Being banned makes you an internet hero

Comments

• Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    thats the thing, there is no abuse in this game. what you people are raging about is something that the devs changed. the only thing that the GMs was able to control doing was the packs and the new TW rules. you people didnt like it and started to act like animals.

as far as ive seen the GMs have been pretty active with the forums and are up to date with concerns. they even admitted to not liking a few changes that the devs made to the game. but you guys want to compare frankie to spoonz and deem him as a fail GM even tho frankie has been pretty good with the community and communicating with us. but after what happened this week i will not question him if he ignores you all altogether. and once that happens then you will know how it feels to have "a GM that does not care".

Lawl you're an idiot. No abuse from the GMs?

So not only are you a terrible zerg player but unobservant. b:bye
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    So basically you've been conditioned...

Your previous girlfriend used to beat you up with an iron skillet... you dumped her and found a new one. The new one only punches and kicks you from time to time before completely ignoring you, but everything is fine because that iron pan doesn't go 'clunk' every time it hits you upside the head anymore and that after your beaten you're left alone and neglected.

Another fail argument I'm afraid.

How the other game treated you is really irrelevant except to state how much abuse you're willing to tolerate here.

Perhaps, but at the same time another person in this thread is conditioned to WoW standards, and I've blatantly said "you shouldn't expect services that no other F2P MMO offers" and you've said "why not?" Well, because you won't get them. You're setting yourself up for disappointment and you have ridiculously high standards; hell, you want PW to have the best service of all MMOs ever. It's good to have high expectations, but if they're set too high, ***** like what's happening now happens. People get lied to once and they act like it's the greatest injustice ever.

I'm satisfied with PWI's service because, as I've said before, the devs have shown me they're DOING SOMETHING. They're monitoring the game and making changes they feel important. I may not agree with those changes (me personally, my only beef is the TT bosses. They be lulzy-hard), but I believe an active team that makes mistakes is better than an inactive team that makes none. An active time has a chance to learn and correct it's mistakes; an inactive team will never do jack.

As for the mods and GMs, I have no complaints. Only complaint is that one mod who locks friggin' everything, and even then I don't think she's actually breaking any rules or guidelines: she's just too overzealous about her job for my tastes. People who complain about a thread not being locked, a person getting away with multi-clienting or a person selling their account not being banned? Bite me! Honestly wtf do these people have nothing better to do than complain?

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion of course, and I'm sure the GMs have off-days and I'm sure some players have received legitimate bad service. The problem is, not a single one of them actually states what. They all say "the GMs suck" and before you can ask "well why do they suck," they've already left the room. So yeah, excuse me for often doubting the complaints.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Psychosiss - Heavens Tear
    Psychosiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Lawl you're an idiot. No abuse from the GMs?

So not only are you a terrible zerg player but unobservant. b:bye

show proof and posts of abuse from the GMs and ill show proof of them actually giving a **** about what we think.

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=50371

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=818032

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=835522

and this is just from the stickies, not even mention all the things frankie has did to address player concerns in various threads.

so they obviously care and give a damn about what the players want.

btw, im 1.4k in diamond as zerg.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    thats the thing, there is no abuse in this game. what you people are raging about is something that the devs changed. the only thing that the GMs was able to control doing was the packs and the new TW rules. you people didnt like it and started to act like animals.

How did the GMs have any control over the packs and TW payments? Thought they could only make suggestions.
    I <3 AGOREY
    edited October 2010
    How did the GMs have any control over the packs and TW payments? Thought they could only make suggestions.

the packs can easily be regulated by them, altho ya it is the devs that decide what is to be put in the CS.

and i wasnt refering to the TW payouts.
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    Pot_Head - Harshlands Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    show proof and posts of abuse from the GMs and ill show proof of them actually giving a **** about what we think.

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=50371

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=818032

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=835522

and this is just from the stickies, not even mention all the things frankie has did to address player concerns in various threads.

so they obviously care and give a damn about what the players want.

btw, im 1.4k in diamond as zerg.

Gms are only telling you what you want to hear nothing will ever change
    edited October 2010

and what logic/lie do you base that claim?
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    edited October 2010

I have seen it with my own 2 eyes on this forum board, back when spoons was around. b:cute
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited October 2010

Anni packs would be a good start. Coin inflation. Instance issues, and unfixed bugs. Have you ever actually played this game?
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Heeeey we're getting somewhere. Think I found the end of the line.

