Twilight Temple Discussion

Options

Comments

• Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    The instances are there for people who choose to farm their gear to do so, but right now that balance is gone. b:sad

late response.......

sry if my tone made it sound like i was arguing with you. you are exactly right in basically everything youve said here.

when anything in the game that is part of the games progression requires cash shop stuff the game is no longer F2P. All items in the cash shop including charms should be optional for all main PvE progression content. (world bosses are not main PvE content but I would say TT90 gear is part of the main progression) like you said the people posting how to do it do not need the drops. alot of people are posting "i've done it its not bad" do not need the drops

Please will someone post a vid of a squad of 6 88-92 ish with average-above average gear that are running for mats trying to get their TT90 (i.e. not a squad of all low 9xs with +5 well sharded TT90) run a 3-1. ......anyone?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    When did he start doing that???

Or are you mixing him up with Steelation.
    Oops. yea forget that part x.x
    Wow qq much? FYI I posted how to kill Colluset in 3-3 the first week after it was changed in this very thread and I have now mentioned it I think 3 more times in this thread. I've pmed/talked on vent to many ppl through how to do it safely. Numerous ppl have mentioned how to kill Colluset in 3-1->3-3 in this thread and others. 99.99% of the ppl who come here to qq that 3-x is too hard now have nfi how to play the game/class and or their gear is way too underleveled too survive. Getting 1 shot cuz you don't have a bm or barb in your squad...hello those buffs help. Ever thing of using pdef/mdef/hp/mp charms/apothecary powders/genies ppl? There have been numerous posts w/ advice on how to survive in 3-x but we still get the ppl w/ + 0-2 gear uncharmed using no apothecary etc. who wanna qq here that 3-x is impossible.

Despite all of this ppl have tried posting hints/suggestions on how to do 3-x but it's been BURIED w/ all the nonstop qq here. There have been videos (sure of some op geared ppl) that shows GASP ppl working together w/ amps etc. simultaneously and ppl CHARMED using genies/apothecary etc. nonstop. But ppl wanna come here and qq nonstop w/out doing some research on their own/expect their answers to be spoon fed to them asap rather then SEARCHING and seeing their questions have been answered numerous times.
    Well charms shouldn't be required to complete a main part of the game. But it kind of is required. For an 87-93 level barb, he will most likely need a charm.

And yes, oh the wonders of noobs hypering all the way to 100 in a month, while having no clue on wtf they're doing, or how to play their class. I feel like a hypocrite everytime I criticize hyper babies, because I hyper, a lot lol. But jeez, some of these 9X-10X players make me wonder how the *** they got to 100...... They are so terrible...

At least I can play my class. >.>
    late response.......

sry if my tone made it sound like i was arguing with you. you are exactly right in basically everything youve said here.

when anything in the game that is part of the games progression requires cash shop stuff the game is no longer F2P. All items in the cash shop including charms should be optional for all main PvE progression content. (world bosses are not main PvE content but I would say TT90 gear is part of the main progression) like you said the people posting how to do it do not need the drops. alot of people are posting "i've done it its not bad" do not need the drops

Please will someone post a vid of a squad of 6 88-92 ish with average-above average gear that are running for mats trying to get their TT90 (i.e. not a squad of all low 9xs with +5 well sharded TT90) run a 3-1. ......anyone?

I do it on a weekly basis. Only exception is our tank, level 100 with 23k HP lol. Uncharmed. But really, his 23k uncharmed, is the equivelant of 15-16k charmed on a full vit level 90ish barb. So yea.

And I don't want to hear "If you need a charm, it's not f2p" because the game has to make money to stay in existence. You don't need a charm to do GBA 3-1. But it definitely helps.

