is there any class that can't beat us

Comments

• Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    There's plenty of offensive options, but the defensive bias is obvious. Enter Ironguard, 12 second immunity. Add an antistun beforehand, and our nukes and combos not only will be worthless, we'll have to run away from them for 12sec.
  • Pearlwood - Lost City
    Pearlwood - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    There's plenty of offensive options, but the defensive bias is obvious. Enter Ironguard, 12 second immunity. Add an antistun beforehand, and our nukes and combos not only will be worthless, we'll have to run away from them for 12sec.

They can't move with ironguard and they cost 22k per. Let them blow their wad on a simple case of 1v1. lol
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    They can't move with ironguard and they cost 22k per. Let them blow their wad on a simple case of 1v1. lol

All u need to do is anti stun before u use the pot and you can move the entire duration of the ironguard. 22k per is really nothing, honestly if people can afford hundreds of millions on a weapon itself, they aren't going to have much trouble using a pk pot.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Pearlwood - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    All u need to do is anti stun before u use the pot and you can move the entire duration of the ironguard. 22k per is really nothing, honestly if people can afford hundreds of millions on a weapon itself, they aren't going to have much trouble using a pk pot.

The description of ironguard say the user cannot move during its duration. Are u saying for example; I could use fortify then ironguard, and be able to move and attack with 12 seconds invincibility? If so, I didn't know that.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    The description of ironguard say the user cannot move during its duration. Are u saying for example; I could use fortify then ironguard, and be able to move and attack with 12 seconds invincibility? If so, I didn't know that.

Yes.
    /10char
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited November 2010
    To further elaborate, an ironguard simply stuns you and makes you immune for 12 seconds. I believe, but never tried, you can even be purified by a cleric. But anti-stun + tranquilizing orb works as well for the cheap people. :P
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    To further elaborate, an ironguard simply stuns you and makes you immune for 12 seconds. I believe, but never tried, you can even be purified by a cleric. But anti-stun + tranquilizing orb works as well for the cheap people. :P

ya, a cleric can purify the stun off you while you are immune :P
  • Pearlwood - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    ya, a cleric can purify the stun off you while you are immune :P

o O It's getting very interesting all of the sudden. Wow. I love learning the arcane...and this is a trick I never knew. :)
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited November 2010
    if someone uses immunity, I find that as a free ticket to run the **** away. it's the same concept, they aren't taking damage. they're running away, just towards you. :|

but, an: undine, sutra, divine, mountain, sandstorm, snare should kill most people after their pill is on cooldown

btw, who uses pills in a 1v1?
  • Pearlwood - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    prof wrote: »
    if someone uses immunity, I find that as a free ticket to run the **** away. it's the same concept, they aren't taking damage. they're running away, just towards you. :|

but, an: undine, sutra, divine, mountain, sandstorm, snare should kill most people after their pill is on cooldown

btw, who uses pills in a 1v1?

We're talking about using ironguard offensively, not defensively. Scroll up.
  • prof
    edited November 2010
    in what way is an immunity pot offensive? you use it, you're entirely immune to everything, they can't stop you. what did I say that contradicted this? I said -> "they're running away, just to you", do you disagree?

what happens when you run away? the same thing that happens when you use an immunity pill. b:bye
  • Pearlwood - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    in what way is an immunity pot offensive? you use it, you're entirely immune to everything, they can't stop you. what did I say that contradicted this? I said -> "they're running away, just to you", do you disagree?

what happens when you run away? the same thing that happens when you use an immunity pill. b:bye

