Perfect World: Genesis -- New Expansion announced!

Comments

• Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Though it's the only one of their games centered for western audiences... my guess is they just want to copy WoW so time will tell how it turns out. b:chuckle
  • Notgood - Raging Tide
    Notgood - Raging Tide Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    dang you perfect world! making me crawl right back to you D': -starts to play more-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    At least my team doing the Harlem Shake.
  • Lynore - Sanctuary
    Lynore - Sanctuary Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Mystic reminds me Spirit Master class from A.I.O.N<---had to write it this way otherwise it'll be censored. and Seeker...um sounds useless for me
  • Occult - Harshlands
    Occult - Harshlands Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    People need to stop saying Perfect World copied WoW. I'm pretty sure people on the WoW forums don't complain about WoW copying the bible or any other "end world" stories.

End of the World is just what is selling Now-A-Days. That is why the movie 2012 did so good in theaters.
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    People need to stop saying Perfect World copied WoW. I'm pretty sure people on the WoW forums don't complain about WoW copying the bible or any other "end world" stories.

End of the World is just what is selling Now-A-Days. That is why the movie 2012 did so good in theaters.

True. Every MMO borrows idea's from another. WoW took most of its idea's from other games just it did them better
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • woody364
    woody364 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    WAKE UP people!!!! Everyone is 'on the band wagon' about 2012, why not PWI. lol
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    If all characters get a tideborn type look to them after this update I may just rage quit. :P
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    If all characters get a tideborn type look to them after this update I may just rage quit. :P

Fish barbs, lol...

b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Cun - Lost City
    Cun - Lost City Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Blue elves O_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
    Current Goals: none.
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    I just hate they way they stand, and the emo hair...and the armors...ugh. :P

*starts ranting*
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I just hate they way they stand, and the emo hair...and the armors...ugh. :P

*starts ranting*

And the way the psychics flip.. seriously why flip with just one hand it looks like someone cut corners.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Wonder if they also going to change the game mechanic, like some olds mmo out there.

For example there was a mmo receive huge changes after a big expansion.
    - Before the changes, end game players hp barely reach 10k and much more lower for ranger and caster type class.
    - Before changes fast attacking class can almost reaching maximum aspd + high critical + good survive ability.
    - Before changes caster type can deal WTH amount of damage + blocking path so no one can come near.
    - Before changes unique type class can spam skills to win pvp (only in war) as long as they have the item needed.
    - Before changes only 1 melee class can have mount. (since it's part of their skills)
    - Before changes evasion & defense worth more than hp.
    - Before changes there a ranged class that do well in pvp and dominating in pve.

After changes . . . well mostly the opposite of what mentioned above. b:pleased

- End game players hp now can reach 20k, ranger and caster can reach 10k now.
    - Fast attacking class now must chose to have high aspd, or high crit, or survive ability.
    - Now caster type class damage indirectly nerfed because of new items (like how some people here say about 5aspd) but now they can render ranged class useless if played smart + help from other caster class.
    - Now unique class can't just spam skills since the item needed is hard to collect (no cashshop) and most guilds buddy saving the items needed for their friends or sell it for expensive price. (small number of these unique class can't do much in war even if they have plenty items needed)
    - Now almost every class have mount some even have body suit and battle pets.
    - Now HP worth more than defense and evasion. (hp gained huge boost after changes)
    - Now the ranged class gimped on pvp but dominate more in pve.
    + Almost all class get new skills that if buffed correctly can 1 hit or almost 1 hit people, but need many preparation that must be done alone while fighting. (kinda like special gauge in fighting games)

Wonder what changes will genesis borrow to Perfect World . . b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Wonder what changes will genesis borrow to Perfect World . . b:pleased

New Race, New Quest, 2 New Classes, a new playable area, and some new gear. As well as a big sale in the boutiqe and Genesis Packs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    New Race, New Quest, 2 New Classes, a new playable area, and some new gear. As well as a big sale in the boutiqe and Genesis Packs.

