Being banned makes you an internet hero

12346»

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    tbh, you really have no room to talk. I have seen my fair share of idiotic, useless, and pointless post that made you look like a idiot that you have made in these forums. especially in the sin forums.b:surrender

you will always be known as a idiot over there micheal.

lolwut?

I've never posted in the Sin forums. Nice, another ashamed troll hiding behind an alt.

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited October 2010

GMs aren't even supposed to spawn in-game items without approval from a supervisor. That's why they only do it during maintenance so they can actually log what they had to do.

Do you really believe that? explain how bidding works then. or the jones blessings. or the anniversary gifts, and various other events where they give out items. they dont need permission to spawn in game items and use them as prizes or gifts. there is a limit on what they can and cant give, but CS items are not among those limits.

to understand this you simply have to look at the game files. there does not need to be a maintenance to have a item put into the CS if the item was already in the games file. items are put in during maintenance mainly because of convenience even tho technically it can be put in at any time. if the item has already been coded/patched into the game, it does not need to be patched/coded into the game again...

but i would love for you to get proof of why you think this.
    edited October 2010
    Do you really believe that? explain how bidding works then. or the jones blessings. or the anniversary gifts, and various other events where they give out items. they dont need permission to spawn in game items and use them as prizes or gifts. there is a limit on what they can and cant give, but CS items are not among those limits.

to understand this you simply have to look at the game files. they do not neede to be a maintenance to have a item put into the CS if the item was already in the games file.

Jones blessings and Anniversary Gifts are not the work of the GMs. Those were scripted by the web developers who linked the web site to the servers... Those were already approved.

Events with prizes.... guess what? Pre-approved.

You think a GM can spawn a Lunar Insignia? You bet they can. Are they allowed to spawn whatever they want and do whatever with it? Of course not. Could they get in trouble or even get fired for it? You bet. Every item in PWI can be tracked. Items that GMs spawn are done after they're approved and the record has been noted. It's no different than working at Target and saying since you work there you can take anything home you want. Sure, you can if you really want to... you can also get busted for theft as well. You don't think PWE management takes in-game items seriously? A Lunar Insignia: Weapon on my server is over 70m. That's over $150 of potential money PWI would make. Think they don't keep track of stuff like that? lol

When it comes to replacing items like Lunar Bows that were +12 and recast without Cheinkuns, expensive items that were NPC'd, they just don't automatically respawn them and give them to you. They're done during Maintenance and sent out at that time so they can keep track of all the tickets and items created and sent out.

An unscrupulous GM could make a couple thousand extra dollars on the side every week if they decided to spawn a couple extra items to sell to a major cash shopper they could trust. You think that PWE or PWI doesn't take this into consideration or hasn't had this happened? You don't think they perform audits? lol You really are gullible aren't you?
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    C'mon everyone. Go get banned so that you will be remembered fondly, your grandchildren proudly telling stories about how you fought proudly in the great Nerd Rage war of October 2010, and how you died in the name of...whatever the hell it is we're doing.

people like you should be parachuted to any place of conflict in rl world

your common sense + self-righteousness would cease any fire in short time i bet
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
    edited October 2010
    Jones blessings and Anniversary Gifts are not the work of the GMs. Those were scripted by the web developers who linked the web site to the servers... Those were already approved.

Events with prizes.... guess what? Pre-approved.

You think a GM can spawn a Lunar Insignia? You bet they can. Are they allowed to spawn whatever they want and do whatever with it? Of course not. Could they get in trouble or even get fired for it? You bet. Every item in PWI can be tracked. Items that GMs spawn are done after they're approved and the record has been noted. It's no different than working at Target and saying since you work there you can take anything home you want. Sure, you can if you really want to... you can also get busted for theft as well. You don't think PWE management takes in-game items seriously? A Lunar Insignia: Weapon on my server is over 70m. That's over $150 of potential money PWI would make. Think they don't keep track of stuff like that? lol

When it comes to replacing items like Lunar Bows that were +12 and recast without Cheinkuns, expensive items that were NPC'd, they just don't automatically respawn them and give them to you. They're done during Maintenance and sent out at that time so they can keep track of all the tickets and items created and sent out.

