Perfect World: Genesis -- New Expansion announced!

Comments

• I_Snipe - Lost City
    I_Snipe - Lost City Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    im dissapointed the seeker is a dual sword class. i was hoping 1 sword and a shield or something. it really seems like seeker will be the sword BMs older brother.
    im still sticking with my guess that the seeker will use a magic sword and then a melee blade (2 blade class) that can cast as well as deal melee damage; being able to switch between the two....and if i am right... i am so effing excited b:dirty

um... did you guys read the front page?
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=140131
    PWi wrote:
    The Seeker, possessing incredible strength, expertly wields a massive two-handed claymore. His weapon can be infused with various arcane powers, which, in combination with heavy armor, makes him a fearsome force on any battlefield. Seekers can be male or female.
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited November 2010

ok just seen that. still doesnt explain why he wields 2 of them tho in just about all the artwork we see of him. in one artwork he is weilding 2 of them which displays him as having MASSIVE strenth if he can wield 2 handed claymores and another has him wearing one on his back and the other in his hands. his skills even suggest that he has different "sword styles". so id just like an explanation of why he has TWO two- handed claymores.
  • Orlin - Dreamweaver
    Orlin - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I have to say I'm a little disappointed on the look of the new class. I would have liked them to look less human and more rock monster like.
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited November 2010

thanks- i read it and a lot of other things, seen a lot of pictures blah blah blah :) but again... thanks

the massive two handed claymore (sword) is one of the swords- but then why include in the artwork a magic sword (that is equipped and then shown on his back)... just sayin- i think people are able to freely discuss what they think right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • I_Snipe - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    ok just seen that. still doesnt explain why he wields 2 of them tho in just about all the artwork we see of him. in one artwork he is weilding 2 of them which displays him as having MASSIVE strenth if he can wield 2 handed claymores and another has him wearing one on his back and the other in his hands. his skills even suggest that he has different "sword styles". so id just like an explanation of why he has TWO two- handed claymores.

keep in mind that the Concept Artwork is just that. Artwork. It is not entirely accurate. For example, on one of the loading screens [or somewhere else, i don't remember], you clearly see a Veno holding, not a magic weapon, but Daggers.
  • SomebodyTwo - Lost City
    SomebodyTwo - Lost City Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    keep in mind that the Concept Artwork is just that. Artwork. It is not entirely accurate. For example, on one of the loading screens, you clearly see a Veno holding, not a magic weapon, but Daggers.

lol yeah that picture is funny.
    My YT Page: "youtube.com/user/somebodythe5th" I have HD PWI/Minecraft Videos
    I am a non-cashshopper. I registered on: 08-26-2008 22:21:23
    "Only those who worked hard for their power are worth to be respected..." - Wolfssohn - Sanctuary
    "When life gives you lemon, set up a catshop and sell lemonade at 15% markup." Okeano - Harshlands
    Also, Minecraft is awesome.
  • PsychedHarpy - Heavens Tear
    PsychedHarpy - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I lold.... HARD they can infuse their swords with magical enchantements... they mean Gems, like everyone else right? LMFAO Seekers are overarted. Mystic for the win
  • I_Snipe - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    I lold.... HARD they can infuse their swords with magical enchantements... they mean Gems, like everyone else right? LMFAO Seekers are overarted. Mystic for the win

actually no. think of an archer. An Archer has a bunch of physical skill trees, plus a dedicated Metal [magic] skill tree that converts all physical damage into Metal damage.

Now apply that to the Seeker. The skill set will probably consist of few skills adding Elemental DoT's, or ___ Physical damage + ___ Elemental damage, or maybe even a dedicated Magic tree like Archers.
  • Orlin - Dreamweaver
    Orlin - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Are the bases going to be cash shop items or just something that needs a lot of coins to get?
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Thank you for Olivassin post on page 41.

I try to make it easier to read, i think the current seeker is like these :
    (guess all skill on lv 1)

Blade : Atk + 10% more damage + skill damage + over time slow 20% to 40% for 8 second.

Macrophages magic : Atk + 10% elemental damage + 10% chance to reduce target mana by 35% (max ?) for 8 second. (wonder if what it mean by 10% elemental damage is like boosting seeker skills damage by 10% as long these debuff active, since for now i dunno if there elemental skills other than these)

World Promise : Buff phy def 10% + mag def 10% but atk -3% for 15 minute.

Heaven and earth : Buff phy def 20% + mag def 10% + def lv 8 for 15 minute.

Xuanbing Enchantment : ??? i guess these like aoe effect that making everyone around seeker including seeker them self receive 20% more damage for 15 second

TCC for video : 30% chance to swap position with target player but has 20% chance to slow target player instead (guess 50% nothing happen ? or just between those 2)

Broken sword style : Guess an centered aoe that deal phy atk + skill damage + 10% of weapon atk + chance to cancel any skill within 10 meter range

Swing the sword type : Another centered aoe that deal phy atk + skill damage + 20% weapon atk + chance to stun for 2 second players within 8 meter range

Lift up sword style : phy atk + 20% weapon atk + 15% bleed chance for 8 second

Sword surgery : fly speed + 10%

Qian Kun Da Nuo : Move speed + 20% for 15 seconds, immune to all negative status.

