Sins are not OP!

Options

Comments

• ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Sins are OP because they can solo anything Q.Q, which was... kinda their original purpose. . .

I'm confused by this, when was this stated?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'm confused by this, when was this stated?

it was stated on the original release teaser page I need to find it gimme a few and I'll post a link
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • xcliqz
    xcliqz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Your a sad tool....Stop trying to increase your post count.

@Sad people who think assassins are OP:You all just fail at playing your class....I play a psychic,cleric,and wiz and I have had no trouble with assassins. Although psychic was the easiest of them all to beat an assassin with.

That is because you play on pve server you moron. Oh, look at you like you know what my class is calling my fail at playing my class rofl, I am assassin myself and i admit that I am OP. I can kill anything with stealth+2 spark+occult ice. If they are not dead i can use shadow escape and they cant see me rofl. tell me how is that not op.
  • flamingahole
    flamingahole Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    Wizzies can kill a Sin while drinking a cup of tea. -ijs

You forgot to mention that it'll take the whole time they're sipping their tea for BIDS to finish channeling.
    You have three chances to guess the reason for the post above.
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    xcliqz wrote: »
    That is because you play on pve server you moron. Oh, look at you like you know what my class is calling my fail at playing my class rofl, I am assassin myself and i admit that I am OP. I can kill anything with stealth+2 spark+occult ice. If they are not dead i can use shadow escape and they cant see me rofl. tell me how is that not op.

What does being in a PvE server have to do with my overall skill at dealing with assassins?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Hunnybunney - Harshlands
    Hunnybunney - Harshlands Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    What does being in a PvE server have to do with my overall skill at dealing with assassins?

Everything

PvP on a PvP server is better, its the god honest truth. You are forced to defend yourself, so your are forced to learn. And assassins are much much much more of an issue when they can kill you anytime your out of SZ.
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Everything

PvP on a PvP server is better, its the god honest truth. You are forced to defend yourself, so your are forced to learn. And assassins are much much much more of an issue when they can kill you anytime your out of SZ.

But I just stated I have no problem dealing with them...Of course if I get ganged on by like 3 of them gg....
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    You forgot to mention that it'll take the whole time they're sipping their tea for BIDS to finish channeling.

Essential Sutra Cloud Eruption - 0ch with 3 sparks.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • flamingahole
    flamingahole Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

b:quiet
    You have three chances to guess the reason for the post above.
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I disagree with the OP, assassins are overpowered, but everyone else overpowered. But not as much as venomancer (most OP class ingame).

In duels, 1 vs 1, as long as venomancer not in duel. Pretty much fair game.

BMs have much better chance of 1 vs 1 against assassins due to stun lock + more p.def (HA best armor ingame).

Wiz vs assassin, all it takes is who hits who first, but due to wizard's casting time, they are at a disadvantage from speed, but they have essential sutra + mountain siege and OFC BIDS, pretty much can and will one shot assassin, it only takes like 2 buttons to beat sins as a wiz.

I was on my LVL82 cleric and dueled a LVL 86 sin with a +0 sakuyama's light, he can one shot my cleric (he have +6 hook and thorn) as he won duels by best 2 of 3. First one, he stunned me and 2 shotted me. 2nd time, I used great cyclone, then spark, elemental seal fast, then slept him then do tempest, which is an obvious OP combination and beaten him. 3rd time, I slept him, but I made one slip and he one shot my cleric. She's arcane robe.

Venomancer, due to bramble (it is bugged in PK mode, so it can't work), assassin's worst nightmare is the problem of killing himself/herself, most venomancers don't know how to PVP since they don't know that they have bramble hood, feral concentration, soul transfusion, assist stun from pet. Reason why assassins are called as the worst TWers. bramble hood + Def debuff + LONG time amp is just OP. But they just rely on their pets only and not work on themselves, lazy way to bother.

Barbs, barbs can definitely take hits (don't say you can't), invoke + frighten, and pretty much can take down any assassin easily until LVL59+ for sure. I am pretty sure barbs are just easily stun locked by BM/sin/veno, in 1 vs 1. They are pretty much sitting ducks when the barbs (human form) are easily kited.

Clerics, they have heals, and ofc sleep, which can last for a good while for them to kite assassins till they go down

Psy, their dmg is more scary than assassins, I don't think any half-decent (or quarter decent) psys would lose to a sin. All it takes is smart voodoo switches and nuke when its a good time to attack, they have reflect too

PK mode: all should know that assassins are kings/queens in PK mode due to that LOL stealth, other than that, completely useless outside of PK mode. I have stealth at level 1 on my sin, and not even going to bother since I find it boring in PK mode.

