Being banned makes you an internet hero

Options

Comments

• Aisubeki - Sanctuary
    Aisubeki - Sanctuary Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    No not in the thread

But you're in the "Fallen Heroes" sigs now ._.
    all of the fallen hero sigs contain people banned for being mature and such. these people being wannabes afterwards posting illegal garbage, of course they arent heroes. they're idiots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    remember our fallen heroes
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Read my sig, I'm Zanryu.

Yeah saw it after the post, didn't feel like editing it.
    all of the fallen hero sigs contain people banned for being mature and such. these people being wannabes afterwards posting illegal garbage, of course they arent heroes. they're idiots.

Then why is NightmareXz in your sig? Shall I point out her thread that begins with "**** you?" ^^;

If it hasn't vanished off the face of the forums
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaoticrampage
    chaoticrampage Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

Then why is NightmareXz in your sig? Shall I point out her thread that begins with "**** you?" ^^;

Because she was with the cause, she knew what points we were trying to get across, and she was there for the whole thing. She supported us and when people were banned for a crappy reason she spoke out against it. I'd assume that's why.
  • Ambition - Raging Tide
    Ambition - Raging Tide Posts: 1,152 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I want to be an internet hero.

Stupid GMs, ***** *** n1ggers. Stupid lame piece of ****s. Racist d1ckheads. ch1nky mother ****ers. damn beaners
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaoticrampage
    chaoticrampage Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I want to be an internet hero.

Stupid GMs, ***** *** n1ggers. Stupid lame piece of ****s. Racist d1ckheads. ch1nky mother ****ers. damn beaners

lmao xD
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

The fact is, the company is too cheap to hire or use forum specific management. Certainly this is a for-profit corporation, yet they still choose to neglect the forums and ignore what the player base actually says.

And as I've said to complaints like this, show me one F2P MMO forum that does. They all have volunteer mods alongside GMs that have more responsibilities on their list than just the forums; they're generally involved with answering tickets and relaying player satisfaction to the devs or other responsibilities involved with communications. In this sense, it's ridiculous to demonize PWE for doing....exactly what every other F2P MMO company does. Don't get me wrong; I agree with you that it'd be nice, but let's get real: nobody does that. It'd be nice if Aldi's had a worker who's job it was to push my shopping cart and help me get my groceries home too, but let's get real: nobody does that.

Which gets into your other point about neglecting what the people say. The GMs can't take action: they can only play messenger. They can only whine and beg and plead and yell at the devs to make these changes because the player base wants them. And do the devs make that change? No. Why? Because it's much easier to slap all the changes made in the original version on the international version and say "gg." If they treat the two seperately, that means they'll develop into two "different" game and then suddenly they'll need to hire more workers to take care of all these differences that have developed.

Again, yes, I agree with you it be nice if they answered our specific requests instead of slapping all of China's changes on our version, assuming our version must be fairly similar to CH PW. While this does work sufficiently, it does produce bumps. For instance, I'm sure CH PW doesn't have as much trouble with TT bosses as we do. It WOULD be great if we had our own personalized updates....but what company does that? A company's goal is to make money, and the stuff you're suggesting is doomed to be a victim of cut costs and money saving techniques.

I'm sure the GMs do do everything they can to relay our reactions to the devs, but I'm also sure the devs won't listen. I've accepted this, and though I know people have a right to feel frustrated when their requests go unanswered, what's happened recently is just ridiculous no matter how you look at it. If you find bad service at a McDonald's drive-thru, you don't spray paint the side of their building. You also don't call those that do heroes, nor do you march inside and give a speech about liberty. You just stop going.

And if you complain to a McDonald's manager about a certain worker, and the worker is removed under the promise that "he'll never work here again," then four months later you find out he's been given a second chance, you have a right to be disappointed and doubt the effectiveness of the McDonald's management, but you know what you do after that? You wait and see if that same worker is still a problem, and if the worker is kept despite his pi$$-poor service. You respectfully complain and express how displeased you are.

You don't burn down McDonald's.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Psychosiss - Heavens Tear
    Psychosiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    LOL of all games you mention....mine.

Dude, I was chatting with Xagel often around the time that that happened.
    Though Xagel did **** up in other regards (which became his downfall; ask yourself why the pics were important. And they didn't just threaten; they posted it), he was a good GM who actually listened to people.

