Who would win in a single-class TW?

Comments

• Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    kenlee wrote: »
    /facedesk
    detection pots and there you go... you can see like tons of them. hit one with aoe and you get everyone of them near you plus they get kicked out of stealth

Seriously.

All it takes is ONE pot and ONE class with a handful of AOEs and the entire Assassin team will be wiped. Can't believe people voted Assassins so high.

Personally I'd say Barbs, BMs or Psys. Barbs simply have the durability to keep the cata moving while others can suicide bomb with Perdition, BMs could stun to no end and are fairly good tanks themselves WITH Alter marrow spells for the classes who only have one kind of attack, and Psys have a number of tricks themselves, including 6-second stun, shields to stun/damage the opponent when attacked (would make enemy AOEs difficult and/or even suicidal) an assload of quick-casting AOEs, Physical damage immunity and severely increased defense at the cost of horrible offense.

I think Archers would be a pretty tough opponent, too.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Seriously.

All it takes is ONE pot and ONE class with a handful of AOEs and the entire Assassin team will be wiped. Can't believe people voted Assassins so high.

Personally I'd say Barbs, BMs or Psys. Barbs simply have the durability to keep the cata moving while others can suicide bomb with Perdition, BMs could stun to no end and are fairly good tanks themselves WITH Alter marrow spells for the classes who only have one kind of attack, and Psys have a number of tricks themselves, including 6-second stun, shields to stun/damage the opponent when attacked (would make enemy AOEs difficult and/or even suicidal) an assload of quick-casting AOEs, Physical damage immunity and severely increased defense at the cost of horrible offense.

I think Archers would be a pretty tough opponent, too.

Detection pots aren't necessary.

As soon as the first sin pops out of stealth, there would be a chain reaction of mages dropping rocks or bids, sins dying other sins being forced out of stealth...

Anyone who has done TW knows that barbs pulll catas and rarely kill people. BM's stun a lot, and axes aren't going to do a whole lot to any other class other than annoy them. Venos would try to purge everyone and die in the process, archers... would be tough, but they're relatively weak to magic.

I would predict that Archer vs Mage would be the most fun to watch. And be over the quickest.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Archer v Mage surely would take ages? I mean, both classes are glass cannon and fail at pulling catas. The'd constantly be killing each other.
  • sethh
    sethh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I would say clerics.
    Can u imagine 80 cleric doing tempest xD? or paralyzing :D :_P it would be nice to see it
    b:pleasedI'm ignorant :)
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Venos would win quite easily; just have multiple venos use wt/ce to pass sparks for constant sparked demon novas and 'hood.

Debuff everyone with demon venoumous/myriad/demon ironwood for extra damage.

Have sage HA pull cats.

Add to that massive sage purge + endless waves of nixes... yeah gg... the lag alone would probably kill you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    Foxgrit - Lost City Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Anyone who thinks that venos would even have a chance must not have leveled past 80-90. If you going by full end game gear the bird is a 1-2 shot by every single class in game. What will 80 venos do without their birds?

1-BM
    2-Mage
    3-Barb
    4-Archer
    5-Assassin
    6-Cleric
    7-Psychic
    8-Veno

BM only wins because they can sit in perma-marrow and dual sprint. BM have harder time with other classes than mage. Mage would destroy every other class but BM. Veno would get humiliated and lose in under 10 minutes to every other class.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    team psy

entire team of DD that can get over 130 def levels when its time to pull a cata

onlty thing that would even give them trouble is team sin
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    If you set up a few DBs on the path, and the assassin walks over it to reach enemy base = ?

You set up barrage on a tower/catapult/crystal = ?

You get a BM to take an educated guess and roar = ?

Also if all 80 assassins are in stealth, then no one on the other side is dying eh?

And if you come out of stealth to kill someone, there's another target to drop AoEs on eh?

Assassins are solo wonders. In TW they are a joke.
    All sins in stealth.

First encounter = Maze steps + Iron Guard + massacre a wizard. Probably 2 sins could jump on one to ensure one hit/fast death (in other words assist attack)

Then only half or less wizards left standing. Easily done without Ironguard.

Wizards will be then unorganized if they don't regroup at base together to push with all at once again. However if they do this it will give enough time to let IG recharge and repeat the same as above.

Cata sins? They won't even matter. Heck it can be a cleric pulling cata for all I care, they stay behind the slaughtering invisible force.

