Perfect World: Genesis -- New Expansion announced!

Comments

• CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Can i put screen shots of earthgaurd stuff here or is it frowned upon?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Can i put screen shots of earthgaurd stuff here or is it frowned upon?

Go for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • myriotact2
    myriotact2 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Anyone have any details or info on this new crafting skill that is coming with the expansion?
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    Ao - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    If I remember well it will be something that adds temporary bonus stats to a wep, but I might be wrong...
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    If I remember well it will be something that adds temporary bonus stats to a wep, but I might be wrong...

Pretty much this.

The duration of the bonuses are 30 mintues to an hour, depending on the level of the skill iirc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So I post on my Barb.
  • Aenghlis - Heavens Tear
    Aenghlis - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    best bet is to check youtube. great vids of actual seeker and mystic game-play. i am ready to play february is too slow in coming. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A thousand shall fall at my side, and ten thousand at my right hand; but it shall not come near me.
  • WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    afew more questions^^"

-why isn't february here yet??????????

-what hp/mp system do the mystics run on? is it the wizard/cleric/psychic system with a starting hp of 50 and an mp of 70, or the veno system of 60 hp and 60 mp at starting level?

-how many options of summoned pets will mystics have? do the flying pets have their damage halved while attacking ground monsters? is there even such a thing as a only flying or only air pet? or do all of them just kinda get a cloud ta float on when they're in the air like i've seen on youtube videos?

-i sall a skill on the unofficial guide to the earthguard that says it allows for mp to be transfered to you to your summoned creature. does this mean their skills have their own mp system? and where do we level up a summoned monster's abilities?

-and does anyone know when in february it's being released yet?... or even that february is the absolute release month and not just propaganda?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • Tamias - Archosaur
    Tamias - Archosaur Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    b:shocked

Me's has questions rawr

- Has anyone figured out durations for the summons yet? (which ones can be left out for long periods of time and which ones go away after a while)
    - What does the R8/R9 Mystic weapon look like? <3 SS's
    -Is the gear the mystic is wearing (factoring refines attack/def level etc) augment in any way the strength of a summon as how psychic buffs are affected by Soulforce? (as in-summons actually can potentially grow beyond other summons of the same level if your refinement or attack/def lvls are high?)
    -Will summons be affected by things such as bless boxes and the new crafting system like extra bonuses to the weapon etc. (of course if the answer to the above is yes, then this probably would be answered as well)

The last two questions of course already factor in the two ways of improving your summons-the basic leveling of your char + uping the skill level of that summon.

But aside form these questions Im looking forward to the expansion :3 I hope that mystics in their own right can hold themselves in PvP because I don't want to kick myself rolling into a even more support-relegated class.
    Tamias-
    The Dealer at your service b:cute
  • judgedrace
    judgedrace Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Anyone knows already if they have new tamable pets at PW 2012?b:pleased
  • Martincho - Heavens Tear
    Martincho - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    afew more questions^^"

-why isn't february here yet??????????

"Patience is a Virtue"

-what hp/mp system do the mystics run on? is it the wizard/cleric/psychic system with a starting hp of 50 and an mp of 70, or the veno system of 60 hp and 60 mp at starting level?

I don't remember xD.. but for lvl 33, like 1k of hp with build 1str 4mag per lvl.

-how many options of summoned pets will psychics have? do the flying pets have their damage halved while attacking ground monsters? is there even such a thing as a only flying or only air pet? or do all of them just kinda get a cloud ta float on when they're in the air like i've seen on youtube videos?

Psy? lol... Mystics have:
    1) normal summon thats good DD
    2) DD with skills (this means = drain mp since you need to transfer mp)
    3) buff summon
    4) i don't know tbh
    All summon are for: air, ground and water.

-i sall a skill on the unofficial guide to the earthguard that says it allows for mp to be transfered to you to your summoned creature. does this mean their skills have their own mp system? and where do we level up a summoned monster's abilities?

They have mp, they recover the mp but i think it's slow so to use their skills you better transfer your mp. Also if you want to improve their skills just improve summon skill, max it to lvl10 and their skills would be lvl10.

In Red ^^
    b:shocked

Me's has questions rawr

- Has anyone figured out durations for the summons yet? (which ones can be left out for long periods of time and which ones go away after a while)

I really don't know but i've been like 30min afk and summon was still there.. would test it when i have time^^

This is the only i could answer b:surrender
    edited January 2011
    judgedrace wrote: »
    Anyone knows already if they have new tamable pets at PW 2012?b:pleased

anouther quick question. why is it called pwi 2012 if it's coming out in february 2011? have we been dooped? is it really coming out in february? and could someone plz link me to an official thread sayin that it's february from a pwi staff member?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    anouther quick question. why is it called pwi 2012 if it's coming out in february 2011? have we been dooped? is it really coming out in february? and could someone plz link me to an official thread sayin that it's february from a pwi staff member?

It's called PW2012 for the chinese server, because 2012 is apparently the year that the world is going to end according to the mayan calendar which they based off this whole "earthguard coming to save a devastated world" theme (at least I think that was reason lol). For us, it's called PWI - Genesis expansion.

I can't remember if there was a thread, but February 2011 is the date given at the end of the official trailer video. To ease your mind, it's called 2012 for the CN server, but they already have had it since earlier last month.
  • Urdthedevil - Heavens Tear
    Urdthedevil - Heavens Tear Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Found this making of the dancing gear video for pwi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc5DsEk2rkA&feature=related
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]That my veno. b:bye
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    It's called PW2012 for the chinese server, because 2012 is apparently the year that the world is going to end according to the mayan calendar which they based off this whole "earthguard coming to save a devastated world" theme (at least I think that was reason lol). For us, it's called PWI - Genesis expansion.

