Perfect World: Genesis -- New Expansion announced!

Comments

• Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    new classes again.. whoopdy doo...

wtf is a "guild base"?

umm if you have played a game like DFS(o,u). a guild can buy a house and use it as a base. and it can be decorated etc.so im guessing this will be similar.

although we were supposed to have a housing system, that ended up being for pay to play only b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Sophocles - Raging Tide
    Sophocles - Raging Tide Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    PROTIP:

the term 'genesis' does not just refer to THE beginning.
    it also refers to NEW beginning.
    what generally happens after armageddon?
    a new beggining.

or you can refer to the mayan word, 'apocalypto' which literally means new beginning. usually in a new beginning something had to be erased from existence for it to happen.
  • earo
    earo Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Except... in PW 2012... it's the opposite... it's the other way around.

The something... isn't erased, but re-appeared from existence. (the new race's "second life")
  • FlyRanger - Dreamweaver
    FlyRanger - Dreamweaver Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Every server has their own QQers -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I upload a vid of a rank 9 3rd cast seeker fight, 90 views.
    I upload a vid of me in my boxers, 750 views.
    I know what the PWI community wants.

b:laugh
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    PROTIP:

the term 'genesis' does not just refer to THE beginning.
    it also refers to NEW beginning.
    what generally happens after armageddon?
    a new beggining.

or you can refer to the mayan word, 'apocalypto' which literally means new beginning. usually in a new beginning something had to be erased from existence for it to happen.

PROTIP

apocalypto was a movie. the word come from the greek word Ἀποκάλυψις (Apocalypsis) which actually means a prophetic discourse or revelation. in english it is used in the connotation of worldwide destruction, catastrophe or cataclysm. it got this meaning from the writings of the Apostle John in the Book of the Revelation as end of the world prophecy was revealed to him. as a side not this book is called "Apocolypse" in Greek and was translated to Revelation.

yea I'm a nerd b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Imnorine - Dreamweaver
    Imnorine - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    We can't announce any release date yet, but I can absolutely assure you it's not gonna be in 2012 (it'll be sooner than that, of course) b:victory

The 2012 concept is a world-wide phenomenon. Most things using the concept get it out either ASAP or at least before that year.

So don't worry about that rumor, it's false.

Seeing as how PWI is VERY good with connecting released material (dates) in every supported region, expect it to come very quickly after China releases it.

There is a rumor China is releasing it in December. If they work magic like they did with Rising Tide, the team should get it in before summer, definitely.

Also, PW team:

The new race is amazing! The third eye concept would seem awkward, but you make it look so cool! I can tell this is a race for those of a specific mind ;)

Also, it has occurred to me that each race seems to represent an element of their own. This is my theoretical match-up:

Human - Fire

Untamed - Wood

Winged Elves - Metal

Tideborn - Water

Earthguard - Earth

Untamed and WE are based on one of their final mage-class skills.

WE gives a boost to Metal and Untamed gives a boost to Wood.

However, the element Metal is represented by the White Tiger and the element Wood is associated with the wind and other things the WE represent.

This is an issue I can't figure out.

Anyhow, my REAL question for the team concerns those elements.

There is a specific "Energy" for each of the elements.

Wood is Generative
    Fire is Expansive
    Metal is Contracting
    Water is Conserving

and Earth is Stabilizing.

Chinese 2012 hints as if the coming of Earthguard is connected with a a phase of destruction.

However, GENESIS deems it as a phase of creation.

If you can, please answer this question:

Will the new release be a phase of Creation (stabilization) or Destruction (destabilization)?
  • kanel321
    kanel321 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010

I wonder where their home will be located in the end..
    My guess is this (marked area on the left):

792vsmuv.jpg

Would make sense, since we got plenty of unused space down there with lots of sand and canyons around which would fit a race called "earthguard". Also there's a river that would match the artwork:

j3wsrukv.jpg

The isle-like area to the right could be setting for a new dungeon (Genesis gear?)