Team sin will take down anyone like that, including BM and Barbs provided they have 5 aps.

And no Detection Pots WILL NOT work if characters are same level (since we're talking about a balanced scenario right? Gear wise same... I mean otherwise ofc team with better gear wins -.-). Shadow Escape if you get it to sage/demon improves your stealth level by 11.

Biggest advantage of sins is they can use apoth while other classes will not be able to use short duration ones against them. Because they don't know when sins will pop up, and even if they use blindly sins can just wait a few secs until they run out.
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
    edited August 2010
    Archer v Mage surely would take ages? I mean, both classes are glass cannon and fail at pulling catas. The'd constantly be killing each other.

Actually I think I was looking at it wrong.

I was thinking who would kill off the others the quickest...

So I'll change my opinion.

Archers would actually win the TW.

Once they killed everyone, pushed them back into the base and opened zhen on the catas, it would be game over.
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I don't know who would win, but I know who wouldn't: The Assassins Team.

Everyone else hates them, so all other teams would gank the assassins first b:chuckleb:bye
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I don't know who would win, but I know who wouldn't: The Assassins Team.

Everyone else hates them, so all other teams would gank the assassins first b:chuckleb:bye

+1 b:thanks
    Nan, seriously, I have 2 votes:
    Wizzie for the hard DD it can do on a puller
    Barbs for their resistance
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The defending team would win.

No cata puller is going to get very far without full buffs/heals, and clerics are too squishy to pull them against a barrage of physical hits.

You can go around 1-shotting everyone on the opposing team all you want, it still doesn't get a cata into their base.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
    edited August 2010
    The defending team would win.

I disagree... if you push into their defenses and start killing them, they'll respawn sealed.

Start killing them fast enough and soon there won't be much for them to do except to wait for their seal to expire or die.

Also, full defense, the attackers would be able to get the catas up to the base... and after some time, they should be able to get to the crystal.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I imagine pulling cats would be like a relay race where one puller falls and another quickly jumps in to grab the cat.

I think Barbs attacking in coordinated waves might do very well. Arma should 1-shot most self-buffed casters. Aoes like barrage wouldn't be as effective if you had some barbs drop down from the sky to arma.

Physical teams would have a hard time taking out cat pullers if the entire enemy faction chains expel on the cat pullers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I imagine pulling cats would be like a relay race where one puller falls and another quickly jumps in to grab the cat.

I think Barbs attacking in coordinated waves might do very well. Arma should 1-shot most self-buffed casters. Aoes like barrage wouldn't be as effective if you had some barbs drop down from the sky to arma.

Physical teams would have a hard time taking out cat pullers if the entire enemy faction chains expel on the cat pullers.

All you have to do is keep anti-cat squads spamming interrupts at the cat till it blows up. b:victory
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BuyOrSell - Dreamweaver
    BuyOrSell - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Umm Cube arena but with team from 2 different server.

And people can win 1 item used to change server at 1 pg/account b:laugh
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Team Sin, Barb, or BM because

Sin- stealth and keep stealth, team of 6man surprise attack is as good as dead
    BM- 5.0aps if they catch u for 5 sec your dead
    Barb- cross server best barbs imagine the TOP HP and a coordination of their weapons and their arma's

NO to Teams;
    cleric- squish bm/wiz, sin surprise attack
    wiz- squish bm, sin surprise attack
    archer- squish bm/wiz, sin surprise attack, barrage is overrated barbs can also cancel that
    veno- squish bm/wiz, sin surprise attack
    psy- squishest

assuming its the best of the best, BMs and barbs seem to be the only ones that have a higher chance of avoiding 1 shot spells/skills. Sins included because of their infinate stealth.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    => assassin out of stealth => target => AoEs. And you think if an assassin pops outta stealth for the kill no one else will hit him? Mmhmm.
    Yes because there's not less assassins than the other team.

1 assassin per enemy. All sins stun-teleport instantly at the same time coordinated. GG everyone except maybe barbs. b:bye

If you say it requires too much coordination and stuff, then i'm sorry to say, it's a lame excuse. Who decides the skills of the players then? Why shouldn't they coordinate this properly? In fact, as far as balanced is concerned, it should be taken into account, well coordinated gameplay -- you don't balance a game around noobs with a granny's reflexes.

