An Early GM Response to the TW Changes

Options

Comments

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    From the looks of it, at least on HT, TW is a dying scene.

Its like, there is no one else interested in TWs anymore.

But to the main TW factions, barely see anyone new enter the scene. Everyone who TWs, pretty much know each other as well, no one new to meet anymore.

I'm very interested how HT's TW scene will be in a month's time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Okopogo - Harshlands
    Okopogo - Harshlands Posts: 751 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I was so excited for TW, I didnt even bother showing up.

Just saying <3
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Dying scene on RT too b:victory
  • Jenovadeath - Lost City
    Jenovadeath - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    b:cry K well first thing i have to say is im very srry to all of the players that only played still for tws to begin with and their whole fake bidding concept is out the window why pay a 10% fee to get ur own money lol? the only reason for a fake bid is to

A: keep another faction from being able to attack ur own lands and having an alt or friends faction bid against you so that you can win or

B: theyre giving the land to anothe specific faction allowing them to win without putting up a fight like with CQ and shinzoko that started the whole Gaurdianz CQ war cause shinz was mad about not getting the land he was supposedly promised.

I quit this game i still log on my chars from time to time to keep them from deleting them as inactive characters. i have a herc/nix on my veno and +5-6 lvl90 TTs on my barb and veno i dumped alot of cash into this game over the course of a year and their my pixels damit i payed for them and i wont let u delete them even if i dont realy play them anymore.

Good luck to the majority of you who will be looking for another game I know theres gonna be a few thousand this time around.And as for the poaching of higher lvl players from lower lvl factions itll happen anyways ppl dont want to have a lvl 80 char and stop to go help a lvl30 do a quest to kill 30 mobs and nag and ask questions about every little thing

You work your way up through the guild lvls as you lvl and become more compitent as a player and learn about the game and its mechanics. just check lost city server theres probably 20 new ppl every day that start up a guild that are lvl20 and say theyre gonna do tw but then find out how it actually works. theres probably around 200 guilds on that server alone many with non active players that never lvl their characters past lvl20.

you realy need to stop taking things from the maylasian and chinese version and put them here just cause it happens there doesnt meen its gonna happen here unless you do what they did just like with the dq nerf lol btw never did see a actual fix for that or was it just the 2x drops and ppl finally quit bishing about it.Ive even seen and I dare quote a GM think it was kantorek talking about the stones for transferring refines saying that the reason that they hadnt added them here is this is a different version of the game and how it might work well in their version you guys said it didnt suit what you had planned for this version.

that being said why is it that you always say when these **** ideas float through that your reason for them being forced on us is that its what they did so were gonna do it too excuse even viable and yes i know the refine transfer stones were a cash shop item and were eventually added to our servers but that doesnt change the fact that they probably make a good enough amount of money off our version in royalty's payed back to them that they cant make specialy coded patches to fit our version for what it needs.

this will most likely be my last post ever on any of pwe's forums of any kind I'd signed up for FW a long time ago but got tired of waiting for it and have seen how this company uses its cash shops. I realy dont mind that cash shop I used it alot myself I know this is a free to play game and that no one was forcing me to pay for anything or even play it but to put things in the cash shop that no one could even acheive in the game through work such and the lunar insignias and heaven rage boots just ruined it for alot of ppl that spent countless hours and months farming the crappy drop rate instances youve made for them trying to earn anything right out the window.

I truly do feel bad for all the players out there that worked so hard to get everything they had and to where they were like susa for the insane amount of hp he was working to get back when he was in ominous just to be a cata barb before CQ even broke up or DT with over 30K hp just to pull a cata in tw.

b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Jenovadeath - Lost City
    Jenovadeath - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

[Forum] Lenore: Fail troll is fail. Considering hundreds of players on PWI are Chinese, I don't think you'll find much support. I hope the mods delete your nonsense posts.

And you know what? American games suck. Down with overpatriotic rednecks.

I for one truly despise anyone that talks **** about our country yes im from the U.S. and for the vast majority of us here its not what you see on the T.V. thats the T.V. for christ sake yea we can make 3000$ grand u.s dollars a month but out rent costs us 1200-1400 another 2-300 to keep the lights on and around 250$ a week to feed a family of five and that doesnt even factor in what has to take place outside the house

if u think we have it so easy come here try finding a job and find out what the ppl that actually live here are like before posting your racist uneducated comments about ppl youve never realy met or learned anything about in the first place. Also the vast majority of the common ppl arent happy with the way our governments run or the economy its actually run alot like this game is run by this company a bunch of bs to get a bunch of bs and all the while taking our money for it and not getting anything in the end for it either.

