An Early GM Response to the TW Changes

Comments

• sethh
    sethh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    5 days for truly GM answers keep waiting!
    b:pleasedI'm ignorant :)
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    ToL causes inflation too. Before ToL, you had to buy G7 shards from the NPC by combining, resulting in around 1m taken out of the economy for every G7 shard made. Now, ToL stops that source of coin sink.

Nah, nobody ever did that. We got our shards from RB. it did ruin RB though.
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I wonder if they even read this anymore? Is it vaction time there or something? Oh and he's not the only one who's played MY here some of us have been around since p2p (and ran the guilds in MY). So he still has no clue as to what happened kthxbai.
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Tamias - Archosaur
    Tamias - Archosaur Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    EDIT-can we have someone fix the quote feature on here >_>

Anyways long story short-there is not that much content for 100s and it didn't start showing up until after Age of Spirits/Rising Tide (The advent of Warsong/Nirvana). TW gives something for carebears like me to actively participate in (since Pk holds too much drama for my tastes XD)
    Tamias-
    The Dealer at your service b:cute
  • Psycon - Dreamweaver
    Psycon - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    yeaaaaa
  • xxazianxx
    xxazianxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    plsss GMs change it back....
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Getting close to the time the thread is unsticked with a message "we've decided nothing is going to change, please keep responding in here"

b:sweat
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Getting close to the time the thread is unsticked with a message "we've decided nothing is going to change, please keep responding in here"

b:sweat

b:chuckle I'm afraid to know what today's maint will bring.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sethh
    edited August 2010
    3 days more for get accomplish the month that Frankie says.
    I'm afraid nothing is going to happen, and of course, afraid trying to enter ( always full )WoW just to share a time with my friends whose changed to that game
  • Darcwolf - Lost City
    Darcwolf - Lost City Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Glad to see PWI still doesnt care about TW, take the one thing in the game that keeps playing and ruin it. There used to be around 10 TWs a weekend on lost city server, now there is like 2-3.

Seriously, with the release of forsaken world soon, and lord of the rings going free this fall how do you expect this game to survive?
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Glad to see PWI still doesnt care about TW, take the one thing in the game that keeps playing and ruin it. There used to be around 10 TWs a weekend on lost city server, now there is like 2-3.

Seriously, with the release of forsaken world soon, and lord of the rings going free this fall how do you expect this game to survive?

Forsaken World is the same company (PWE). PWI had always been this companies 'billboard' front game, but FW has been in development for years, and they want it to be their new front 'billboard' game. So they dont care about this game surviving, they're just milking it for all they can to fund FW development (and fund their pockets too).
  • Okopogo - Harshlands
    Okopogo - Harshlands Posts: 751 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Are we there yet? b:sad
  • Jenovadeath - Lost City
    Jenovadeath - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    (removed)
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    So like, anyone still hoping for this to be taken into account?
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    They were right, since changing TW, there has been a large %age drop in fake bidding. b:surrender

Side effect of this was to stop most bidding completely.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
    edited September 2010
    They were right, since changing TW, there has been a large %age drop in fake bidding. b:surrender

Side effect of this was to stop most bidding completely.

Yep, worked like a charm.
  • Tainaker - Harshlands
    Tainaker - Harshlands Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Yep, worked like a charm.

lol

even if they do change the TW system again which i doubt the game is death i bet that 60% of the ppl in PWI is just waiting for other games to come out ijs
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I still don't see why we are getting fed updates from the china's version of the game, sure it is nice to have something to go off of, but when we are in such a different demographic area of players, we are all bound to have a different mindset, and therefore different goals, needs, and wants.

Alas we are getting fed updates from their version of this 'great' (using it loosely) perhaps... once... great game to this version, where players are still in an uproar with all of the updates we keep getting from THEIR version of the game.

