is there any class that can't beat us

12346»

Comments

• Pearlwood - Lost City
    Pearlwood - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Yup, sins are easy. EVERYONE else has it wrong, but THIS FNG has it right.

Adroit, you should really take lessons from him, ijs

Nope. I do know all. Just ask me. Yes, yes, these forums are full of statements by me, saying im pro-pk and know everything there is to know.

No...I just remain positive with the contention that they are not impossible to defeat. So, I continue to look for ways to solve the problem. You make it sound like anytime a Wizard defeats a Sin it is purely a matter of luck.
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    No...I just remain positive with the contention that they are not impossible to defeat. So, I continue to look for ways to solve the problem. You make it sound like anytime a Wizard defeats a Sin it is purely a matter of luck.

Noone said it was "impossible", and even if they did, they certainly didn't mean it literally.

And yes, sometimes a matter of luck. Sometimes its because the sin was underleveled or undergeared. Sometimes its because the sin screwed up.

When you are lvl 100, and you fight a similarly equipped sin that knows what he is doing, you will be dead meat 90% of the time.

The rest, yes, you can call it luck if you wish.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Pearlwood - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    Noone said it was "impossible", and even if they did, they certainly didn't mean it literally.

And yes, sometimes a matter of luck. Sometimes its because the sin was underleveled or undergeared. Sometimes its because the sin screwed up.

When you are lvl 100, and you fight a similarly equipped sin that knows what he is doing, you will be dead meat 90% of the time.

The rest, yes, you can call it luck if you wish.

Well, I'm more concerned about the ultra APS squeezing wizards out of Nirvanna, than the PVP thing. I'd say sins being great at PVP is what they're supposed to do. But the other is an imbalance that needs to be corrected. The "rumors" on the other thread that they are going to nerf APS limit to 3 is one of the best rumors I've heard in a long time.
    edited November 2010
    I'd say sins being great at PVP is what they're supposed to do.

For that, stealth is enough. Force stealth is more than enough. Chi skills, kill me twice, 1 damage bids, teleport, +30 attack levels, etc., etc., etc. is abusive, even for just pk.

Sins should be LA Bms with stealth. That's it.

And 5 aps is also abusive, which is why you see every gd archer now walking around with fists.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Pearlwood - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    For that, stealth is enough. Force stealth is more than enough. Chi skills, kill me twice, 1 damage bids, teleport, +30 attack levels, etc., etc., etc. is abusive, even for just pk.

Sins should be LA Bms with stealth. That's it.

And 5 aps is also abusive, which is why you see every gd archer now walking around with fists.

Adroit put in an explanation of the difference between stealth and force stealth, but I'm still not sure how that works. What is the difference between stealth and force stealth?

Oh and by the way, here's the way we're described in the Assassin's Guide:

"Wizard: Common mistake is going invisible while they're casting, should knife throw > teleport > deep sting instead.A favorable fight for the well-prepared Assassin. The key to victory here is landing that first shot to keep them attempting to kite. Do note that they CAN Distance Shrink (aka Teleport) while immobilized, so be sure to have Shadow Jump maxed to keep up with them. Throat Cut, Deep Sting, Knife Throw, Shadow Teleport, and Headhunt will be your best friends in this fight, as they are all means of interrupting casts. Note that most of the Wizard's most powerful skills have a long cast time, so it'll be plenty of time to nail them with Throatcut if you must. Although, if you're going to interrupt them, be sure to interrupt them early and fast, because once they cast Sutra, they'll be casting 2 very painful spells a second."

The first question I have is; Why does it say that a "common mistake is going invisible while they're casting"?
    edited November 2010
    Adroit put in an explanation of the difference between stealth and force stealth, but I'm still not sure how that works. What is the difference between stealth and force stealth?

I think Assassins have two (2) stealth skills. Think in terms of pyrogram and divine pyrogram maybe.

One just lets them stealth, but not while in combat.

The other lets them stealth while in combat.
    The first question I have is; Why does it say that a "common mistake is going invisible while they're casting"?

Because magic never misses, I think you can still hit a sin with a skill that you've started to cast even if he successfully stealth's before the animation for that skill hits.

It may be that technically, you only still hit the stealthed sin if you have fully channelled the skill and the sin stealths while the skill is casting, idk. Either way, often you will still hit the sin if you click the skill before they stealth.
This discussion has been closed.