a fact with factions like Valhalla/Afterlife/Crimson who have a lot of +10 r9 people in it that will just come and take it all away. Yes my fact is small but we have a lot of higher lvls, does this make us good? not really, its just me and my friends trying to have a good time while we play.But if we cant keep people because we dont wanna get a base because its A WASTE OF MONEY if its going to be taken right after we get it, then whats the point in making a new fact? There isn't any.

I was really excited about the new expansion, new classes, new land, new people, new base. But now I just want to quit and never look back, and you know why? because the company doesn't give a **** about the small factions. If your going to make a Guild Base system, at least give us the option to turn down a base war because people cant defend the guild attacking us. It was a low thing to do, even for you PWE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • SmizzleDank - Heavens Tear
    SmizzleDank - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I just lost some people because they wanted to find a guild with a base. I told them it was a waste of money to buy it if a fact with factions like Valhalla/Afterlife/Crimson who have a lot of +10 r9 people in it that will just come and take it all away. Yes my fact is small but we have a lot of higher lvls, does this make us good? not really, its just me and my friends trying to have a good time while we play.But if we cant keep people because we dont wanna get a base because its A WASTE OF MONEY if its going to be taken right after we get it, then whats the point in making a new fact? There isn't any.

I was really excited about the new expansion, new classes, new land, new people, new base. But now I just want to quit and never look back, and you know why? because the company doesn't give a **** about the small factions. If your going to make a Guild Base system, at least give us the option to turn down a base war because people cant defend the guild attacking us. It was a low thing to do, even for you PWE.

The door for the close minded pple is over that way *points* pls QQ in there and clean up after your done........

And! omg think rationally here pple, your not gonna lose your base the first battle, that would make no sense what so ever, and then read my post a few pages back. Should clear up and other questions you may have xD

and stop watching me troll sasha o0!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Babesend - Lost City
    Babesend - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The door for the close minded pple is over that way *points* pls QQ in there and clean up after your done........

And! omg think rationally here pple, your not gonna lose your base the first battle, that would make no sense what so ever, and then read my post a few pages back. Should clear up and other questions you may have xD

Don't worry, I think most people have stopped watching anything you say
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    What I am wondering reading all this jive is: why would a small faction of mostly low-ish (50-80 is lowish, total exp accumulated at level 80 is ~1/10th the total at level 100) want to own a guild base?

why do you care what other people want to spend their resources on? no skin off your back if they waste it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Ruxal - Harshlands
    Ruxal - Harshlands Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    So is there any official word regarding this issue?

I have stopped using the cash shop, seems I'm about to stop logging in as well.
  • annmarie1013
    annmarie1013 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If you guys like it or not this game is PVP oriented endgame.

Lol. If PvP is supposedly the endgame for PWI, why is there so friggin little PvP on the PvE servers? We got what, once a week TW? Thats the entire purpose of PWI is to get to lvl 10x, build up your gears so you can PvP once a week? Thats a pretty lame argument.

Sorry but the end game is farming for gear and reaching the level cap. PWI is a grind game, not a PvP game.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Lol. If PvP is supposedly the endgame for PWI, why is there so friggin little PvP on the PvE servers? We got what, once a week TW? Thats the entire purpose of PWI is to get to lvl 10x, build up your gears so you can PvP once a week? Thats a pretty lame argument.

Sorry but the end game is farming for gear and reaching the level cap. PWI is a grind game, not a PvP game.

Maybe people thinks it work like these :
    There exist 3 (generally) kind of players on MMORPG. Casual, Hardcore RPG, Hardcore PVP.

RPG is a game that feature a world (doesn't have to be explore able) with various kinds of items and option to reaching main quest, progress of making strongest character possible for the game, challenging targets, puzzle, enemies, secrets, and various choices for the player to reach target. (PVE)

MMO is always played with lots of people at the same time. Mean everyone eventually will reach the end point of the game. Which mean the hardest possible challenges changed from game world or environments to fellow players. If there no PVP features the MMO will end and no more reason to continue playing expect the player find the game as a nice place to hang out or feel the game role play is so good. (PVP)

And since PW was a MMORPG PVE and PVP exist here.
    Example is someone like me who like to replay the game somehow ... b:shutup
    And for me i think rather than PVP on a MMORPG like PW i rather doing PVP on fighting games (3d or 2d) or war (FPS or RTS) games, where i didn't have to power level or grind before i can truly feel PVP. Maybe Guild Wars for mmo tough. But that just me . . b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Whew... finally got through this whole freaking thread. A lot of complaining based on information that hasn't even been verified yet. Please note, right up top I said, "Information needs to be checked and verified. Page needs more information and cleanup."