Determined to win : A targeted aoe (6 meter) dealing phy atk + 8% weapon atk

Million were owned by the sword : A targeted aoe (8 meter) dealing phy atk + 10% weapon atk + 8% chance to seal enemy for 5 second

Sword mastery : phy damage increased by 5%
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Olivassin - Heavens Tear
    Olivassin - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Ohhh the seeker cosplay is so beautiful! b:pleased Here is some artwork of the new classes I guess.

She looks like an elf but has no wings in her hair and has the same tiara that Eartguards have. All females are shown except for TBs: http://world2.wanmei.com/resources/jpg/100819/10031282203908612.jpg

Her tiara close up: http://world2.wanmei.com/resources/jpg/100819/10031282203626123.jpg

And yes, they will have elf-like wings: http://world2.wanmei.com/resources/jpg/100826/10031282809540291.jpg

Possibly a seeker: http://world2.wanmei.com/resources/jpg/100819/10031282202621068.jpg

All this stuff is non-related to this expansion.
    Look at the "wanna be" seeker, it doesn't have a third eye, while all seekers on artworks do have

look at the domain of those pictures. "world2" it's the domain of the Pay to play version of PW-CN

and ty vm for the interpretation MoonUsagi :3
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Me want to see mystic skills!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    My guess on the raw translate of mystic skills :

LV 10 fallen flowers : Wood element magic, m.atk + 200% weapon m.atk + 4268 + paralyze target for 5 seconds. These skill seem not just 1 target but a line aoe and i wonder about paralyze, since usually it mean stop moving or very slow. But if stop then these is really good b:shocked 5 second.

LV 10 Enchantment Mantra : Charm a wraith to join your side for 300 seconds, 100% chance. Not working on boss and elite wraith. Need 1 spark. (I don't really get what happen after 300 seconds, is the wraith will lost control or just disappear)

LV 10 Body Care Heart Charm : Buff team within 10 meter of the caster, Defense LV 10 + Attack LV 5 for 30 minute.

LV 10 Charm Beings : Seem aoe (12 meter) skills, cause enemy inside the aoe range to stay where theystand for 10 seconds + lower enemy def lv by 20 for 10 seconds, need 2 spark.

Still no clue on healing skills . . b:surrender but the team buff already going to make it nice to find Mystic inside a squad ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Ohhh the seeker cosplay is so beautiful! b:pleased Here is some artwork of the new classes I guess.

She looks like an elf but has no wings in her hair and has the same tiara that Eartguards have. All females are shown except for TBs: http://world2.wanmei.com/resources/jpg/100819/10031282203908612.jpg

Her tiara close up: http://world2.wanmei.com/resources/jpg/100819/10031282203626123.jpg

And yes, they will have elf-like wings: http://world2.wanmei.com/resources/jpg/100826/10031282809540291.jpg

Possibly a seeker: http://world2.wanmei.com/resources/jpg/100819/10031282202621068.jpg

the last ones a bm.. and the girl has elf wings on her head.. just saying b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alusia - Lost City
    Alusia - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    another thing that bothers me is the wings. like realy? it was bad enought on the tideborn but u have to put them on the earthguard to? come on be more creative... have the ride the wind currents or have them control sand/chunks of earth and fly on that or something. thats just plain lazyness and will cause mass confusion now that 3 races have wings.

Yeah, Earthguards having wings would disappoint me as well. There are so many other possibilities. Like someone else here said (similar to what I suggested earlier), why not let pieces of earth / flowers / glitter float around them? The new race needs some unique attributes, or it will just remain "human copy with a thingie on the head" forever.
    But we shoudn't come to a conclusion too fast since I don't trust the artwork. It looks beautiful and all, and there will be similarities for sure. But it's never 100% authentic.
    Celestyna wrote:
    the last ones a bm.. and the girl has elf wings on her head.. just saying b:surrender

Actually, I don't think those feathery things on her head are elf wings but some hair decorations. Like the flower on the Eastern hairdress. Elf wings would "melt" into the hair since they are.. well.. stuck onthe head xD

BTW, I love how everyone is debating, discussing and guessing =)
    Looking forward to something new is even better than getting it in the end
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cun - Lost City
    Cun - Lost City Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited November 2010

That's a female elf buddy b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
    Current Goals: none.
  • Alusia - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    That's what I mean when I fear for elves losing their uniqueness regarding aerogear:

7kxjfd2j.jpg

Those are definitely tideborn wings (elves get a pair of pink-ish phoenix wings), but could be as well elf wings at first glance.
    Tideborn-like fin wings were small and rudimentary in the beginning, but obviously PW is making them more and more big and "standard wing" shaped.

So what if Earthguards also get wings? PW will just get close to the typical wing design anyway sooner or later..