And whoever says team wizard due to their AOEs is a moron. 1 single opponent has to use something like Absolute Domain to evade the nasty BIDS. On the other hand, for example, psy's have faster AOEs and one stun AOE that channels and casts as fast as Gush. But even that can be avoided if people are competent.

Of course this doesn't apply if the melee classes are facerolling and double-clicking the target.
    assuming its the best of the best, BMs and barbs seem to be the only ones that have a higher chance of avoiding 1 shot spells/skills. Sins included because of their infinate stealth.
    And their deaden nerves skill.

I agree with you. Sins, BMs or Barbs... but my vote goes to sins.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    No one.

No one but barbs/BMs would have the survivability to get a cata on a crystal, and barbs/BMs would get wrecked by team wiz.

Sure armageddon would be nice, but I doubt it would be enough support.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • yoshibomb5705
    yoshibomb5705 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i thought about it, and although at first i said barb.

then i thought itd be funny to see a team come into team Sin's base and its "empty" LOL
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Barbs win almost certain xD

half could be cat puller replacement and half could armagedon everything , or just everyone could pull cats

gg for other classes at pulling cat xDb:bye
  • Fist_Mama - Harshlands
    Fist_Mama - Harshlands Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    lol barbs arent DDs there tanks meaning u pull cata into the base of 80 wizards and what happens when 80 black ice dragons go off? u die -.- and there some heavy cash shopped wizards out there who can tank like a **** so we can pull catas and DD b:chuckle
  • Endofdark - Lost City
    Endofdark - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    team pyshic

all pyshic use aoe stun
    aqua cannon
    landslide
    ice glacecals
    sandbrust

or some other combo
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Barbs no DD ? my best arma was 70k dmg wiped half TW b:cute

WE win even wihout fight ,

get chi at start, tiger form ( best barbs 35k+ HP ofc )

invoke+ironguard+genie skills ye gg killing that when thers 70 more to kill who does same thing b:bye

can win tw wihout single kill HQ would die in waves
  • Fist_Mama - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    wasnt that a crict? el o el we wizzys dont need to crict to kill a barb and btw ur self buffed meaning no cleric magic buffs meaning u pretty much have sucky elemental defence.

btw whats the cooldown on arma? and thats the only skill u guys have and pfft to ur sucky defence sage force of will ftw+our instana sleep skill
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    I have almost 6k magic def unbuffed.

But nvm that when barb invoke he recive 90% of dmg after that he can ironguard and after that genie skills and all in circle can u iamgine 80 barbs doing same?b:chuckle
  • Fist_Mama - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    I have almost 6k magic def unbuffed.

But nvm that when barb invoke he recive 90% of dmg after that he can ironguard and after that genie skills and all in circle can u iamgine 80 barbs doing same?b:chuckle

again force of will...it will cancel ur invoke and its enough time to cast BID btw the 6k can be turned into...not sure but ofcourse ill undine first...undine>sleep>BID or if i wanna make sure u die undine>sleep>sutra>sutracombo>BID at end of sutra. incase ur charmed ;)
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    lol barbs arent DDs there tanks meaning u pull cata into the base of 80 wizards and what happens when 80 black ice dragons go off? u die -.- and there some heavy cash shopped wizards out there who can tank like a **** so we can pull catas and DD b:chuckle
    your assuming its the average barb participating
    Each of the 8 teams is composed of the top members of a single class picked from across all servers.
    you may now assume the barbs have 30-40k HP w/ charms and an average +10-12 refined gear. Many classes can have that refine but they sure wont get the durability of the barb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Check this Build

and imagine 79 more with similar gear and all ready to invoke + ironguard

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=1775ef48ab313687

( feel free to swap vit gems wiht +2 def lvl gems i m aiming for those )

PS

ornaments are lvl 2 cube/warsong which give mag def i didn't put lvl 3 cos takes too many to craft and lvl 2 are reachable i have them, ok refine is also high but can be swaped for +10 or +11 for armors but still it is very good survivor machine b:shocked
  • Fist_Mama - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    your assuming its the average barb participating

you may now assume the barbs have 30-40k HP minimum w/ charms and an average +10-12 refined gear. Many classes can have that refine but they sure wont get the durability of the barb.

well then the wizards should look like this rite?

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=615f404138fe7562

cause i know alot of wizards on my server who have that but a bit more refined and sharded differently