Perfect World: Genesis -- New Expansion announced!

Options

Comments

• yan00
    yan00 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    yes, 50% crit for 20sec, cooldown of 180sec, only effective with fire, earth magic skill (which mean wiz).

i dont get it wot do u mean by wiz, u mean this buff only works for wizards? so it doesn't help seekers at all?

sory confused >.<
  • Susyvu - Heavens Tear
    Susyvu - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    My answers are in red.

Ah thanks :) One more (sry) - Do you really have to transfer mp to the summon? Is its normal DD really that useless that you have to keep giving mp to them so they can use skills? Or does normal DD cost them their mp as well?
    [SIGPIC]http://i54.tinypic.com/23uybd2.png[/SIGPIC]
    ☆★ Susy ♥ Teny ★☆
  • yan00
    yan00 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    yes, 50% crit for 20sec, cooldown of 180sec, only effective with fire, earth magic skill (which mean wiz).

btw mooy how do seekers do in pvp against say sins?
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ok based on wat u guys said about the 50% crit... it doesnt let seeker crits, it only let wiz crits

not sure how the skill buffs the party or debuffs the enemy, this 50% crits only works for earth n fire atks (only wizs have earth n fire atks, psy have earth), therefore only psy and wizs can make use of this skill to crit more.

meaning, this skill is nearly useless for seekers b:laugh
  • Sherilys - Raging Tide
    Sherilys - Raging Tide Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    No, mystic don't use that much mana actually.
    They have quite a bunch of skills which have high mana costs but you don't use them that often.

You don't have to transfer mana to your summon, most of the time auto-attack is enough.
    You will want to use mana for your summon in specific situations, bosses, pvp, or critical aggros I guess.

Mystic will learn when to use or not to use the auto-res (which is one of the most mana drain skill). When I play my mystic I don't buff it that often, only in FBs or so.

First summon can easily tank questing bosses, but it's closer to a "underpowered nix" than a tank pet.

I use much less mana on my mystic than on my seeker.

Overall you need mana as mystic only if you really spam all the skills you have. And even spamming skills, the amount of mana needed is similar to a wizard or a cleric.

I see only mana a problem for using 2nd and 3rd summons, which aren't used as often as the first one.
  • Sherilys - Raging Tide
    Sherilys - Raging Tide Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    At lv39, on the mystic I got an aoe heal very similar to cleric's one. Same range and channeling/cast, a tad less powerful.

At Lv1, Mystic's aoe heal : 342 + 9% of base magic attack.
    Cleric's chromatic at lv1 : 530 +11%

Also, I got an aoe spell that does dmg + seal + immobilize. Downsides are 30 chi usage and small casting range.

Here a video, mystic tanking Krixxix at Lv39, as a cleric would do : Mystic tanking Krixxix
  • Martincho - Heavens Tear
    Martincho - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Ah thanks :) One more (sry) - Do you really have to transfer mp to the summon? Is its normal DD really that useless that you have to keep giving mp to them so they can use skills? Or does normal DD cost them their mp as well?

You can transfer mp to summon so they can use their skills. Without mp, they won't use skills.
    The first summon at lvl 33 it hits like 450 per sec (atk speed = to nix atk speed) and the skill does like 1300 (lvl 5 or 6 of the skill)
    edited December 2010
    Options
    No, mystic don't use that much mana actually.
    They have quite a bunch of skills which have high mana costs but you don't use them that often.

You don't have to transfer mana to your summon, most of the time auto-attack is enough.
    You will want to use mana for your summon in specific situations, bosses, pvp, or critical aggros I guess.

Mystic will learn when to use or not to use the auto-res (which is one of the most mana drain skill). When I play my mystic I don't buff it that often, only in FBs or so.

First summon can easily tank questing bosses, but it's closer to a "underpowered nix" than a tank pet.

I use much less mana on my mystic than on my seeker.

Overall you need mana as mystic only if you really spam all the skills you have. And even spamming skills, the amount of mana needed is similar to a wizard or a cleric.

