Twilight Temple Discussion

Options

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    zeyar wrote: »
    first ban some outspoken ppl out of forum, then un-stickie the UNSOLVED topics ??

definitely not cool .. and definitely amateurish

What is unresolved about this? The changes have been made, the GMs have stated it's not going to change.

Thread has outlived it's usefulness.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Caoijmhe - Heavens Tear
    Caoijmhe - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Bump. b:cute
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    This should have not only been unstickied but closed too. Everyone had their say. Nothing wil be changed. Learn to play the game as it is. It isnt that hard.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    This should have not only been unstickied but closed too. Everyone had their say. Nothing wil be changed. Learn to play the game as it is. It isnt that hard.

I'm definitely going to test 3-1 when I hit 90. So far there haven't been many (that I have noticed anyway) reports from low-90 people who have been trying to get their TT90 that way. Josh was able to do GBA and he's not the only one but he already had TT90. There was also another squad that did it; I don't remember them telling their equips.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm definitely going to test 3-1 when I hit 90. So far there haven't been many (that I have noticed anyway) reports from low-90 people who have been trying to get their TT90 that way. Josh was able to do GBA and he's not the only one but he already had TT90. There was also another squad that did it; I don't remember them telling their equips.

Remember that you can always farm your other three TT90 green armors first before you get the top. Might make it easier for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    So does this mean nothing else is being worked on to re-adjust TT bosses? I didn't like the drastic change and I still don't like it.
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    So does this mean nothing else is being worked on to re-adjust TT bosses? I didn't like the drastic change and I still don't like it.

Frankie said the devs did what they did and they will not do anything more.
    TT will not be changed again for the time being; the mob count bug was fixed and the time limit was increased to 8 hours, and this is as far as the devs want to go with changes right now.
  • nocturnalbastard
    nocturnalbastard Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

Nope. The changes are complete. The only issue that needed to be corrected, according to the staff, was 3-1 mob kill counter not working correctly... this has been fixed. Nothing else to add. The thread has run it's course.
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

I've seen your gear of course it isnt hard (besides u being married to goonz (pretty sure))....ijs

yea i'll give it a shot when i get 90 but would also like to be able to feasibly complete it for my gear.

(says sarcastically) still so interesting that the people that are in in favor of leaving it are the people that dont need the mats but that can farm the instance still (albeit with a squad now boohoo) guess it just means more demand and less competition.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I've seen your gear of course it isnt hard (besides u being married to goonz (pretty sure))....ijs

yea i'll give it a shot when i get 90 but would also like to be able to feasibly complete it for my gear.

(says sarcastically) still so interesting that the people that are in in favor of leaving it are the people that dont need the mats but that can farm the instance still (albeit with a squad now boohoo) guess it just means more demand and less competition.

I haven't done the TTs yet that have been made harder, but I do recognize QQing and complaining as being entirely pointless at this point. The devs have final say. They say that no changes will be done. Our complaints have been heard. Then they were ignored. Such is life, sometimes.

End of story.

I'm not in favour of it, certainly, but I am in favour of complaining when complaining can actually do good (ie, change things for the better), and NOT complaining when nothing will change. You know?
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Zhioni - Dreamweaver
    Zhioni - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I keep coming up more and more disappointed in PWI developers.

as if 400 Mystical eyes vs 27 Leathers (total across three types of leather from Rough Furs on up) wasn't bad enough, and pretty much doing DQ out of utter desperation to do SOMETHING with all the damn DQ mats that drop besides just selling them (plus I can do DQ's while afking around the house for various reasons)... utterly ridiculous drop ratios on items you NEED

and that there's monsters with a 60% drop ratio on DQ items but nothing with a 60% drop ratio on leathers ..

but now I hear about this change to TT and I haven't even gotten that high yet, I just find more and more reason to just quit this game which appears to be nothing more than a moneymaking engine for developers

what's the point of my leveling that high only to discover that there's no way for me to do the bosses because not even other (even much higher lvl) players want to go in there, ever?
  • zeyar
    zeyar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Why? Nothing is going to change. Time to get over it and move on.

