An Early GM Response to the TW Changes

Comments

• Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I'd say that's probably counter productive....

...and hi Susa b:cute

That's what happens on a PvP server when people get angry b:chuckle

Nothing new to LC, similar events have occurred in the past b:surrender
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I'd say that's probably counter productive....

...and hi Susa b:cute

Actually it was quite fun and productive. I hadn't seen that many of my faction members out pking in a long time. If the devs can't see that **** the people who put the most effort into the game will quickly kill their game, then they are just naive.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I can imagine a Zhen party by the west gate. I'm glad I'm on a PvE server b:victory
  • Elayne - Lost City
    Elayne - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I think the GM's need to give the community a time-frame for dealing with these events. I want some accountability here not vague empty promises that you will do something about it. I think the community has earned this from you with the fact that we didn't just abandon your game outright as soon as you made these ridiculous changes to the TW system.

Are you planning on addressing the problem in a week? two weeks? a month? What? How long do you need to "review" the TW Changes and the adverse affect they're having on your servers and the attitude of the player base in general?

Do you plan on waiting until you start to see the player base quit? Do you plan on fixing it only when there are no TW's at all and the entire system is ignored by the servers?

Please be responsible to us. We are giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are working to try and take our suggestions into account and that you, like us, do not want to see the PWI servers become ghost servers. Give us some accountability. Give us a time-frame.

Many of us have already seen the early warning signs that things are going badly. Huge numbers of people have stopped logging in as regularly as they normally do, participation in things like BH, Nirvana, HH, World Boss farming, etc... has started to drop off. Also, participation in TW's is getting less. We have already seen it with the number of bids on the various servers this week and I am sure we will see it in the turn out of the various factions at the TWs.

Patiently awaiting your response and hoping that I have not misplaced my faith in your desire that this game remains fun for all to play with the appropriate level of reward for succeeding at it.
  • Rat_Boy - Lost City
    Rat_Boy - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    **removed**
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    **removed**

[Forum] Lenore: Fail troll is fail. Considering hundreds of players on PWI are Chinese, I don't think you'll find much support. I hope the mods delete your nonsense posts.

And you know what? American games suck. Down with overpatriotic rednecks.
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I'm Chinese b:cute

Learn how to troll then come back in 2 months time and try again. And Lenore stopped using the massive fonts? -gasp-
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    I'm Chinese b:cute

Learn how to troll then come back in 2 months time and try again. And Lenore stopped using the massive fonts? -gasp-

[Forum]Lenore: I fixed it just for you
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    edited August 2010

[Forum] Lenore: Fail troll is fail. Considering hundreds of players on PWI are Chinese, I don't think you'll find much support. I hope the mods delete your nonsense posts.

And you know what? American games suck. Down with overpatriotic rednecks.

Nice feeding the troll then stooping to his level. Let's try to keep this garbage out of this thread please.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I think the GM's need to give the community a time-frame for dealing with these events. I want some accountability here not vague empty promises that you will do something about it. I think the community has earned this from you with the fact that we didn't just abandon your game outright as soon as you made these ridiculous changes to the TW system.

Are you planning on addressing the problem in a week? two weeks? a month? What? How long do you need to "review" the TW Changes and the adverse affect they're having on your servers and the attitude of the player base in general?

Do you plan on waiting until you start to see the player base quit? Do you plan on fixing it only when there are no TW's at all and the entire system is ignored by the servers?

Please be responsible to us. We are giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are working to try and take our suggestions into account and that you, like us, do not want to see the PWI servers become ghost servers. Give us some accountability. Give us a time-frame.

Many of us have already seen the early warning signs that things are going badly. Huge numbers of people have stopped logging in as regularly as they normally do, participation in things like BH, Nirvana, TT, World Boss farming, etc... has started to drop off. Also, participation in TW's is getting less. We have already seen it with the number of bids on the various servers this week and I am sure we will see it in the turn out of the various factions at the TWs.

Patiently awaiting your response and hoping that I have not misplaced my faith in your desire that this game remains fun for all to play with the appropriate level of reward for succeeding at it.
    Fixed For you.
    I'm Chinese
    No you're not
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Nice feeding the troll then stooping to his level. Let's try to keep this garbage out of this thread please.

If replying to a troll post is feeding the troll then you have done no better. I've trolled enough to know that calling a stupid person stupid doesn't really accomplish anything, but that hardly stops me from calling him stupid, and that applies to his AMERICUH RULEZ attitude. If all pointless off-track posts are considered stooping then these threads are full of them and singling out a few doesn't keep the rest away. I've pointed out that his pointless rallying fails; you can leave it at that or pick at my post to prolong the topic. But you've made your decision there eh?
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    If replying to a troll post is feeding the troll then you have done no better. I've trolled enough to know that calling a stupid person stupid doesn't really accomplish anything, but that hardly stops me from calling him stupid, and that applies to his AMERICUH RULEZ attitude. If all pointless off-track posts are considered stooping then these threads are full of them and singling out a few doesn't keep the rest away. I've pointed out that his pointless rallying fails; you can leave it at that or pick at my post to prolong the topic. But you've made your decision there eh?