And our gear isn't spectacular. I had half TT90, half TT80 when I first started killing him. Refined to +2/+3 with imac/flawless shards. Everyone else is somewhat similar in gear. And again, only exception is the 100 barb... But jeez. If barbs would build their class the way they were supposed to, ie. not wear claws (lol), not focus on DD and instead keep their focus on tanking (what they're supposed to do), and put just enough str to wear gear, and put the rest in vit for max HP, maybe they would have enough HP to tank... But no, that's too simple.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Options
    You did something most dont do here. And thats actually SHARE the information. What really pisses me off is when people say "we can do it, so stop sucking" (well your 1st comment was that) but then just end it there. How is that at all helpful? Maybe if people were more willing to share information on how to deal with it rather then keeping it to their secretive little clique, there wouldnt be as much QQ.
    Well you see, the more people there are that know how to farm GBA, the more supply of GBA's there are flowing into the market, thus dropping the potential selling price of GBA. So by telling everyone here, I am actually hurting myself. Because I farm him for coins lol. If everyone knew how to do it, this cash cow would get dried up in a second. So most people keep it to themself. I just finally decided to share with everyone to try and get them to sthu.
    GBA boss is fun once you figure out how to do it. b:chuckle

Also.

Hi Ashivas. b:bye

Hiya Grav. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Well you see, the more people there are that know how to farm GBA, the more supply of GBA's there are flowing into the market, thus dropping the potential selling price of GBA. So by telling everyone here, I am actually hurting myself. Because I farm him for coins lol. If everyone knew how to do it, this cash cow would get dried up in a second. So most people keep it to themself. I just finally decided to share with everyone to try and get them to sthu.

Yeah i know why people keep the information secret. But if they think the nailed a technique that took (lets face it, people like Rawthawne who are 100+ and not a good judge on what a TT80 +2-3 geared person farming TT90 is experiencing) high levels to figure it out due to having more durability and thereby not getting completely wiped on a single wrong move. If you're a much lower level (well the actual level you're supposed to be able to do it) you dont have the durability to last through several mistakes to nail the technique. You just get wiped. Parallel it to "practice TW" for people much lower geared & 10+ lower in level, who dont even make it off the spawn, they die too quickly to be able to actually learn anything. Its the higher levels who needed to figure it out & pass it down as a sort of cultural responsibility.

I've played other games with many bosses that are similarly not tank & spank AFK (ussually p2p, as f2p bosses are generally boring on most f2p games). And for these bosses the techniques get learned & spread around till there's enough knowledgeable people around where at least 1 person in your party can give the pre-boss lecture. If people are going to hide "the secret", they dont have the right to complain about the true levels (88-90ish) QQing about 3-1, because they're in general causing it (see above TW parallel as to reason they cant really figure it out themself).
  • Basingeth - Lost City
    Basingeth - Lost City Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I will simply say this. I should not need an entire gold charm for one dang boss in 3-2, yet that is the truth. That is fricking absurd. I took a regular all 10x squad into 3-2 the other day, the regular bosses were fine, but when my cleric gets one-shot anytime she's within 1000 feet of the changed bosses, there is an issue.

I also love all the people saying there are ways to do the 3-1 boss. I've done it, you need two dang clerics. What average squad has two clerics!!? Wake up!! REGULAR people have trouble just getting one good cleric. Get your heads out of the clouds and stop acting like you own the world.

These instances are not of a difficulty to be passable for the players they are intended for. It is cheaper most times for people to now cash-shop the items then try to farm them, because of cost involved.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Stuff

Okay. Lets get this straight.

1. FRIENDS AND GUILDIES. Make friends and join a guild. Not hard to find two clerics then.

2. I have not used any HP charms on 3-1 Behe. I have seldom gotten one-shotted since I hit 5k HP buffed.

3. It is possible to farm the other three pieces of TT90 first and then farm the top. Common sense...people do not have.

4. Ideally, if you're going to farm anything, it should be in a fixed or semi-fixed farming party. Going with randoms...is really not reliable half the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I will simply say this. I should not need an entire gold charm for one dang boss in 3-2, yet that is the truth. That is fricking absurd. I took a regular all 10x squad into 3-2 the other day, the regular bosses were fine, but when my cleric gets one-shot anytime she's within 1000 feet of the changed bosses, there is an issue.

I also love all the people saying there are ways to do the 3-1 boss. I've done it, you need two dang clerics. What average squad has two clerics!!? Wake up!! REGULAR people have trouble just getting one good cleric. Get your heads out of the clouds and stop acting like you own the world.