of cos it is easier to move on when a person already had end game gear ..
    God, y is the players base stepping on each other throats, oh wait, the less people can farm them means the more profit for ppl with end game gears .. selfish people
  • SliceOfTuna - Heavens Tear
    SliceOfTuna - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    God, y is the players base stepping on each other throats, oh wait, the less people can farm them means the more profit for ppl with end game gears .. selfish people
    all I can say is +10
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Nowitsawn for sharing your awesome siggys with all of us :
  • lokixz
    lokixz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    what's the point of my leveling that high only to discover that there's no way for me to do the bosses because not even other (even much higher lvl) players want to go in there, ever?

1- learn to play
    2- find some good friends or a good guild
    3- farm 3-1
    4- sell mats to all those complaining about not being able to kill an easy boss
    5- profit?

Ppl who don't cashshop should be glad for those changes. Now those who know how to play can farm a good amount of money with almost no effort. Those who can't even kill an easy boss should either learn how to play or quit the game and play another game and then complain there cause using few skills and paying a little of attention while playing is too much effort for them.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    lokixz wrote: »
    1- learn to play
    2- find some good friends or a good guild
    3- farm 3-1
    4- sell mats to all those complaining about not being able to kill an easy boss
    5- profit?

For the last two months (not counting the time after I quit) I've been trying to find people to farm 2-3 with for our TT90 gear. Getting even a one-time squad is hard enough on Sanct, let alone one farming all the pieces or even attempting 3-1. I don't think I know anyone who wants to even try it who's not 100 already.

I've heard this is mostly a problem on Sanct though.
  • Rawthorne - Heavens Tear
    Rawthorne - Heavens Tear Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    For the last two months (not counting the time after I quit) I've been trying to find people to farm 2-3 with for our TT90 gear. Getting even a one-time squad is hard enough on Sanct, let alone one farming all the pieces or even attempting 3-1. I don't think I know anyone who wants to even try it who's not 100 already.

I've heard this is mostly a problem on Sanct though.

You are a 83 bm qqing cuz no one will take you to farm 2-3 for your tt90 gear? Yah gtfo and quit qqing. If not for the nonstop ffing/oracle nubs like you we wouldn't have to deal w/ GASP level 83's qqing about not being able to farm tt90 gear. Those of us who actually EARNED our gear/levels from the beginning NEVER considered farming our tt90 gear at level 83. Many of us struggled through countless 2-2/2-3/3-1 (back when barbs would burn through a gold charm sometimes in 1 2-3 run and clerics would burn through a mp charm in 2/3 runs) runs to FINALLY finish our tt90 gear when we hit most likely 93 ish. This was back when the only way to level was zhen/fish/fb/grind for hours upon end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SmellsFishy - Dreamweaver
    SmellsFishy - Dreamweaver Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    blah blah blah blah

back in the days, 3-1 wasn't insane, like now. Your argument is garbage and Kupuntu is not a hyper/oracle nub. you fail, sir.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    back in the days, 3-1 wasn't insane, like now. Your argument is garbage and Kupuntu is not a hyper/oracle nub. you fail, sir.
    ^ this

But then he's so stuck up in the past, forgot that charms were much cheaper @ 100k gold also (and if you need a charm in PvE, you fail)... Old-timer advices mean BS now. All I can say is, adapt to new scenario or gtfo.

And when we QQ about the new scenario don't give BS about how it was back in the day.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    You are a 83 bm qqing cuz no one will take you to farm 2-3 for your tt90 gear? Yah gtfo and quit qqing. If not for the nonstop ffing/oracle nubs like you we wouldn't have to deal w/ GASP level 83's qqing about not being able to farm tt90 gear. Those of us who actually EARNED our gear/levels from the beginning NEVER considered farming our tt90 gear at level 83. Many of us struggled through countless 2-2/2-3/3-1 (back when barbs would burn through a gold charm sometimes in 1 2-3 run and clerics would burn through a mp charm in 2/3 runs) runs to FINALLY finish our tt90 gear when we hit most likely 93 ish. This was back when the only way to level was zhen/fish/fb/grind for hours upon end.