The game was ALWAYS trash though; Xagel was simply the last GM who gave an effort to get the devs off their asses, so it was the last nail in the coffin when he left.

Even then, Flyff's story doesn't quite match the story posted, no? I never heard anything about death threats and I actually had contact with Xagel and one of the pserver people as this story unraveled. These guys did what they did because they wanted 1) profits from their illegal private server 2) security for said private server; Xagel was active against it, and though they didn't think he'd succeed, they wanted him off their back.
    And actually I don't think their Pserver was ever shut down by Xagel, though I could be wrong; that wasn't my focus at the time. What set them off and made them hit Xagel with the pics and all was...a girl (which is also how the pics came to be). The pserver dudes wanted him gone for a while, but when Xagel provided a scandilous photo and offended a female friend (of his AND the pserver dudes) in the process...well yeah, it gave her the motivation to give her pserver friends the tools to do it, and of course they did it, since Xagel offending their female friend was "the final straw." :P

Now see how disappointing PWI drama is? We've got sex scandals and love triangles and scandilous photos on Flyff.
    PWI? We've got a half-truth about one mod. Yaaaawn~

the pserver was shut down at one point as i was playing it at that time. they had to reset it up right after the incident which from my understanding pissed them off. no there was no death threats made to xagel, but after what happened to him in that game i dont find it all far fetched for it to happen to other GMs in other games.

and yes i agree, flyff is 10x worst then PWI imo. frankie is not nearly as bad as the CM in flyff.

if you guys want to see GMs really not giving a **** about players play flyff.. atleast this game actually post stickies about players concerns *rolls eyes* the main reason i moved to PWI was because of the BS that was in flyff. this is a much better game, and the people that are whining are just being spoiled since spoons left.
  • Aisubeki - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yeah saw it after the post, didn't feel like editing it.

because i just copy pasted the most recent one,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options
    because i just copy pasted the most recent one,
    Like I said, I'm not happy with the admins, not happy at all. But it's the community's job to act as mature as much as we expect the admins to act mature.

And just because they don't (in our view) does not we should not.

*Edited for snappiness ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options

if you guys want to see GMs really not giving a **** about players play flyff.. atleast this game actually post stickies about players concerns *rolls eyes*

Though Xagel did bring about his own demise in a way. I mean, he was flirting with a player, and he took the pics. So it can't happen to just ANY GM....only the horndog ones. 8D

And you know what, I think it should be a requirement to play Flyff for a couple months before you're allowed to post on the PWI forums.

People will be begging to come back, complaining that we've sent them to complete an inhumane task.

What cracks me up is when people complain about a mod here NOT locking a thread. Anytime that one mod shows up (name starts with A), she locks everything. EVERYTHING. I flippin' hate it, and if anyone wants to complain about her, then more power to you. She's the only one that does it though, and complaining about NOT locking a thread??

People here often say "hurrhurr you dissed PWI! inb4 lock." In Flyff, they actually DO lock that stuff. Not just one mod, not just sometimes. Everyone, all the time.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    Pot_Head - Harshlands Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    whats Flyff? b:surrender

not a hard core gamer pwi is only mmo i have played and will ever play because in the end all mmos end up this way >.>
  • Aisubeki - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    So you're saying your just adding people because other people added them? Not because you personally saw their posts and support them and their actions?

That's called bandwagoning I believe.

Like I said, I'm not happy with the admins, not happy at all. But it's the community's job to act as mature as much as we expect the admins to act mature.

And just because they don't (in our view) does not we should not.
    i am one of the people in the sig, i copy pasted it as it kept getting updated, but now its getting out of hand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Nak has been permabanned twice, IP banned once.

And here we are. Fight for your right to PAAAAARTY.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Though Xagel did bring about his own demise in a way. I mean, he was flirting with a player, and he took the pics. So it can't happen to just ANY GM....only the horndog ones. 8D

And you know what, I think it should be a requirement to play Flyff for a couple months before you're allowed to post on the PWI forums.

People will be begging to come back, complaining that we've sent them to complete an inhumane task.

