Perfect World: Genesis -- New Expansion announced!

Options

Comments

• kazlyna
    kazlyna Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i waaaaaaaaaannnnaaaaaaaaaaaaa be a mystik!!!!!!!

who wrote theyre coming december 2010???????
  • Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver
    Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    They DID came December 2010, but to China :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DREAMWEAVER:
    Myrrmidonna, 8x Trickster b:sin
    Eskarinne, 5x Summoner b:cute

It is not the destination that makes the journey worthwhile...
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    sooo, after 1 month of earthguard being out, why isn't there a complete list of seeker and mystic skills yet? like their stats at lvl 10 skill. a lot of seeker and mystic skills are still unknown to date.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    :O

w/e PWI crew is doing there best to release it in full in Feb. stop giving them problem and enjoy the game. If your bored then make an Alt or leave until then.
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver
    Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    sooo, after 1 month of earthguard being out, why isn't there a complete list of seeker and mystic skills yet? like their stats at lvl 10 skill. a lot of seeker and mystic skills are still unknown to date.
    becoooouse the Chinese version is in Chinese? b:chuckle any people here who can read Chinese? Rise your hands, don't be shy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DREAMWEAVER:
    Myrrmidonna, 8x Trickster b:sin
    Eskarinne, 5x Summoner b:cute

It is not the destination that makes the journey worthwhile...
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    becoooouse the Chinese version is in Chinese? b:chuckle any people here who can read Chinese? Rise your hands, don't be shy!

i speak japanese and can read kanji, but i dont speak "chinese". but its enough for me to get around xD.
    anyway........... i like the new daily quests b:dirty .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Bobberto - Harshlands
    Bobberto - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i speak japanese and can read kanji, but i dont speak "chinese". but its enough for me to get around xD.
    anyway........... i like the new daily quests b:dirty .

what r the new daily quests ? O.o
  • EternityLove - Heavens Tear
    EternityLove - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    When are they going to put new class in the game?
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    idk if they're necessarily daily quests but they sure seem like it.
    they seem like regular type quests that you turn in and get exp and spirit for.

you get 2 a day apparently..... and they give you a list of which you can pick from. i think the number of quests available increases with level. and you go to different NPCs to receive them depending on your level.

you also receive items for completing quests apparently. you can turn them in for : high grad Apo, Mysterious Chips, Molds, and other goods.

im not quite sure how it works cause i havent found a guide on their site for it yet :O. but the exp is good a low lvl.

buts thats all i can get from the NPCs lol

(forgive me if this was confusing, but im still trying to figure it out myself xD)

and maybe its been explained elsewhere and i missed it xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options

When people start doing a little research into the questions they ask, instead of just posting the same question that's been answered a dozen and a half times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • Livebynight - Sanctuary
    Livebynight - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    does anyone know if their is going to be new armor sets like for the seekers?, will they be HA or are they going to have armor sets of their own?
  • vaan1983
    vaan1983 Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Go here for the original news post, which includes some new concept art :)

Perfect World: Genesis

An ancient Pan'Gu prophecy has foretold the destruction of Perfect World:

"There will be a time when the beautiful world will cease to exist as we know it today.

The land of Perfect World will suffer destruction the likes of which has never been seen. The world will be torn apart, leaving massive crevasses across its surface. The oceans will rage with turmoil and the tides will swallow everything in their path. The races of the world, thrown into chaos, will not understand what is happening to their beautiful world."

The time of the prophecy has come.

However, within the depths of the underground, an ancient race of people with arcane powers and innate psychic abilities has foreseen the coming of this post-apocalyptic world. In knowing the future, they have dedicated their lives to prepare for such a day. The time has now come for them to emerge from the underground. They must join the other races of Perfect World and fight alongside them through the coming disaster.

Players will be able to participate in helping to restore the world back to its Perfect state. What changes has the destruction brought upon our Perfect World? What new challenges await you? Prepare yourself for Genesis!

- New Race - The Earthguard
    - Two new classes - "Seeker" and "Mystic"
    - New areas to explore
    - New dungeons
    - New monsters and gear
    - New guild bases

Perfect World: Genesis - Coming soon to a PWE Free-to-Play near you!