These instances are not of a difficulty to be passable for the players they are intended for. It is cheaper most times for people to now cash-shop the items then try to farm them, because of cost involved.
    If you need 600k worth of charm to do 1 boss, you don't have enough HP lol. Are you pure vit? Or did you go DD barb, like a jackass. And if you're having that much of a problem with a TT. With all 10x's lol, then your squad fails.

Yes, 2 dang clerics, you got it! You don't know 2 good clerics? Then you must not talk to anyone. I have yet to meet a "bad" cleric in my faction, and we have maybe 20-30 of them.
    It isn't hard to: BB, rebuff, purify, rotate. Those are common cleric skills, used on any run. If a cleric can't handle that, then he sucks, and needs to uninstall the game.

Yes they are passable, I've done it with the intended level range, and we did it with maybe 1-2 deaths. Again... Your squads must really fail. And if you're going with randoms, then you deserve to fail, who the hell runs a high level instance with complete randoms anyways??
    Yeah i know why people keep the information secret. But if they think they nailed a technique that took (lets face it, people like Rawthawne who are 100+ and not a good judge on what a TT80 +2-3 geared person farming TT90 is experiencing) high levels to figure it out due to having more durability and thereby not getting completely wiped on a single wrong move. If you're a much lower level (well the actual level you're supposed to be able to do it) you dont have the durability to last through several mistakes to nail the technique. You just get wiped. Parallel it to "practice TW" for people much lower geared & 10+ lower in level, who dont even make it off the spawn, they die too quickly to be able to actually learn anything. Its the higher levels who needed to figure it out & pass it down as a sort of cultural responsibility.

Well, farm the other TT90 parts first, then go for robe, using a TT80 robe instead of a TT90 robe isn't going to make a difference, and if someone say it does, then they're just making excuses as to why they suck. The only difference between me and a level 90 cleric farming TT90 robe, is I have my robe finished, and he is still farming it. Most people say "intended level range" like it should be a bunch of low 8X's lol. This is for LEVEL 90 GEAR! Not 80 GEAR!! The majority of people that are farming this should be in the low 9X range. But these QQers are acting like 8X's should be farming it lmao, why the *** would a level 83 player be worried about TT90. Get to 90, then farm it. Or start at 87-88, do your pants, boots, sleeves first. Then go for Robe when you get those done and equipped.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Well, farm the other TT90 parts first, then go for robe, using a TT80 robe instead of a TT90 robe isn't going to make a difference, and if someone say it does, then they're just making excuses as to why they suck. The only difference between me and a level 90 cleric farming TT90 robe, is I have my robe finished, and he is still farming it. Most people say "intended level range" like it should be a bunch of low 8X's lol. This is for LEVEL 90 GEAR! Not 80 GEAR!! The majority of people that are farming this should be in the low 9X range. But these QQers are acting like 8X's should be farming it lmao, why the *** would a level 83 player be worried about TT90. Get to 90, then farm it. Or start at 87-88, do your pants, boots, sleeves first. Then go for Robe when you get those done and equipped.

Well for one, i'm not farming anything. I'm far beyond TT90 farming range. I'm just speaking as someone who at least, can empathize withthose struggling to do it. And by intended level range, its 88-93 (as even posted on the pillar), so upper 80s count too, not just low 90s. And its supposed to be doable for people without any TT90 at all since it opens at 88, prior to 2-3 (the other TT90 mats spot which opens at 90), so the 1st time anyone is walking in, generally, without having bought mats, is 88ish with TT80 gear, more then likely not refined beyond +2-+3. That is the situation in which is was supposed to be set up for & doable, and that is the range in which any of my responses address (which is obviously not my current situation).
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    If you need 600k worth of charm to do 1 boss, you don't have enough HP lol. Are you pure vit? Or did you go DD barb, like a jackass. And if you're having that much of a problem with a TT. With all 10x's lol, then your squad fails.

Yes, 2 dang clerics, you got it! You don't know 2 good clerics? Then you must not talk to anyone. I have yet to meet a "bad" cleric in my faction, and we have maybe 20-30 of them.
    It isn't hard to: BB, rebuff, purify, rotate. Those are common cleric skills, used on any run. If a cleric can't handle that, then he sucks, and needs to uninstall the game.

