Another KS scenario?

Comments

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    There's a dozen world bosses on the main world, 2 each in the past maps, seriously get over it and find another one.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Tearle - Dreamweaver
    Tearle - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    b:surrender Is it possible to keep a discussion up without people being insulted or called noobs?
  • Cetzlaus - Heavens Tear
    Cetzlaus - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    b:surrender Is it possible to keep a discussion up without people being insulted or called noobs?

no i really dont think it is
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2011

No.

Seriously though...OP did KS, but **** it. Spending over an hour on a WB is just plain stupid. If you can't kill it fast enough, go do something else like...leveling, y'know?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    for those of you posting in this thread about Azzazin from other servers you need to know this he is an *** and goes outta his way to be an ***. This is someone who does not deserve sympathy for being an *** cause he has several cases of it before. The fact is he ksed the boss from them he knew they had been there before them and you honestly think he is gonna be honest about ksing a mob? He admitted in his post that they were there before and not to mention he lied in his post he said he got there a few minutes after the boss had spawned yet what you guys claim it would have to be 20 mins at least.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited January 2011

But, but... it wouldn't be a discussion then D:

It'd be a debate and we all know how boring those can be....

Not really
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CharmingChu - Dreamweaver
    CharmingChu - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    :S So this means everyone needs to have 2 comps and dual client a 5aps Sin and a 90+ Cleric to make it in this game?

xD And he WAS in PK mode on his sin, and we were gonna go PK mode for him but he switched back over to blue name lol.
    edited January 2011
    for those of you posting in this thread about Azzazin from other servers you need to know this he is an *** and goes outta his way to be an ***. This is someone who does not deserve sympathy for being an *** cause he has several cases of it before. The fact is he ksed the boss from them he knew they had been there before them and you honestly think he is gonna be honest about ksing a mob? He admitted in his post that they were there before and not to mention he lied in his post he said he got there a few minutes after the boss had spawned yet what you guys claim it would have to be 20 mins at least.

awww did he ks ur sorry *** to?
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    :S So this means everyone needs to have 2 comps and dual client a 5aps Sin and a 90+ Cleric to make it in this game?

Didn't you get the memo?b:chuckle

Not 5 aps or a healer you don't matter anymoreb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2011

sure thing but u know a 5 aps bm works decent to not as much dps but can still ks a bunch of noobs
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    So..Let me get this straight... You saw a group of 7x trying to kill a WB. You thought to yourself, "man, these poor guys are only 7x and they can't kill it fast enough even though they are doing DD to it so I'm going to do them a FAVOR and tell them that I'm going to take their boss to kill because I want to kill it myself and then I'm going to take all the boss drops in return."

Then you do it.

OP, You know you are morally wrong there otherwise you wouldn't have made all those excuses to justify what you did to them. As others have mentioned already you took more from them than just a boss kill and drops. You took any kind of satisfaction they would have earned killing it themselves. One of the greatest motivation for players in this or any game (and in real life) is the satisfaction gained through achievement. It doesn't matter what level they are. It was not your place to decide for them that they were in over their head with the boss. It's their decision to make. And because they didn't respond to you in a chat means nothing, they could have been in vent or just not paying attention to the chat or what not. You did wrong. No question about that.

Me. if I were to approach them and asked if they wanted help and I got no answer I would have stood next to them and fight alongside until either they asked me to leave or asked me to join. I would have left if they wanted me to. If they say nothing I would have let them have all the drops. I would never have done what you did and decide what is best for them and steal their kill.

One more thing. If you ever have to question whether or not something you want to do is morally right or morally wrong, then try to imagine how your mother or grandmother (or a loved one) would feel if you were to do it to them.

How the hell did I ever survive on a PvP server this long and keep my sanity...b:shocked
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited January 2011

No. Just hit 90, get semi-decent gear, and go out with a party of guildies and friends to do stuff.

Of course, I can't say anything since I did my first world boss on this version when I was 65.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

edited January 2011
    And really... I'm a veno with a hercules... The game is kinda boring to me... Lvl 79 I could solo Eden or walk through TT. Doing a WB was a challenge, yeah sure, it's not gonna whack me upside the head but I got to have fun with it. That's why we stayed til the end.

Told your leader, cause you made your whole faction look bad. I lead my Level 3 faction, I'd definitely want to know if i had a ***** in my faction KSing lower levels.
    edited January 2011
    So..Let me get this straight... You saw a group of 7x trying to kill a WB. You thought to yourself, "man, these poor guys are only 7x and they can't kill it fast enough even though they are doing DD to it so I'm going to do them a FAVOR and tell them that I'm going to take their boss to kill because I want to kill it myself and then I'm going to take all the boss drops in return."