An unscrupulous GM could make a couple thousand extra dollars on the side every week if they decided to spawn a couple extra items to sell to a major cash shopper they could trust. You think that PWE or PWI doesn't take this into consideration or hasn't had this happened? You don't think they perform audits? lol You really are gullible aren't you?

so, with you saying this, what makes you think the GMs dont have any say so on when to give out items? as long as they are given permission, they can sell an item in the cs/give out an item on the time frame they came to an agreement on. you said it yourself, all they need is permission to do so.

if the higher ups want to sell packs each month and the players dont like it, the GMs can ask "the players do not like the packs, can we thin the sales of packs we sell each month to suit the needs of the players?" and if the higher ups says "yes" then they can decide when and how to distribute those packs to players. example: at this point the gms can decide to put the packs on sale once every 3 months or something.

if the higher ups says "no" then packs will continue to be sold each and every month.

also that last part you are talking about is blatant scandals. they cant do that regardless of the situation....
    edited October 2010
    so, with you saying this, what makes you think the GMs dont have any say so on when to give out items?

if the higher ups want to sell packs each month and the players dont like it, the GMs can ask "the players do not like the packs, can we thin the sales of packs we sell each month to suit the needs of the players?

Umm... were you here in the forums for the first Anniversary Packs? More than 1 GM stated that they didn't think they should be out as long as they were, and I think it was Spoons who told them not to bring them back... but they kept coming back... the first time, what 3 weeks after they were taken out, back in for longer than a month, then taken out and then put back in a week later, then taken out only to be replaced by Coral Packs 3 weeks later... etc... I guess you don't remember that far back.

I guess you also don't remember every.... other... time... that a GM has said, they'll look into something or ask with absolutely no effect.

One GM even stated that they'll look into brining back the +8 orb for a specific user.... paraphrased 'I'll ask and try to get them back in'... but they never did.

Time and again they've made comments, or have said they'll try to get something done... nothing has happened... it's pretty obvious why... the people who decide on sales are much higher on the corporate food chain. Being a GM, technical support, billing support, or other department employee who answers tickets and deals directly with the customer base are far removed from upper management where the real decisions are made.

Don't believe me? Then you must think it's a cluster**** at their offices? Hardly. They're a corporation with 2,900 some odd employees... there is a definite structure or pecking order that you don't see or even realize posting on the forums or playing the game.

So either they're complete liars or they're just the bottom of the food chain and are paid to do their job like any normal person and don't have much say on what's going on. Which one is it? You really can't have it both ways.

And the GM equivalent of a job elsewhere would be like working the Help Desk at Microsoft or *insert technology company*. It's not an executive job being a GM. Why do you think they have all this massive power within their company structure? They don't.

also that last part you are talking about is blatant scandals. they cant do that regardless of the situation....

Well then, how can't they? They just create an item.... tell a friend, 'hey, PayPal me $400 cash and I'll give you a +12 orb or a Scroll of Tome. Why doesn't it happen? Because in-game items are regulated.

I swear, a lot of you gamers don't really know or don't really put any thought into the larger scheme of things.
  • Lanyiara - Harshlands
    Lanyiara - Harshlands Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    C'mon everyone. Go get banned so that you will be remembered fondly, your grandchildren proudly telling stories about how you fought proudly in the great Nerd Rage war of October 2010, and how you died in the name of...whatever the hell it is we're doing.

Im working on it. Being honest and stating opinion and fact FTW!
    edited October 2010
    read my post again very carefully...

if they really did "look in to it" then that means they tried to get permission from the higher ups yes? that is what i said they do in my posts.

if they kept coming back or the +8 orb did not come in shop, then that means they did not get the "ok" to bring it into the boutique.

read the rest of my post and you will see all that you just said relates to my post.

if they dont have the permission, they cant do anything. if they do have the permission, they can. if they had the permission to bring the +8 dragon orb back, they they could have put it in at any time. if they did not have permission, then obviously it wasn't going to be put back.

i really dont think you understand what i am getting at.
    edited October 2010
    read my post again very carefully...

if they really did "look in to it" then that means they tried to get permission from the higher ups yes? that is what i said they do in my posts.

if they kept coming back or the +8 orb did not come in shop, then that means they did not get the "ok" to bring it into the boutique.

read the rest of my post and you will see all that you just said relates to my post.

if they dont have the permission, they cant do anything. if they do have the permission, they can. if they had the permission to bring the +8 dragon orb back, they they could have put it in at any time. if they did not have permission, then obviously it wasn't going to be put back.

i really dont think you understand what i am getting at.

Re-read your post again? No.

You re-read yours:
    me wrote:
    GMs aren't even supposed to spawn in-game items without approval from a supervisor. That's why they only do it during maintenance so they can actually log what they had to do.

to understand this you simply have to look at the game files. there does not need to be a maintenance to have a item put into the CS if the item was already in the games file. items are put in during maintenance mainly because of convenience even tho technically it can be put in at any time. if the item has already been coded/patched into the game, it does not need to be patched/coded into the game again...

You're clearly saying something different now than you were then.

edited October 2010
    Re-read your post again? No.

