INITIATING SELF DESTRUCT SEQUENCE.

ERROR.

SELF DESTRUCT SEQUENCE ABORTED.

SHUTTING DOWN.

wtf o.o
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Ok, I think I figured out a couple things.

First of all, about how much hp was gone: I use deicides, and as anybody who has used them knows, they knock 10% off the max hp. So *when I looked* at the hp not long after arriving, I musta seen the boss appearing to have lost 100k hp, because my claws had reduced the boss's max hp, and 100k dmg had been done since then.

Ok, I also did some reading up on this boss; I was wrong in thinking it started its aoe stun/debuff @ 1/2 hp; it does, in fact, start it after 20 minutes. The 1/2 hp thing was from a different time I'd done the boss, and thats about when it started aoe stunning & whatnot, so I drew a false conclusion. Thus, I admit I was wrong in assuming they had been there only 2 minutes. It seems that 'maintenance from 11-1am', could actually mean maintenance from 11-12 or 12:30 (seeing as only 1 person was logged in on my FL when I got on, it seems maybe others don't know this as well).

Since this incident, I've since done the boss again, and I did a little test with my cleric, to see how long it'd take me to do some dmg. Turns out, when it ain't stunning your *** off, only takes a few minutes to get some decent damage off. HOWEVER, after the aoe stun starts, dmg output... well, first of all, every 3-4 spells gets cancelled, and second of all, your channeling gets doubled. As a cleric, I could purify that (though the channeling of purify gets doubled too) but needless to say, damage output plummets. The amount of damage done before the aoe stun starts, then, is not a good indicator of how long it will take to complete this boss.

~

One more thing for the record. This character (my assassin) has never been in a faction. My cleric alt, however, was in a faction. Just thought I'd clear that up. And yes, I like soloing bosses.

Azzazin

Edit: QQ don't hijack my thread!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    INVALID ANSWER.

INITIATING SELF DESTRUCT SEQUENCE.

ERROR.

SELF DESTRUCT SEQUENCE ABORTED.

SHUTTING DOWN.

wtf o.o

something tells me that if it was u the one that spotted the squad u would whisper them stuff like taht or even more weird+pervyb:mischievous
  • MyuMyu - Harshlands
    MyuMyu - Harshlands Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited January 2011

*push joo from the cliff*
    Thiz Thread is ours now
    b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    lol at everyone calling the op selfish for doing what he did i think its selfish for a bunch of low lvls to expect a high lvl to w8 a whole nother day on the off chance he/she can kill it tommorrow just so they can have a little fun b:bye

also this kind of **** can apply to the real world to like for example who ever kisses the bosses *** more keeeps the position on certian jobsb:chuckle

all this doing the right thing **** is plain old stupid this game is kill or be killed dont like go play hello kity and sukc on mama's ***sb:bye
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Well i'm just glad there aren't many jerks like you on lost city. I think it's nice some level 70's wanted to try a world boss. But you are a sin so i guess that explains everything xP

you're obviously not on my LC b:laugh
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • CharmingChu - Dreamweaver
    CharmingChu - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2011

Azzazin

^_^ don't lie in your thread and I wouldn't have to post.

It's kinda funny, all I did was notify your faction leader. I didn't WC it or tell people or post on the forum. Lol, you came and outted yourself. I have a stack of teles, would you like me to really QQ?
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    WB's have 26 mill hp... i forget havent played in a while.... diecides take off 10% which is 2.6mill.

PWI allows for kill stealing. Quite frankly theres no reason to allow them to have the drops. Drops make you stronger... you need to be stronger to compete endgame. It's how the game is meant to be played.

Dont QQ when someone beats you out of a boss.

Yea it seems harsh but that is how it is. PWI is too full of cry babies. Those cry babies are ruining the game. Learn to compete. PVE or PVP doesn't matter, both versions have TW.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    something tells me that if it was u the one that spotted the squad u would whisper them stuff like taht or even more weird+pervyb:mischievous

*watches as you totally ignore my other post* Jerk >:O
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    *watches as you totally ignore my other post* Jerk >:O

/ignores
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    /ignores

You can't ignore that, you just said "/ignore" which means you read it in order to say that as a joke or ironically or whatever so HA! I say HA! to you sir, because you didn't ignore me just then b:cool
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    Actually all you can know is that he didn't ignore the post he quoted. He may very well be ignoring everything else. So you see!

... dang it, stop tampering with my thread. Lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited January 2011
    ...dang it, stop tampering with my thread. Lol.

I thought you got pushed off a cliff...?

Anyway, I don't think this thread needs any more "answers", so if there are no objections...
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    I got what I wanted from this thread, which was a vigorous discussion on a topic of personal interest. Since that discussion seems to have ended, you can do as you please.

Azzazin

cuz I sign what I write
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Makes me think of the same as a player killing something over their level; but they can get it done. Someone walking up, not in their squad but a little higher level going "Hey you have trouble with these, I'll follow you around and out-damage you now kthxby :3"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    KSing the boss was withing game rules / mechanics, so was having your alt kicked for it, what's the big deal here. Some people live by a different moral code than others, can't exactly come as a surprise. Simply find a faction that has a similar view on things and all will be well in the world.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited January 2011
    This discussion is done, his question was answered.

Closed.
This discussion has been closed.