I'm so curious what their aerogear will be.. Please not another race that uses wings b:surrender

My guess for location .. west of town of arrivals . Mount is hard to figure out but if possible i just want a giant sand worm from dune as my land mount.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    In some of arts bellow it seem the world is full of turmoil, but it also show there a more advanced civilization than the current perfect world civilization.
    I guess those kind of art is showing like what is the future world where earthguard coming from.
    Or that was a revamp of the perfect world realm in the genesis expansion.

Forget to say thanks you for the link Ao
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Alusia - Lost City
    Alusia - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    kanel321 wrote: »
    My guess for location .. west of town of arrivals . Mount is hard to figure out but if possible i just want a giant sand worm from dune as my land mount.

Lol yea, Dune rocks b:victory
    So for aerogear maybe a winged sandworm? xD Or a flying Gargoyle..
    Or they don't have a real mount, but some floating stuff that is surrounding them.
    In varieties of color, denseness, type (flame, wind with leaves, grains of sand etc.)
    I love to speculate about these things a lot.

And I agree with people who say the overall graphics need some work on them.
    Degrades the old classes when the new races are more detailed. But on the other hand, old races have more options of modifications.. yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Minzo - Sanctuary
    Minzo - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Sorry if this has been asked already I couldn't find it anywhere >_>
    But I heard somewhere theres gonna be a patch for friday? is this true?
    Does anyone know the right time or w/e it is o.O
    b:angry Google's your best friend b:angry
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Sorry if this has been asked already I couldn't find it anywhere >_>
    But I heard somewhere theres gonna be a patch for friday? is this true?
    Does anyone know the right time or w/e it is o.O

maybe you're referring to this?

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=902962

not a patch but yeah.
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I like how the Seeker looks on PWI's homepage. If it looks like that when we get it...I'm down. Feeling the double claymore idea. :)
  • Olivassin - Heavens Tear
    Olivassin - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    More info, dudes!

First some screenshots [that maybe they tell us the world is not completely changing] World

Then new skills! This time from seeker:
    Blade - gather strength and instant casting body, attack on the target attached to the underlying physical cause equipment damage plus 10% of 572.6 spell damage and 20% to 40% slow for 8 seconds.
      Learning Level: 1,6,11,16,21,26,31,36,41,46
      Macrophages magic - the power of the power of the five elements attached to the sword on the basis of the enemy magic attacks caused 10% of the equipment attached to attack power, and a 10% chance the target mana reduced by 35% for 8 seconds.
      Learning Level: 1,7,11,17,21,27,31,37,41,47
      World Promise- detonated their own magic, and instantly improve their physical defense of 10% and 10% of the magic defense, attack power reduced by 3% while for 15 minutes.
      Learning Level: 3,8,13,18,23,28,33,38,43,48
      Heaven and earth, by law- set off their own magic, and instantly improve their physical defense against 20% 10% magic attack, and defense by 8% for 15 minutes.
      Learning Level: 4,9,14,19,24,29,34,39,44,49
      Xuanbing Enchantment- detonated their own magic, as the center to form its own enchantment, hurt by 20% for 15 seconds.
      Learning Level: 7,12,17,22,27,32,37,42,47,52
      TCC for video- the power of the five elements unite the whole body, will swap his position with the goal of 30% and 20% chance to slow down.
      Learning Level: 9,16,23,30,37,44,51,58,65,72
      Broken sword style- unite the whole body strength, physical attacks based on the target attached to a 10% increase attack power equipment, the five elements of 506.3 damage. Interrupt the goals and objectives of the current cast of 10 meters repel
      Learning Level: 13,18,23,28,33,38,43,48,53,58
      Swing the sword type- pool body forces to target all enemies within 8 meters 20% of the equipment causing damage both physical damage plus 509.6, 80% chance of causing stun the enemy for 2 seconds.
      Learning Level: 17,22,27,32,37,42,47,52,57,62
      Lift up sword style- unite the body force, causing 20% of the target equipment, attack power, while 15% chance of bleeding the enemy cause physical damage for 8 seconds.
      Sword surgery- Coherent body magic, its own flight speed increased by 10%, the skills can only be used in the air.
      Learning Level: 23,28,33,38,43,48,53,58,63,68
      Qian Kun Da Nuo- coherent body forces so that their movement speed increase of 20% for 15 seconds.And immune to all negative status
      Learning Level: 27,32,37,42,47,52,57,62,67,72
      Determined to win- coherent body of energy, forming a huge blade on the target and all enemies within 6 meters around the basic physical attack causing 8% of the equipment attached attack
      Learning Level: 29,34,39,44,49,54,59,64,69,74
      Million were owned by the sword- the power of the five elements unite the whole body to form Jian Zhen and around the target all enemies within 8 meters of basic physical attack causing 10% of attached equipment damage. And 8% chance to seal the enemy for 5 seconds.
    Sword master- Physical damage increased by 5%
    Learning Level: 24,34,39,44,49,54,59,64,69,74

