Sins are not OP!

Comments

• ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I love how the only people saying sins aren't OP are sins and faceless alts.
    I know, right?
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited February 2011

How about you drop the 5APS barb and roll a sin for 5APS? At least you can do a tad better :)

My main is a pure VIT barb and I think barb > sin on so many things, I have a sin alt, but compared to other classes I do not find them OP :)
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    Lupumid - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    How about you drop the 5APS barb and roll a sin for 5APS? At least you can do a tad better :)

My main is a pure VIT barb and I think barb > sin on so many things, I have a sin alt, but compared to other classes I do not find them OP :)

Get a char past 60 and you'll find out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    Get a char past 60 and you'll find out.

1. FYI I own sins past 60 on my 55 barb IJS.
    2. Yesterday, I owned a LVL86 sin with +6 hook and thorns once with a LVL82 cleric from +0 sakuyama's light incase you haven't noticed (I even screen shotted while bleeping name for showing a pic about a barb with low HP on forums! lol)
    3. I have like a million chars, some are LVL 80, 70, 50, 40, 20, -20....
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    1. FYI I own sins past 60 on my 55 barb IJS.
    2. I owned a LVL86 sin with +6 hook and thorns once with a LVL82 cleric from +0 sakuyama's light incase you haven't noticed
    3. I have like a million chars, some are LVL 80, 70, 50, 40, 20, -20....

Hate to bust your bubble, but that means that sin wasn't trying.

Sin could stealth, sin could tele-stun, both of those can easily be done before you ever get a shot off.

Oh and of course, if it was pk instead of a duel, you wouldn't get the benefit of knowing the sin was there before he hit you.

But you're right... you know everything.

Oh, 80 isn't end-game either.

P.S. Why the hell didn't you sleep him then elemental seal him?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NoXide_ - Heavens Tear
    NoXide_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    wtf this thing still going? damn im a better troll than i thought b:laugh
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited February 2011

Sin could stealth, sin could tele-stun, both of those can easily be done before you ever get a shot off.

Oh and of course, if it was pk instead of a duel, you wouldn't get the benefit of knowing the sin was there before he hit you.

great, now we will have to listen about how wizzies can own sins with emberstorm. HA vit build ofc.
  • Hunnybunney - Harshlands
    Hunnybunney - Harshlands Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    great, now we will have to listen about how wizzies can own sins with emberstorm. HA vit build ofc.

HAte to bust yer bubble, but R9 Wiz +10 all over with Demon Emberstorm fully charged? Damn thats gonna hurt. +12 would just be O_O.

Still suicide by all standards, but suicide with impact if you get what I mean :P

--Just think about it, they can oneshot with Gush, Emberstorm is actually fairly strong with enough HP, add on 60+atk levels......... Yeah. Emberstorm is a *** the fish skill, least for the squishier ones vs the tougher wizards.
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    edited February 2011

The time when I beaten a sin, I actually pressed the opposite and yes he did do action, he almost had me but i ownt him. Those other times, I did by accident xD (both near each other and i pressed too fast) and lost lol. I am not saying I know everything. Seal / sleep is easy to cast. We dueled 3 times, he only had advantage of the refines.

Oh and 80 or 40, or 100, does it matter? XD

P.S.I didn't use plume shell either on any fight.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited February 2011

QQ moar. if sins never came into existance ppl would still be crying over 5aps BMs and phoenix venos.

shut the FUC up already.
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    QQ moar. if sins never came into existance ppl would still be crying over 5aps BMs and phoenix venos.

shut the FUC up already.
    Uhm, on the contrary, it was the -int utilization by sins which inspired 5 aps BMsb:surrender

Prove me wrong please, and I dont mean just you alone.b:bye
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

• Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    thier totally not over powered...
    cause they have like.. like 6 of out there 36 skills are arn't completly broken

becuase gaining 150 chi for 1 attack is not OP
    50% attck spreed reduction debuff isnt OP
    150+ chi for just standing there for 60 sec isn't op
    and a 9 second 100% freeze that gives 50 chi is totally not OP
    not dying and coming back at 20% life isnt OP
    25% chance to take no damage from a when hit isn't OP
    and a 20 sec 20% heal bloodpaint is TOTALLY not OP.

becuase sins totally are not in any way shape of form overpowered.