I really wonder what do you have against me. After all, I have never oracled or hypered once but that's not the main thing. I started playing before anni packs, register date is 5 weeks after Sanct launch. It's not like farming higher level TTs is something new for me. It's just that on Sanct, getting a squad is pretty hard lately, even for barbs and clerics that are close to 90 or over. I guess that was is the biggest problem now that hypers are here.

I used to be able to gather a squad somewhat easy pre-hypers but now the players just race themselves to 100 as fast as possible. Which means one or two 1-3s or 2-3s per month to be able to afford the hypers.

Old 3-3 was doable with low-90 squad if you had nice DDs, FD (Kitamura) could tell you more about that though as I never attempted it myself.
    edited October 2010
    Options

Hmm was he qqing about 3-1 which IS possible for 8x-9x players if they have skill? Nope he was qqing about 2-3 as a 83 bm. My arguments stand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options
    More like QQing about finding squads. At least get your facts straight.

TT2-3 is surprisingly popular in RT though, compared to other TTs which are mostly dead... except for 3-3 because of bh (and not full run).
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I really wonder what do you have against me. After all, I have never oracled or hypered once but that's not the main thing. I started playing before anni packs, register date is 5 weeks after Sanct launch. It's not like farming higher level TTs is something new for me. It's just that on Sanct, getting a squad is pretty hard lately, even for barbs and clerics that are close to 90 or over. I guess that was is the biggest problem now that hypers are here.

I used to be able to gather a squad somewhat easy pre-hypers but now the players just race themselves to 100 as fast as possible. Which means one or two 1-3s or 2-3s per month to be able to afford the hypers.

Old 3-3 was doable with low-90 squad if you had nice DDs, FD (Kitamura) could tell you more about that though as I never attempted it myself.

Ok now you have some valid points and tbh I didn't have anything against you personally. But a 83 bm qqing about not being able to find a squad for 2-3? C'mon if I'm making a squad for 2-3 am I really gonna want to bring a 83 bm along (which sux big time at that level as a dd)?

Sure a lot of players ff asap to get to 100 and don't even bother "farming" their gear. Why? Many reasons but the 3 main ones are: 1. They are alts and have the cash to just buy the gear/mats. 2. Merchanting to buy the mats/gear. 3. Drop $50 into the game and lo and behold there's your tt90 gear fully sharded. There's less ppl overall nowadays who actually farm their tt90 gear soley w/ similar leveled players. The majority of the ones who WANT to do this are the 100% free to play players who rarely log on w/ the stomache to do WHATEVER it takes to farm their gear and are vastly underskilled/geared. Are there exceptions? Sure but they are the exceptions, not the norm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    This. And it was this way as to why they wanted anni packs to stop coming out. There were basically two camps: Those who hated anni packs for.. whatever reason, and those who had their anni pack gear and wanted to make it that much tougher for others to get it. Given the ridiculous amount of coin people spent for the grand lobster (ugliest mount evar) or the tiger mount when they first came out, it's obvious people desperately want exclusivity when it comes to virtual items. PWI could have kept farmable exclusive items to stay exclusive like the Silver Mane / Violet Lightning and so on, but they went the way of cash shopping everything. So be it.

As for 3-1 it was way too easy but 3-1 is not that hard with the change.. honestly. Get 2 clerics for Collusseast (only need 1 but hell, just to be on the safe side) who know what they're doing and it's a cakewalk if you're not way too low to be there. Of course, they never should have changed TT or Nirvana to begin with, instead making more content/instances, a testament to their creative laziness (which people get when they continue cash shopping for a game that doesn't give a **** to create new content or fix bugs).
  • Aisubeki - Sanctuary
    Aisubeki - Sanctuary Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    This. And it was this way as to why they wanted anni packs to stop coming out. There were basically two camps: Those who hated anni packs for.. whatever reason, and those who had their anni pack gear and wanted to make it that much tougher for others to get it. Given the ridiculous amount of coin people spent for the grand lobster (ugliest mount evar) or the tiger mount when they first came out, it's obvious people desperately want exclusivity when it comes to virtual items. PWI could have kept farmable exclusive items to stay exclusive like the Silver Mane / Violet Lightning and so on, but they went the way of cash shopping everything. So be it.