Whoa prof.. :) What we were discussing is HOW you can attack and move while at the same time having complete invincibility. That's what I call offensive use.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited November 2010
    They use ironguards when they see you ready to pop something nasty, like a Sutra. In more group PvP this is much more effective, seeing as you will make a whole group of people run from you (or risk being stunned/AOEd)... some sins even employ a "stealth nuke" in TW successfully here. (they use maze steps->ironguard->then nuke with 12sec immunity)
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    ironguards are more useful when used defensively, if you use it offensively.. generally the target will just run out of range or use their own defensive skills. Ofc its a little different in mass pvp, mainly because people won't know if you use an ironguard or domain and try to wait it out. There is also the emotional benefits, when you have 5-6 people on one, and that one uses an ironguard.. sometimes the 5-6 will just stand there because they're too embarassed to run 5-6 v 1.
  • coolstorybreh
    coolstorybreh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    god you talk out of your *** too much, why not just concede the fact that you misinterpreted BLOODMYSTIC's position instead of painstakingly trying to save face b:chuckle

your scenario isn't prevalent to the majority who ask for help here. by where you draw your knowledge from that you for whatever reason think makes for a plausible case for people not just in different boats, but on different oceans, an end game archer could make a case that they should roll everybodys face if they irongaurd with wings of protection. you are mentioning a uniquely skewed, limited point of view that you only feel confident speaking about now and expecting it to be the same for every other wizard, please shut the hell up. i don't even want to acknowledge or get into your justification of the comment by saying its easy to reach end game, anybody with a brain would know how misleading quote unquote end game from ENNNNND GAME is.

1) irongaurds aren't as easily accessible to the rest of the world as they may be there. even if they were, all you do is solidify BLOOD's point that to break even you need to go above and beyond which is more than likely not what people asking for an easy time want, durr.

2) you may like to think you're amazing, but fortify is just as easy to bait as red sprint is from a bm, or whatever. only difference is they have an array of other things and genie skills to immobilize you. to call yourself a kiter is hilarious as ****, theres kiting efficiently and then just taking yourself completely out of a fight. learn to differentiate, just because you turn around and gush shot a few lowbs doesn't mean other people will derive the same satisfaction and deem the whole thing "worth it" in regards to why they roll wiz. there are better classes for what they want, end of.

secondly, lol @ preemptive fortify to something you can't time coming (sin), expel is clearly the only viable option for those without the event gear and or refines to tank the initial stun lock. and even at that, its just till whoever you're pking with is able to bail you out.

real wizards know their roles and don't mislead other people into thinking they'll be grateful of their choice just because we, in our unique scenarios, can look like rockstars when it doesn't matter. i'd be damned if any useful information about how wizards are actually supposed to pk, or how they operate within squads, gets posted in this gym full of juiced up posers.
  • BlastingWave - Harshlands
    BlastingWave - Harshlands Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Some1 woke up on the worng side of the bed :o
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    god you talk out of your *** too much, why not just concede the fact that you misinterpreted BLOODMYSTIC's position instead of painstakingly trying to save face b:chuckle

your scenario isn't prevalent to the majority who ask for help here. by where you draw your knowledge from that you for whatever reason think makes for a plausible case for people not just in different boats, but on different oceans, an end game archer could make a case that they should roll everybodys face if they irongaurd with wings of protection. you are mentioning a uniquely skewed, limited point of view that you only feel confident speaking about now and expecting it to be the same for every other wizard, please shut the hell up. i don't even want to acknowledge or get into your justification of the comment by saying its easy to reach end game, anybody with a brain would know how misleading quote unquote end game from ENNNNND GAME is.

1) irongaurds aren't as easily accessible to the rest of the world as they may be there. even if they were, all you do is solidify BLOOD's point that to break even you need to go above and beyond which is more than likely not what people asking for an easy time want, durr.