/thread

well that being said the majority of the sins out there are so reliant on there absurd skills they never learn how to actually play and are therefor not OP.

its that minuscule percentage of sins that know what their actually doing.. THOSE are OP
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Uhm, on the contrary, it was the -int utilization by sins which inspired 5 aps BMsb:surrender

I believe it was archers then bm then sin. Maybe ask chezedude... cheze sin on your server.
  • CleaMuner - Raging Tide
    CleaMuner - Raging Tide Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    after reading this thread i believe i am the only person left in pwi that thinks veno is still the most op class, only sins that ever killed me were several levels higher with +10 or better weapons
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    And wow, i basically just said people that know what they are doing are OP...

does that make me OP b:shocked

i don't wanna get nerfed b:cry
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    edited February 2011

I am pretty sure this could have made BMs go high with APS (3) long ago before assassins, just really rare
    thier totally not over powered...
    cause they have like.. like 6 of out there 36 skills are arn't completly broken

becuase gaining 150 chi for 1 attack is not OP
    50% attck spreed reduction debuff isnt OP
    150+ chi for just standing there for 60 sec isn't op
    and a 9 second 100% freeze that gives 50 chi is totally not OP
    not dying and coming back at 20% life isnt OP
    25% chance to take no damage from a when hit isn't OP
    and a 20 sec 20% heal bloodpaint is TOTALLY not OP.

becuase sins totally are not in any way shape of form overpowered.

/thread

1. About chi gain is pretty insane, but thats what assassins have for their power, about 150+ chi for just standing there for 1 min, what kind of lazy idiot would stand there during a fight for 1 whole minute?

2. deaden nerves do NOT bring you back to life, that's false. It saves you from dying so you get 20% HP back when it reaches zero. It is not self revive. Again, 20% HP? They squishy and 20% of a squishy's HP is enough for instant death anyway. Especially STUN as a semi-finisher.

3. no "damage" (1 really) taken for 25% chance does not last that long

4. blame the spark burst with blood paint (which are pretty much for all classes?)

5. Rib strike is OP? You just normal attack on sins...... ?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PetMe - Raging Tide
    PetMe - Raging Tide Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2011

high aps bm's became more and more common after the anniversary packs came out for the first time, long before anyone heard about a tideborn expansion
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    high aps bm's became more and more common after the anniversary packs came out for the first time, long before anyone heard about a tideborn expansion

Yes but archer had easier time because of R8 top....
  • PetMe - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011
    Yes but archer had easier time because of R8 top....

when it first started no one had 5 aps, there wasn't anyone over rank5-6 highest levels were in the 90s, no one was high enough level for rank 8 yet let alone have enough rep to get it. bm's seemed to be the only class that even considered using fists at that time.
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    @Aubree, PetMe and Yulk_owns, I see, well I was pretty much too preoccupied with college right after the release of Anni Packs for that duration up to December '09, only got online sometimes.

PS: Happy Valentine's Day y'all!

• JoshXT - Harshlands
    JoshXT - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    If they were to try to make sin's to be not so OP, they would change the stealth and detection levels to only 1 level above their own. THAT would even the sin's out.

Wiz is over powered damage and if they get the right demon/sage skills, they have a lot of survivability too. However, I haven't met a Wiz on Harshlands that can beat a good sin. I've watched NinjaIchi take down a full r9 +10 Wiz with ease.

If you want to talk about what is incredibly OP end game, start looking at psychics. They are stronger than Wiz because of their insane buffs, they are literally the anti-sin class.
  • PinkyRose - Archosaur
    PinkyRose - Archosaur Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Wiz is over powered damage and if they get the right demon/sage skills, they have a lot of survivability too. However, I haven't met a Wiz on Harshlands that can beat a good sin. I've watched NinjaIchi take down a full r9 +10 Wiz with ease.

But Ninja actually knows what he's DOING...and the only survivable wizards I know? They're all in Zulu. (Except maybe Rocketpower....possibly.)

If you want to talk about what is incredibly OP end game, start looking at psychics. They are stronger than Wiz because of their insane buffs, they are literally the anti-sin class.

Josh, you have SEEN my **** PvP....and I'm considered a DECENT Psychic.
    I've watched Longknife get his **** handed to him MULTIPLE times at West Arch. (Even if he IS Jesusfish, Crimson is smart enough to bring more than one person to PvP.)

Psychics the anti-Sin class?
    Try again man....we're not even CLOSE. They kill us usually quicker than we can even react. Even WITH our insane channelling....we can't beat APS....especially invisible: "Pop up and stun you and sleep you so you can't do anything to me" APS.

You could just say: "thunder! You NOOB! KEEP JUR BUFFZ ON!"

Let's talk about Psychic buffs, shall we?

Soul of Stunning: Stuns the target for ONE second for every 5000 Soulforce. (At level 50, you have around 5000.)
    Soul of Retaliation: Reflects status back to the attacker.
    Soul of Vengeance: Reflects damage back to the attacker.
    Soul of Silence: Silences the target.