Then you do it.

OP, You know you are morally wrong there otherwise you wouldn't have made all those excuses to justify what you did to them. As others have mentioned already you took more from them than just a boss kill and drops. You took any kind of satisfaction they would have earned killing it themselves. One of the greatest motivation for players in this or any game (and in real life) is the satisfaction gained through achievement. It doesn't matter what level they are. It was not your place to decide for them that they were in over their head with the boss. It's their decision to make. And because they didn't respond to you in a chat means nothing, they could have been in vent or just not paying attention to the chat or what not. You did wrong. No question about that.

Me. if I were to approach them and asked if they wanted help and I got no answer I would have stood next to them and fight alongside until either they asked me to leave or asked me to join. I would have left if they wanted me to. If they say nothing I would have let them have all the drops. I would never have done what you did and decide what is best for them and steal their kill.

One more thing. If you ever have to question whether or not something you want to do is morally right or morally wrong, then try to imagine how your mother or grandmother (or a loved one) would feel if you were to do it to them.

How the hell did I ever survive on a PvP server this long and keep my sanity...b:shocked

u woulda left because u probably cant out dps them anyways, where he can did and benefited from it
    edited January 2011
    And really... I'm a veno with a hercules... The game is kinda boring to me... Lvl 79 I could solo Eden or walk through TT. Doing a WB was a challenge, yeah sure, it's not gonna whack me upside the head but I got to have fun with it. That's why we stayed til the end.

Told your leader, cause you made your whole faction look bad. I lead my Level 3 faction, I'd definitely want to know if i had a ***** in my faction KSing lower levels.

if u cant ks ppl spend more money and get a nix will up ur dps then mb u can deal a few extra k life while ur losing to someone that is actually geared well
    edited January 2011
    if u cant ks ppl spend more money and get a nix will up ur dps then mb u can deal a few extra k life while ur losing to someone that is actually geared well

ROFL @ Get a Nix. Scorp can out do a Nix.

Secondly, if you don't use a ranged pet, your pet is gonna get whacked in 1 shot. Nix can't tank that boss at lvl 80, I've seen that myself.
    edited January 2011

Secondly, if you don't use a ranged pet, your pet is gonna get whacked in 1 shot. Nix can't tank that boss at lvl 80, I've seen that myself.

theres an amazing thing venos can do, umm i think its called resing a pet then sending it back at the boss
    edited January 2011
    theres an amazing thing venos can do, umm i think its called resing a pet then sending it back at the boss

Okay you have homework... Go to SH on your server, let him start doing his AoE stun. And try to manage to Rez your pet with Lvl 7 or 8 rez... idr.

You're going to spend more time pet rezzing ( and failing ) than you will dps.

xD why are you so heated over this? It's not even your server. And you obviously don't know what you're talking about.
  • MyuMyu - Harshlands
    MyuMyu - Harshlands Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    The game is kinda boring to me...

I dont know what to comment =X
    so hitting F1 F2 F3 for 8 hours+ nonstop is not boring?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    you can asume that but even then ( i know they said more hp ) but even with a a cleric purifying for each dd theres still lost time and it is never the perfect amount

and that's why i said 80h+. besides, they could be there for 1h already instead of 20min; 80h is the minimum. or they could go get a drink, sleep a couple of hours and the boss would still be there. anyway, their DD is not certain so
    As others have mentioned already you took more from them than just a boss kill and drops. You took any kind of satisfaction they would have earned killing it themselves. One of the greatest motivation for players in this or any game (and in real life) is the satisfaction gained through achievement. It doesn't matter what level they are. It was not your place to decide for them that they were in over their head with the boss. It's their decision to make.

how about this view:
    he motivated them to become stronger and do an actual achievement aka earning the boss by dealing a lot of damage instead of using rules that are not in the game (-> debatable) to justify their claim on the boss.

babysitting and handing them the "achievement" of spending 3h killing a boss that cant even fight back... tbh i consider it a glitch; they should add some attack to the boss.
    edited January 2011
    Okay you have homework... Go to SH on your server, let him start doing his AoE stun. And try to manage to Rez your pet with Lvl 7 or 8 rez... idr.

xD why are you so heated over this? It's not even your server. And you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

- channeling gear. and why do i like this convo, cause its fun and i respect azz hes like me and doesnt give a **** about little babies trying to do stuff when he can just go right out and take it from them

and btw i have done SH on a veno so i do know what im talking about
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited January 2011

Forgive me because it's been awhile since I've done SH, but as long as the melee class (or pet in this case) is not tanking, then SH should just do his regular AOE stun/debuffs and no damage, right? I do recall basically tanking (more like just holding aggro) that thing on my mage for awhile with a barb and a BM hitting it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

edited January 2011
    I dont know what to comment =X
    so hitting F1 F2 F3 for 8 hours+ nonstop is not boring?