- PWE Staff
    I think developers must concentrate in get better graphics for pwi because its out of date already.
    There will be 2 more class thats meam will be more dificult to find a cleric and barb for party. I think pwi must focus in develop new skills for all class and make cleric and barb more playable otherwise people will get boring and leave like i did.
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    Ao - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    PW already has much better graphics than most f2p and p2p games despite being so old... Maybe things that need to be spiced up are some skill animations and hand textures. Why don't they just copy the code from JD or FW and give us more beautiful hands?! b:cry Characters in JD/FW do have 5 fingers. b:surrender
  • Urdthedevil - Heavens Tear
    Urdthedevil - Heavens Tear Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    PW already has much better graphics than most f2p and p2p games despite being so old... Maybe things that need to be spiced up are some skill animations and hand textures. Why don't they just copy the code from JD or FW and give us more beautiful hands?! Characters in JD/FW do have 5 fingers.

I would say that, there are other games with nice graphics if not silimar then better that are f2p. Alot new games that are coming out in 2011 are using unreal 2.5 or 3 engine or crysis engine that are f2p. Dont look at unsuccessfull ****ty games. Look at other games that have pretty good standing in the market compare to pwi. Allthough pwi does need to improove the graphics a little, not too much though. But better though optimise their engine so that crouded town wouldnt be so laggy or have a feature that hides players when entering town.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]That my veno. b:bye
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    Options
    does anyone know if their is going to be new armor sets like for the seekers?, will they be HA or are they going to have armor sets of their own?

Normal HA.

Source
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So I post on my Barb.
  • Ayainity - Heavens Tear
    Ayainity - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I wish People would do more Vids on Mystic. I see seeker is pretty fun but I see very lil of Mystic anywhere.b:sad
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I wish People would do more Vids on Mystic. I see seeker is pretty fun but I see very lil of Mystic anywhere.b:sad
    I second this, there are already skills listings for sekeer skills on youtube, mystics are left dry thoughb:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I second this, there are already skills listings for sekeer skills on youtube, mystics are left dry thoughb:sad

Thirded. I know that Sherilys' mystic is 39 at the very least (at least that's the level of her last video where she killed Krixxix for her culti). But even that video doesn't show anything other than their player heal and first spell. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So I post on my Barb.
  • WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options

um, they're being added in february, and don't eb afraid to ask a question, chances are it's been asked before, but who the hell wants ta go through over 100 pages of a thread ta find that info? just ask, someone who isn't an *** will awnser.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
    edited January 2011
    Options
    vaan1983 wrote: »
    I think developers must concentrate in get better graphics for pwi because its out of date already.
    There will be 2 more class thats meam will be more dificult to find a cleric and barb for party. I think pwi must focus in develop new skills for all class and make cleric and barb more playable otherwise people will get boring and leave like i did.

cleric and barb are playable, ya just gotta know how. you left? waz the matter? we to awsome for you, but ya still left like scumming up our forum? if yer gonna leave the game then leave the forums too please. unless yer gonna post a guide and are leaving cause you hit the level cap on asmany characters as ya wanted that is. we don't need you discouraging any new players coming to the game we all love. plz don't be discouraged to be a barb or cleric new guys and gals, whoever this is is full of ****. what can i say? not everyone can play every class *shrugs*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    Options
    um, they're being added in february, and don't eb afraid to ask a question, chances are it's been asked before, but who the hell wants ta go through over 100 pages of a thread ta find that info? just ask, someone who isn't an *** will awnser.

What kind of crazy person would look through a 100 page thread when they could find the release date on the first post of the first page of this one?

Oh, and that reeeeeally hurt. No, honestly.
    /wrist
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So I post on my Barb.
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I wonder how the r8 gear will look for these new classes. I see the tb r8 is very nice and different from the other classes. Anyone know?b:thanks
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I have looked at classes, and the more I look at them the less hiped I get!

Seeker has ton of aoe but it seems he is mana dependent. Havent found the advantages yet!

Mystic, seems to be weaker than veno with a healing skill.

I may be wrong, has anyone seen any advanges of any of the 2 new upcomming classes?

that's odd, cause the more i look the more excited i am for when they come out ^,..,^

--ofcorse the seeker is mana dependant. i've heard people say it's very much like a barb. if it's got high hp amounts, good def, and use aton of AoE, and enhance his weapon with elemental buffs, there has to be some downsides, otherwise where would the balance be?