What cracks me up is when people complain about a mod here NOT locking a thread. Anytime that one mod shows up (name starts with A), she locks everything. EVERYTHING. I flippin' hate it, and if anyone wants to complain about her, then more power to you. She's the only one that does it though, and complaining about NOT locking a thread??

People here often say "hurrhurr you dissed PWI! inb4 lock." In Flyff, they actually DO lock that stuff. Not just one mod, not just sometimes. Everyone, all the time.

not to mention that the mods on flyff are BEYOND stuck up and the biggest and major *** kissers of the absolute fail GMs that we do have on that game. also they would lock your posts for the stupidest of things.

honestly you guys dont even have to play the game itself. go to the forums, use the search function and search "asal". that will give you a good idea of how ****ed up the game is in terms of balance and in terms of how much the GMs dont give a ****.

you guys honestly should be grateful that the GMs actually read your concerns and are considerate enought to post them as stickies on the general forums. flyff GMs dont even pretend to care. oh w8 i take that back, they did pretend to care when they made that v16 thread to change the new job names. and flyff players know how that turned out *rolls eyes*
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i am one of the people in the sig, i copy pasted it as it kept getting updated, but now its getting out of hand.

Yeah I edited my post because you can't possibly know everything that's being postedb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    And as I've said to complaints like this, show me one F2P MMO forum that does. They all have volunteer mods alongside GMs that have more responsibilities on their list than just the forums; they're generally involved with answering tickets and relaying player satisfaction to the devs or other responsibilities involved with communications. In this sense, it's ridiculous to demonize PWE for doing....exactly what every other F2P MMO company does. Don't get me wrong; I agree with you that it'd be nice, but let's get real: nobody does that. It'd be nice if Aldi's had a worker who's job it was to push my shopping cart and help me get my groceries home too, but let's get real: nobody does that.

This is a for-profit corporation. The relevance of 'this other game doesn't do this so this one shouldn't be expected to' is pretty much a fail argument. I'm pretty certain PWE is a far larger company than most of the other F2P for-profit companies in existence. From what a number of people have said that on games this large it's not uncommon for each server to have a dedicated server-specific full-time GM... I don't really know or care what other games do, those are other games. I do know that things here are far worse from the actual actions of the staff, not just the inactions which compound with the overall frustrations.

It's also unfair for a spouse to kill their mate after prolonged and excessive neglect or abuse, but it happens and when it does, it's usually deemed legally justified. I never said that I fully agreed with what has happened, but I will say that I see that they have their valid reasons to act how they are acting. It's not just a conspiracy of a few no-name trolls, it's the actions and desires of a number of what were dedicated and long time players just fed up with how they've been 'handled'.

This is a very touchy transitional period for PWI. With FW opening up soon and the amount of discontent that has been brewing here for a year or more has thrown the game into the fire... is it fair? That doesn't matter as it's highly subject to perspective, but it's clear that there has to be some alterations to how the PWI staff handle the PWI player base. It's clear that their business model makes them a lot of money, but it's also clear that their customer service relations don't care about their customers. Sure, it hardly matters to you, and that's fine. PWI has never had to deal with this situation because it's been in the brewing for 2 years... something will have to change or their business model will no longer maximize their profit potential. They just keep shooting themselves in the foot and all the people who were betting on them don't see them making the distance in the long run.

Oh well, enough about this. We have our separate views and not much will really change that.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

Oi. PW MY-EN might be a better choice if simply because it's a different English version of PW.

People complain about no maint/patch for two weeks here...try seven months with no patch and when there finally is one again, all it is is fashion and a box. The patch before it back in January was only to take out a box. No response from the GMs except vague things on Facebook about it which turned out to mostly be for the PW MY-CN version.

Lets also not get into people's characters that have been stuck in the blackhole that is fb109 Hell for years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    whats Flyff? b:surrender

not a hard core gamer pwi is only mmo i have played and will ever play because in the end all mmos end up this way >.>

I can safely say I don't regret breaking the rule about "no advertising other MMO's," because the only advertising I have for Flyff is all negative.
    It's an absolute joke of a game, with a title that implies flying is an important aspect of the game, when in reality there's NO flying PVP and only three different monsters that fight in the air.