TW: due to bramble, assassins can't do anything good and they are not good AOErs either. They need venomancers 100%

So summary for advantage of classes

Duel: Venomancer, reason : they pretty much shut down every class with or without pet (If they are at least 1/8 decent), fox wallop against casters, reflect against melees and OFC hugging archers in fox form with scary debuffs.

TW: BM, reason: AOE amp says it all once someone is amped with HF, they are pretty much DEAD when other classes nuke them like wiz.

PK: assassin, reason : stealth ganks, with stealth gank, no assassin should have trouble in PK mode even if they have lvl1 stealth (shadow escape too), they still have such a huge advantage because they can stay for long periods of time
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • YggdrasiI - Heavens Tear
    YggdrasiI - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I disagree with the OP, assassins are overpowered, but everyone else overpowered. But not as much as venomancer (most OP class ingame).

BMs have much better chance of 1 vs 1 against assassins due to stun lock + more p.def (HA best armor ingame).

Wiz vs assassin, all it takes is who hits who first, but due to wizard's casting time, they are at a disadvantage from speed, but they have essential sutra + mountain siege and OFC BIDS, pretty much can and will one shot assassin, it only takes like 2 buttons to beat sins as a wiz.

I was on my LVL82 cleric and dueled a LVL 86 sin with a +0 sakuyama's light, he can one shot my cleric (he have +6 hook and thorn) as he won duels by best 2 of 3. First one, he stunned me and 2 shotted me. 2nd time, I used great cyclone, then spark, elemental seal fast, then slept him then do tempest, which is an obvious OP combination and beaten him. 3rd time, I slept him, but I made one slip and he one shot my cleric. She's arcane robe.

Venomancer, due to bramble (it is bugged in PK mode, so it can't work), assassin's worst nightmare is the problem of killing himself/herself, most venomancers don't know how to PVP since they don't know that they have bramble hood, feral concentration, soul transfusion, assist stun from pet. Reason why assassins are called as the worst TWers. bramble hood + Def debuff + LONG time amp is just OP. But they just rely on their pets only and not work on themselves, lazy way to bother.

Barbs, barbs can definitely take hits (don't say you can't), invoke + frighten, and pretty much can take down any assassin easily until LVL59+ for sure. I am pretty sure barbs are just easily stun locked by BM/sin/veno, in 1 vs 1. They are pretty much sitting ducks when the barbs (human form) are easily kited.

Clerics, they have heals, and ofc sleep, which can last for a good while for them to kite assassins till they go down

Psy, their dmg is more scary than assassins, I don't think any half-decent (or quarter decent) psys would lose to a sin. All it takes is smart voodoo switches and nuke when its a good time to attack, they have reflect too

PK mode: all should know that assassins are kings/queens in PK mode due to that LOL stealth, other than that, completely useless outside of PK mode. I have stealth at level 1 on my sin, and not even going to bother since I find it boring in PK mode.

TW: due to bramble, assassins can't do anything good and they are not good AOErs either. They need venomancers 100%

Duel: Venomancer, reason : they pretty much shut down every class with or without pet (If they are at least 1/8 decent), fox wallop against casters, reflect against melees and OFC hugging archers in fox form with scary debuffs.

TW: BM, reason: AOE amp says it all once someone is amped with HF, they are pretty much DEAD when other classes nuke them like wiz.

PK: assassin, reason : stealth ganks, with stealth gank, no assassin should have trouble in PK mode even if they have lvl1 stealth (shadow escape too), they still have such a huge advantage because they can stay for long periods of time

Lol, you just proved you have no fking idea what you're talking about. *facepalm*
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

AD- you're out of sparks and I'm ready to play
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    Lupumid - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    -long extended derp-

Getith back to thy hole whilst thou hath came from!

I thought you had left. b:cryb:cryb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ruxal - Harshlands
    Ruxal - Harshlands Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

This is the problem, which by the way I noted in another thread that I created:
    Up until level 95 I could go 50/50 versus sins in duels and in pvp/pk. However now that I am level 98 I am encoutering a set of sins that are a class above the ones I would have encountered before.

#1 in a duel, on several occasions before I could cast a sutraed spell I was already dead. I mean by the time I hit the first spell having already activated sutra I was dead and watching 4-5 rows of numbers scrolling up the screen and the message that I have lost the duel. This is a case where these sins were not even in stealth.

#2 in pk/pvp, you have exactly 0 time to react to a sin just suddenly poping out of nowhere and flattening you. You have 0 time to react beyond twicting badge of courage and hoping it works in which case you still get rolled over by a seal or another stun. You have 0 chance once a sin decides to roll you.