:D it's a lot more amusing than holding my finger on 1 button. I can't even stop to talk or herc is dead lol. And it's not 8 hours.

He's a 3hr kill. Which isn't that bad to me cause i'll spend more time than that doing dungeons over and over and over farming.
    edited January 2011
    and that's why i said 80h+. besides, they could be there for 1h already instead of 20min; 80h is the minimum. or they could go get a drink, sleep a couple of hours and the boss would still be there. anyway, their DD is not certain so

how about this view:
    he motivated them to become stronger and do an actual achievement aka earning the boss by dealing a lot of damage instead of using rules that are not in the game (-> debatable) to justify their claim on the boss.

babysitting and handing them the "achievement" of spending 3h killing a boss that cant even fight back... tbh i consider it a glitch; they should add some attack to the boss.

if they added attack to SH then there would be a new thread stating "OMG soul hunter 1 hit me when i was away from it"
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    I come from EQoA... Rules of engagement applied in that game and KSing was not tolerated. I'm slowly learning this game is a free for all.

>.<

Damn..count your blessings you decided not to roll your character on a PvP server, especially Lost City. You'd be in tears because of what goes on here. Talk to some 3x here who try to do quests in the Secret Passage when a group of 8x or 9x are PK'ing the **** out of everyone in there. At times some poor 3x'ers wait for hours to be able to get in there to quest. Or those sadists that used to camp at the NPCs at Heaven's Tear to PK anyone trying to get or turn in a quest.

It's pathetic.

edited January 2011
    Forgive me because it's been awhile since I've done SH, but as long as the melee class (or pet in this case) is not tanking, then SH should just do his regular AOE stun/debuffs and no damage, right? I do recall basically tanking (more like just holding aggro) that thing on my mage for awhile with a barb and a BM hitting it.

nope your right lol, so basically pet dies aggro reset on owner res pet send pet in it doesnt pull aggro for a bit rinse repeat
  • Malei - Sanctuary
    Malei - Sanctuary Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited January 2011

No, sweetie. Just no.

But on subject, OP, you k.s'd. I don't really care particularly what the situation was, if the level 70-80s couldn't kill it on 'time'[who are you to give them a time limit anyway?], if you could out damage them and thus you deserved the drops or whatever. You took away an experience from them, regardless if they needed the drops or they wanted to do it for fun. Its a 24-hour respawn, meaning that you were free to go back the next night[since you seem to do World Bosses for profit anyway, you only missed out one one boss/one night], and continue your profit-runs without bothering that group.

No, OP. You took it upon yourself to purposely[I stress this] take that boss away from that group for selfish intentions, and then when they report you to your faction Leader instead of God knows what other ways of possible QQ they could've done against you[I.E: World Chat badmouthing, QQ in normal chat, coming to forums to cause havoc over it], you want to feel like you've been done an injustice and leave that faction because the Leader warned you of the faction rules, which you'd agree to abide by by joining said faction in the first place

Personally, you named and shamed yourself. Just remember, yes, that when the favor is returned to you, that you continue these feelings of 'justification' if a squad or another Sin/BM/5.0 minster better geared than you takes that boss from you and those 'good' drops. Karma is a 'witch', you feel me?
    edited January 2011

You are correct. But pets aren't subject to damage reduction. I was using a lvl 69 Eldergoth Sharpshooter and it took Azzazzin more time than you'd think to peel agro off of it... Until i started desummoning it. >_> It amused me to watch him die?

An example is i started on that boss with the eldergoth before and got him to half health and switched to a better DPS pet. Half health on this boss is what 11.5m? Herc still managed to peel agro off of me and get 1 shot.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    if they added attack to SH then there would be a new thread stating "OMG soul hunter 1 hit me when i was away from it"

QQ, i cant solo a boss that is meant to be one of the hardest bosses in game, that drop pages for 100 skills, as a 7xb:chuckle
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    :D it's a lot more amusing than holding my finger on 1 button. I can't even stop to talk or herc is dead lol. And it's not 8 hours.

He's a 3hr kill. Which isn't that bad to me cause i'll spend more time than that doing dungeons over and over and over farming.

I made a weight to hold down the F1 key which is my pet heal. Works pretty good. A friend once told me that she had a usb keyboard connected to her laptop and that she was able to type in the chat while using a weight to hold down the key without interrupting the pet heal. I never tried it because I have no usb keyboard so I couldn't confirm it.

This discussion has been closed.