-as fer the advantages to seekers, they use elemental buffs to give more damage on their weapons, and the use swords/dual swords, so they got pretty good aim. which means maybe with their hard hitting skills they'll be able ta put up a fight agenst sins, and with the elemental buffs they might do good agenst all the fist bms that appeared to deal with the sin population^^ also, elements+good def=barb killer.

-for those who dispute the balance of the class, they got low mdef, good aim because of sword stats, but not too high, aswell as their evasion. low mp amounts, slow attack rate with dual swords, faster attack rate with swords, but less dmg. and personally, my guess is they will all try ta use dual swords, because, well, look at all the BMs who use swords, most of them are dual wielders, maybe cause it looks cooler er somethin, who knows? not me, i have no idea.

--yeah, mystics are weaker than a veno with healing skills. they're a support class. they're meant to be able ta help all the other classes, without replacing them. they're like if a wizard and a cleric had a kid, and then that kid, mated with a veno. 3 slightly downgraded versions slapped together into a playable class. they don't have all the high dmg spells like a wiz, but they've got afew high damage spells with very long channel times (mastermind curse), and they're like clerics, but they only got 1 fast healing spell, and a HoT spell that's a buff casted that activates when the person it's casted on gets below a certain hp amount, and ofcorse, they have a res skill, and that's a buff casted on a target that gives them a rev option if they die in the 15 minutes that spell is active, and yes, and they're like venos, because they have pet like summons, but they're abit squishier, and a mock of the veno pet heal spell which also allows them to heal veno pets(one more way fer them to support), aswell as a douplicate version of the veno's lvl 1 skill.

-advantages, they have a way of supporting every class, while not outshining of having the ability to replace any.

-example of a sinario: you're in a squad with a barb, a cleric, a wizard/psychic, a BM/assassin, and a veno, as a mystic, here's what you can do.
    ---boss fight starts, veno sends in pet, barb steals agro and tanks, the bm/assassin goes up right comfy next to the boss, and the wizard/psychic starts to DD.
    ---you cast a self res buff on everyone before the boss fight starts ofcorse.
    ---you ofcorse send in your summoned monster to attack with the veno's, then you check the barb's health, if it's going down, you help the cleric heal, if the cleric can spam heal and keep the tank alive, you cast that HoT buff on the barb fer if his hp goes below a certain level, andmove on.
    ---next thing you check, is that lovely bm/assassin DD getting hit by the bosses AoE, if so, and the cleric is busy with the barb, heal them up, if not, cast the HoT buff on them just fer safe keeping, and move on.
    ---with all the heals taken care of, you move on to damage dealing with mastermind curse, and whatever other good dmg spells you have, while keeping an eye on your summon's hp ofcorse.
    ---but wait, OH CRUD!!!!! the veno's pet stole agro and is now getting thrashed to all hell by the boss. you help heal the pet until the barb regains agro, then to back to damage dealing
    ---but wait, OH CRUD!!!!! that wonderful BM/assassin who was gettin all comfy with the boss dies from a high powered AoE and the cleric is to busy healing the hell outta the barb ta res them. you help heal the barb so everything goes back ta normal, and when the BM/assassin resurects themselves because of the buff you put on them, you heal them up, and they get back to fighting.

-with the mystic being able ta do all of this it might seem like they're overpowered, but lets take a closer look shall we?
    ---they have a pet like a veno, but it's abit squishier, and unlike a veno's pet, that can be whatever the veno wants it to be, and shoot it's skills asmany times as it wants without anything but the cooldown's stopping it, a mystic's summoned pet can only be what the summon is, there is no changing that, they can't tame, and their summoned creatures have an mp system, so eventually after they've used their skills a certain number of times, they need to refuel their pet's mp by giving it their own. i will give mystics one thing tho, to the best of my knowledge they don't have ta feed their summoned creatures, which is nice, but due to that, they can't increase their attack to 120% of what it normally is.
    ---they have healing skills like a cleric, but by far not as many, they've got 1 fast acting one, and a buff that only activates and eals if the hp amount falls below a certain thresh hold, and clerics still have a ton of buffs that mystics don't have. to the best of my knowledge, blue body care can't be casted on others, so that leaves them with the res buff that lasts 15 minutes, and while very useful, could make people abit careless, and the HoT buff that only activates if a person happens to fall below a certain thresh hold.
    ---i'm probly the only one who considers themwizardlike at all, but they've got some DDing capabilities, so i'ma adress it. they don't have asmany dding skills, and mastermind curse has a 5 second channel time, thas fckn crazy, not that there aren't wizard skills with a 5 sec channel time, but still, it's fckn crazy.