#3 even if you get off a sutra combo there is the odd chance as has happened several times where your major damage skills hit for 1 aaaand that the sin still has its extra life in place. Did I also mention the sin is charmed and has ad on its genie and some sort of anti magic damage pot?

I could go on and on but the point is that versus the servers best sins you stand 0 chance once they decide to stalk and take you out 1v1.

Sooo what happens is that anytime we go to pvp we take our own sins (so we can see where the others are) and enough fire power to make it a fight.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Anyone else going to point out the fact that Undine after Sleep is EXTREMELY ****? Or am I wrong?

"Try Sleep > undine > sutra > seal > Mountain > do what ever you want for 5 seconds. o would you look at a sin that knows how to lock better than a wiz with a wiz."
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Lol, you just proved you have no fking idea what you're talking about. *facepalm*

I have no idea what I am talking about? At least I know how I to take down sins with NP as a non-sin.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Anyone else going to point out the fact that Undine after Sleep is EXTREMELY ****? Or am I wrong?

We did, several times.

But mrPVE didnt get it :(
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    It's Yulk, just ignore him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    Options
    It's Yulk, just ignore him.

I bet you if I had a LVL90 wiz on that server, I can try LVL90+ duel with you. Since your HP is enough to me to test my DMG b:chuckle

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hekate_ - Heavens Tear
    Hekate_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I bet you if I had a LVL90 wiz on that server, I can try LVL90+ duel with you. Since your HP is enough to me to test my DMG b:chuckle

lol duel.. that doesn't even count.
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    Options

then why are you on a PVE server then? ROFL. Like PK counts... XDD Ever heard of mortal kombat?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2011
    Options

"Try Sleep > undine > sutra > seal > Mountain > do what ever you want for 5 seconds. o would you look at a sin that knows how to lock better than a wiz with a wiz."

yeah jus look at the responses I gave, I owned him multiple times, and he still insists that sleep is better to start with because it "confuses" your opponent.

Typical view from a typical carebear who hasn't even gotten past 100 kills b:surrender

Try using a tactic like sleep to "confuse" a hardcore pker and see how that pans out b:shutup
    edited February 2011
    Options

did you understand what he said? I only saw "wiz" and "duel" and everything else was incoherent.

Translation pl0x b:thanks
  • Hekate_ - Heavens Tear
    Hekate_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    then why are you on a PVE server then? ROFL. Like PK counts... XDD Ever heard of mortal kombat?
    Because I don't pk? lol xD
    nor do I try to prove anything by.. uhm.. duelling.
    edited February 2011
    Options
    yeah jus look at the responses I gave, I owned him multiple times, and he still insists that sleep is better to start with because it "confuses" your opponent.

Typical view from a typical carebear who hasn't even gotten past 100 kills b:surrender

Try using a tactic like sleep to "confuse" a hardcore pker and see how that pans out b:shutup

I just htought of an awesome trick.

Channel BIDS while they sleep, but cancel it just before cast. with luck, theyl AD.

Genie stun, re-cast BIDS BOOM. >:D

--Itd work occasionally, to mix things up. Youd never be able to spam it tho.

And Kill, you gotta meet my Wizzy. Shes 72 on HL :D Your sin might have a chance, unlike versus my Sin b:cute
    edited February 2011
    Options
    *bows before Yulk*

But assassins still are not OP :).
  • YggdrasiI - Heavens Tear
    YggdrasiI - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I have no idea what I am talking about? At least I know how I to take down sins with NP as a non-sin.
    most venomancers don't know how to PVP since they don't know that they have bramble hood, feral concentration, soul transfusion, assist stun from pet

Well, you must think that venos are complete idiots who never checks their skill tree.
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I just htought of an awesome trick.

Channel BIDS while they sleep, but cancel it just before cast. with luck, theyl AD.

Genie stun, re-cast BIDS BOOM. >:D
    I actually do this, pretty much always, against any well known pkers, high lvl'd pkers that seem to know what they're doing, and people that seem twitchy b:laugh
    And it works absolutely beautifully, because once their AD runs out, I can use my own AD and start channeling BIDS unmolested b:victory

And Kill, you gotta meet my Wizzy. Shes 72 on HL :D Your sin might have a chance, unlike versus my Sin b:cute

Might? b:chuckle

But seriously I'd be happy to meet up with you on HL b:cute
  • vaan1983
    vaan1983 Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

sins too much op and rank9 too much op are the main reasons i stop going to tw.
    The catshop is other pain in as s......

its all about money and made in china
    if they dont care about me why would i care about them
    nothing will change the game is going to a quick end
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I love how the only people saying sins aren't OP are sins and faceless alts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."