My concerns, Frankie.

14567810»

Comments

• chaoticrampage
    chaoticrampage Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    trollfacee wrote: »
    you don't "speak" on a internet forums, you type messages.

/idiot.

Oh wow, a troll trying to be technical. Well isn't that interesting...

Airyll told you to troll other threads, but I disagree. You need to get off the forums and crawl back under your bridge.
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    *scrubs zan's thread with her mighty scrub-n-bubbles* troll stinch
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • trollfacee
    trollfacee Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Oh wow, a troll trying to be technical. Well isn't that interesting...

Airyll told you to troll other threads, but I disagree. You need to get off the forums and crawl back under your bridge.

oh hai thar **** guy. how that **** **** goin for ya?
  • Riverwell - Archosaur
    Riverwell - Archosaur Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    You say you want mods you know. You will get to know these mods. You didn't know Aryannamage, Hawk, Gattsuru, or Andracil when they first started either. In fact, the only mod who you guys knew beforehand was Konari, who, though he was known as a forum spammer, still had a lot of support in his campaign to become a mod.

This quote was towards the beginning, and may well have been addressed in later pages, but, I'm too lazy to read them, and am just going to be nit-picky for a moment.

I remember when Andracil was appointed mod, she was very well known and liked on the forum (although under a different name: Amiris). I remember her sig, it was "the mod formerly known as Amiris", so we had no question of who she was.
    Point being that she wasn't a lurker, she was active, the community knew her, she knew the forums, etcetera, and she was appointed moderator. (So yes we knew her beforehand and she did have the community's support.)

Just because some good mods in the past were people who no one knew, doesn't mean those are the only people who you can ever appoint, ijs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -
    Previous Enemy Executor
    Current SentineI Member
    -
    "I'm sorry, but if you cant aggro control, then you better have the gear/charm to back yourself up. And falling short of that, you simply deserve to die. It's PWI darwinism tbh." - DaKillanator - Raging Tide
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    trollfacee wrote: »
    oh hai thar **** guy. how that **** **** goin for ya?

Oh look, it's mad fish's trolling alt.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    You know

As much as I have concerns about the mods

I'm starting to have real concerns about the people here when they can't keep a serious and genuinely intelligent thread on topic and have to derail it into a ****fight so it can get locked and forgotten forever more.

Seriously, so many of you people came on here and said "YOU GUYS ALL MOAN AT THE MODS AND YOU NEVER OFFER A SINGLE SOLUTION"

And when somebody does post a ****ing solution you all go ape**** and have to take your fighting and ridiculous nonsense onto that thread so it can be locked, instead of stupid nonsensical troll threads.

I can start to sympathise with the mods to a degree, some of you people are real ****ers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    If it's any comfort i share your disapointment in the comunity. When it comes to criticizing the forum staff there'll be plenty of people willing to jump on the wagon, but when some scum takes it upon himself to make offensive remarks about your ethnicity not one poster will stand by you, not one...
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    If it's any comfort i share your disapointment in the comunity. When it comes to criticizing the forum staff there'll be plenty of people willing to jump on the wagon, but when some scum takes it upon himself to make offensive remarks about your ethnicity not one poster will stand by you, not one...

Actually, you're one of the ****ers I'm talking about.

You couldn't just shut up and take it somewhere else, no, you had to jump in there and prove Waffle wrong because you have this OCD urge to argue with every single person who decides they don't agree with you. You couldn't just ignore Waffle's alt post about "Waffle for mod" could you?

No, you had to be a **** and rise to the bait. Congratulations, you fell for Waffle's trick, you look like an absolute moron and you got, what was a decent thread, locked.

I'm not going to stand by you either right now, because you were too dumbass to be the mature person and

a) take it to PMs
    b) realise you were being trolled into the blue oblivion and just not respond like a smart person
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaoticrampage
    chaoticrampage Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2010

I'll agree what he said was out of line and extremely offensive, but you didn't need to egg him on on Airyll's thread. That wasn't the place for a fight such as that, you should have taken it to PMs with him or took to the argument to one of those mindless troll threads were the argument would have done no damage to the thread itself.

You were both in the wrong, even if what Waffle did was worse you were still right their fueling him.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Actually, you're one of the ****ers I'm talking about.

You couldn't just shut up and take it somewhere else, no, you had to jump in there and prove Waffle wrong because you have this OCD urge to argue with every single person who decides they don't agree with you. You couldn't just ignore Waffle's alt post about "Waffle for mod" could you?