The forum community there has experienced:

Player favoritism - a player being given items by a GM. Sometimes players would get banned with enough coercing from a CSing player of the opposing guild.
    Sex scandals - GMs becoming romantically involved with players, with cyber texts becoming public and those romantically-involved players recieving special treatment

Sucky GMs who just don't bother -
    many got fired and/or quit their job due to it sucking so bad. Those that quit generally quit because the dev team wouldn't listen to a word they said and knew the job was ****, though some of these stuck around and just stopped bothering. The community would often bet on how many weeks a new GM would last. (not the official forum community; they all kiss butt. Fan forums bet though)

A Dev team that didn't do JACK-
    New content in Flyff was....VERY limited. Usually a new version meant a new way to use the cash shop, without actually adding any new land, classes, textures or anything.
    The very first GM quit after being frustrated with god awful updates from the devs and their unwillingness to reverse said updates. For instance, (and this story is AFTER that first GM quit) you all are complaining about frankie lying. Imagine this for a lie: a new version (version 8) comes out, it contains ONLY bad and extremely disappointing updates, player base drops dramatically, and they remove the version, promising the international version won't get it. Later, when the Korean counterpart recieves version 9, the international version is slipped version 9, which also included version 8. Basically we got three more months to enjoy Version 7.
    We once got "new land." One day a player realized that the "new land" was actually an old woods-themed prison that was taken out of the game. All the devs did was cover it in snow textures and call it "new." Any four year old could've made this change in minutes.

GM's who barely speak English - I tried to report a hacker once and almost got banned under the accusation that I had just tried to claim I was a GM. I'm not kidding

Locks. Locks everywhere -
    'Nuff said. Mods were also often quite rude.

Incompetent GMs and mods - The game once had severe lag issues. Many GMs and mods pointed the finger at skill spammers: people that spammed skills while AFK to level those skills up. Logically, I found this a ridiculous explanation, because every mage class was, in theory, a skill spammer, since they always spam skills to attack, and the servers SHOULD be able to handle this. My threads about this would immediately be locked until one day someone caught the head GM in a thread and asked him about this issue. He said this was ridiculous and that skill spamming had nothing to do with the lag. The other GMs and mods just blamed the lag on them without reason and went around KILLING THE PLAYERS who did this, sometimes even banning them, I believe. Why they did this? God only knows.

I know I'm forgetting stuff, but yeah, this is why I look at the PWI forums and wonder wtf you all are complaining about.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I can safely say I don't regret breaking the rule about "no advertising other MMO's," because the only advertising I have for Flyff is all negative.
    It's an absolute joke of a game, with a title that implies flying is an important aspect of the game, when in reality there's NO flying PVP and only three different monsters that fight in the air.

Player favoritism - a player being given items by a GM. Sometimes players would get banned with enough coercing from a CSing player of the opposing guild.
    Sex scandals - GMs becoming romantically involved with players, with cyber texts becoming public and that player recieving special treatment

many got fired and/or quit their job due to it sucking so bad. Those that quit generally quit because the dev team wouldn't listen to a word they said and knew the job was ****. The community would often bet on how many weeks a new GM would last.

New content in Flyff was....VERY limited. Usually a new version meant a new way to use the cash shop, without actually adding any new land, classes, textures or anything.
    The very first GM quit after being frustrated with god awful updates from the devs and their unwillingness to reverse said updates. For instance, (and this story is AFTER that first GM quit) you all are complaining about frankie lying. Imagine this for a lie: a new version (version 8) comes out, it contains ONLY bad and extremely disappointing updates, player base drops dramatically, and they remove the version, promising the international version won't get it. Later, when the Korean counterpart recieves version 9, the international version is slipped version 9, which also included version 8. Basically we got three more months to enjoy Version 7.

GM's who barely speak English - I tried to report a hacker once and almost got banned under the accusation that I had just tried to claim I was a GM. I'm not kidding

'Nuff said.

Incompetent GMs and mods - The game once had severe lag issues. Many GMs and mods pointed the finger at skill spammers: people that spammed skills while AFK to level those skills up. Logically, I found this a ridiculous explanation, because every mage class was, in theory, a skill spammer, since they always spam skills to attack, and the servers SHOULD be able to handle this. My threads about this would immediately be locked until one day someone caught the head GM in a thread and asked him about this issue. He said this was ridiculous and that skill spamming had nothing to do with the lag. The other GMs and mods just blamed the lag on them without reason and went around KILLING THE PLAYERS who did this, sometimes even banning them, I believe. Why they did this? God only knows.