2) you may like to think you're amazing, but fortify is just as easy to bait as red sprint is from a bm, or whatever. only difference is they have an array of other things and genie skills to immobilize you. to call yourself a kiter is hilarious as ****, theres kiting efficiently and then just taking yourself completely out of a fight. learn to differentiate, just because you turn around and gush shot a few lowbs doesn't mean other people will derive the same satisfaction and deem the whole thing "worth it" in regards to why they roll wiz. there are better classes for what they want, end of.

secondly, lol @ preemptive fortify to something you can't time coming (sin), expel is clearly the only viable option for those without the event gear and or refines to tank the initial stun lock. and even at that, its just till whoever you're pking with is able to bail you out.

real wizards know their roles and don't mislead other people into thinking they'll be grateful of their choice just because we, in our unique scenarios, can look like rockstars when it doesn't matter. i'd be damned if any useful information about how wizards are actually supposed to pk, or how they operate within squads, gets posted in this gym full of juiced up posers.

lololololol mad, troll is mad
  • Pearlwood - Lost City
    edited November 2010

That's alot of typing just to basically say: "Don't tell me what to do."

As to paragraph labelled "secondly" (right after the paragraph labelled "2"); I picked off a sin's ambush a couple nights ago with anti-stun. That's not impossible. You just have to be ready with a move.
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I actually never saw your post. I'll stick to saying sins are OP (and psychics), not that mages are gimped in pvp. I do just fine against the original 6 classes imo.

BTW I dont appretiate being quoted out of context.

I don't appreciate the implication that I quoted you out of context. What context would modify "the only thing I'm remotely good at . . . ."? Those modifiers seem to preclude being contradicted by context.

And if there is context that is missing, you're certainly free to post it.

@coolstory - holy rage. I kinda agree, but wow. And roflmfao at "gym full of juiced up posers" line. I wish I had written that. Although Adroit isn't really a poser, he's just somewhat less than candid about wizards sometimes. Lucky for the forums I'm here to keep things . . . balanced.

Now Pearlwood, based on his posts here and elsewhere, has little idea what he is talking about (touting victory over "a sin", for example: meaningless). He will learn though. All in due time.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited November 2010
    1) irongaurds aren't as easily accessible to the rest of the world as they may be there.
    Cool story bro, but cheap people use tranquilizing orbs.
  • Pearlwood - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    I don't appreciate the implication that I quoted you out of context. What context would modify "the only thing I'm remotely good at . . . ."? Those modifiers seem to preclude being contradicted by context.

@coolstory - holy rage. I kinda agree, but wow. And roflmfao at "gym full of juiced up posers" line. I wish I had written that. Although Adroit isn't really a poser, he's just somewhat less than candid about wizards sometimes. Lucky for the forums I'm here to keep things . . . balanced.

Now Pearlwood, based on his posts here and elsewhere, has little idea what he is talking about (touting victory over "a sin", for example: meaningless). He will learn though. All in due time.

LOL I've got 92 levels of ideas. Yes you're 100, I respect that. I concede when necessary, and I argue when I've got the experience to know the difference. Mostly, though, if you read the majority of my posts, I'm asking "how to" questions, of gods like you. Your problem is that you actually believe that you're a god and cannot bring yourself to ever believe that you can be talked to about the subject of wizards because you already know it all.

For instance, I was not "touting" victory over a sin. Your reading of that was ...naturally...wrong. You should work on this. What I said was that picking off a sin's ambush with antistun is not impossible.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited November 2010

Maybe you don't know what context is. Try dictionary.com, has just about any word you could ever imagine there for you to look up. b:cute

You seem to think of yourself as some great mediator or something, but I'm not seeing it honestly. You are just another wizard looking to find/give advice on the wizard forums, and quite frankly.. you really haven't contributed any unique ideas to the community. If you made posts like Amour, the red in your post would be accurate, but you just come off as pompous.
    edited November 2010
    Yes you're 100, I respect that.

That's another mistake. Don't respect someone because of their level. Again, you will learn that as well . . . .

And I have 2 level 100 wizards, so you should respect me twice as much as you thought you should? Silly.

Your problem is that you actually believe that you're a god and cannot bring yourself to ever believe that you can be talked to about the subject of wizards because you already know it all.