To the blue: The reason I'm defensive about it is because, understand, I'm speaking up because I believe the community has crossed the line. I think they've become absolutely hysterical, and THAT'S why I'm speaking up. However, every time I even BEGIN to criticize, I receive criticism myself. I do NOT believe I'm acting hysterical or unreasonable, and I don't think I'm crossing any line, so it's quite annoying when I try to make my statement, and before it's even finished, I have people criticizing me, questioning the purpose or effectiveness of my argument and all sorts of rhetorical stuff like that. I would much rather stick to hearing people say how on earth they think all this hysteria will help, and to answer "how do you think the criticism of their hysteria will help," I think the only issue is it might not get us anywhere, but I'd certainly love to try instead of just sitting quietly.

And for the last time, where am I showing holier-than-thou attitudes? I'm using friggin' satire, which is mocking via impersonation. It's ALWAYS gonna look arrogant. Just do me a favor and trust me I'm not sitting here with some arrogant smirk on my face. I'm just in awe at the reaction of the public, and I'm trying to hold a mirror up to their faces so they can see what I'm seeing.

I think I only need to reply to the last part...you have stated in several posts, in reply to me, that you are not doing the same thing as the rest of us, maybe because you think your satire makes you stand out, whereas you have admitted yourself that both sides' flames are not that different. In short, you, sir, are a troll, a clever and a intelligent one, but a troll nonetheless, and I don't mean one ounce of offense by that.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited October 2010

Even if that were true, that's their job. As I've said, they can only influence; it's the devs who make the decisions. I see no reason to yell at the GMs for TRYING and for doing their job.

If you simply know that then there's really no problem. You stop running into shattered hopes and you stop relying on future possibilities and focus on the here and now.

Michael_Dark called my view on everything "conditioning." In some aspects, that may be true. In others, I may simply have "experience."
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Even if that were true, that's their job. As I've said, they can only influence; it's the devs who make the decisions. I see no reason to yell at the GMs for TRYING and for doing their job.

If you simply know that then there's really no problem. You stop running into shattered hopes and you stop relying on future possibilities and focus on the here and now.

Michael_Dark called my view on everything "conditioning." In some aspects, that may be true. In others, I may simply have "experience."

your pretty much stating Gms job is to lie to the community, b:embarrass their damn well good at their job then.
    edited October 2010
    Anni packs would be a good start. Coin inflation. Instance issues, and unfixed bugs. Have you ever actually played this game?

Lol, and you are saying inflation, bug issues, and instances are caused by the GMs? you have no clue on how a MMO is run do you?

the GMs have no control over bugs, the devs do. the GMs have no control over instances, the devs do. GMs have no control over server inflation, the players do.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    the packs can easily be regulated by them, altho ya it is the devs that decide what is to be put in the CS.

Again, another example of you just talking out your **** instead of saying something you actually know to be true or not.

Do us all a favor and shut up instead of making up truth on the fly just so you can respond to a post.

You are a ****ing idiot.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    I think I only need to reply to the last part...you have stated in several posts, in reply to me, that you are not doing the same thing as the rest of us, maybe because you think your satire makes you stand out, whereas you have admitted yourself that both sides' flames are not that different. In short, you, sir, are a troll, a clever and a intelligent one, but a troll nonetheless, and I don't mean one ounce of offense by that.

I mean mine's different in the style I use to approach. No one else is using satire or sarcasm to get their point across, and thus I wanna try this path and see if it gets us anywhere.

I say we're not that different because in the end, every argument is just two opposing opinions. Either you participate or you don't; I'm participating, just like the others, cept on the other side and with a different style.

Maybe I'm a troll in that people will never like being imitated and mocked and I'm bound to pi$$ some people off. To that I say "tough," because I think some people do actually open their eyes after being mocked and some people simply deserve to be mocked, even if it won't change their attitude.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Lol, and you are saying inflation, bug issues, and instances are caused by the GMs? you have no clue on how a MMO is run do you?

the GMs have no control over bugs, the devs do. the GMs have no control over instances, the devs do. GMs have no control over server inflation, the players do.

no one is blaming the Gms for that, but they have lied in the past about fixing those things. I'm curious have you only gotten to level 11, never ran any instance before? Ever actually experienced one of these bugs?
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    your pretty much stating Gms job is to lie to the community, b:embarrass their damn well good at their job then.

I said "even if." :P

Whether their job is a lie or not depends on how much the devs are willing to listen to them. We can't answer that.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    There have been multitudes of threads by the GMs about how their plans will fix these issues: to the best of my knowledge they have stated rather directly that they do maintain some contact with the devs and give them feedback.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Again, another example of you just talking out your **** instead of saying something you actually know to be true or not.

Do us all a favor and shut up instead of making up truth on the fly just so you can respond to a post.