Perhaps I am missing something here, perhaps we can only be fed updates from their game because that is all the rights that we have, but still these updates lately just don't seem to be all that favorable to many players the old and new alike. ;/
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    *99 pages later*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010

lol

even if they do change the TW system again which i doubt the game is death i bet that 60% of the ppl in PWI is just waiting for other games to come out ijs

Almost directly after, faction participation and general server activity seemed to drop dramatically. I do expect to see changes, but not immediately.

I still don't see why we are getting fed updates from the china's version of the game,

Because the development team would have to separate the codebase and work on and update two separate versions of the game at the same time. This is very cost prohibitive. You think pack sales are bad now? If they had to fund a whole development team just for this version, things would be so much worse.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Almost directly after, faction participation and general server activity seemed to drop dramatically. I do expect to see changes, but not immediately.

Because the development team would have to separate the codebase and work on and update two separate versions of the game at the same time. This is very cost prohibitive. You think pack sales are bad now? If they had to fund a whole development team just for this version, things would be so much worse.

Now that makes sense... but I still don't like it. TT =x

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Jenovadeath - Lost City
    Jenovadeath - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    b:cute the issue realy isnt the coding at all i can go download the udk3 and put a mmofps with around 12 lvls and 40 guns and a few missions with ai in a few weeks. for those that dont know udk3 is the unreal editor kit which is a program that uses the unreal engine.

writing out the actuall coding takes some time and to work out the bugs in the parts of maps where peices connect is the hard part but for the most part with technology nowadays its not as hard as it used to be 5 years ago even if your creating an entire program from scratch and you have to create extra programs to run certain aspects of the main program it can get compicated but creating maps npcs quests realy is kinda pretty much effortless now. if u dont beleive me check out that program everything u need is already there.

you can program npcs to patrol certain areas of the map to do certain things once u cross a trigger point create cinematics. all the coding is already written out you just select which actor you want place it where u want and set its functions.

i think this is more of well this is what pw-cn did and we have to do it too. i realy think now with the way dq has been done that they have no real power over anything in the game other than what goes in the cash shop and they probably are getting to the point that they dont have very much control over that either anymore.

the game is pretty much gonna be just like pw-cn in every way shape and form just a while behind getting the devolopments to be implamented here. I'm just waiting for the time they have an oh **** moment like when that oh so famous star wars mmo made a mistake and the game virtually died over night going down in one as one of the all time mmo blunders where a player base dissapeared literaly over night cause of an update/patch/implement they did.
    edited September 2010
    Now that makes sense... but I still don't like it. TT =x

Never said I liked it either.
  • sethh
    edited September 2010
    omg 1 day for the truly GM response Almost 1 month has passed so Frankie what do you have to say
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    sethh wrote: »
    omg 1 day for the truly GM response Almost 1 month has passed so Frankie what do you have to say

Nothing.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Never said I liked it either.

:P That you didn't.

@jeno... sorta...ish.

Aye I used to code a bit, I know how annoying it is to code, but meh they get paid for it... perhaps if I did, I wouldn't have been so annoyed with it. =x lol... Messed up one character the entire code would **** up, hated proofreading that... its kind of like reading a wall of text. D:

O_o a mmo, had a disappearing player base overnight due to a patch? o_O Well, hopefully pwe will wise up, and see that a majority of it's pwi player base is not happy with the updates, and will try to do something with the updates SOON... a LOT sooner then later, guess only time will tell.

Seems like a lot of players are holding on in hopes that they wise up, and do something to calm us over for their recent updates, and hopefully not just implement a new update that just makes us mad at them for the new update.

• jenbyshier
    jenbyshier Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    b:shocked
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    well may as well unsticky this thread and/or rename it, its not an "early GM response" anymore...
  • Lord_Feral - Lost City
    Lord_Feral - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    rawrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sethh
    edited September 2010
    well may as well unsticky this thread and/or rename it, its not an "early GM response" anymore...

Well the thread left to be an "Early GM Response" since 3 weeks and 5 days agob:surrender
This discussion has been closed.