I know that, lol. b:chuckle
    It's just from my example on earlier post, is there a chance PW going to not just revamp model but also game mechanic ? b:surrender

Like the caster class casting can't be stopped if already started
    Ranged class can shoot while walking but lower the damage a bit
    Caster can walk while casting now but drain some mp while walking
    Weapon & armor can be imbued permanently with elemental attributes or elements buff (pr temporary with item or skill, but the permanent have stronger element mod)
    Offensive skills without elements now affected by weapon elements
    Boss mob spawn minion each time the hp reach certain % or random
    Evasion more useful now and more viable on pvp, each 1k evasion = 0,3% chance to avoid magic attack
    Area target buffs (buff that stay on certain area) like auto damage if enter or slower move speed
    Changes on status gain for each point spent

But there will be too much QQ i guess . . b:pleased especially if there no free reset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Licker_test - Lost City
    Licker_test - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Is there a chance PW going to not just revamp model but also game mechanic

i agree with you with the MECHANICS of the game....
    that should be with it.
    edited October 2010

i agree with you with the MECHANICS of the game....
    that should be with it.

yah on some online forum, when someone ask about mmorpg recommendation then someone borrow PW into discussion.
    Some people there might going to say about the cash shop influence (but then mention AH is what making PW become a great F2P) but what i see the usual comment is about weird mechanic or people that doesn't like how the pvp works.

Though after some years retired from playing hard core i already forget actually how these gamer sense of games work . . b:laugh
    First time play PW i thought it was very boring even though lots high lv friend to tell me what they do in high lv (up to mid lv, not on PWI) but now it doesn't matter, i just play the game now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited October 2010
    who would play a game where you level slow, cap is 80, and you can only learn a small portion of the skills your class is capable of?

I don't know how this is based for a 'western audience', as it HIGHLY resembles a typical korean grindfest.
    edited October 2010
    prof wrote: »
    who would play a game where you level slow, cap is 80, and you can only learn a small portion of the skills your class is capable of?

I don't know how this is based for a 'western audience', as it HIGHLY resembles a typical korean grindfest.

? Are you post in wrong forum . . these is not FW . . b:surrender
    And by the way FW still a baby so don't expect end game so fast . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FluffiKitty - Heavens Tear
    FluffiKitty - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Expansion comes out.
    Characters load into game.

Nothing but whiteness all around your characters model.

[System] The Duke shouts. You have all lost "The Game" /cackles.
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Haha really Rosemary, I had no idea...never noticed that.

Toss that onto the pile of hate!
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Not proper thread, but who said you level slow? Mostly from quests and events and dailies... hardly any grind. And like I said they are copying WoW with the talent point system (i.e learn only a small portion of 'passive' skills your class is capable of).
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Those of us who were around pre-hyper/frost?

PWI was painfully slow when it came to leveling, until hypers came out with the tideborn bull****.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Obly - Dreamweaver
    Obly - Dreamweaver Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Those of us who were around pre-hyper/frost?

PWI was painfully slow when it came to leveling, until hypers came out with the tideborn bull****.

Yeah, me, it just pains me to see the people now, that leveled to 100 in like 2 months, and have no clue wth they are doing, or how their skills work.

I will make an Alt, seeker prolly, to give PWI one more chance, but, even with Hypers there, no thnx, i like the old system, Questing, DQ's, and just putting in some effort.

Best way to learn how to use your skills? USE THEM!....ugh
    b:victory Once you discover life is meaningless, you will see my point of view!! b:victory

Skills determine a good player, not a creditcard.b:flower
    edited October 2010
    I also likes the old way b:pleased my old characters none of them experience BH (around lv 60) until some weeks passed after the new BH system, then i know what is BH but not all my character do BH even todays.