And some from seeker:
      Ice Blade
      Ice Shield
      Eye of Truth
      Eye of the mind
      Trapped inside living beings
      Flicker
      Double click Addict
    10fallen flowers--- the power of cohesion of wood projecting a spiritual light, the front line of the enemy within the 200% spell damage caused by an additional 4268 lines of wood damage and paralysis opponents for 5 seconds.
    10Enchantment Mantra--- charm a level no greater than their Wraith to fight for you, continue to 300 seconds, 100% probability of success,on the BOSS, the elite-level players Wraith and void, and one can only charm Wraith, Wraith will own after the time to dissipate.Cast some real dollars in the skills needed
    10body care Heart CharmHeart Charm --- the use of secret spiritual family law, and the blessings of their teammates around 10 meters, increase defense rating by 10 points, attack rating increased by 5 for 30 minutes.

10Charm beings--- The eyes savings of the whole body aura, charm and around the target within 12 meters of the enemy, for all its fixed body in which the enemy for 10 seconds, and make it into a weak state, defense rating by 20 for 10 seconds.The skills needed to cast two real dollars.

By now its copy-paste from chinese to english translated... will try to translate properly later, now i'm off to work b:avoid

source
  • Cun - Lost City
    Cun - Lost City Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    http://i54.tinypic.com/6hlwy0.jpg looks like a veno casting a skill o.o
    http://i55.tinypic.com/slqy6x.jpg wizard looking .-.
    http://i55.tinypic.com/1z82f9.jpg meditate or casting a skill :o

stole your source xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
    Current Goals: none.
    edited October 2010
    stole your source xD

b:infuriated b:cry

b:chuckle
  • Sherilys - Raging Tide
    Sherilys - Raging Tide Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I wish they could revamp the old classes skills animations Q_Q

Tideborns and Earthguards have fresh and nice animations while my cleric still does some ugly and outdated skills animations b:cry
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    o.o

first pic could be a boss
    second pic looks like he going to go berserk and kill somebody o.o
    last one ... not sure ... o.o WARSOUL WEAPON.
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    Bagoly_ - Sanctuary Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    "10fallen flowers--- the power of cohesion of wood projecting a spiritual light, the front line of the enemy within the 200% spell damage caused by an additional 4268 lines of wood damage and paralysis opponents for 5 seconds.
    10Enchantment Mantra--- charm a level no greater than their Wraith to fight for you, continue to 300 seconds, 100% probability of success,on the BOSS, the elite-level players Wraith and void, and one can only charm Wraith, Wraith will own after the time to dissipate.Cast some real dollars in the skills needed
    10body care Heart CharmHeart Charm --- the use of secret spiritual family law, and the blessings of their teammates around 10 meters, increase defense rating by 10 points, attack rating increased by 5 for 30 minutes.

10Charm beings--- The eyes savings of the whole body aura, charm and around the target within 12 meters of the enemy, for all its fixed body in which the enemy for 10 seconds, and make it into a weak state, defense rating by 20 for 10 seconds.The skills needed to cast two real dollars."