Now let's take a look at how they work.

SoSt: Takes a good chunk of mana, and doesn't even really DO enough to allow you to get away. Good job, you stunned the sin, Holy Path away, and get ready to be Maze Stepped, and die in about half a second.

SoR: Wonderful, you've managed to reflect ONE attack and ONE status effect back to the Sin. Too bad he has like SEVEN more status effect inflicting attacks!

SoV: This would be nice....except it's not aborbing the damage. You're still DYING, you're just killing him while you do it.

SoS: Not even WORTH buffing yourself with. Has a teeny, tiny, itsy bitsy % chance to actually stick. And the point of that on a sin is....? No wait, they could just spam the auto attack button....

And absolutely ALL of this can be avoided with a single Force Stealth. Square one, except you managed to possibly tick their charm once before they decided to run away...and you're out of sparks from Psychic Will being spammed!

I find it SO cute how literally every other class says the Sin is OP....and then the Sins turn around and try to justify it. Squishy? Maybe if they're OUT of stealth.

Ah, Yulk!
    I rolled a Psychic on Lost City JUST so I can terrorize your poor BM with my OP kiting and genie skills.....b:laugh
    If you need me, I'll be lurking quietly around West Archosaur...
    My Harshland main has funky lettering, so forums delete his posts. Now I post on my boredom toon from Archosaur.

98 Psychic (HL)~~_/\/\_
    93 WB (HT) ~~ x_RO/\R_x

I find your lack of intelligence disturbing, commander.... b:bye
    "It's L's half brother _/\/\_!" --Bitterroot, Harshlands xD
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited February 2011

you are lvl 100 and you claim 5aps BMs came after sins? you serious?

i guess you never heard of 5aps archers either. the 1st instance of 5aps becoming popular was after 1st anni. even before the 1st anniversary it was talked about.

i cant even beleive someone would say that, especially after ppl thought sins COULDN'T get 5 aps without fists when they first released(and that was proven wrong in the months to come after expansion hit)... this proves how mindless and stupid most of these QQ babies are.b:bye

QQ with stupid and false facts about a class is the worst kind of QQ you can come across. troll or no troll that was just a **** statement.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Josh, you have SEEN my **** PvP....and I'm considered a DECENT Psychic.
    I've watched Longknife get his **** handed to him MULTIPLE times at West Arch. (Even if he IS Jesusfish, Crimson is smart enough to bring more than one person to PvP.)

Psychics the anti-Sin class?
    Try again man....we're not even CLOSE. They kill us usually quicker than we can even react. Even WITH our insane channelling....we can't beat APS....especially invisible: "Pop up and stun you and sleep you so you can't do anything to me" APS.

Psychics ARE the anti-sin class. We have all the tools neccesary to counter their moves. They can't open with an ailment because of Soul of Retaliation, and we can get Psy will off before they can get an ailment off. White voodoo can tank 5 aps out of stealth, though admittedly that's annoying, because usually switching to black gives the sin enough time to retreat. (but by god they'll keep trying, annoying the **** outta you.) And really, a sin can barely tank two hits from a Psy. This is why sins as a class aren't OP.

Now people actively abusing stealth, that's what makes them seem OP. There's a thousand flippin' sins on Harshlands that will, time and time again, stun themselves on my shield, dooming themselves. Instead of actually learning what they did wrong, what do they do? They opt for waiting. Waiting until you're distracted, weakened, AFK, typing; whatever. Personally? The result is that I often find myself fighting 5 sins+, with long waiting breaks just for one sin to pop out, followed by another 6 popping out to try and leech the kill off of the first idiot.

The problem with sins is their attitude. They all wanna believe their this unstoppable hardc0re jackass, and their egos get crushed when you actually stop them. Crushed so hard that the spend the next 2 hours stalking you, and that's exactly why it's so hard to tell that a Psy is the counter to sins; yeah the Psy will kill the sins, but suddenly the Psy has a god damn army of sins following him. Even if they can't beat you 1v1, they'll gladly wait for some opportunity to take you down. And stealth gives them every opportunity in the world.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    vaan1983 wrote: »
    sins are the sin of this game.
    no balance, only 1 top guild, op gear, kill with 1 hit, no strategy, where are the clerics, who need them we can solo instance.