I see only mana a problem for using 2nd and 3rd summons, which aren't used as often as the first one.

It also depends on how you play, if you use plants or if summon attacks one mob and you another one. Doing spam of heal for the pet consumes too much mp x.x

And 2nd summon is really nice with the first skill, 1k of dmg mostly but the mp of the pets goes to 0 quickly :/
  • Allansun - Harshlands
    Allansun - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    can someone put a link of the stat of rank 8 and rank 9 mystic weapon
    i cant find it cuz i dont know chineses XD
    someone help me out
  • danjey
    danjey Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i't not true thier are no 29 in febuaryb:surrenderb:surrenderb:worriedb
  • Kawailele - Sanctuary
    Kawailele - Sanctuary Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    they kind of suck in control... 2 stun 1 paralyze. Paralyze got 30%, stun got 20%, and other stun skill not sure about that one. No silence or sleep

do they increase a when u lv up the skill if so how much %? per skill lv up? :O
    what comes up must come down what goes in must come out! b:chuckle b:surprisedb:mischievous
  • The_Remnant - Raging Tide
    The_Remnant - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Quick question, does anyone know what the Earthguard flying mounts will be like? for example wings or beasts (like untamed) I heard a rumour that they were going too be like Tideborn wings....i hope not.
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Quick question, does anyone know what the Earthguard flying mounts will be like? for example wings or beasts (like untamed) I heard a rumour that they were going too be like Tideborn wings....i hope not.

Here: http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/flight-eg.php
  • miurachan
    miurachan Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Those are kites not wings or animals
  • Satalia - Heavens Tear
    Satalia - Heavens Tear Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yes, Earthguard fly under kites .... and Mystic 'pets' fly on clouds (see sig below)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drakoleech
    drakoleech Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    What would be funneh and sooo ironic at the Earthguards is that the Seekers would get wings and Mystics get a pet b:chuckle b:laugh (that's just something funny i don't think that the devs would do that...i mean...it would be stupid)
  • mystictiger1
    mystictiger1 Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    Options
    how do you know it has nothing to do with release dates? just because the 2012 is in place of where our genesis is doesn't mean their date is being used just as a name and not instead what actual dates are meant to incite

come on now pw would not show us all the trailers,characters for and expansion then expect us to wait for a year(sorry if anyone has already brought this up)
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    come on now pw would not show us all the trailers,characters for and expansion then expect us to wait for a year(sorry if anyone has already brought this up)

The current release date is sometime in February 2011. So you only have to wait a little over 2 months. b:pleased
  • ironmaiden00
    ironmaiden00 Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    hi there. i was playing first on ms server. it was realy fun. when it closed i came here and was bored of people that cannot play as team and just have money to spent on hyper exp. so my question to those which have tried out the chinese version. is ther something new beside the new race and ares? and unnessasary things like fashion? are there some improvements to the grafic, and not just the layout or are there some improvements to the older races? coz im realy bored to thatt game. now here are they releasing new races so what 90% of the people will do? of corse level them up fast on hyper.

i was realy happy with that game without that packs. the destroy all of the fun i had in dungeons, but it seem the only dungeon here is frostcovered.

so please can someone tell me something different that the new races. the only thing what seem to be interesting are new territory wars maps. ive started now different games till i leave the game. and i have to say some are better some are worse then pw. but one thing is nearby in every game ive played better. the playerbase is not that much pay fixed. i know thats the marketing system of every f2p game but here its terrible. i hope they will fix the gameplay and not add new races. military rank makes today no sence to earn then on theit own. just pay and u can wear the best. thats fine but it makes TT unnessasary. is there today any party that goes in there?
    first time i thought they will remove hyper exp after a while but its getting every time cheaper.

i hope there are some changes beside TW. how about new skills for old races. new dungeons for possible gears? not boring nirvana. what are they thinkin? its not chalanging to go 1000 times in there, its boring. noone do godless valley here. it was the most chalanging dungeon, but with 10+ gears maybe not.

