Perfect World: Genesis -- New Expansion announced!

Options

Comments

• DeadSound - Lost City
    DeadSound - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    QFT. I'd only try new classes if they can actually naturally counter sins.

Who knows they might even add some skills to the existing class to knock sins out of stealth.
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Mystic seems to be a summoner+healer type class. ima assume they will be able to summon magic type monsters that are not any of the world monsters that veno tame, but custom type monsters. kinda similar to another game where the player would summon a random monster made of pure light to atk people. although it was more of an attack rather then an actual summon. soon as it atked it went away. maybe mystic will have a variation of this and have the magic monster on the field for a certain amount of time? maybe even multiple monsters atking the target at once where as veno can only have 1.

the seeker is obviously a tank variant. paladin type maybe? they might come with shields, who knows. im guessing he will have better defense then a BM but lower HP then tiger form barbs. and judging from the other translations his skills mainly revolve around debuffs/status effects like bleed/poison/etc and increasing his defense using earth elemented buffs.

i will bet money that seekers will become more popular then the barbs. of course if im guessing it right the barbs will still have "aggro control" over a seeker as seeker wont have any skills to keep aggro of a boss on him.

as for mystic? well its hard to say if mystic will become more popular choice then clerics, but if that "summoning" theory is correct i can definitely see it happening.

so to sum it all up for the TL;DR people:

mystic= cleric+psy+veno

seeker=barb+BM.

rather they are more powerful then the tideborn is yet to be seen. but from the looks of it they might come in a VERY close 2nd.
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Mystic seems to be a summoner+healer type class. ima assume they will be able to summon magic type monsters that are not any of the world monsters that veno tame, but custom type monsters. kinda similar to another game where the player would summon a random monster made of pure light to atk people. although it was more of an attack rather then an actual summon. soon as it atked it went away. maybe mystic will have a variation of this and have the magic monster on the field for a certain amount of time? maybe even multiple monsters atking the target at once where as veno can only have 1.

the seeker is obviously a tank variant. paladin type maybe? they might come with shields, who knows. im guessing he will have better defense then a BM but lower HP then tiger form barbs. and judging from the other translations his skills mainly revolve around debuffs/status effects like bleed/poison/etc and increasing his defense using earth elemented buffs.

i will bet money that seekers will become more popular then the barbs. of course if im guessing it right the barbs will still have "aggro control" over a seeker as seeker wont have any skills to keep aggro of a boss on him.

as for mystic? well its hard to say if mystic will become more popular choice then clerics, but if that "summoning" theory is correct i can definitely see it happening.

so to sum it all up for the TL;DR people:

mystic= cleric+psy+veno

seeker=barb+BM.

rather they are more powerful then the tideborn is yet to be seen. but from the looks of it they might come in a VERY close 2nd.

._. yeah we make it earth color and call it something snazzy like Earth Vector or Gaia Smash. b:chuckle
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • BlindFate - Sanctuary
    BlindFate - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Earthguard be interesting if they had a earth like look to them since the Tideborn have a fish look. As for the two classes a mage type tanker could be an interesting addition but don't think they're going to replace the barb any. A cleric/pys/veno now that could truely rook was hoping for another tamer/summer class when the Tideborn came out but with both male female's in stead of another gender specific race like the Untamed. To be able to summin with out taming something would be interesting and lead people to think the Veno's where being replace b:chuckle.
  • NiteMareish - Sanctuary
    NiteMareish - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Ehh..... We'll see. <.<
    And to reflect is to regret... Throwing it all away..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I always love new classes. Has anyone found any evidence of possible skills for the classes? And since I'm too lazy to read the whole thread, here's one vote (or one more) for expanding the number of characters we can have!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Earthguard be interesting if they had a earth like look to them since the Tideborn have a fish look. As for the two classes a mage type tanker could be an interesting addition but don't think they're going to replace the barb any. A cleric/pys/veno now that could truely rook was hoping for another tamer/summer class when the Tideborn came out but with both male female's in stead of another gender specific race like the Untamed. To be able to summin with out taming something would be interesting and lead people to think the Veno's where being replace b:chuckle.

Wow...are you kidding? 5 aps past 90 already did that, lol. We have to go claw/fist and demon to keep up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • WraithTanker - Sanctuary
    WraithTanker - Sanctuary Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    wonder if this expansion will be when we get Dragon Points
  • Ahknatn - Heavens Tear
    Ahknatn - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    any of u realise that the book "genesis" is the book in the bible that talks about "2012"?

just pointing it outb:chuckle
  • Phaon - Dreamweaver
    Phaon - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I has a vision of earth guardian packs in the future ...
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    any of u realise that the book "genesis" is the book in the bible that talks about "2012"?

genesis means beginning or birth, not the end of the Mayan calendar.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited October 2010
    Options
    in every game i've ever played with large, dual-wielded swords like this new class, they have a knock-down skill

anti-sin? anti-everything.
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    prof wrote: »
    in every game i've ever played with large, dual-wielded swords like this new class, they have a knock-down skill

anti-sin? anti-everything.

You must be mistaken, there are no other games like pwi.

+1 brownie point
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    You must be mistaken, there are no other games like pwi.

+1 brownose point

Fixed. b:chuckle

Sorry couldn't help it.b:surrender

Have you actually ever read the Bible?

And no not the table of contents (hell even that would tell you you were wrong x.x)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    If they really going to revamp every class model, i wonder is the character customization will borrow over or going to reset every character looks to default and each player must edit their existing character before genesis ? (free or not ?)

Or every class will have less customization like tideborn ?
    Or tideborn will have standard customization that every class have, which mean every class too after revamp ?