Yes they are passable, I've done it with the intended level range, and we did it with maybe 1-2 deaths. Again... Your squads must really fail. And if you're going with randoms, then you deserve to fail, who the hell runs a high level instance with complete randoms anyways??

That is a contradictory statement. The more HP you have, the faster you will burn through a charm every time it ticks.

I've burned entire charms off for 1 or 2 bosses in 3-x, simply because I ended up charm tanking when the cleric eats it.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Because I like pointing stuff out, there are nice mold tops available at 88 and 87 for arcane and light armor users respectively if you don't have the TT90 top yet:

Devil's Cape Of Aries

Armor Of Millenary Bless

Could also use the FC green armor as well while you farm. I would also like to recommend trying to craft or buy decent OHT armor.

...lets face it. TT80 green/gold is a waste of money and there's a lot of better, cheaper armor to use until you farm TT90.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Malego - Heavens Tear
    Malego - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I just tanked dark in 3-1 with my low level of 83 and we won.b:victory

Had 2 genies with absolute domain for his super aoe that kept the clerics alive, they alternated BB while a veno supplied them chi. Also they kept me purified very well and gave me defense buffs the moment we got purged.
    I kept using frighten to lower its attack power and solid shield on my genie when it was available. Used invoke but only once and it turns out I didn't need it at the time.

We had some great clerics.b:victory
    I am a barb that does not powerlevel, nor cash shop. I may not be the highest level, nor have the best gear. However unlike others, I know how to play.b:pleased
  • Rawthorne - Heavens Tear
    Rawthorne - Heavens Tear Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

Had 2 genies with absolute domain for his super aoe that kept the clerics alive, they alternated BB while a veno supplied them chi. Also they kept me purified very well and gave me defense buffs the moment we got purged.
    I kept using frighten to lower its attack power and solid shield on my genie when it was available. Used invoke but only once and it turns out I didn't need it at the time.

Please tell me you have a ss of your squad or let everyone at least know ure hp, the cleric's etc. I'm tired of the nonstop qqing that 3-x is impossible when 99% of the ppl saying that this game is too hard for them is why they fail. Oh and btw; cz!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Malego - Heavens Tear
    Malego - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Please tell me you have a ss of your squad or let everyone at least know ure hp, the cleric's etc. I'm tired of the nonstop qqing that 3-x is impossible when 99% of the ppl saying that this game is too hard for them is why they fail. Oh and btw; cz!!!!

I'm sure someone from the faction will post a screenshot later. I'll make sure they do. My hp is around 11,400 or so fully buffed in tiger, just over 9k unbuffed, which I am most of the time after he purges.

Most of the squad was 90+, I was the lowest level by far.
    I am a barb that does not powerlevel, nor cash shop. I may not be the highest level, nor have the best gear. However unlike others, I know how to play.b:pleased
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

I do indeed have a SS (I was the cleric that took it). However, I have to say, I am still one of the people saying this is DAMN hard. We attempted it many times. We wiped many times. You will see in the chat box our exclamations of joy at finally taking him down. We did have a couple of high levels in the squad, a 101 wiz and 97 veno; the rest was myself (93 cleric), a 90 cleric, 83 barb and an 88 archer.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/liandera/2010-09-2516-53-53.jpg

My cleric's HP unbuffed is 4.5k. The other cleric's is 3.6k. But the only way we managed to stay alive was by accurately hitting Absolute Domain to counter the cleric-wiping AoEs (previous attempts included misses that ended in party wipes). With a squad of lower levels this boss is extremely difficult to pull off.

But yes, it can be done. We are proof.

EDIT: Oh also, I am broke and my cleric doesn't have fancy gear. Just FYI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Vassaga - Heavens Tear
    Vassaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I'm other cleric (Shavonne). I have TT90 glaive, with immac sapphire, refined to +2, tt90 chest +3 with immac's, and after run I made boots, lol.
    I was in BB.

Nocturne FTW :)
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Options
    That is a contradictory statement. The more HP you have, the faster you will burn through a charm every time it ticks.