i hope i can return here someday and play again. but till then i play other stuff. i miss many things of pw there but its more chalange there. more things to do then just staing in snowy village and do fc runs, coz its the only possible thing to group a team.

so first question was the changes to pw especially the old races. the second question is: how is it to play on chinese server? are the people there more active in TT, godless valley and so on? or is it like on pwi, doing fc all the time and spend on military rank?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPUmE-tne5U

Seeker needs to have claymoress!!! pleeaassee, using these bm swords = laziness to lameth degree

who gives a dam??? for the love of god, give them axes for all i care, just put them out now!!!! xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Seeker in Chinese mean Sword Spirit. Guess that told enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    hi there. i was playing first on ms server. it was realy fun. when it closed i came here and was bored of people that cannot play as team and just have money to spent on hyper exp.
    Welcome to Perfect world International. You can thank the "localization changes" for ruining the game.

so my question to those which have tried out the chinese version. is ther something new beside the new race and ares? and unnessasary things like fashion? are there some improvements to the grafic, and not just the layout or are there some improvements to the older races?
    Nope.
    coz im realy bored to thatt game. now here are they releasing new races so what 90% of the people will do? of corse level them up fast on hyper.
    Good call.

i was realy happy with that game without that packs. the destroy all of the fun i had in dungeons, but it seem the only dungeon here is frostcovered.
    That and Nirvana. Oh wait....Nirvana's dead now. So is TT. My bad.
    Pretty much everybody was happy without the packs....except for the butthurts who benefited from them. Yes, I'd like to punch them in the face too.

so please can someone tell me something different that the new races. the only thing what seem to be interesting are new territory wars maps.
    TW is dead. You can thank the "Territory War Fix" that was supposed to end in AUGUST.

ive started now different games till i leave the game. and i have to say some are better some are worse then pw.
    I can think only of Run3scape. Even they aren't as selfish as these jerks.

but one thing is nearby in every game ive played better. the playerbase is not that much pay fixed.
    Don't try and convince them. They'll ignore you. They've done this for almost five years.

i know thats the marketing system of every f2p game but here its terrible.
    Like I said....
    i hope they will fix the gameplay and not add new races.
    Not likely. The expansion is the best way to get thousands of rich idiots to spend money on pixels. You don't add the new races now, and people will QQ rage quit faster than a fat kid can eat a plate of nachos.

military rank makes today no sence to earn then on theit own. just pay and u can wear the best. thats fine but it makes TT unnessasary. is there today any party that goes in there? Not a soul. They made TT possible only for those who pay for the best gear....or know how to play. Either one of these people usually have no use for TT. Like I said, we tried to tell them this idea was stupid....it's been almost three weeks, and the badges are still there. We can only warn them.

first time i thought they will remove hyper exp after a while but its getting every time cheaper. Nope. It's like the PWE's version of a cheap *****: easy to find, easy to use, easy to resell, and stupid people will always pay for one.

i hope there are some changes beside TW. how about new skills for old races. new dungeons for possible gears? not boring nirvana. what are they thinkin?
    They weren't.
    its not chalanging to go 1000 times in there, its boring. noone do godless valley here. it was the most chalanging dungeon, but with 10+ gears maybe not.
    Nirvana WAS challanging. And then Assassins discovered they could get 5aps.

i hope i can return here someday and play again. but till then i play other stuff. i miss many things of pw there but its more chalange there. more things to do then just staing in snowy village and do fc runs, coz its the only possible thing to group a team.
    Run before you get sucked in again.

so first question was the changes to pw especially the old races. the second question is: how is it to play on chinese server? are the people there more active in TT, godless valley and so on? or is it like on pwi, doing fc all the time and spend on military rank?

The second option.