Anyways, while waiting for the servers to come up I got bored and started looking through the new PWI files. If you look in the PWI directory under element/info you can find the fortressinfohelp_content.txt and fortresswarhelp_content.txt files, which is the source for the wiki entry. I had to do a lot of cleanup on it, due to poor spelling, grammar, odd wording, and redundancy, but that's the original source, if you're interested.

That being said, the text in those files may be preliminary or partially mistranslated. It didn't look particularly polished to me, so I was hoping that by putting it up on the wiki we could get a much clearer and better verified and informed version of it.

Honestly people, give it a month for people to figure it out better before raging, because at this point there's still a lot we're not sure about. (And now I'll get back to sweeping water uphill. ;-)

The text I bolded was actually added later by someone else who thought it could be declined. I've marked that text as questionable now.

Please, to anyone who is trying out faction bases, please do your part to update the wiki with any additional or corrected information.

Thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Here's something that should be implemented on PvE servers (or even ALL servers):

The guild leader has option to set faction base to PvE only. PvE only factions can not declare an attack on another faction base. This can be switched at a later time with at cooldown time (can't attack or be attacked for say 2 days? 3 days? 1 week?). Likewise it can't be switched back to PvE only on a whim (cooldown for the same amount of time...or not at all).

This would solve all concerns, and make the game a little more fair. The guilds need to be ready for 40vs40 in the first place (1000 merits for every player to participate?). Some guilds have their base on the first day, while others will take months. Not everyone has the time to make this game their priority.

just meh $.02

got not a peep on my post...does it make too much sense?!?

I guess ppl wanna flame each other than actually use some thought.

To the PvP players who like to flame others and say "the game is all about PvP after xx lvl", I'm sorry but the game is different for everyone. I myself have a lvl98 LEGIT archer on Dreamweaver. By legit I mean no hypers/Oracles (other than the ones found or stash)/etc were used to lvl. Why? Climb a mountain, or sit on the couch...to each their own. Don't make your thoughts the voice of all...it just makes you seem arrogant and unintelligent.

Now if you'd read my post (#263), I think it'd be a sufficient fix for everyone.
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    Honestly people, give it a month for people to figure it out better before raging, because at this point there's still a lot we're not sure about. (And now I'll get back to sweeping water uphill. ;-)
    ...or PWI could release more detailed info on this since so many are concerned
    it's not like anyone would actually pay rl $$ for things in the game such as a Guild Hall...now would they? (sarcasm so thick you can spread it like butter)
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • Eden - Raging Tide
    Eden - Raging Tide Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

oh my, we have ourselves a moron.....

arent u in a faction on ur server that had the entire map for months? really its not surprising someone from qqme or zulu or essence or enrage have this opinion and incredibly naive to boot

interesting how other ppl are the close minded ones and must want to pvp, just because ur in the strongest faction, likely bored as hell doing pve stuff, and benefit from such a system most, whereas others who want to participate in guild bases yet dont want to have to do wars r close minded eh..

please stop pretending to be rational, ur a hypocrite and a horrible troll
  • storehammy
    storehammy Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    My faction is on a PVE server. Why should we be forced into PVP just because we have a faction? That's asinine.

You're not being forced into anything.
    Just don't get a base.
    b:bye

Greetings humans, ^(^.^)^

Faction Bases:
    It's completely optional just like how TW is optional & certain apoth potions can only be gotten from TW.
    So, why aren't the people complaining against Faction Bases attempting to get TW removed from PvE servers? (This is a sarcastic question.)

Alternatives:
    1. Find/make friends who have faction bases & will let you/members of your guild temporarily hop aboard to level up runecrafting, etc.
    2. Merge smaller guilds together in hopes of making a stronger guild which can weather off attacks from bigger guilds.
    3. Don't bother with Faction Bases at all.

& as for places to "relax with faction members," pull up the map, point at any spot other then a main city, get on your aero and fly there.
    Presto, you has a quiet, lag free meeting place. (provided you fly high enough.)
    hemoglobin: idk how the hell you can turn the word burrito into something sexual. perversion at its finest
    b:shocked
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    A clone of MagicHamsta... wow. He's original but you're not.