And currently playing new character just for the feels. b:victory

No oracle or hyper lv up so far. b:surrender
    (well more like i think hyper is expensive for me & it better to not use it until the lv where it so slow like 90+)

In the end i will play Seeker and Mystic when they come out . . b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rasgore - Harshlands
    Rasgore - Harshlands Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    i agre with desdi on page 10 i but alot of work into my barb
    RasgoreThE DeStRoYer [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Juggalobeast - Harshlands
    Juggalobeast - Harshlands Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Its true before hypers everyone had Oracles i got 8 player above 90 all of them but one didnt use hypers atm im useing my barb when hypers first came out i admit i lived in FC but sence that barb is my lowest lv alt shouldnt i have earned the right to freaking hypers after 7 players lol and Yes They shouldnt have made it where sins chould use hypers i mean the first 4 days sin was out there was a lv 101 sin -_- people with no life n no loved ones to spend they money on spending 1000's of$ its honestl;y uncalled for and i tired of sins and all they do is Hide spark teleport stun your *** seal ur *** occalt ice stun you seal you til u die shouldnt the old class's vget new skills also u gotta equel out the system of sins psyics barb cleric wizzys archers veno's make then equel not 1 class that cna pwn all of them thats why ppl quit i know i post alot about sins but if you made it where sins cannot spark at all while invisble taht whould make it equel out but its funny when a barb 3x's n use's his 79 skills sins run away fast i love youtubeing that stuff n funny how a 99 sin can have 5.0 without spark kinda uncalled for people dont make psyics for what they wher emeant for. psyiocs where to replace barb for magic boss's
    barbs got a hard time doing magic boss'sn instead they are made 99% magicisnt that OP?
    alot fo ppl are mad and NOW THEYARE making new class's A Freaking Seeker all youthat will be is a bm on crack with magic how can you say Fail LEAVE CLASS'S alone or equel them all out all the PWI PPL ARE DOING is Slowly Eraseing the old class's wonder if the seeker can be ****? like the bm can be b:pleased
    Bereavement is a darkness impenetrable to the imagination of the unbereaved."

"Life is the curse. Sleep is the remission. Death is the cure."//
    two red roses sitting on my coffin, the wind blows, leaving only one
    the world i know disappears...like the setting sun/
    ■Not all scars show, not all wounds heal Sometimes you can't always see The pain someone feels
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    i agre with desdi on page 10 i but alot of work into my barb

Funny your SiG is Cascade glow armour whice is 100 luner turned in to nirvina With I think OHT polehammer and your barbs lv 78??? Rule 1 dont lie about anything lol

■Not all scars show, not all wounds heal Sometimes you can't always see The pain someone feels
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, me, it just pains me to see the people now, that leveled to 100 in like 2 months, and have no clue wth they are doing, or how their skills work.

I will make an Alt, seeker prolly, to give PWI one more chance, but, even with Hypers there, no thnx, i like the old system, Questing, DQ's, and just putting in some effort.

Best way to learn how to use your skills? USE THEM!....ugh

That i repect you like doing it the good old way learn your class feel it lol You know what you can and connot do i might make a seeker i got about 15000 oracles i'v saved over the years lol i dotn liek them but jsut wanna get a seeker to 60 see how they ar ein pvp
    b:victory if there good ill quest n everything farm on my barb

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    The land of Perfect World will suffer destruction the likes of which has never been seen. The code will be torn apart, leaving massive glitches across its surface. The world chats will rage with turmoil and the packs will swallow everything in their path. The races of the world, thrown into chaos, will not understand what is happening to their beautiful world.

O.O Your so freaking right lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alusia - Lost City
    Alusia - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2010

I wonder where their home will be located in the end..
    My guess is this (marked area on the left):

792vsmuv.jpg

Would make sense, since we got plenty of unused space down there with lots of sand and canyons around which would fit a race called "earthguard". Also there's a river that would match the artwork:

j3wsrukv.jpg

The isle-like area to the right could be setting for a new dungeon (Genesis gear?)

I'm so curious what their aerogear will be.. Please not another race that uses wings b:surrender

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.