I was more referring to your comment on America even if you were attempting to "troll" by replying this way you're just as bad as him. Also people who don't post from their mains are jokes.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    I was more referring to your comment on America even if you were attempting to "troll" by replying this way you're just as bad as him. Also people who don't post from their mains are jokes.

Again I have to point out that I was not trying to be better than him, only answer in kind, and if that is garbage to you then garbage it is. It doesn't matter to me. As far as I am concerned your "Holier than thou" replies aren't much better.

I'd post from my main but it's banned. God I hate people who pull that card...I didn't post on the forum for like a year cuz I hate people who pull the "what do you know, you're an alt" ****. Eleven months, actually, since a certain game I chose to get myself banned over came out September. How about instead of crying about how people don't post from their mains you consider that they CAN'T.
  • Chasee - Archosaur
    Chasee - Archosaur Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Make money = farm mats, merchant, gold trade or do TT. Don't like it? Play something else. I went from 500k to 35m in 2 months, and I don't even have a 24/7 catshop.

b:thanks lol Even your mom doesn't believe that xDDDDDDDDD
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    There, I added who I am to my sig. Hopefully some people can sleep soundly knowing who this level 10 cleric is because it is so important that people post from their mains and let everyone know exactly who they are.

Edit: I like you Susa from what I read in your other posts, but I honestly do not know why you'd waste your time pointing out a troll post is troll and picking at people posting from their alts.
  • _kaela_ - Raging Tide
    _kaela_ - Raging Tide Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I've lost count as to how many ppl just ragequitted from this nerf/forum topic alone. I'm not ragequitting (I don't rage, I'm a calm person b:chuckle) but I won't be playing this game for a loooooooooooong while, not until I see some MAJOR changes in the immediate future. If they wait too long, I may just get hooked on a certain 3-d side scroller MMO with cool combos and music and leave altogetherb:laugh
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Again I have to point out that I was not trying to be better than him, only answer in kind, and if that is garbage to you then garbage it is. It doesn't matter to me. As far as I am concerned your "Holier than thou" replies aren't much better.

I'd post from my main but it's banned. God I hate people who pull that card...I didn't post on the forum for like a year cuz I hate people who pull the "what do you know, you're an alt" ****. Eleven months, actually, since a certain game I chose to get myself banned over came out September. How about instead of crying about how people don't post from their mains you consider that they CAN'T.

Annnnnd, any post you make has effectively lost any validity whatsoever.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Because it's very hard to get oneself banned when BS happens on the game? I think this latest update if anything shows that when people become frustrated past a certain point they do out of norm things like post youtubes of certain offensive material and that can happen to perfectly respectable people, like Kephras. You think because Kephras was banned no one will listen to his posts again if he chooses to post again? Pfft. The only mistake I made at the time was I expected the certain game I quit for to be better than it was and I ended up quitting that game too, QQ for me, and I already did the damage on this game. Considering how often my faction mates get banned for no reason at all I hardly respect the banning decisions made on these forums, much less a person prejudging others over it. Banning decisions are so subjective and inconsistent (looks like it's based on how much you cash shop) it means jack ****.
  • Chasee - Archosaur
    Chasee - Archosaur Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Omg any ideas of F2P :S PWi is dying so fast...ppl even wanna play in most of Pwe servers.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The changes should make TW far more competitive.

The old way, once a faction holds half the map, they are making 300M coin per week, which leads to:

#1 - Poaching elite players from smaller factions who want to get in on the Coins.

After a short time and some reflection, actually it's done one thing, it's removed the salary leechers from our faction and we will be much stronger because of it. The map will be ours more quickly. Nobody wants to get land to defend it at great cost only to have it be taken from them. That's why TW is dead on Lost City. I don't predict things getting any better.

edit: Another 12m war with the 2nd strongest faction on the server. Yeah, you're all right. We don't need TW pay. There is no competition anymore.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Because it's very hard to get oneself banned when BS happens on the game? I think this latest update if anything shows that when people become frustrated past a certain point they do out of norm things like post youtubes of certain offensive material and that can happen to perfectly respectable people, like Kephras. You think because Kephras was banned no one will listen to his posts again if he chooses to post again? Pfft. The only mistake I made at the time was I expected the certain game I quit for to be better than it was and I ended up quitting that game too, QQ for me, and I already did the damage on this game. Considering how often my faction mates get banned for no reason at all I hardly respect the banning decisions made on these forums, much less a person prejudging others over it. Banning decisions are so subjective and inconsistent (looks like it's based on how much you cash shop) it means jack ****.