I guess these is what called big changes to keep up with other new mmo ? Wait . . there no other mmo i forgot . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Have you actually ever read the Bible?

And no not the table of contents (hell even that would tell you you were wrong x.x)

Thank you for posting this. I was going to before I read your post. Genesis talks about the beginning of the world. Revelations (of John, The) talks about the end...And where the heck did you (the poster who posted that preposterous nonsense) read that in the Bible anyway? o.O

Case in point, the world ending in 2012 is a prediction based on the Mayan calendar, which has nothing whatsoever to do with Biblical events. In simple words: Mayans didn't even make this prediction. Who knows, maybe they just got bored and didn't extend their calendar any further. It was people through the years that decided that the Mayan calendar was the decisive authority on the end of the world. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • sugard
    sugard Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I really doubt that the Seekers will be magic oriented...I mean look at the chinese site. Did you SEE the size of that sword?
  • kanel321
    kanel321 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    sugard wrote: »
    I really doubt that the Seekers will be magic oriented...I mean look at the chinese site. Did you SEE the size of that sword?

Lots of clerics and venos with magical swords so ...

However if u look at the other classes normally 1 is physical and the other magical

---

The problem here is that the last expansion was so poorly implemented . Rising tide came out and wasn't completed for over a yr after its release. I can already see the signs that things do not bode well for this expansion :

1. Chinese site is still light years ahead of in-game info : seriously after all these years PWI -c'mon now I design websites on the side so its not too hard to get that info up and translated. Take a few hours since the source is already done .

2. still no sign of player involvement .. what happened to all the podcast and stuff that they were doing .. were is the question and answer thread for info where the GM's will contact the devs and provide them with questions that we have.

I personally think this is going to be another rising tide situation where we have to use google translate to get our info and then months later we still don't have it ... sad...b:cry
  • earo
    earo Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    YAY for Googles....

LOL...

and... the Mystic... sounded more and more like... "warlocks"... LOL.

BTW... even me who doesn't read the bible know the difference between "Genesis" and "2012"...
  • Minimus - Sanctuary
    Minimus - Sanctuary Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    - New monsters and gear

I wonder if the new gear may be better than Nirvana/R8? b:question b:chuckle
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    Ao - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm glad that the classes look a lot like Humans and Elves, not some strange alien creatures from another dimension or some rock golems. lol They look so pale, when was the last time they got some sun? b:chuckle

I couldn't disagree more. >.> But I love the way they look anyway, although I was very disappointed at first. We have too many human-like races and I was expecting that they won't be anthropomorphic at all, something like huge glowing rocks or shapeshifting all the time as they level. OR could be just me having a problem with people looking human. b:surrender

Love the moth-like clothes, very beautiful IMO and I'm 90% sure they will have butterfly wings as shown on this artwork here: http://w2i.wanmei.com/resources/jpg/101025/10021287974303698.jpg as well as the first image on the PWI blog.
    o.O anybody notice the classes using tideborn hair? file hax!
    wonder if this means that hair wont be class specific anymore b:dirty

Could be, but PW China lets players edit their characters the way they want, so hair is not class specific for them anyway, it's more like our own *problem* here. xD I like it more the way it is now, with editing the .ini file being bannable on PWI because PW China looks like a circus, definitely not beautiful... b:shutup
    Edit: I also noticed how small the brilliant plumes seem to be on that archer... o.o

Indeed, this just can't stop bugging me. o.o I do hope for some changes but if they mess up with resizing and stuff people won't be happy, some things are good the way they are now so I really hope they won't touch mounts and wings, they can't re-code the whole game anyway. xD I hope it looks different only in this 3D preview. ^^
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I wonder if the new gear may be better than Nirvana/R8? b:question b:chuckle

I'm guessing it will be only available for level 105 b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm guessing it will be only available for level 105 b:shocked

And it'll require 2nd cast Nirvana to make b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Satalia - Heavens Tear
    Satalia - Heavens Tear Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Another news page on Wanmei

Source:http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20101026/56287.shtml

Click image for full size, translated via Google (rawr!)

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/890/perfectworld2012feature.png

And another ....

Source:http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20101025/56248.shtml

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/6403/perfectworld2012citedth.png

All just snippets of info to tease us >.>

P.S. Looking forward to the new site design here too xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    Ao - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Hmmmm I might be overanalyzing things but I noticed that in the preview page you can only see the Earthguard by default, all other races are gray. In order to "unlock" the other races you have to click on the third eye and then they become available. This gave me the impression Eartguard will be needed to unleash new powers, probably new skills in other races... who knows. b:pleased

Also there is more artwork if you click on the other buttons and it changes - the picture with the towers shows everything in ruins but suddenly a light comes in and the scenery is rebuild with flowing rivers and greenery. The other artwork features something like a destroyed cathedral but suddenly crystals start shining, the cracks in walls/etc. are gone and it is rebuild. I wonder what that is and whether it has anything to do with the actual gameplay.
  • skyraiserdm
    skyraiserdm Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I've checked the 3D character viewer:
    http://event51.wanmei.com/w2i/201010/mingyun/index.htm

and the new race looks more like fishies and not like worms...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Curaja - Raging Tide
    Curaja - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Wow, I looked at that 3D viewer, are they giving the old classes a makeover? b:surprised.
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    b:surrender Sorry they look the same to me.

b:dirty But the Archer looks bad *** in its Red Armor & Bow.
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    b:surrender Sorry they look the same to me.

b:dirty But the Archer looks bad *** in its Red Armor & Bow.

Rank 9 g16 gear, as is what the barb is wearing.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
This discussion has been closed.