No, you had to be a **** and rise to the bait. Congratulations, you fell for Waffle's trick, you look like an absolute moron and you got, what was a decent thread, locked.

I'm not going to stand by you either right now, because you were too dumbass to be the mature person and

a) take it to PMs
    b) realise you were being trolled into the blue oblivion and just not respond like a smart person
    QFT.

Which is why it's already ironic when you accuse people of raging at anyone who doesn't agree with them, because that is a trait of YOUR [Manray's] posts.

And as for your theory about me posting just to **** you off or argue with you, you are only partially right. As I said before, I react pretty much the same to everyone, but when I **** off someone who is so EASILY trolled, I keep going, so naturally you make yourself a target. You're just so EASY to troll, people can do it without even trying.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Is not my ideals are different but that i don't think we've tried everything. Now, i've been gone from both the game and the forums for months at a time, but i know of no petition for reasonable change that has been signed by the majority of posters nor been endorsed by the more influential players.

Internet petitions are meaningless. Name a situation where one has changed anything, anywhere. If PWE/PWI isn't going to listen to 3000+ posts about a single topic on their official forums, they're certainly going to care even less about an internet petition.

Mankind attempted revolutions long before they ever succeeded. Spartacus, Wycliffe or even Alexander himself are good examples. Just because an idea has failed in the past it doesn't mean it won't succeed in the future.

Philosophical bull**** isn't a valid response to that question.

Yes, the CM very likely had it coming, and yes, GMs have not always dealt with us in an honest and straightforward manner. And i don't dispute that there were good reasons for what happened but we should be very categorical in not justifyinf the actions of some. Yes, human nature played a part, on both sides of the equation, but we really got to start looking past this and try to figure a solution that goes beyond just relying on a couple of well meaning individuals to do all the heavy lifting for us. Or we could just resign ourselves to live with whatever PWI chooses to do and be done with all the whining, games are suposed to be fun anyway...

Erm... way to be vague and idealistic. I was trying to be more realistic.

b:lipcurl As for the stickys, it comes down to a matter of opinion... You may be right on this, but you should at least grant me the timing was distasteful...

The timing was perfect. People are upset and things couldn't get any worse at that point. Perfect time to do something that otherwise would have probably incited a riot.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    As of late, I have been trying to stay out of the nonsense that has been going on the past few days, but I think that this discussion about whatever it is that is making you angry, needs to STOP now!

This is not the place for it, it will just get this thread locked, another good post that needs to remain open, less we loss all hope about anything ever being done about the recent updates.

As for the community in the uproar, as I said before I really can't blame them, they feel offended for one reason or another, and argo some will defend themselves against the comment, while others will brush it off, and others will just ignore it all together, neither way is really wrong, each person deals with different situations, different ways.

So just agree to disagree, and just back the **** off of each other. << Go play another game or something.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • ntkn
    ntkn Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    You know

As much as I have concerns about the mods

I'm starting to have real concerns about the people here when they can't keep a serious and genuinely intelligent thread on topic and have to derail it into a ****fight so it can get locked and forgotten forever more.

Seriously, so many of you people came on here and said "YOU GUYS ALL MOAN AT THE MODS AND YOU NEVER OFFER A SINGLE SOLUTION"

And when somebody does post a ****ing solution you all go ape**** and have to take your fighting and ridiculous nonsense onto that thread so it can be locked, instead of stupid nonsensical troll threads.

I can start to sympathise with the mods to a degree, some of you people are real ****ers.

you are a ****ing hypocrite, you do the same **** Airyll

and micheal does that kind of **** ALL the ****ing time.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    ntkn wrote: »
    you are a ****ing hypocrite, you do the same **** Airyll

If I did the same ****, you would see me trolling on every serious thread that had a good point to make.

Do I troll? Yes.

Do I argue? Most certainly.

Can I be harsh? Oh you bet I can.

Do I do it on threads that have genuine points to make and are good discussions? No. I do not. And this does not make me a hypocrite. Go get your facts straight you faceless little toad before you walk around these forums calling me a hypocrite, because you're also one of the morons that came onto my thread with nothing good to say.

Although you were, from what a saw, a total mod and GM arsekisser, so no surprise you'll rage against the first person to say anything about how the new mods are inexperienced, regardless of whether they construct a good post or not. Go suck more ****, you little ****, and when you can come back with a good response and proof, to boot, then you can come back and call me a hypocrite.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    That was just a lovely little toss of insults between all of you, and I'll put an end to that.

To avoid any further trolling and flame wars...

[CLOSED]
This discussion has been closed.