1.its all about money and made in china
    2.if they dont care about me why would i care about them
    3.nothing will change the game is going to a quick end

1. um, duh, every product is about money, go walk around the real world fer abit maybe you'll start ta unerstand.
    2. they do care, if we don't play, they no get $$$. hence the TW fix they're gonna launch
    3. nothing will change? again, refer to the new TW change they made, oh and the expansion seems like it'll bring abit of change aswell.....

out of curiousity, why aren't GMs sencoring noobs like this?

oh, and do you not know how ta make a sig?.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Lets stop the QQ and get to pew pew?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    when it first started no one had 5 aps, there wasn't anyone over rank5-6 highest levels were in the 90s, no one was high enough level for rank 8 yet let alone have enough rep to get it. bm's seemed to be the only class that even considered using fists at that time.

With anni packs came tokens for rep which means R8. And every cash shopping archer I know went R8 in a blink of an eye. Try again. Maybe that was for your server which is the newest server. Please stop posting.
  • PetMe - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011
    With anni packs came tokens for rep which means R8. And every cash shopping archer I know went R8 in a blink of an eye. Try again. Maybe that was for your server which is the newest server. Please stop posting.

the important thing to notice is i said "when it first started" referring to when aps became an option with all the pack items. when that happened i don't think there was a single player up to 100 yet, do you know anyone who achieved rank 8 prior to reaching 100? i would love to meet such a person they must be gm's and we all know they don't really exist. just because i play on rt now doesn't mean i always have, ive been on pwi since it was in closed beta. ty for making an a** of yourself and have a good dayb:pleased
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    @Aubree, PetMe and Yulk_owns, I see, well I was pretty much too preoccupied with college right after the release of Anni Packs for that duration up to December '09, only got online sometimes.

PS: Happy Valentine's Day y'all!

Well I have been on and off, happy valentines too :)
    Psychics ARE the anti-sin class. We have all the tools neccesary to counter their moves. They can't open with an ailment because of Soul of Retaliation, and we can get Psy will off before they can get an ailment off. White voodoo can tank 5 aps out of stealth, though admittedly that's annoying, because usually switching to black gives the sin enough time to retreat. (but by god they'll keep trying, annoying the **** outta you.) And really, a sin can barely tank two hits from a Psy. This is why sins as a class aren't OP.

So do venoes, and demon barbs, infact, since bramble does not work in PK mode, it is just bugged. It works in duels and TW, the reflect. Its the DMG being too high for the squishes, a tad high for the tankers. There are no DMG reductions in PVP, pretty much a gamble no matter.

Now people actively abusing stealth, that's what makes them seem OP. There's a thousand flippin' sins on Harshlands that will, time and time again, stun themselves on my shield, dooming themselves. Instead of actually learning what they did wrong, what do they do? They opt for waiting. Waiting until you're distracted, weakened, AFK, typing; whatever. Personally? The result is that I often find myself fighting 5 sins+, with long waiting breaks just for one sin to pop out, followed by another 6 popping out to try and leech the kill off of the first idiot.

This only applies to PK mode, it doesn't apply anywhere else. Sure they can stealth gank, that is what the class is designed for, its the DPS and DPH is the problem, not the assassins.

The problem with sins is their attitude. They all wanna believe their this unstoppable hardc0re jackass, and their egos get crushed when you actually stop them. Crushed so hard that the spend the next 2 hours stalking you, and that's exactly why it's so hard to tell that a Psy is the counter to sins; yeah the Psy will kill the sins, but suddenly the Psy has a god damn army of sins following him. Even if they can't beat you 1v1, they'll gladly wait for some opportunity to take you down. And stealth gives them every opportunity in the world.

Being stereotypical is a bad habit. Assassins (all classes) are pixels. Sure jerks are everywhere thinking they will be unstoppable in an MMORPG with boring 1 shot-2 shot PVP. Jerks can be even CLERICS! I know some that world chat act all high and mighty. Its not the class... Now if all people play as the -inserts class here- and you have that -same class- does that make you an ***? I have even seens psys have huge ego, worse than common dumb players on assassins.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    So do venoes, and demon barbs, infact, since bramble does not work in PK mode, it is just bugged. It works in duels and TW, the reflect. Its the DMG being too high for the squishes, a tad high for the tankers. There are no DMG reductions in PVP, pretty much a gamble no matter.

Bramble is not bugged. If I remember correctly, they intentionally removed its effect from PvP a loooong time ago bc of too much QQs. There was a thread about it a while ago. Not that it really matters now.

No dmg reduction in Pvp? Lol you joking? I'd be hitting everyone for minimum 20k every time if there was no dmg reduction in pvp. PvP has a damage reduction of 75% or so. Why don't you just be quiet. b:shutup
    *Semi retired*