I can't remember if there was a thread, but February 2011 is the date given at the end of the official trailer video. To ease your mind, it's called 2012 for the CN server, but they already have had it since earlier last month.

Well; so much for the past three years we've spent fighting wraiths. They win we lose, I'll go back to.... being a n elf... or something. And maybe attack some humans. *Rides off to Etherblade*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Good Lord that was the worst bit of English I've ever had to suffer through. You don't like the updates? Don't play. The GMs and Developers are just bringing more to the table. And for the record, there will ALWAYS be cash shoppers. ALWAYS. FOREVER.

Correction, the Developers are bringing more to the table. But you know, more of the same **** isn't always good. Rather than improve old dishes they prefer to serve us the same stuff with different food coloring. This one happens to be rainbow colored. Giddy and catchy but still tastes like ****.

I'm not holding my breath because I think I'll just die if I do. Cash shoppers yes, game breaking cash shop items? No. But the game is so far gone at this point this expansion feels more like a last ditch effort to provide something "new" so to speak.

Besides, if everyone who had an issue with the game just up and left you wouldn't have a game to play, would you? Because right now the majority of the player base is pissed off about something, much better to compromise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    edited January 2011
    To be honest I think the devs have put much more effort into EG expansion... compared to TB last year. Everything in the new areas is so polished and beautiful, it looks almost like another game. I'm not saying that the rest of PW isn't beautiful, but it seems that they have really outdone themselves with this expansion, love everything about it... I admit all my expectations were exceeded. :O Music, mob design, new interface (skin), etc. everything is simply fabulous and looks flawless except for rubberbanding. I can't wait to play it in a language that I actually understand... b:surrender

As to whether the classes are well-balanced, that's another thing. b:chuckle Rrrrrrrrrasta! b:chuckleb:avoid
    edited January 2011

that's awsome, and as for the mayan calender, i know why the stopped it, they were at war, the spain ish came over and started shooting at them looking for gold and they didn't think it was relevent to biudl a calender during times of war... thas just my theory fer why they're wiped outta existance, and why they stopped the calender, either that or the were just like "guys, we got several thousand years mapped out right now, do we really need more?" xD

anyway, thanks fer that info :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited January 2011
    To be honest I think the devs have put much more effort into EG expansion... compared to TB last year. Everything in the new areas is so polished and beautiful, it looks almost like another game. I'm not saying that the rest of PW isn't beautiful, but it seems that they have really outdone themselves with this expansion, love everything about it... I admit all my expectations were exceeded. :O Music, mob design, new interface (skin), etc. everything is simply fabulous and looks flawless except for rubberbanding. I can't wait to play it in a language that I actually understand... b:surrender

As to whether the classes are well-balanced, that's another thing. b:chuckle Rrrrrrrrrasta! b:chuckleb:avoid

how exactly is the new interface different? what else could they do to it ta make it better? add more hot keys er somethin? personally i think it's fine the way it is, i hope the don't make it difficult er somethin...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Ao - Raging Tide
    edited January 2011
    It's just a skin, they didn't add anything new afaik, so people can retain the current interface if they want. b:victory I love the way it is now, but the new skin is light blue, very easy on the eyes, a very simplified version. There are screens of it in this thread but I don't remember which page. b:surrender Personally I like it a lot more. ^^
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    the squad member icons are HUGE tho :/
    you have to minimize the size of your chat window it you want it on the default side.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • OceanPower - Dreamweaver
    OceanPower - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I saw some videos and I really liked the interface too, it looks fluid and that blue is amazing! And the Mystic class looks really cool, it's kind of a mix between Clerics and Venos b:pleased
    And February it's so close o.o
    edited January 2011
    I saw some videos and I really liked the interface too, it looks fluid and that blue is amazing! And the Mystic class looks really cool, it's kind of a mix between Clerics and Venos
    And February it's so close o.o .

Dont forget, knowing pwi it will be most likely end of february!
  • SaturnSin - Archosaur
    SaturnSin - Archosaur Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    nice veno and i cant wait for expansion :D
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    it appears that sins are still the most used class even after the the implementation of the new classes :O.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    Well; so much for the past three years we've spent fighting wraiths. They win we lose, I'll go back to.... being a n elf... or something. And maybe attack some humans. *Rides off to Etherblade*

Meh, ever since packs and hypers came out, nobody cares about stopping the wraith army any more. The only place the wraiths are being killed any more is in FC. So it's natural that they would win the war. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So I post on my Barb.
    edited January 2011
    I have looked at classes, and the more I look at them the less hiped I get!

Seeker has ton of aoe but it seems he is mana dependent. Havent found the advantages yet!

Mystic, seems to be weaker than veno with a healing skill.

I may be wrong, has anyone seen any advanges of any of the 2 new upcomming classes?
  • KingThis - Heavens Tear
    KingThis - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    yeah i lost interest soon as i heard no new instances to play into.. thats why im playing Loong, while playin Loong - the power of the dragon, ima wait for Rift or TERA
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 SLITNOTb:chuckle
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Any new info about Seekers yet??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • _CuddlyKitty - Heavens Tear
    _CuddlyKitty - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    oh yay! now we gonna get those stupid oracle noobs again who want to be lvl 100 first with the new chars >.> people... get a life! and level the normal way like we all do

i wanna be a mistyc :3<3
  • Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver
    Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I don't rant :D stupid oracle people and others of their kind make me able to earn a lot of money with so little effort...

And I wanna be a mystie, too :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DREAMWEAVER:
    Myrrmidonna, 8x Trickster b:sin
    Eskarinne, 5x Summoner b:cute

It is not the destination that makes the journey worthwhile...
This discussion has been closed.