Being banned makes you an internet hero

Options
Longknife - Harshlands
Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Chronicles
C'mon everyone. Go get banned so that you will be remembered fondly, your grandchildren proudly telling stories about how you fought proudly in the great Nerd Rage war of October 2010, and how you died in the name of...whatever the hell it is we're doing.
I <3 AGOREY
Post edited by Longknife - Harshlands on

Comments

• Ansei - Raging Tide
    Ansei - Raging Tide Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Stop spamming with threads or you'll be just as good as us baby <3 b:kiss
  • sethh
    sethh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    drugdriller are the heroes now! :D
    b:pleasedI'm ignorant :)
  • Couri - Harshlands
    Couri - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I've already got one perma ban <3 might as well get another rite?

oh wait... 2 :3 cus I be that good.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Stop spamming with threads or you'll be just as good as us baby <3 b:kiss

Oh I can only hope. b:dirty
    I want as many war medals as you all.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Psychosiss - Heavens Tear
    Psychosiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    *removed*
  • Ansei - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Oh I can only hope. b:dirty
    I want as many war medals as you all.

I never said this was a war. I am doing this simply because I believe it is right.
  • Couri - Harshlands
    Couri - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i Never Said This Was A War. I Am Doing This Simply Because I Believe It Is Right.

+12345
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i had a perma ban on all 3 of my accounts cos of one **** thing to do with ingame o_o, dont think ill go there again yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I never said this was a war. I am doing this simply because I believe it is right.

Yes of course, I agree. And nothing's more right than crying bloody murder when a person tries to give a former worker a second chance!

That'll teach them to believe in Redemption!
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    longknife..nobody can make me laugh like you can, damn.
  • zombiecamel
    zombiecamel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Or if you don't wanna be remembered fondly, do it:
    A) because its the internet and no one cares
    B) because you're quitting pwi
    C) for the lulz
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    No I believe I should make a Youtube video collab showing all the amazing things our heroes did for us before dying in battle. Then I'll win a Nobel Peace Prize for Internet Justice.

Why? Cause that's how I roll.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Ansei - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yes of course, I agree. And nothing's more right than crying bloody murder when a person tries to give a former worker a second chance!

That'll teach them to believe in Redemption!

We never said that Konari coming back was bad,
    it was the fact that they couldn't come out and say to us that he was back, they had to lie and be deceitful. Just like the **** they really are.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Long fish <3.

It's too bad that you joined Zulu.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    We never said that Konari coming back was bad,
    it was the fact that they couldn't come out and say to us that he was back, they had to lie and be deceitful. Just like the **** they really are.

Yeah, how dare they assume the community would react poorly if he was introduced as Konari?! I mean, we've always been so civil with them up until now. b:sad
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Tollingbell - Sanctuary
    Tollingbell - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    C'mon everyone. Go get banned so that you will be remembered fondly, your grandchildren proudly telling stories about how you fought proudly in the great Nerd Rage war of October 2010, and how you died in the name of...whatever the hell it is we're doing.

+a million.

They'll tell fascinating tales about how you posted **** on a forum used by people age 13+ in order to get the point across that you will not tolerate inadequate forum moderation... Fight the Powah!
    It's TollingBell b:angry
  • Ansei - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yeah, how dare they assume the community would react poorly if he was introduced as Konari?! I mean, we've always been so civil with them up until now. b:sad

I refrain from replying to that because I am not exactly sure what happened with Konari aside from his disappearance one day. I refuse to say something that may or may not be true.

And before you say ZOMG GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGJDSHIGDSOJFDSFDSF
    I was on vacation when Konari disappeared and never bothered to ask/search for threads about it
  • Ansei - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options
    +a million.

They'll tell fascinating tales about how you posted **** on a forum used by people age 13+ in order to get the point across that you will not tolerate inadequate forum moderation... Fight the Powah!

Ohyeah, and the raape comments and **** on WC in game are any better? Jesus.
    Anyway, you really believe any 13+ year old with access to internet would not know what pron looks like?
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I enjoy your posts and threads in general Longknife, but I think you have taken this anti-QQ thing too far, just as you think we have taken the flaming too far. But have you stopped us from flaming? No. And will we stop you from posting "QQ about QQ?" Most likely not.

My point? Your bitterness makes you look no better than the people you scorn.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I refrain from replying to that because I am not exactly sure what happened with Konari aside from his disappearance one day. I refuse to say something that may or may not be true.