You are a ****ing idiot.

im afraid you are the idiot. the devs decide WHAT can be put in the CS. the GMs decide WHEN to sell those items.

the inflation that happened is a result of players raising the price of packs to such a inflated ammount. the GMs did not foresee that happening. inflation and deflation happens naturally on any MMO you play.

learn a thing or 2 about it.
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    I said "even if." :P

Whether their job is a lie or not depends on how much the devs are willing to listen to them. We can't answer that.

Devs never listen to Gms over here, everyone learned that after the what 3rd time anni packs came out, yet Gms still lie to us. b:lipcurl it's not hard to see if you have been here long enough.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Devs never listen to Gms over here, everyone learned that after the what 3rd time anni packs came out, yet Gms still lie to us. b:lipcurl it's not hard to see if you have been here long enough.

Hmmmm.... lie to the playerbase....

Or get fired by your boss for telling the truth....

Tough choice you're right.

Night b:byeb:sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    There have been multitudes of threads by the GMs about how their plans will fix these issues: to the best of my knowledge they have stated rather directly that they do maintain some contact with the devs and give them feedback.

Doesn't mean the devs listen to their suggestions though. Guess we'll see eventually.

Anyways before I go, one more issue: what's wrong with PWI's economy? I played this game a year ago, rejoined in March, and wtf, the prices of things are all the same. Across ALL servers.

That is a STABLE freaking economy. Does anyone have any idea how hard it is to prevent an MMO game, where money literally falls from the sky, from having a galloping economy? I would NOT complain in that regard. Gold prices are always doomed to vary because that's their form of income and that's PWI's "stock market." Let them have that though; it'd be ridiculous of us to expect them to stabilize gold prices, because that would mean PWI has to take a shot to their income.
    I <3 AGOREY
    edited October 2010
    Doesn't mean the devs listen to their suggestions though. Guess we'll see eventually.

Anyways before I go, one more issue: what's wrong with PWI's economy? I played this game a year ago, rejoined in March, and wtf, the prices of things are all the same. Across ALL servers.

That is a STABLE freaking economy. Does anyone have any idea how hard it is to prevent an MMO game, where money literally falls from the sky, from having a galloping economy? I would NOT complain in that regard. Gold prices are always doomed to vary because that's their form of income and that's PWI's "stock market." Let them have that though; it'd be ridiculous of us to expect them to stabilize gold prices, because that would mean PWI has to take a shot to their income.

they are mad because gold prices is not 100k-150k anymore *rolls eyes*

they want everything spoon fed to them.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited October 2010

This, basically.

It's like yeah, sure you have a right to be upset when lied to, but imo people should just learn to take things said by GMs with a grain of salt and leave them be. Nothing they say is a sure thing, and I'm sure they often feel obligated to give the players hope, or they themselves truly believe a good change will come through only to find out it won't a week later.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    edited October 2010

b:embarrass I know I'm not right, thst is unfortunately how business works. Glad I didn't go down the road of business, I know I'm better then that ;D.
    This, basically.

It's like yeah, sure you have a right to be upset when lied to, but imo people should just learn to take things said by GMs with a grain of salt and leave them be. Nothing they say is a sure thing, and I'm sure they often feel obligated to give the players hope, or they themselves truly believe a good change will come through only to find out it won't a week later.

I'm quite aware of this, I'm just making a point in all of this. Which I forgot...
    edited October 2010
    This, basically.

the GMs also arnt obligated to tell us anything. they can be *******s and not say a damn word about it like over on flyff.

but either way, people will complain.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    im afraid you are the idiot. the devs decide WHAT can be put in the CS. the GMs decide WHEN to sell those items.

You're an idiot. The developers are responsible for the content, which includes items that can be put on sale. There is PWI-only content as well that had nothing to do with the PWE develpers. Look at the Jolly Jones Halloween content for example, that was developed and inserted by PWI, not PWE or 'the devs'.

It is completely up to PWE upper management, not the developers of what and when specific items go on sale. GMs have nothing to do with determining sales.

Again, you've proven yourself to be mentally challenged. Please be more wrong.

the inflation that happened is a result of players raising the price of packs to such a inflated ammount. the GMs did not foresee that happening. inflation and deflation happens naturally on any MMO you play.

learn a thing or 2 about it.

Nice psychotic tangents you find yourself throwing around. ADHD much? Take your meds, this wasn't even part of the discussion.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    the GMs also arnt obligated to tell us anything. they can be *******s and not say a damn word about it like over on flyff.

That would make them d0uchebags.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Prices going from 150k to 400k strikes me as inflation. As a properly maintained economy progresses the end game gear and mats should go down in price as it becomes more available rather then up.

E.g. Primordial Saronite for 450g instead of 1k
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]