-so yeah, 3 weak classes roled into one playable class, incredibly useful in a party, but only to suppliment existing classes, wouldn't be able to do all 3 jobs successfully at once without backup, so awsome, yes, overpowered, no.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited January 2011
    Options
    What kind of crazy person would look through a 100 page thread when they could find the release date on the first post of the first page of this one?

Oh, and that reeeeeally hurt. No, honestly.
    /wrist

okay, ya got me, that is pretty obvious, ya still shouldn't scare people off tho.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    -so yeah, 3 weak classes roled into one playable class, incredibly useful in a party, but only to suppliment existing classes, wouldn't be able to do all 3 jobs successfully at once without backup, so awsome, yes, overpowered, no.

you diddnt mention there "trap" summoning abilitys! o_o and thats the thing i like most about them i think, they have 1 DD trap with a decent damage output, it attacks slow, but still, it DDs, they have there curse pet, slows down there phy and mag casting speed and decreases there phy and mag defense, i think they only have them 4 curses anyway, thats gonna be very useful in boss fights i think, at least if there isnt a sin to keep using rib strike, or if its just a sin thats to lazy to use it, then the pet will do it for us, they got other pet traps, but ive forgotten what they are atm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Seeker is a anti-barb
    They have different element to kill elemental mobs faster.
    They uses some magic attacks which can harm barbs a lot.
    They have good def and high hp to tank physical damage, tho not magic damage.
    Low MP + Slow Attack Rate also weakens the class.

Mystic is a Hybrid Wizard
    They have:

Wizzy:
    *High damage skill(+) with long channeling(-).

Veno:
    *Summon pet (+) with lesser health (-)
    *A variation of Venomous Scarabs

Personal:
    Trap summon which attack even when they die. (._. I am thinking somewhat like the bomb mobs in BH39)

Cleric:
    *Fast healing spell
    *HoT spell
    *Self-res buff (+) that last for 15 mins (-)
    IMO I say it's more along the lines of Sin's self-res.

heh less of Wall of Text :P
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Like the post above me they are the Anti-Barb since they have the tanking ability's like a barb but I doubt they will have higher HP than a barb so they can't tank everything a barb can tank. Like a pure Axe BM is able to tank some bosses but not all of them. b:pleased

I also believe they will be able to AoE grind better than any other class since they have high defense and a lot of AoEs.

Lastly does anyone know if Seekers have a self heal like BMs or something? b:question

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
    edited January 2011
    Options
    you diddnt mention there "trap" summoning abilitys! o_o and thats the thing i like most about them i think, they have 1 DD trap with a decent damage output, it attacks slow, but still, it DDs, they have there curse pet, slows down there phy and mag casting speed and decreases there phy and mag defense, i think they only have them 4 curses anyway, thats gonna be very useful in boss fights i think, at least if there isnt a sin to keep using rib strike, or if its just a sin thats to lazy to use it, then the pet will do it for us, they got other pet traps, but ive forgotten what they are atm

This is 98.9% of the sins playing now. They won't do **** to slow down the mobs attack speed. They spark and take hate and cry because IH didn't save them. I think back and sins don't bother to do skills other than blood paint and its sad. I know Mystic will be very useful with a squad with good members.
  • Tamias - Archosaur
    Tamias - Archosaur Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    >.<

So let me get this straight-this class being a weaker combination of 3 classes can't PvP/TW properly as a stand alone DD type of class? Annoying as hell yes, but they can't take out specific threats 1 v 1? Thats my only concern really seeing as I'd like to be a tad bit more useful than just being in a "secondary cata-cleric" situation.

I like magic users but Wizzy channeling time sucks, Venos are super versatile but I barely have the patience outside of leveling a Cleric, Cleric is mostly support even when demon, and Psy's are too squishie for my tastes lol. And alot of the tie end game casters get thrown to the wayside for Nirvana's and such so the only casters that really survive the 5 APS era is Venos and Cleric. (and even now clerics are getting shafted for ppl that can tank w/ BP+charm+HP foods >_> )
    Tamias-
    The Dealer at your service b:cute
This discussion has been closed.