And before you say ZOMG GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGJDSHIGDSOJFDSFDSF
    I was on vacation when Konari disappeared and never bothered to ask/search for threads about it

Hell, I dunno the story about him either.

I just see no reason to flip a **** unless they withheld that info with malicious intent.
    Let's get real here: frankie didn't withhold that info thinking "mwahahaha, now Konari can ruin the forums under the guise of -Insert other name here-, and with the PWI official forums at our feet, we'll be able TO RULE THE WORLD!!" Frankie probably withheld that info thinking the community would react poorly if a former mod returned.

I see no reason to flip out over that. When a mod exists for like...Idunno over 6 months or something and everyone hates him. THEN one day they find out it was the same exact mod they used to hate a year ago or whatever and the idea of this person being new was a lie: sure, flip out then.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    It's serious man!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Tollingbell - Sanctuary
    Tollingbell - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Ohyeah, and the raape comments and **** on WC in game are any better? Jesus.
    Anyway, you really believe any 13+ year old with access to internet would not know what pron looks like?

Surprise! I'm also not a fan of raape comments in WC. Does it make it ok to post that because some other jackass gets away with it? Be responsible for your own actions.

If you've been discussing your dissent in a way that's relevant and possibly helpful, this doesn't apply to you.
    It's TollingBell b:angry
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I enjoy your posts and threads in general Longknife, but I think you have taken this anti-QQ thing too far, just as you think we have taken the flaming too far. But have you stopped us from flaming? No. And will we stop you from posting "QQ about QQ?" Most likely not.

My point? Your bitterness makes you look no better than the people you scorn.

1. How the HELL am I supposed to stop people? I've tried talking to them, they continue. Thus, I'm trying a different route.

2. You guys are always pointing the finger, have you realized? Let's look at this chronologically. First there's the issue of frankie possibly being a jerk. You guys are having a fun time with this one. Now a lot of people think it's time to discuss the community being a jerk. Afterwards, we can gladly discuss me being a jerk. Somehow though it feels like you all love discussing point one and point three; not so much point two.

3. How is my route even the same as yours, anyways? You guys are demonizing everything the GMs/mods do. I'm using satire. I mean hell I'm not bitter. I'm just sitting back, looking at things objectively and laughing my butt off.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Ansei - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Hell, I dunno the story about him either.

I just see no reason to flip a **** unless they withheld that info with malicious intent.
    Let's get real here: frankie didn't withhold that info thinking "mwahahaha, now Konari can ruin the forums under the guise of -Insert other name here-, and with the PWI official forums at our feet, we'll be able TO RULE THE WORLD!!" Frankie probably withheld that info thinking the community would react poorly if a former mod returned.

I see no reason to flip out over that. When a mod exists for like...Idunno over 6 months or something and everyone hates him. THEN one day they find out it was the same exact mod they used to hate a year ago or whatever and the idea of this person being new was a lie: sure, flip out then.

Before this gets rotten, I must say I respect you Longknife, many of your posts I agreed with, and I believe I +1'd them a few times. I'm not saying I agree with them now, but I understand where you are coming from.

They lied about it. It's that simple. There is never a need to lie, obviously they brought him back for their own reasons, but that doesn't justify lying to us about who he is.
    I don't know if it was because he was afraid of flames, but I for one, would welcome him back with open arms instead of the hateful "2 mods we never heard of and 1 spammer" that they got. Atleast we'd have had a decent mod and 2 stupid ones.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    1. How the HELL am I supposed to stop people? I've tried talking to them, they continue. Thus, I'm trying a different route.

2. You guys are always pointing the finger, have you realized? Let's look at this chronologically. First there's the issue of frankie possibly being a jerk. You guys are having a fun time with this one. Now a lot of people think it's time to discuss the community being a jerk. Afterwards, we can gladly discuss me being a jerk. Somehow though it feels like you all love discussing point one and point three; not so much point two.

3. How is my route even the same as yours, anyways? You guys are demonizing everything the GMs/mods do. I'm using satire. I mean hell I'm not bitter. I'm just sitting back, looking at things objectively and laughing my butt off.

1. That's my point. You can't stop us any more than we can stop you.

2. Of course we point the finger. That's what humans do. In fact that's what you just did. It's a moot point. For that matter I never said you're a jerk. I just think your frustration is....overexpressed.

3. Well, let's see, you don't like what you see on the forums/in game, and you post about it, sometimes injected with various bits of sarcastic humor. Then there's people who share your sentiment "demonizing" us and flat out denying what we say is true for the sake of it. And you're not bitter? These threads you start show otherwise. We're all starting threads about what bothers us. And you know what? We're laughing our asses off too.