I know I'm forgetting stuff, but yeah, this is why I look at the PWI forums and wonder wtf you all are complaining about.

Because the GMs on WoW and EQ were always helpful and competent. PW? Not so much.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Options

Sex scandals - GMs becoming romantically involved with players, with cyber texts becoming public and that player recieving special treatment

many got fired and/or quit their job due to it sucking so bad. Those that quit generally quit because the dev team wouldn't listen to a word they said and knew the job was ****. The community would often bet on how many weeks a new GM would last.

'Nuff said.

QFTb:thanks
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Because the GMs on WoW and EQ were always helpful and competent. PW? Not so much.

Ah, but you just compared two P2Ps with a F2P, you're expectations are too high.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Options

LOL! lets not get started on blizzard. i have a **** ton to rant on them about after the balance they ****ed up on with terran and zerg in SC2. and WoW is self explanatory, all you need to do is play the expansions that ****ed everyone over.
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options

Sex scandals - GMs becoming romantically involved with players, with cyber texts becoming public and those romantically-involved players recieving special treatment

many got fired and/or quit their job due to it sucking so bad. Those that quit generally quit because the dev team wouldn't listen to a word they said and knew the job was ****, though some of these stuck around and just stopped bothering. The community would often bet on how many weeks a new GM would last. (not the official forum community; they all kiss butt. Fan forums bet though)

We once got "new land." One day a player realized that the "new land" was actually an old woods-themed prison that was taken out of the game. All the devs did was cover it in snow textures and call it "new." Any four year old could've made this change in minutes.

'Nuff said. Mods were also often quite rude.

Did you even answer the question I asked you? What is flyff? That's all.... >.>

and if you reply make it 1 sentence :) b:thanks
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

Flyff is a faily F2P MMO. Supposedly has flying, but not really.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options

b:thanks ty
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options

When they say "Fly For Fun," they literally mean "for fun."

As in, there's no actual purpose in flying unless it just somehow amuses you.
    I <3 AGOREY
    edited October 2010
    Options

TL;DR flyff is a MMO that use to be a great game, but started to slowly and epically fail when version 9 hit. for every version that came out after that (up to v15 now and nearly v16) it has gotten 2x worst.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

*snip*

So basically you've been conditioned...

Your previous girlfriend used to beat you up with an iron skillet... you dumped her and found a new one. The new one only punches and kicks you from time to time before completely ignoring you, but everything is fine because that iron pan doesn't go 'clunk' every time it hits you upside the head anymore and that after your beaten you're left alone and neglected.

Another fail argument I'm afraid.

How the other game treated you is really irrelevant except to state how much abuse you're willing to tolerate here.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    LOL! lets not get started on blizzard. i have a **** ton to rant on them about after the balance they ****ed up on with terran and zerg in SC2. and WoW is self explanatory, all you need to do is play the expansions that ****ed everyone over.

bawwwwwwww terran imba.

And I play wow currently, I'm a rather top-tier raider. How'd they **** everyone over then?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Options
    So basically you've been conditioned...

Your previous girlfriend used to beat you up with an iron skillet... you dumped her and found a new one. The new one only punches and kicks you from time to time before completely ignoring you, but everything is fine because that iron pan doesn't go 'clunk' every time it hits you upside the head anymore and that after your beaten you're left alone and neglected.

Another fail argument I'm afraid.

How the other game treated you is really irrelevant except to state how much abuse you're willing to tolerate here.

thats the thing, there is no abuse in this game. what you people are raging about is something that the devs changed. the only thing that the GMs was able to control doing was the packs and the new TW rules. you people didnt like it and started to act like animals.

as far as ive seen the GMs have been pretty active with the forums and are up to date with concerns. they even admitted to not liking a few changes that the devs made to the game. but you guys want to compare frankie to spoonz and deem him as a fail GM even tho frankie has been pretty good with the community and communicating with us. but after what happened this week i will not question him if he ignores you all altogether. and once that happens then you will know how it feels to have "a GM that does not care".