What? -.-'
  • Xpence - Archosaur
    Xpence - Archosaur Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I would come back to this game again only if they make new servers ,where the greediness ,bugs and lack of end game content dont take dramatic proportions.A new expansion wont fill in old gaps.This is like building a new floor on a cracked house...
    Xpence-lvl94cleric(retired thx to crappy ups...sigh.. could be a nice game..)[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    The skills needed to cast two real dollars.
    What? -.-'

Yeah, it costs 2 gold to cast that skill b:shocked

Nah, just a bad translation by google b:chuckle
    Dollars = Sparks
    so 1 dollar = 1 spark
    2 dollars = 2 sparks
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    Bagoly_ - Sanctuary Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, it costs 2 gold to cast that skill b:shocked

Nah, just a bad translation by google b:chuckle
    Dollars = Sparks
    so 1 dollar = 1 spark
    2 dollars = 2 sparks

I translated the page to my language after I saw your post and the result was the same.
    Btw extra skills in the cashshop... that would be so... pwe.
    edited October 2010
    I translated the page to my language after I saw your post and the result was the same.
    Btw extra skills in the cashshop... that would be so... pwe.

Ugh i am losing moral . . b:surrender
    Psychic = Refine
    Earthguard = Skill need gold ? b:surrender
    Or what they mean is coin ? I don't feel the skill really worth the gold . . b:surrender

Enchantment Mantra is make the wraith become your temp pet rights, 100% success, last for 300 second not working on bosses ? But 1 gold for that ?

Charm beings is a aoe 12meter de buff to lower enemy defense (lv i guess ?) by 20 for 10 second, but 2 gold for that ?

I guess what they mean is coin not gold ? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Ugh i am losing moral . . b:surrender
    Psychic = Refine
    Earthguard = Skill need gold ?
    Or what they mean is coin ? I don't feel the skill really worth the gold . . b:surrender

Enchantment Mantra is make the wraith become your temp pet rights, 100% success, last for 300 second not working on bosses ? But 1 gold for that ?

Charm beings is a aoe 12meter de buff to lower enemy defense (lv i guess ?) by 20 for 10 second, but 2 gold for that ?

I guess what they mean is coin not gold ? b:surrender

o.O i allredy said it's a misstranslation by google, it doesn't say "dollars" it says "sparks" b:sweat

If you translate any other skill that costs sparks from chinese to english, google will translate it as dollars.

Don't worry, you don't have to pay gold nor coins to cast those skills, only SPARKS, as any other class
    edited October 2010
    Oh nice, i am glad Olivassin post reply again. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I like all the aoes and self buffs the seeker seems to have, along with 5 elemental attacks.

Main reason I play me sin is so I can get a break from the pew pew and go in close to mix it up.

Would rather do it with aoes and HA instead on relying on blood paint to cover my ***...assin. I'm gonna love both new classes, and hopefully the racism will not be as prevalent this time around.

Seriously when TB came out you'd think we were all playing Tetris and they just came out with straight pieces. Those damn OP straight pieces Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I really can't wait for this but, the graphic for them imo are a bit crappy. :\
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
    edited October 2010
    I really can't wait for this but, the graphic for them imo are a bit crappy. :\

well the expansion has end of the world themes . .
    or they just take too many FW influences . . b:surrender
    know it called perfect forsaken b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alusia - Lost City
    Alusia - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    hopefully the racism will not be as prevalent this time around.

Seriously when TB came out you'd think we were all playing Tetris and they just came out with straight pieces. Those damn OP straight pieces Q_Q

When I think about that people QQ already about the seeker being soo OP with HA and magic and the Mystic replacing Venos, I can hardly imagine there won't be racism. People will find a reason to hate everything new anyway. And it will be mostly the people seeing their own advantages going "poof" in the near future so they aren't the only OPs anymore. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Notgood - Raging Tide
    Notgood - Raging Tide Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    just guessing of the name but will mystics have rez ? hopefully they will ;D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    At least my team doing the Harlem Shake.
This discussion has been closed.