You re-read yours:

You're clearly saying something different now than you were then.

i see that i miss typed on the 2nd sentence with "dont". but i thought i made it clear with the rest of my post despite that seeing as how i have been saying they do need permission in all of them except that one, but i admit to that mistake i made. its 3 am in the morning and stuff like that will happen. but the rest of my posts and my claims still remain valid and you haven't answered my question yet.

what makes you think the gms are not capable of regulating when in game items are to be given out?

we already got the permissions out the way, so i want to know why you think they cant because in all reality they can as long as they have permission like i have been saying.

you also seem to think that items can only be put into the game during maintenance which is also not true.
  • Ansei - Raging Tide
    Ansei - Raging Tide Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Then why is NightmareXz in your sig? Shall I point out her thread that begins with "**** you?" ^^;

If it hasn't vanished off the face of the forums

Because before I made that thread, I had posted others where I did not say **** you to the staff. It was closed and moved. My point didn't seem to get across so I followed Zanryu and gave them exactly what I thought, including vulgar language.
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    *burps* Damn out of popcorn..

Sorry for the interruption....

Carry on.
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    i see that i miss typed on the 2nd sentence with "dont". but i thought i made it clear with the rest of my post despite that seeing as how i have been saying they do need permission in all of them except that one

Well then why are we arguing? This is pretty much what I've been stating the whole time? lol

you also seem to think that items can only be put into the game during maintenance which is also not true.

No, I know they can. GMs actually deny that they can spawn items in-game, but that's a lie.

Sure in-game items may just be pixels, but for PWE/PWI it's product. It may not be tangible, but it is one of their primary sources of income. Scroll of Tome... sells for 250m on most servers... that's $600 USD. I wonder how easily you could sell a bunch of those at 150m or so...
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Not really, last 2 weeks I didn't have to update my client at all yet the cash shop has suffered shift of sales and promotions, and removed tiger packs etc. It's all 100% server-side.

As the sales are the same across all servers it makes no sense to have the sales set serverside. (due to redundancy) The sales are set into the packs ahead of time, remember that patches are not just a one-week matter.
    i really have no other way to put it for you 2 idiots. all i can say is play other MMOs instead of harp on PW as if you think you know how its managed. in all of the games i have played GMs have control over when something in the CS is sold.

ill use flyff as an example again. the GMs had a sale that was pretty similar to the pack sale for PWI. it was available for 3 days then it is taken out. the players spammed the forums and asked for an extention. the GMs extended the sale for 2 more days then took it out. during this time they were able to take out and put in the item AT WILL. ive experienced this in all MMOs i have played INCLUDING this one.

but i guess you guys never heard of "weekend" sales where they can put in certain items for the weekend in and then take it out at will.

and you are saying GMs have no control over when they can sell it and when not to sell it? get some more experience son. NEW items that the devs think should be put on sale comes from a patch. onces its patched into the game its in the game and the GMs can use it for additional sales when they want to.

And you don't think it's the developers doing this why?
    The only time an item was removed from CS was with the perfect horn and it was removed, oh my, during a maintenance.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    As the sales are the same across all servers it makes no sense to have the sales set serverside. (due to redundancy) The sales are set into the packs ahead of time, remember that patches are not just a one-week matter.

And you don't think it's the developers doing this why?
    The only time an item was removed from CS was with the perfect horn and it was removed, oh my, during a maintenance.

Except that's not completely true.

Remember back about a year and a half ago when they were testing their ability to start/end sales at any time they chose via teles and esos? How about that very first battle pet pack sale that lasted two hours and started in the middle of the week?

Sales are not tied to patches or maint at all. They're tied to when the marketing department says that it's time to sell something. It's merely the most convenient to change the sales during maint since that's the time the game is down and thus, people are going to have to check the forums/news pages and the like. Plus it allows you to give the players a pre-determined duration and condition them on when to expect changes, which influences the economy somewhat (gold prices always rise on the first day of a sale and on the day before the sale).

The devs have nothing to do with sales outside of creating the items themselves. Let's not forget that the Tideborn charm is, in essence, an exact replica of a Plat HP charm. They could easily have made quests and packs the source of this charm but, instead, said charm was put into the cash shop as well. Also you can take a look at all the fash on ecatomb that we know is in the game... yet hasn't been released here because marketing, not the devs, have decided that it shouldn't be released yet.

tl;dr version: Devs make the code for the item. Sales department decides if, when, and how the item should be available for purchase.
  • Somesword - Sanctuary
    Somesword - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    >> being banned makes you an internet hero
    >> an internet hero
    >> an hero

wanna toss my salad?
    i just tossed yours b:cute
  • BlackOcirus - Sanctuary
    BlackOcirus - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    i got banned for a week for telling a GM "*** you" to his face in world chat :3 tttttooooooooooooooooooooooootally worth it lmao
    Who needs a Signature anyways? :P

BO BlackOcirus The OBB Original Bow Barb

-My Future Began With the First Note That Was Ever Sang-