Responses.
  • ironmaiden00
    ironmaiden00 Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ok then i guess i have maybe to say good bye forever. this game was so good. i had so much fun in TT, FB, GV but here its boring. realy his is not a game. I mean i cannot call it a game doing the same stuff all over again. i better start then a Shootergame coz its the same in fact that i dont have to lvl. Leveling is part of the game i thought but now its become a mess. since im here i never found a pty for TT, Gv or similar just fc. i mean if their expand they can delete some things coz nobody does it. i mean pw was realy the first game i was realy intersted in, and now its like u think uve played a good game on ms server, in fact it was shiiiit coz there was no service by the gms but ove liked it coz the people wasnt like this mess here. we have no tideborn no packs just the pw u know after genie update.
    so when i came here its like the holy comment of AVGN: u put shiiiit in a tank container, after some time uve open it and take a deep breath, welcome back.
    i cannot understand fremmogamer ranked pw such high again. i mean there it was placed 3rd, and then i can understand this, but the rank now was before genesis update. i mean ok give that game a chance its an awsome game, but the packs and so on are horrible. its not a game! if i wanna play a game i play a game and not just doing same stuff all over again and chat. when i wanna chat i use skype. if i wanna do one thing all over again then i have to be insane. then i better play an browser game its more diversified than that, coz here u have the options but the playerbase dont wanna play that stuff.
    and then i rather play an private server then this. coz on privateserver u have one good point. u have no packs. i cannot believe there is now another pach for christmas, maybe make every month new packs. is not one pack enough?
    i know maybe im here in the wrong place to critizize the game, but i realy like it. also i cannot find here any guild. coz there is no sence to be in one of them. they are doing all the same.

and one thing more. the guildupdate. my question for what. who will do some guildquests? i never see here someone doing the villaquest like me. so tell me who wanna do this thing? there are some things i cannot understand.

and i guess many people here dont get it what i wanna say with it. ive made a lot of vids on tube for pw, coz there are some realy cool things in it. i mixed many dungeons in the vids coz i think thats the main part of the game. not TW coz this is one time a weak. so its more like an event. and there is another point. the underwater event for example. When i can ask whos gonna do it? on ms sserver every veno was fixed to do this to get better skills on theit pet. but here for what when every veno has a herc or nix. so my conclusion is the new things always kill the older one. and ive tried now a psy, playing before veno and i have to say theire much stronger then a wiz. maybe the wiz hab his stonebarrier what is realy cool on demon, but psy has more effective skills. another thig that brings my pss to boil is that the new race mystic is nothing new. its just an recycled veno with better looking skills. it seems like he also use wood skills. so thak u everyone wanna play a male veno? here they are.

ah there is another question for mystik. someone know if mystic have to buy better pets in shops too? if yes i have to say typical if no so its unfair. coz if ur a veno without herc u can forget to find any party. even not fc.

im realy frustrated coz i was so sad when ms server closed. then had hope to find all people here. but in the end it was just frustrating. the wodan guild is in real no wodan guild coz it dont look if ur from wodan server. it look just on ur lvl and gears. and i see some people there i know but not that one i liked to play with. all good people that are realy pro players went. i mean pro players not like here. here ur pro coz u have 10+ gears.
    so the game is not based like this ur good in a game coz ur a good player. ur good in the game if ur so stupid enough to spend money in it.

so whats the point to release a new race? yes sad but true, to led little kiddies lvl their mystics and seekers on hyper. there will be no argument to fix old races. coz why there will be no success in earning money on it. ah and what about a new pack. like a tideborn pack, i can profess there will be a genesis pack too. yes with new mounts and fashion in whhich u have a chance of 0.01%.

btw
    @ born_free : oh i love ur signature, its more like signatrue. free to play pay to win.

and i dont eaven wanna win i just wanna have fun, have callange. but i cannot get it coz nobody wanna go TT, GV, events, TW, active guilds, nore discipline in that game, coz every guild here is rpk. there are no epic battles like heroes vs nemesis/illusion. its just like kindergarden.

and OMG O.o i love ur video. sorry but i ask u now if its ok ive downloadet it on my ipod. if u want i delete it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I heard they are releasing G20 weapons with expansion. Someone disprove me by finding out what the new gear is like.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I heard they are releasing G20 weapons with expansion. Someone disprove me by finding out what the new gear is like.

Idk where you are getting your info but I'm hearing G-over9000.
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Idk where you are getting your info but I'm hearing G-over9000.