No, I was stating that since you not only got yourself banned, and that you can no longer (or no longer will) play[?] Then your posts have absolutely no merit on any topic, at any time.

You're just a troll.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    No, I was stating that since you not only got yourself banned, and that you can no longer (or no longer will) play[?] Then your posts have absolutely no merit on any topic, at any time.

You're just a troll.

I still play. It's my main's name on the forum that got banned, it wasn't even the whole account. Forum accounts and playing accounts are separate. If your concern was that I no longer play the game, point invalid.

But yea, I troll on occasion, I'll give you credit for that discovery.
  • Nurfed - Harshlands
    Nurfed - Harshlands Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    This patch makes TW far more competitive? rrrriiiight.

On harshland server, we had just a total of 3 wars this weekend. It was averaging about 8-9 wars before the patch.

This weekend, our war with the 2nd strongest faction on the server lasted only 5 minutes. TW is dead. Theres no incentive anymore to hold land. This patch only made the strongest faction stronger than ever since no one will attack them. One of the main reasons why most of us still play pwi is for the TW. Thanks PW for ****** up the game officially.
  • Nurfed - Harshlands
    Nurfed - Harshlands Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Many of us have already seen the early warning signs that things are going badly. Huge numbers of people have stopped logging in as regularly as they normally do, participation in things like BH, Nirvana, HH, World Boss farming, etc... has started to drop off. Also, participation in TW's is getting less. We have already seen it with the number of bids on the various servers this week and I am sure we will see it in the turn out of the various factions at the TWs.

+1
    10charsssssss
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Yep TW over here in Sanctuary is pretty dead too. The 2nd largest faction has been no showing us for the past 2 months, and now no other factions will attack us. Before the TW update we had at least 2 or 3 defenses from factions attacking us, now we have 0 defenses, and 5 min no show attacks...
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Considering the drastic decline in just one week of TW bidding and TW player attendance, if they think this is going to pick up they are out of their minds.

I hope you are actually looking at this Frankie because it's not going to get better, only worse until this game dies.

But don't worry before that I'm sure my faction will make its mark and go out in style.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver
    Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Frankie... I just wanted to say your summary down the bottom as to WHY it was changed made PERFECT SENSE! THANK YOU for spelling it out so clearly. That would have been helpful upfront!

Anyway... The only thing of course is that it's a half-way solution. If you'd TRULY wanted to initiate a more active, exciting and competitive TW then the maps would have been RESET!

I know that SUX for those factions that own most of their servers, BUT they're no longer getting cash for them anyway, so besides the prestige... what would they be losing.

MORE THAN THAT, if they are truly that good of a faction, then they'll end up owning it all again at some point... BUT if they have only been winning because of fake bids, player poaching etc... MOST OF THE SERVERS WILL BE HAPPY TO HAVE THE RESET!
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Frankie... I just wanted to say your summary down the bottom as to WHY it was changed made PERFECT SENSE! THANK YOU for spelling it out so clearly. That would have been helpful upfront!

Anyway... The only thing of course is that it's a half-way solution. If you'd TRULY wanted to initiate a more active, exciting and competitive TW then the maps would have been RESET!

I know that SUX for those factions that own most of their servers, BUT they're no longer getting cash for them anyway, so besides the prestige... what would they be losing.

MORE THAN THAT, if they are truly that good of a faction, then they'll end up owning it all again at some point... BUT if they have only been winning because of fake bids, player poaching etc... MOST OF THE SERVERS WILL BE HAPPY TO HAVE THE RESET!

Proof that some people believe anything they read. b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Lilhobo - Lost City
    Lilhobo - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    This sucks :)
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    edited August 2010

MORE THAN THAT, if they are truly that good of a faction, then they'll end up owning it all again at some point... BUT if they have only been winning because of fake bids, player poaching etc... MOST OF THE FACTIONS WITH NO LAND AT ALL WOULD BE HAPPY TO HAVE THE MAP RESET!

Fixed it for you. Map reset is probably one of the dumbest suggestions made in this thread. At this point I honestly think it wouldn't matter at all. All the players in the big factions that haven't already gone inactive or quit all together would probably then quit because all their spent resources and time was **** on completely. But hey as Michael already said maybe it is just out with the old and in with the new. If you want servers full of sheep that don't know how to play their classes or grind and such and only know how to CS then you are well on your way to your goal.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
This discussion has been closed.