I've burned entire charms off for 1 or 2 bosses in 3-x, simply because I ended up charm tanking when the cleric eats it.
    The less HP you got the more often it ticks.

Proof that it can be done. Or will everyone just QQ that they had a 101 wiz?! b:chuckle

Excuses excuses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Candie - Raging Tide
    Candie - Raging Tide Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

Did your party members have good gears?

I'd still like to hear more about low-9x people completing 3-1. It definitely isn't easy but it also isn't impossible. I know that the biggest problem is the chance of wiping. Not all want to try their luck with bad drop rates and constant deaths without actually knowing will they succeed or not. I would but I can tell you, EXP >>> money for many.

Also, 2-3 is easier so you can just do that, sell the mats and get the mats you need.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Options

You're trolling right? o.O

I hope you don't seriously feel accomplished by beating him with 6 level 100+ players. >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Candie - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    Options
    It was my first try doing BH 3-3 , so yes , I feel accomplished , ty
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    BH boss in 3-3 is not hard with 2 clerics tho. The one in 3-1 is what people complain most, especially considering it's supposed to be lower level.
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Options
    My bad, I assumed that was 3-1 lol. It's been the focus of this thread for about 120 pages. Although... I hear 3-1 GBA is actually harder than 3-3 GBA. I don't see how that's posible. But that's what I hear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Candie - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Well ... yes , I never was 1-shot on 3-3 Colluseast , another cleric was killed only once . While GBA boss pours at you insane combination of debuffs and wipes the floor with your party >_>
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    In all honesty, change "can" be good. However, the recent TW/TT/Instance-timers/UI/Nirvana nerfs are just pathetic. This is my first post in this thread - I was one, if not the very first barb on HT, to complete BH3-3 that night when everyone first tried it.

Why are these "nerfs" good?:
    -Change of pace - something "hard", and new for people
    -Harder to farm, so drops are increased in prices - good for people farming for coin

However, they are bad in so many ways. It's really a joke. Firstly, nothing needed to be changed. You know what needs to be changed? The damn code in this game - so bugs and instances are fixed & completed. Some issues that people are having and will have from now on are simply farming their gear.

Okay, so you need a TT3-1. You gather a squad. The squad wants a full run - all bosses. They have average gear, since they are farming TT3-1 for their TT90 mats - for TT90 gear, thus they have TT80 or Legendary gear, at best. By lvl 90, you shouldn't have crazy coin, nor crazy gear unless you spent lots of rl cash, or merch. This squad can't complete TT 3-1. They aren't willing to purchase charms, and they don't have vent/skype for VoIP. Now what? Sure, they can work together all they want, but they are stuck.

Simply put, the game has shifted to P2P, and this was almost a year ago when the shift had began. Sure, it isn't a monthly payment, but in order to sustain life, and have your lvl's gear, you must pay rl cash or merch. Thankfully I hit a high enough lvl now, with moderatly decent gear, so I'm able to farm Nirvana/TTs, etc for coin. However for those lower levels, all I have to say is: If your willing to pay rl cash, stay.
  • Olivassin - Heavens Tear
    Olivassin - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    In all honesty, change "can" be good. However, the recent TW/TT/Instance-timers/UI/Nirvana nerfs are just pathetic. This is my first post in this thread - I was one, if not the very first barb on HT, to complete BH3-3 that night when everyone first tried it.

-Harder to farm, so drops are increased in prices - good for people farming for coin

However, they are bad in so many ways. It's really a joke. Firstly, nothing needed to be changed. You know what needs to be changed? The damn code in this game - so bugs and instances are fixed & completed. Some issues that people are having and will have from now on are simply farming their gear.

Okay, so you need a TT3-1. You gather a squad. The squad wants a full run - all bosses. They have average gear, since they are farming TT3-1 for their TT90 mats - for TT90 gear, thus they have TT80 or Legendary gear, at best. By lvl 90, you shouldn't have crazy coin, nor crazy gear unless you spent lots of rl cash, or merch. This squad can't complete TT 3-1. They aren't willing to purchase charms, and they don't have vent/skype for VoIP. Now what? Sure, they can work together all they want, but they are stuck.