Show me a single post where I've said I was "a god" and I'll show you 10 where I have said the opposite. Again, you have no idea what you are talking about and make statements with zero support.
    For instance, I was not "touting" victory over a sin. Your reading of that was ...naturally...wrong. You should work on this. What I said was that picking off a sin's ambush with antistun is not impossible.

You said basically "Wizzies aren't so bad. I have no problem, I beat a sin".

And noone said (or certainly meant) it was literally "impossible". As a tactic that can be relied upon to say anything about whether a wiz can do anything in pk? Yes, its pointless. You could have gotten lucky, the sin could have not known what they were doing or otherwise screwed up, different gear, different level, etc, etc, etc. People that have fought dozens and dozens of skilled, well geared sins will tell you (or you will learn yourself, which was my point), that wizzies have virtually no chance against reasonably well played assassins.
    Maybe you don't know what context is. Try dictionary.com, has just about any word you could ever imagine there for you to look up. b:cute

You seem to think of yourself as some great mediator or something, but I'm not seeing it honestly. You are just another wizard looking to find/give advice on the wizard forums, and quite frankly.. you really haven't contributed any unique ideas to the community. If you made posts like Amour, the red in your post would be accurate, but you just come off as pompous.

Maybe you don't know what "show me" means. It means "put up or shut up". You would rather accuse me of some wrong doing than correct it yourself. I submit it is because I made you look foolish and speaking out of both sides of your mouth and to make an unsupported smear was the only thing you COULD do. So if I'm wrong, SHOW ME. If not, b:shutup

And I don't think of myself as "some great" anything. And call me pompous if you like, but again that is just more name calling.

And as for "unique" ideas, I am not sure there is very much here that is "unique". This game is well enough aged that, aside perhaps from the pointless threads about "new mage skills" (what a colossal waste of time), tell me what "unique" posts there are in the last several months, let alone those posted by you, or what proportion they are in comparison to all of the posts here.

Do THAT, and I am sooooo sure we will see that these forums are only here for contribution of "unique ideas" by you and those you deem worthy.

And you say I come across as pompous . . . .
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • prof
    edited November 2010
    why no reply to my post? I was hoping you'd at least say something outlandish-ly stupid so I can continue to look upon you as nothing but a carebear with a big mouth.

I'm not saying I don't.
    edited November 2010
    why no reply to my post? I was hoping you'd at least say something outlandish-ly stupid so I can continue to look upon you as nothing but a carebear with a big mouth.

I'm not saying I don't.

If your are talking to me, sir, you will have to point me to what post of yours you wish a reply.

And I continue to look upon you as an anonamous poster = just a nothing, no "but" required.
  • prof
    edited November 2010
    long list of prove it's

I can't be anonymous if everybody knows who I am. you're just not cool enough.
  • Pearlwood - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    If your are talking to me, sir, you will have to point me to what post of yours you wish a reply.

And I continue to look upon you as an anonamous poster = just a nothing, no "but" required.

He may be anonymous, but at least he doesn't intentionally misquote what people have actually said. You do come off as pompous when u do that. And since I don't have to respect a level 100, as u said, then I don't have to respect a level 200, which is what you said you are. There! No respect.
    edited November 2010
    And since I don't have to respect a level 100, as u said, then I don't have to respect a level 200, which is what you said you are. There! No respect.

Now your getting it . . . .
    He may be anonymous, but at least he doesn't intentionally misquote what people have actually said. You do come off as pompous when u do that.

But listen here, you little punk. Show me where I misquoted anyone or sthu before I turn you over my knee . . . .
  • Pearlwood - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    Now your getting it . . . .

But listen here, you little punk. Show me where I misquoted anyone or sthu before I turn you over my knee . . . .

Scroll up .. PUNK! Misquoting is what u do. In fact, you did it twice to me on the same statement. That's a double.
  • GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear
    GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I wait for mobs to go afk, then i call over some friends to gank them b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uninstalled Dec-21-10.
This discussion has been closed.