As for 3-1 it was way too easy but 3-1 is not that hard with the change.. honestly. Get 2 clerics for Collusseast (only need 1 but hell, just to be on the safe side) who know what they're doing and it's a cakewalk if you're not way too low to be there. Of course, they never should have changed TT or Nirvana to begin with, instead making more content/instances, a testament to their creative laziness (which people get when they continue cash shopping for a game that doesn't give a **** to create new content or fix bugs).
    tell me about it, i stupidly paid 80m for the first frost daggers to even drop in the game >_>; for 3 weeks, i was special... only to find out they were included in the fcc agent trade. pw's personal middle finger to me!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    remember our fallen heroes
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I like packs for making gear more affordable. But I hate them for being cash shop items. The ones who benefit the most (in-game not irl) are cash shoppers, lower prices are secondary.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Ok now you have some valid points and tbh I didn't have anything against you personally. But a 83 bm qqing about not being able to find a squad for 2-3? C'mon if I'm making a squad for 2-3 am I really gonna want to bring a 83 bm along (which sux big time at that level as a dd)?

I'd understand getting denied when trying to join a squad, but when you don't see any TT squads in three weeks in the faction chat and people aren't willing to join either unless you have a level 100 barb/BM soloing it. Just because they can spend their time in FCC and get to 100 asap.

When 100+ clerics advise not to go to 3-1 ever and 100+ barbs don't even want to try it, they're showing a bad example to others. Which means lower levels (low-90) will not even attempt it. And the ones that do want to try it either suck so bad they can barely get to the GBA boss or are one of the best farmers. Josh would be a good example of the latter.
  • Caoijmhe - Heavens Tear
    Caoijmhe - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Bumpity bump?
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    3-1 is a ****ing hassle, and for what? Does Colluseast drop better than before? No he doesn't. IMO when they upped 3-1 Colluseast's difficulty, they should have updated the drop rate. AE was hard back in the days, but AE usually dropped for you if your party killed him. Now, on one hand, you have 5.0-cleric duos getting decent profit off of 3-1, and on the other hand, you have regular parties struggling and finding that through all that trouble, they don't get rewarded. What the **** is that? 3-1 Colluseast need to cast slower or drop better.
    When 100+ clerics advise not to go to 3-1 ever and 100+ barbs don't even want to try it, they're showing a bad example to others. Which means lower levels (low-90) will not even attempt it. And the ones that do want to try it either suck so bad they can barely get to the GBA boss or are one of the best farmers. Josh would be a good example of the latter.

These days however, lvl 100s means nothing. Unless you have good HP and some TT99 gear on, I don't consider you "lvl 100". lvl 100 barbs with like 15k hp in tiger, lvl 100 clerics with like 3k hp, if those are the lvl 100s you're talking about, then they're no better than lvl 90s.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    These days however, lvl 100s means nothing. Unless you have good HP and some TT99 gear on, I don't consider you "lvl 100". lvl 100 barbs with like 15k hp in tiger, lvl 100 clerics with like 3k hp, if those are the lvl 100s you're talking about, then they're no better than lvl 90s.

Not going to give out names but...

Most of those do fit to your "lvl 100" category. Not all though. The ones that don't (ie. the ones that are actually good players) say that it's just not worth it.
  • Karmiel - Dreamweaver
    Karmiel - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    When messing up the tt 3-1 3-2 3-3

I have played this game for some time and am a cash player. However I find the changes have affected our factions daily gaming fun.

TT's were part of a daily thing for us and now we are left with just FC's Which I hear they want to change next.

b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.