Simply put, the game has shifted to P2P, and this was almost a year ago when the shift had began. Sure, it isn't a monthly payment, but in order to sustain life, and have your lvl's gear, you must pay rl cash or merch. Thankfully I hit a high enough lvl now, with moderatly decent gear, so I'm able to farm Nirvana/TTs, etc for coin. However for those lower levels, all I have to say is: If your willing to pay rl cash, stay. .
    ^^^^^^ ++1 [i agree]
  • yashino
    yashino Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

.... behe 3-3 is the easiest out of all..
    killed it without anyone died, ep didnt even get hit except being debuff like once or twice..
    and only need 1 ep ..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^me

already quit pwi, and yet my gears are still superior than 95% of you people.
  • Vienna - Dreamweaver
    Vienna - Dreamweaver Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

Simply put, the game has shifted to P2P, and this was almost a year ago when the shift had began. Sure, it isn't a monthly payment, but in order to sustain life, and have your lvl's gear, you must pay rl cash or merch. Thankfully I hit a high enough lvl now, with moderatly decent gear, so I'm able to farm Nirvana/TTs, etc for coin. However for those lower levels, all I have to say is: If your willing to pay rl cash, stay.

I agree. I have check the AH for TT90 set. It's impossible to get it without spending real money on it or farm your life away. Ridiculous but true. This is the first mmorpg which i play, where you must spend real money to get ordinary things as armors & skills. And actaully, you need to spend a lot of real money on it, 20 Euro = arround 8m. And 8m coins you burn up pretty fast on ordinary things, needles to say this isn't enough even to buy full TT90 set, or buy any halfway good sage/demon skills, refines or anything special. And 20 Euro in month is more as you pay for monthly subscription for any top class p2p mmorpg. And this make PWI absurd.
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I agree. I have check the AH for TT90 set. It's impossible to get it without spending real money on it or farm your life away. Ridiculous but true. This is the first mmorpg which i play, where you must spend real money to get ordinary things as armors & skills. And actaully, you need to spend a lot of real money on it, 20 Euro = arround 8m. And 8m coins you burn up pretty fast on ordinary things, needles to say this isn't enough even to buy full TT90 set, or buy any halfway good sage/demon skills, refines or anything special. And 20 Euro in month is more as you pay for monthly subscription for any top class p2p mmorpg. And this make PWI absurd.

THen do what i'm on the verge of doing. Dump this game and buy FF14. ;)

Of course I am also about to buy a new laptop, so I can handle the graphics on that game lol!

If you need to spend money on a f2p game to simply stay caught up with your level, something is wrong.

If you need to be charmed to complete a boss you need to kill to get standard armor, something is wrong.

If 5 million people play this game (or so PW claims), and only 110k people like it. Something is wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SmellsFishy - Dreamweaver
    SmellsFishy - Dreamweaver Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    If you need to spend money on a f2p game to simply stay caught up with your level, something is wrong.
    +1
    If you need to be charmed to complete a boss you need to kill to get standard armor, something is wrong.
    +1
    If 5 million people play this game (or so PW claims), and only 110k people like it. Something is wrong.
    +100000000000000000000

(separate quotes just so people don't miss out on the important points.)

b:thanks
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    late response.......

I do it on a weekly basis. Only exception is our tank, level 100 with 23k HP lol. Uncharmed. But really, his 23k uncharmed, is the equivelant of 15-16k charmed on a full vit level 90ish barb. So yea.

And I don't want to hear "If you need a charm, it's not f2p" because the game has to make money to stay in existence. You don't need a charm to do GBA 3-1. But it definitely helps.

And our gear isn't spectacular. I had half TT90, half TT80 when I first started killing him. Refined to +2/+3 with imac/flawless shards. Everyone else is somewhat similar in gear. And again, only exception is the 100 barb... But jeez. If barbs would build their class the way they were supposed to, ie. not wear claws (lol), not focus on DD and instead keep their focus on tanking (what they're supposed to do), and put just enough str to wear gear, and put the rest in vit for max HP, maybe they would have enough HP to tank... But no, that's too simple.

wow thats kiiiiinda what i saidb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.