Cun wrote:
    That's a female elf buddy
    And why should they make new-style artwork especially for a BM and a Cleric? Would be a funny coincidence.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited November 2010
    inwayb4qq about mystics being useless in instances since they're all elite/boss mobs. b:laugh
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    That's what I mean when I fear for elves losing their uniqueness regarding aerogear:

7kxjfd2j.jpg

Those are definitely tideborn wings (elves get a pair of pink-ish phoenix wings), but could be as well elf wings at first glance.
    Tideborn-like fin wings were small and rudimentary in the beginning, but obviously PW is making them more and more big and "standard wing" shaped.

So what if Earthguards also get wings? PW will just get close to the typical wing design anyway sooner or later..

And then we'll end up with winged barbs and venos...b:shocked

And don't even think about submitting this frankie...lol :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    i'm also praying seeker will use magic sword ^^ i have tt99 nirvana to go with it if it does :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alusia - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    @KrittyCat:
    I would have loved that before I quit playing Veno and made a Cleric b:laugh
    Always disliked the flying mounts for Untamed. Only ones to catch my eye are Boreas Skylight and Flametalon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    @KrittyCat:
    I would have loved that before I quit playing Veno and made a Cleric b:laugh
    Always disliked the flying mounts for Untamed. Only ones to catch my eye are Boreas Skylight and Flametalon.

I have one, lol. Really nice! ^^ They look like they're molting the whole time you fly on them though, lol!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • earo
    earo Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    oooOOOO...

Saw the "new race" news...

So...
    the Seeker is a Ret Paladin (melee-er with magic dmg)
    and
    the Mystic is a Elemental Shaman (nature spells and summon)

Wonder which one will be more fun to play with... (I played ret paladin before, but not elemental shaman... maybe I'll try out that class when the expansion comes out, LOL... wonder if the summons can solo the bosses in TT...)
  • Pjman - Heavens Tear
    Pjman - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    i dont care about there skills b:angry i just want them to be out when are they gonna release it for god sake
  • Lheowyn - Harshlands
    Lheowyn - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    i dont care about there skills b:angry i just want them to be out when are they gonna release it for god sake

Possibly December, think about it, china owns the company,seeker an mystic coming December for them an they come out for us here same time, china released tideborn same time ours was released in December of last year, if if i remember correctly, they released tideborn info 3 months before the actual due date to get the hype up an make people excited, its so funny everybody so excited over theses classes that there trying translate pwi-cn just get info

On another not i see people asking how they hope seekers used magic swords, well you guys must not read the info clearly an will be disappointed seekers use a giant claymore an as of mystics some sort of staff. if if i want to bet both of the earth guards will have there own weapons like tideborn, aka only daggers used by assassin, aka only claymore used by seekers. An if i must put in my other opinion, i bet they have there own weapon token quest to another opinion i believe i herd somebody say seekers have 1.9aps starting off, for 1 thing, i can highly bet it be like .6 or .8 starting off reason being, Do you know what a claymore is? its a long heavy *** sword, there for it slower to swing, but will hit hard when hit

As for where i think there going to be, i say bottom left of map little under land of buried bones, a for guild bases, possible across from sanctuary there probably be some islands in the expansion for guild bases. All in all they probably just going suck an not benefit guild in anyway an just cost Gold aka zen for decoration,not like they have torrent to block off unwanted guess or guild bank or guild help boards for the members. All in a nut shell, just relax, save coins,mats armor an just wait,they be here soon,and anybody hyper/oracle them to 100 you fail, you have no idea how to use them, lol
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    On another not i see people asking how they hope seekers used magic swords, well you guys must not read the info clearly an will be disappointed seekers use a giant claymore an as of mystics some sort of staff. if if i want to bet both of the earth guards will have there own weapons like tideborn, aka only daggers used by assassin, aka only claymore used by seekers.

This is pretty much confirmed due to the two extra weapons for rank 9 that we now know are for seeker and mystic. Doesn't mean they can't use other weps, but dunno how feasible those weps will be with the classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • volst
    edited November 2010
    Hope seeker rank 9 sword is Guts' Dragonslayer. b:dirty
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I have one, lol. Really nice! ^^ They look like they're molting the whole time you fly on them though, lol!

Omfg. I want one. QQ

Although if I get a Flyer's Legacy, I'm selling it and getting a Herc. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lheowyn - Harshlands
    Lheowyn - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    This is pretty much confirmed due to the two extra weapons for rank 9 that we now know are for seeker and mystic. Doesn't mean they can't use other weps, but dunno how feasible those weps will be with the classes.

well i understand using other weapons, but you guys not looking at bigger picture, so ill use an examply. Assassins primary weapon are? (Daggers) there for can only use skills with daggers. Give him duel swords he cannot skills,only spark burst. Give him a magic sword, you should just uninstall the game. Only other weapons he can use be fists an bow, because you dont need to use skills, just spark an deal damage

So seeker is a claymore therefor probley only can use claymore for skills, can he use other weapons such as bow an fists? yes if stats for them, you put a magic sword on a seeker you need think of another class, i bet when it means seeker has elemental powers, it probley some sort of magic defense buff/debuff seeker is a heavey armor class an mystic ofc arcane, they will never have 2 arcane classes like that released at same time
  • volst
    edited November 2010
    Anyone know if they're finally releasing hairstyles that reach below the shoulder?
This discussion has been closed.