Me are hibernating. *poof*
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Why are people comparing Faction Bases to TW? Faction Base costs around 300-400 mil. TW is free for anyone to partake in (cata/tower/bid costs are negligible, costs for gear/pots/charms would be comparable for TW and base war). Would you not complain if you lost 300-400 mil every time you lost a TW?

Now, this is assuming your base can actually be destroyed. If it can't, then I don't see any issues with anyone being able to attack you. I think the main issue here is the ability of your rather expensive base being destroyed, which of course has yet to be verified. I'd suggest waiting out the first base wars before building your own, in order to see if this is the case, and hold off on the complaining as well.
  • CJD - Heavens Tear
    CJD - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    storehammy wrote: »
    You're not being forced into anything.
    Just don't get a base.

So basically what you are saying is, that non-TW factions should not get a base, on the fact that they may get attacked! oh ok.. How fair is that ?

Any faction would like to have a base of their own and have a chance to experience it. The faction I am in worked hard to get the stuff need to build the base, and we don't want to lose it at any cause.Making it attack able is very one sided. PWE made a big mistake on the and its very unfair on the non-TW factions ! b:angry
    Girls are like phones...
    We love to be held... talked too..
    but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected! b:laugh
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    invalid arguments

why do faction bases have PvE content then

edit: a GHOSTHAMSTER b:shocked
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Sedochlup - Dreamweaver
    Sedochlup - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Just guessing from info on PWI WIKI about faction bases:

what if part describing attacks which tells "Cannot be canceled or changed (but can be declined?)" means that you can mark your faction guild house as "non Faction wars"? (like as PK switch in game). Just it will not be able to turn off when attack on guildhouse is declared. Then guildhouse will not be attackable by other factions..
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    if you read the entire thread, and didnt just come to the last page, you would see that your question has been asked and answered multiple times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    if you read the entire thread, and didnt just come to the last page, you would see that your question has been asked and answered multiple times.

Asked, yes.

Answered - no.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    TT gear might not be the most epic armor and weapons in existence, but it is better than having a base and being under equipped.

Dunno what rock you just crawled out from under, but having TT gear is being under equipped. TT99 or hell Lunar gold, isn't even enough to stand up to a rank 8 weapon, let alone rank 9.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Babesend - Lost City
    Babesend - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    Whew... finally got through this whole freaking thread. A lot of complaining based on information that hasn't even been verified yet. Please note, right up top I said, "Information needs to be checked and verified. Page needs more information and cleanup."

Thanks for the info about the Wiki page, which is pretty much the ONLY thing we have to go by as far as information.

And therein lies the problem.

When this expansion was announced last year, guild halls created the most excitement and activity by the players. Lets face it, there's not a lot you can do to prepare for a new race ahead of time but there IS a lot that can be done to gather the mats needed for a guild hall. Speaking just for my own guild, we have spent hundreds of hours farming subs, doing Warsong City runs, playing the gold trade market, and selling goods to accumulate the coin. Big faction or small faction, it doesn't matter, if people have worked that much for a guild base then they have a right to know that what they have worked hard for will not disappear because they got farmed 6 times in the last 3 weeks by one of the elite guilds.

So the response is "Wait a month till we have more information from someone who has a guild base". ummm....why should we have to? I mean, aren't these like VERY basic questions being asked? That's like going to buy a car with cash in hand and not being able to test drive it before plunking down your money. "Does it have an engine?" "Check back in a month and someone from Essence will come to your house and personally educate you about that." We have been working toward guild bases for 3 months already, but we have to wait another month to find out if this is just another system to make all the other guilds prostitutes working for the elite guilds? Do you understand the frustration and anxiety?

The cost of a guild hall is substantial for most guilds that have not been receiving a weekly stipend from PWI for having their name all over the map, and before they cash in 90 million worth of subs and a couple hundred million in coin they have the right to know what they are getting (and getting into). It is incomprehensible why PWI would build up interest in guild halls for months, then not bother to release the most basic of information about them or how the whole system works. In the past I have defended the Devs with their business model and other things, but the way this whole expansion, particularly the guild bases, was handled has left most people disappointed.

Again Sangodoc, thanks for your effort on the Wiki page, and we realize it is not your fault that getting information out of China is like asking for Warsoul gear. But if you have any pull with the Dev's please ask them to release some information about this guild hall thing.
  • sig1043a
    sig1043a Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    But if you have any pull with the Dev's please ask them to release some information about this guild hall thing.

More specifically, can a faction decline to be part of base wars? If not, please provide information on how much damage can be done during base wars and how many supplies are lost in a defeat.
This discussion has been closed.