Soon to be replaced by what Kantorek wears.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

why woild they do that. jump over the G17 weps? lol
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    hi there. i was playing first on ms server. it was realy fun. when it closed i came here and was bored of people that cannot play as team and just have money to spent on hyper exp.
    Not everyone does this. This is usually done by a person who already has a high lvl character and just wants one more to join the ranks.

so my question to those which have tried out the chinese version. is ther something new beside the new race and ares? and unnessasary things like fashion? are there some improvements to the grafic, and not just the layout or are there some improvements to the older races?
    Nope

coz im realy bored to thatt game. now here are they releasing new races so what 90% of the people will do? of corse level them up fast on hyper.
    Some people do, some people dont. The ones that are racing through the game will, the ones that do like to enjoy every stage of it will not

Not true, despite what others may think. There are people who still do TTs, GVs, CoA, Dragon Temple, Jungle Ruins, Tournament, Lunar, Nirvana (only 100+), etc. Frostcovered is done by those who wanna race through the levels.

Packs give you awesome weapons and some armours based on your luck (since its basically a gamble). For the rest of the stuff like armour, leggings, footgear, bracers, etc you still need to run through TT. If TT were dead, you wouldnt find so many people selling TT mats <.<

so please can someone tell me something different that the new races. the only thing what seem to be interesting are new territory wars maps.
    No Comment on TW but they are adding guild bases (for making unique equips) and guild quests (for exp i guess) with the expansion. Something we would need to wait and see

ive started now different games till i leave the game. and i have to say some are better some are worse then pw. but one thing is nearby in every game ive played better. the playerbase is not that much pay fixed. i know thats the marketing system of every f2p game but here its terrible. i hope they will fix the gameplay and not add new races.
    I would love to see the minor gameplay bugs fixed but thats not something we can force the devs to do :(

military rank makes today no sence to earn then on theit own. just pay and u can wear the best. thats fine but it makes TT unnessasary. is there today any party that goes in there?
    Rank equipment while being made easier to achieve (no challenge in it anymore) cannot be afforded by everyone and isnt good for all classes. Therefore TT and Nirvana equipment is still sought after. Except for Rank 9, no other rank equipment covers all your equipment. Majority of the equipment still used by all players (except rank 9 ones) are TT/Lunar/Nirvana/Legendary +/- Rank equips

first time i thought they will remove hyper exp after a while but its getting every time cheaper.
    I dont see the real problem with hyper exp. If you dont want to use it and level at your own pace, youre more than free to do so. I know I do that most of the time unless I really want to get to use new equipment or learn new skills. At best, it has given rise to a large bunch of people who dont know their class very well.

i hope there are some changes beside TW. how about new skills for old races. new dungeons for possible gears? not boring nirvana. what are they thinkin? its not chalanging to go 1000 times in there, its boring. noone do godless valley here. it was the most chalanging dungeon, but with 10+ gears maybe not.
    Thats part of every MMO if I remember correctly. To get gears you need to farm materials, which basically means repeating something over and over again till you get what you want. GV is still part of your culti so whether people like it or not, they would have to do it if they want their cultis done.

Join a guild and you will find people going into various instances to farm. It might be a little hard to find random squads for instances other than FCs

No idea on the chinese server but I guess Born_Free covered it

My responses.

This is in no way in support of PWE and their marketing strategies. Just a more truthful view of what I see everyday.

There have been things put into the cashshop which take away challenges which were previously existing. However, it is totally upto you to determine how you would like to play the game and challenge yourself.

If you have friends here and enjoy playing with all these changes, then PWI is still a very enjoyable game. If you dont enjoy the game anymore (for whatever reason), move on.
  • FallinShadow - Heavens Tear
    FallinShadow - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Can't we all just wait until Feb.? I'm excited though
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Keke Zolanski in da Haus!
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    Ao - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I guess these are some of the new all-class pets:

http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20101222/57825.shtml

Screenshots of a new fashion from the forums:

http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=1685168
This discussion has been closed.