I still respect you and I know what you're coming from, but your holier than thou attitude is not doing you much good.
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Longknife makes some good points. And rather hilarious points as well. Internet heroes FTW b:angry
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Before this gets rotten, I must say I respect you Longknife, many of your posts I agreed with, and I believe I +1'd them a few times. I'm not saying I agree with them now, but I understand where you are coming from.

They lied about it. It's that simple. There is never a need to lie, obviously they brought him back for their own reasons, but that doesn't justify lying to us about who he is.
    I don't know if it was because he was afraid of flames, but I for one, would welcome him back with open arms instead of the hateful "2 mods we never heard of and 1 spammer" that they got. Atleast we'd have had a decent mod and 2 stupid ones.

And my point is as simple as this: had they said "btw Konari's back," people would've gone ape-$hit anyways. Agree or disagree, but hell, to me the community has always overreacted, and their reactions to THIS right here just prove it for me.
    Having said that, it's easy to sit on the sidelines and say "omg they lied." To put yourselves in their shoes and see your options as 1. Reintroduce him; immediate complaints and controversy OR 2. Give him a new name and a chance to start off on the right foot; people might not complain and might actually gain new hope in PWI. It's either a definite loss or a possible loss, so I really don't see their decision as outrageous. It's quite logical, if seen that way.

I'm a law student and everything I do is broken down into two categories: the objective crime and the intention. Both are neccesary to be found guilty, but here I see a crime of lying but a totally different intention. Let the people feel cheated, but don't demonize the mod team as if it's the most outrageous decision ever. I mean ffs look at some of the **** being said here. "Those banned are HEROES." "Omg a mod said 'blah blah blah is ****.' HOW DARE HE, NO ONE EVER USES '****' AS AN INSULT EVER." Seriously?? All because the GMs made a VERY understandable mistake??

Other than that I think, in one week's time, a bunch of people will look back on this and think "I totally lost my mind because the true identity of a mod that wanted a second chance was lied about. What the hell?" Yeah, well maybe it's because he wouldn't've gotten that second chance at all, had they not lied. He wanted/needed a chance to prove his improvement, simple as that.

And other than that, I bet frankie will end up resigning/being fired, and I absolutey do not think he deserves it.

Last and perhaps most importantly, I was once a 14 year old on a children's MMO website, screaming about freedom and people's rights and stuff until the day a GM showed me he was really doing that all along, and I and others had only been hindering him and making his life all the more stressful. He resigned soon after and then we got some pretty bad GMs who truly didn't care. That MMO actually HAD corruption too...Player favoritism, GMs doing jack/not speaking english/having sex scandals with users, lies to the public about bug causes and fixes. The intent of THOSE lies WAS to give themselves room to be lazy.

The lie here? This shouldn't be discussed more than five minutes.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I don't hope Frankie to be fired. I have nothing against him, and I feel sorry for him that he takes the brunt of the flames all the time...

..but that thread was still funny.

I'm mostly pissed at the new mods.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    1. That's my point. You can't stop us any more than we can stop you.

2. Of course we point the finger. That's what humans do. In fact that's what you just did. It's a moot point. For that matter I never said you're a jerk. I just think your frustration is....overexpressed.

3. Well, let's see, you don't like what you see on the forums/in game, and you post about it, sometimes injected with various bits of sarcastic humor. Then there's people who share your sentiment "demonizing" us and flat out denying what we say is true for the sake of it. And you're not bitter? These threads you start show otherwise. We're all starting threads about what bothers us. And you know what? We're laughing our asses off too.

I still respect you and I know what you're coming from, but your holier than thou attitude is not doing you much good.

1. So because I can't stop you, I should immediately shut up with my little opinion and let you all continue shouting yours from the rooftops?

Makes brilliant sense.

2. I'm still amazed that you apparently categorize "satire" and "sarcasm" as signs of frustration.

"Yo did you watch Dave Chapelle last night?"
    "Nah, I can't handle that dude's constant frustration"

'The hell??

3. See point two.

There, I've answered your questions to me, whereas all you've done is defended your right to cause a ruckus. Mind saying WHY you're causing a ruckus, or what good this ruckus will do? I mean, you ask me what the purpose of my threads are, calling them useless, and yet I'm having quite a nice discussion with Ansei and there's some people thanking me for my posts.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    hmmm very nice thread i think i will watch it closely b:victory*slips bck into the shadows*b:avoid
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle