Being banned makes you an internet hero

Options

Comments

• Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    There, I've answered your questions to me, whereas all you've done is defended your right to cause a ruckus. Mind saying WHY you're causing a ruckus, or what good this ruckus will do? I mean, you ask me what the purpose of my threads are, calling them useless, and yet I'm having quite a nice discussion with Ansei and there's some people thanking me for my posts.

I haven't defended any right to cause a ruckus. I said you were adding to the problem.

And personally, I joined the ruckus because it's funny. It doesn't serve any purpose except my amusement. I haven't exactly gotten banned, nor have I done anything to get banned. I already trash talk aryannamage whenever it came up, and I will make the same insinuations for whatever crappy mod that comes along. THAT is my way of dealing things. But all the raging is funny, so I join it.

And frankly, though your OP was funny, your thread is still quite useless. Thank you for the amusement, but that was all it was useful for.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

And frankly, though your OP was funny, your thread is still quite useless. Thank you for the amusement, but that was all it was useful for.

Alright guys, time to shut the thread down cause Lenore isn't enjoying it any more. Our lives are now meaningless.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • chaoticrampage
    chaoticrampage Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Alright guys, time to shut the thread down cause Lenore isn't enjoying it any more. Our lives are now meaningless.

I can has medal for getting banned first?
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options

Did I say it stopped being funny? Did I say threads I don't find funny should be shut down? Did I say I am not enjoying this thread right now?

Your logic is usually pretty sound. Right now it's failing from too many assumptions.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options

Your logic is usually pretty sound. Right now it's failing from too many assumptions.

Maybe because I've asked for answers from you and I've only been answered with rhetorical questions. :U

inb4 "did I post a rhetorical question??"
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Maybe because I've asked for answers from you and I've only been answered with rhetorical questions. :U

inb4 "did I post a rhetorical question??"

If you knew they were rhetoric you wouldn't need to answer them. I said quite clearly what my point was: people who start a bunch of threads about the flaming are adding to the flaming. My only beef with you is you seem to think you're above everyone else when you do the same.
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I haven't defended any right to cause a ruckus. I said you were adding to the problem.

And personally, I joined the ruckus because it's funny. It doesn't serve any purpose except my amusement. I haven't exactly gotten banned, nor have I done anything to get banned. I already trash talk aryannamage whenever it came up, and I will make the same insinuations for whatever crappy mod that comes along. THAT is my way of dealing things. But all the raging is funny, so I join it.

I'm real happy for you, I'm gonna let you finish, but LONGKNIFE HAD ONE OF THE BEST THREADS OF ALL TIME. OF ALL TIMEE!!
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm real happy for you, I'm gonna let you finish, but LONGKNIFE HAD ONE OF THE BEST THREADS OF ALL TIME. OF ALL TIMEE!!

He tends to make interesting threads. I actually like the other one even more, the one about proper complaining format, or something like that. You should search it up if you haven't seen it.

Edit: Here it is:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=839742
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    If you knew they were rhetoric you wouldn't need to answer them. I said quite clearly what my point was: people who start a bunch of threads about the flaming are adding to the flaming. My only beef with you is you seem to think you're above everyone else when you do the same.

In what way?

I mean, all I'm doing is criticizing a side that not many others are criticizing, and I'm criticizing in a style that no one else is using: satire.

At the same time, you hit me up with these questions like "why do you think this is productive blahblahblah your posts aren't helping at all" and I say, quite clearly: "look at my nice discussion with this user here and others have said they like my points."
    At the same time, I turn around and ask you what the point is in all this GM flaming and you say "oh I'm just doing it for fun."

So basically, you say "my actions are not productive; they're just fun," then you turn around and criticize me because my posts may or may not be productive (I mean, wouldn't the best way to find out be to get off my thread's back and let it run, then see if I get results or not?) and may or may not be similar to those of others (to which I've already answered my style is quite different, and perhaps could make a difference), and you seem to expect me to (or at least heavily imply you expect this of me) either A) Magically make my posts so productive that they cease all flame wars OR B) S.T.F.U..

You also do a great job criticizing me for assuming things, and yet you're just absolutely convinced I think I'm better than everyone else or something.

I'm sorry but I hardly see how a person who is admittedly just dicking around and riding the drama for fun has any right to diss someone because their posts might not end up being productive.
    And quite frankly, I'm also quite sick of posting, trying to get answers from those who do cause a ruckus, and all I end up doing is posting answers and justifications of my own actions.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Aisubeki - Sanctuary
    Aisubeki - Sanctuary Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    And my point is as simple as this: had they said "btw Konari's back," people would've gone ape-$hit anyways. Agree or disagree, but hell, to me the community has always overreacted, and their reactions to THIS right here just prove it for me.
    Having said that, it's easy to sit on the sidelines and say "omg they lied." To put yourselves in their shoes and see your options as 1. Reintroduce him; immediate complaints and controversy OR 2. Give him a new name and a chance to start off on the right foot; people might not complain and might actually gain new hope in PWI. It's either a definite loss or a possible loss, so I really don't see their decision as outrageous. It's quite logical, if seen that way.
    perhaps you do not understand the perspective of why people are angry. it's not the fact konari is back, it is the fact that the people who were trying to give the new CM a chance to connect with them, lied to them. what made dvorak and eatwithspoons so popular prior to frankie was that the community trusted and connected with the player base. frankie has failed to do so sofar, and lying is not a good way to try and gain it. you cant really say logic a leads to logic b so logically the community must be c. proof of overreaction? hardly.
    I'm a law student and everything I do is broken down into two categories: the objective crime and the intention. Both are neccesary to be found guilty, but here I see a crime of lying but a totally different intention. Let the people feel cheated, but don't demonize the mod team as if it's the most outrageous decision ever. I mean ffs look at some of the **** being said here. "Those banned are HEROES." "Omg a mod said 'blah blah blah is ****.' HOW DARE HE, NO ONE EVER USES '****' AS AN INSULT EVER." Seriously?? All because the GMs made a VERY understandable mistake??
    hey look, its exaggerated credentials, a commonly used fallacy of relevance. the alleged crime was to reinstate an inept moderator, under false pretenses. as a 'law student,' you would know darn well should the people use an informant as a witness, and fail to produce his real name, they would recieve a john doe witness, and be held under contempt. no matter 'how well the intentions are' you do not lie no matter what ends you think might be justified.
    Other than that I think, in one week's time, a bunch of people will look back on this and think "I totally lost my mind because the true identity of a mod that wanted a second chance was lied about. What the hell?" Yeah, well maybe it's because he wouldn't've gotten that second chance at all, had they not lied. He wanted/needed a chance to prove his improvement, simple as that.

And other than that, I bet frankie will end up resigning/being fired, and I absolutey do not think he deserves it.
    despite how little, petty, or trivial you may think these people's feelings are, as michael dark told shivalia in another thread, who on earth are you to tell people how to react or behave under these circumstances. you needlessly condemn people who are fighting against something that may be as important to them as one like mrs america may find world peace.

if frankie meets ill fate; it may be needed, seeing as the administration is failing to qwell this conflagration.
    Last and perhaps most importantly, I was once a 14 year old on a children's MMO website, screaming about freedom and people's rights and stuff until the day a GM showed me he was really doing that all along, and I and others had only been hindering him and making his life all the more stressful. He resigned soon after and then we got some pretty bad GMs who truly didn't care. That MMO actually HAD corruption too...Player favoritism, GMs doing jack/not speaking english/having sex scandals with users, lies to the public about bug causes and fixes. The intent of THOSE lies WAS to give themselves room to be lazy.
    been there, and seen that, for 6 whole years. an MMO that literally had a criminal underworld attached to his GM team. a forum that would act as their personal hitmen, issuing death threats; pictures and documents in emails showing they knew exactly where you lived. it was ridiculous. all just because they wanted the game ran their way...

think of it this way, this is a last resort choice to these people. the forums played nice in their 100+ long page pack opinion thread. they were ignored. they tried to retain the same mood in the TW changes, the DQ changes, TT changes. change after change that were ill needed, to combat trouble in PW-CN. this is not pw cn, we did not want nor need these changes. week after week, new bugs get introduced due to these changes we do not want nor need. most of the opinions asked for probably never make it past upper management to the home base. this new moderation team, players inexperienced with PW, on top of the lie were the straw that broke the camels back.

enough playing holier than thou, and condemning those who believe different than you. behaving like an ignorant fool is unbecoming of an adult
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    remember our fallen heroes
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    In what way?

I mean, all I'm doing is criticizing a side that not many others are criticizing, and I'm criticizing in a style that no one else is using: satire.

At the same time, you hit me up with these questions like "why do you think this is productive blahblahblah your posts aren't helping at all" and I say, quite clearly: "look at my nice discussion with this user here and others have said they like my points."
    At the same time, I turn around and ask you what the point is in all this GM flaming and you say "oh I'm just doing it for fun."

So basically, you say "my actions are not productive; they're just fun," then you turn around and criticize me because my posts may or may not be productive (I mean, wouldn't the best way to find out be to get off my thread's back and let it run, then see if I get results or not?) and may or may not be similar to those of others (to which I've already answered my style is quite different, and perhaps could make a difference), and you seem to expect me to (or at least heavily imply you expect this of me) either A) Magically make my posts so productive that they cease all flame wars OR B) S.T.F.U..

You also do a great job criticizing me for assuming things, and yet you're just absolutely convinced I think I'm better than everyone else or something.

I'm sorry but I hardly see how a person who is admittedly just dicking around and riding the drama for fun has any right to diss someone because their posts might not end up being productive.
    And quite frankly, I'm also quite sick of posting, trying to get answers from those who do cause a ruckus, and all I end up doing is posting answers and justifications of my own actions.

Ugh, I'll do this the caveman way:

Me no like mods, me made topics about it.
    You no like flamers, you make topic about it.

Another example-

You think flaming silly, you comment that it's pointless
    I think flaming about flaming is silly, I comment that it's pointless

You don't have to be butthurt about my post. I simply saw it and commented about complaining about complainers. It's no different from you posting in flaming topics about the futility and pointlessnes of the trolling. As for why I know you think you're above these trolls you so despise, your own posts prove it.

If it makes you feel any better I think the flaming topics are useless too. I hope the OPs don't read this post or their feelings might get hurt.

And no, I was not criticizing your making the topic. I explained before: my criticism lies in you thinking you're better because of the side you picked.

Seriously, I thought you post these amusing threads for fun too. You must know by now reasoning with the mob is futile. But I guess I was wrong.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    perhaps you do not understand the perspective of why people are angry. it's not the fact konari is back, it is the fact that the people who were trying to give the new CM a chance to connect with them, lied to them. what made dvorak and eatwithspoons so popular prior to frankie was that the community trusted and connected with the player base. frankie has failed to do so sofar, and lying is not a good way to try and gain it. you cant really say logic a leads to logic b so logically the community must be c. proof of overreaction? hardly.

No, I get that. I covered that in my post, didn't I? My point is this community will always find something to complain about. Always. If this were a different scenario and frankie hadn't lied, I'm sure people would be complaining about being stuck with the same old failed mod right off the bat.
    Has frankie lied before? Cause honestly, a half-truth (to my understanding, frankie simply failed to mention it was the same dude under a new screenie) about the identity of a dude in an attempt to dodge inevitable drama and criticism? Really not that big of a deal.
    hey look, its exaggerated credentials, a commonly used fallacy of relevance. the alleged crime was to reinstate an inept moderator, under false pretenses. as a 'law student,' you would know darn well should the people use an informant as a witness, and fail to produce his real name, they would recieve a john doe witness, and be held under contempt. no matter 'how well the intentions are' you do not lie no matter what ends you think might be justified.

Document forgery, as an example.

You must 1. forge a document 2. that's recognized by figures of power (government, etc) AND you must 1. have intention of forging a document and 2. have intention of fooling figures of power with it.
    The way I see it, frankie forged a document and wanted to, but had no intention of fooling figures of power with it. In our case, frankie lied about the identity of a mod, yes, but frankie is SEVERELY lacking in the malicious/hateful intent that many people seem absolutely convinced that frankie has. The purpose of that lie was to help Konari have an absolutely fresh start; it was a lie told for Konari's benefit, and not intended to hurt the public. People are ABSOLUTELY demonizing the mod team now, talking like they're evil ****. As I said in my last post on the matter, the people have a right to be disappointed, but this is taking it WAAAAAY too far.

Sit there and think "wow frankie lied to us. Can't believe it. At least he apologized and came clean though." Don't sit there and think "omg the GMs are devils and communists and homophobics and tyrants and all the bad words in the world, oh and also those that got banned are heroes."

despite how little, petty, or trivial you may think these people's feelings are, as michael dark told shivalia in another thread, who on earth are you to tell people how to react or behave under these circumstances. you needlessly condemn people who are fighting against something that may be as important to them as one like mrs america may find world peace.

if frankie meets ill fate; it may be needed, seeing as the administration is failing to qwell this conflagration.

I don't think their feelings are little or petty. I think their feelings are hysterical, in the sense that what should be a small, simple issue has exploded all over the forums. Everyone calm the f*** down for Christ's sake.

been there, and seen that, for 6 whole years. an MMO that literally had a criminal underworld attached to his GM team. a forum that would act as their personal hitmen, issuing death threats; pictures and documents in emails showing they knew exactly where you lived. it was ridiculous. all just because they wanted the game ran their way...

Ok now you've gotta be f***ing kidding me. -_-
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Ugh, I'll do this the caveman way:

Me no like mods, me made topics about it.
    You no like flamers, you make topic about it.

That's exactly what I tried saying to YOU in your last post.
    Another example-

You think flaming silly, you comment that it's pointless
    I think flaming about flaming is silly, I comment that it's pointless

Wouldn't that make your commentary about my flaming pointless too? xU
    It's a never-ending argument, what you're arguing. That's exactly what I was trying to say. If we do things your way, no one should EVER comment when they think something's silly. But wtf, people naturally voice their opinion. So yeah, they'll voice their opinion against the mods, I'll voice my opinion about how they're being hysterical. I get that you think it's hopeless and there's no point in my posts, and that's great, but I'm enjoying them and yes I do insist on trying to have a damn discussion about some of the hysterics going on here, so let me be?
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    That's exactly what I tried saying to YOU in your last post.

Wouldn't that make your commentary about my flaming pointless too? xU
    It's a never-ending argument, what you're arguing. That's exactly what I was trying to say. If we do things your way, no one should EVER comment when they think something's silly. But wtf, people naturally voice their opinion. So yeah, they'll voice their opinion against the mods, I'll voice my opinion about how they're being hysterical. I get that you think it's hopeless and there's no point in my posts, and that's great, but I'm enjoying them and yes I do insist on trying to have a damn discussion about some of the hysterics going on here, so let me be?

Good, then you see my point that you are adding to the flames and chaos

Yes, which is why I find it sad that you became all defensive about it.

Doing things my way would be to post and/or be involved in whatever you find fun/interesting/productive. It can be any combination of the three. I said before that I don't find your THREAD pointless. I find them very entertaining, and I'm glad that you do too. However, I don't agree with you thinking that you're above the chaos when you are involving yourself in it, and I said so.

And lastly, I am not trying to keep you from posting. As I said, I found your holier-than-thou attitude comment-worthy and I commented. I certainly didn't expect you to rage back at me in defense of something I wasn't even attacking.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Good, then you see my point that you are adding to the flames and chaos

Yes, which is why I find it sad that you became all defensive about it.

Doing things my way would be to post and/or be involved in whatever you find fun/interesting/productive. It can be any combination of the three. I said before that I don't find your THREAD pointless. I find them very entertaining, and I'm glad that you do too. However, I don't agree with you thinking that you're above the chaos when you are involving yourself in it, and I said so.

And lastly, I am not trying to keep you from posting. As I said, I found your holier-than-thou attitude comment-worthy and I commented. I certainly didn't expect you to rage back at me in defense of something I wasn't even attacking.

Heeeey we're getting somewhere. Think I found the end of the line.

To the blue: The reason I'm defensive about it is because, understand, I'm speaking up because I believe the community has crossed the line. I think they've become absolutely hysterical, and THAT'S why I'm speaking up. However, every time I even BEGIN to criticize, I receive criticism myself. I do NOT believe I'm acting hysterical or unreasonable, and I don't think I'm crossing any line, so it's quite annoying when I try to make my statement, and before it's even finished, I have people criticizing me, questioning the purpose or effectiveness of my argument and all sorts of rhetorical stuff like that. I would much rather stick to hearing people say how on earth they think all this hysteria will help, and to answer "how do you think the criticism of their hysteria will help," I think the only issue is it might not get us anywhere, but I'd certainly love to try instead of just sitting quietly.

And for the last time, where am I showing holier-than-thou attitudes? I'm using friggin' satire, which is mocking via impersonation. It's ALWAYS gonna look arrogant. Just do me a favor and trust me I'm not sitting here with some arrogant smirk on my face. I'm just in awe at the reaction of the public, and I'm trying to hold a mirror up to their faces so they can see what I'm seeing.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Longknife is the best knife in drawer. b:kiss

Now back to avoiding this section of the forums for awhile...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'll admit, while I'm not happy with the admins at all, I'm outright ashamed of some of our community.

Go ahead, call people who post **** threads "heroes"

What does that say about yourself?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'll admit, while I'm not happy with the admins at all, I'm outright ashamed of some of our community.

I like waffles?
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Psychosiss - Heavens Tear
    Psychosiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Ok now you've gotta be f***ing kidding me. -_-

this has some truth to it. i dont know if its the same game she is talking about, but something similar happened in a game called flyff with a very good GM named xagel. the guys were running a pserver and xagel got it shut down. this pissed off the guys of said pserver and they ended up getting xagels personal info and even pics and threatened him with it. this lead to xagel quitting his GM position along with a few other GMs and that pserver was was never bothered again.

the game went down hill after that and never recovered.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options

I look at it more in the sense that I can't name a single damn action that could possibly take place on an internet chat forum as "heroic." It's like calling a person's performance on a test or working a McDonald's window "heroic;" the word just doesn't fit. Then like you said, posting pron and purposefully antagonizing a person is supposed to be heroic??

For that reason, I think we're being hysterical.

On the other hand, what have the GMs done? One GM told a lie. A very logical and understandable lie, then came clean about it.

Way to put things in perspective, PWI forums. b:bye
    I <3 AGOREY
  • chaoticrampage
    edited October 2010
    Options

I like waffles?

ME TOO TEP!!!

Elder, where did you get the idea that people are calling me a hero? As far as I've seen nobody has called me a hero for that particular thread... o.O
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Elder, where did you get the idea that people are calling me a hero? As far as I've seen nobody has called me a hero for that particular thread... o.O

No not in the thread

But you're in the "Fallen Heroes" sigs now ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaoticrampage
    edited October 2010
    Options
    No not in the thread

But you're in the "Fallen Heroes" sigs now ._.

That was created before I made that thread. My being a "Fallen Hero" has nothing to do with the troll post I created.
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Those "heroes" did more harm to this forum than good.. and in such a short amount of time too.. It truly is amazing. Bravo!
    Some things got blown way way wayyyy out of proportion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • chaoticrampage
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I look at it more in the sense that I can't name a single damn action that could possibly take place on an internet chat forum as "heroic." It's like calling a person's performance on a test or working a McDonald's window "heroic;" the word just doesn't fit. Then like you said, posting pron and purposefully antagonizing a person is supposed to be heroic??

For that reason, I think we're being hysterical.

On the other hand, what have the GMs done? One GM told a lie. A very logical and understandable lie, then came clean about it.

Way to put things in perspective, PWI forums. b:bye

That doesn't change the fact that he LIED to the community.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Still, you just don't get it.

It is not one single reason why the flames erupted the way they did.

There is a long-standing and repetitive habit of the PWI staff to placate discontent and then completely ignore it all the while continue to severely neglect the forums and the user base as well as completely disregard what the community has to say about the things PWI-US actually has control over. For many of us it's been 2 years of abuse and neglect and finally so many things have piled up in the closet that once opened, came tumbling out.

The main problem is that a game of this size and a forum of this magnitude should have a much better and more responsive forum staff. From what I've seen over my past multi-forum life, the only thing that differenciates this forum from an unofficial forum is that it's hosted on the official URL and that it has part time admin and moderators. In fact, most large fan-run boards are far better moderated and have nearly as many product-company ties as this one does, and this is supposed to be an official forum for ****'s sake.

There's really no excuse for how they've 'tolerated' us over the past few years by quelling real problems, pushing it all into a sticky only to be locked, unsticked and sent to the lower depths without any second thought.

The fact is, the company is too cheap to hire or use forum specific management. Certainly this is a for-profit corporation, yet they still choose to neglect the forums and ignore what the player base actually says. It's not just a one-time or subject specific topic, it's how they have been operating since day 1.

Add to all the frustrations I've described and then throw in the latest deception, the poor choice of new moderators and their attitude towards the forums, it's really surprising that people haven't done what they're doing a long time ago.

Then add to the idiocy of everyone saying... oh it's cause of packs, or tw pay or dq nerf or *insert one of a dozen other legitimate issues*... it's really not. It's the compounded neglect of the forums and condescending attitudes coupled with ignoring the forums and user base as well as the game being changed to what it has become. Too much greed without enough concern and the lack of even the desire to put in staff that actually matters has pretty much ruined everything really worthwhile to those that revolted. And, when you **** off people that really cared, it usually doesn't go away without a fight.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Aisubeki - Sanctuary
    Aisubeki - Sanctuary Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    this has some truth to it. i dont know if its the same game she is talking about, but something similar happened in a game called flyff with a very good GM named xagel. the guys were running a pserver and xagel got it shut down. this pissed off the guys of said pserver and they ended up getting xagels personal info and even pics and threatened him with it. this lead to xagel quitting his GM position along with a few other GMs and that pserver was was never bothered again.

no im refering to ragnarok online. you can look up on google about irowiki.org, the wildblades incident with a corrupt gm, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    remember our fallen heroes
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options
    That was created before I made that thread. My being a "Fallen Hero" has nothing to do with the troll post I created.

If you be NightmarezX (or whatever) (like I thought you were, I could be wrong) then the thread I'm speaking of was created before said person was banned. >.>

It was actually created in hopes of getting banned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options

LOL of all games you mention....mine.

Dude, I was chatting with Xagel often around the time that that happened.
    Though Xagel did **** up in other regards (which became his downfall; ask yourself why the pics were important. And they didn't just threaten; they posted it), he was a good GM who actually listened to people.

The game was ALWAYS trash though; Xagel was simply the last GM who gave an effort to get the devs off their asses, so it was the last nail in the coffin when he left.

Even then, Flyff's story doesn't quite match the story posted, no? I never heard anything about death threats and I actually had contact with Xagel and one of the pserver people as this story unraveled. These guys did what they did because they wanted 1) profits from their illegal private server 2) security for said private server; Xagel was active against it, and though they didn't think he'd succeed, they wanted him off their back.
    And actually I don't think their Pserver was ever shut down by Xagel, though I could be wrong; that wasn't my focus at the time. What set them off and made them hit Xagel with the pics and all was...a girl (which is also how the pics came to be). The pserver dudes wanted him gone for a while, but when Xagel provided a scandilous photo and offended a female friend (of his AND the pserver dudes) in the process...well yeah, it gave her the motivation to give her pserver friends the tools to do it, and of course they did it, since Xagel offending their female friend was "the final straw." :P

Now see how disappointing PWI drama is? We've got sex scandals and love triangles and scandilous photos on Flyff.
    PWI? We've got a half-truth about one mod. Yaaaawn~
    I <3 AGOREY
  • chaoticrampage
    edited October 2010
    Options
    If you be NightmarezX (or whatever) (like I thought you were, I could be wrong) then the thread I'm speaking of was created before said person was banned. >.>

It was actually created in hopes of getting banned.

Read my sig, I'm Zanryu.