I'm just saying get out read a book that has some published facts instead of watching youtube or mtv and thinking thats what our countries like.
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yup, Dreamweaver is also a "dying scene," as said before. We didn't even have a full 80 sign up, or even people willing to sub in and fill up squads. It was terrible. I wasn't in the TW myself, since my ingame husband is visiting, but he was in the TW. It was terrible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nuff_Said - Raging Tide
    Nuff_Said - Raging Tide Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Update:

The changes should make TW far more competitive.

The old way, once a faction holds half the map, they are making 300M coin per week, which leads to:

#1 - Poaching elite players from smaller factions who want to get in on the Coins.

#2 - Being able to either pay for charms or fake bids, both of which give them a huge advantage over a non-TW faction.

So the huge faction continues winning its battles (whether they are legit battles or fake battles), and it wins 90% of every winning bid. Legit wins give them a new source of income, and fake bid wins only cost them 10% of the bid that they themselves made (keep in mind that you don't need charms for a fake battle).

Eventually, the dominant faction has enough coins to outbid everyone for 200M coins each through fake bids. They then get back 90% of each of these 200M coin bids. The map ultimately is entirely theirs.

This is why, with the former system, PW in Malaysia and China ultimately ended up with the territory war map completely taken over and nothing anyone could do about it.

With the new rules in place, huge factions will no longer be getting enough coins from the TW system to be able to afford Charms and fake bids every week. You will no longer have to depend on a faction disbanding out of the kindness of its heart to have a diverse TW map.

Who told you to say this? Serious cognitive errors here. Two of the biggest reasons factions dominated entire maps were early start and cash shopping. Before hypers, packs and massive oracles, those that started the first day of the server stayed up all night leveling to 30+ to get a head start on the server. Add those with the mega cash shop group and you have map domination.

Hypers allow for everyone to level extremely fast there for a smaller gap in levels from the "top" faction and the other smaller factions. Thanks to this, its a lot harder for 1 faction to hold all lands from a gank attack (on newer servers) and given enough time the other servers will experience the same.

How many fake bids of 200mil can 1 faction put up if they own the entire map??? Yes they can fake bid on a few lands but if they own the entire map just go to a different land and make them burn more coin trying to keep up with the number of attacks. I've been on 3 servers and i haven't seen a 200mil bid yet so GTFO with that idea.

Non-TW factions don't benefit at all from this patch. They burn their coin bid, towers, apoth, scroll, repair, and charm trying to gain land then get rewarded absolutely nothing. They end up broke for the next war and show up with majority charmless to get rolled. The factions that already are on the map dont have to worry as much when defending, mirages can cover cata barbs, bids, etc.....how does it help the small guy again?
    "I'm the best ever. I'm the most brutal and vicious, and most ruthless champion there's ever been. There's no one can stop me. Lennox is a conqueror? No, I'm Alexander, he's no Alexander. I'm the best ever! There's never been anybody as ruthless! I'm Sonny Liston, I'm Jack Dempsey. There's no one like me. I'm from their cloth. There's no one that can match me. My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart! I want to eat his children!" ~ Mike Tyson
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Eventually, the dominant faction has enough coins to outbid everyone for 200M coins each through fake bids. They then get back 90% of each of these 200M coin bids. The map ultimately is entirely theirs.

Yeah, hurrr durrr factions are going to pay 20 mil per land to keep the 10 mil land. Are you stupid? A faction could only really bid on 2 of their lands with the money they get from it, nobody really does, and nobody really bids 200 mil, especially on their own land for a fake bid.
  • Pattoe - Raging Tide
    Pattoe - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Update:

The changes should make TW far more competitive.

The old way, once a faction holds half the map, they are making 300M coin per week, which leads to:

#1 - Poaching elite players from smaller factions who want to get in on the Coins.

#2 - Being able to either pay for charms or fake bids, both of which give them a huge advantage over a non-TW faction.

So the huge faction continues winning its battles (whether they are legit battles or fake battles), and it wins 90% of every winning bid. Legit wins give them a new source of income, and fake bid wins only cost them 10% of the bid that they themselves made (keep in mind that you don't need charms for a fake battle).

This is why, with the former system, PW in Malaysia and China ultimately ended up with the territory war map completely taken over and nothing anyone could do about it.

With the new rules in place, huge factions will no longer be getting enough coins from the TW system to be able to afford Charms and fake bids every week. You will no longer have to depend on a faction disbanding out of the kindness of its heart to have a diverse TW map.

Wow, Frankie, you SERIOUSLY believe that? What fantasy world are you living in, what the hell have you been smoking? Or have you been drinking vodka and nothing else for the past week?

First of all, "Elite players" from smaller faction will still join bigger factions, NOT because of the coins but because the bigger factions have other high levels and they want to be in a faction that they can do quests and whatnot with, thats how its always been, ive never seen someone level 90+ join a dominant faction for coin, its always for fc squads, bh100 squads, TT3-x squads etc. (I have now countered and proved argument #1 to be completely false.)

Now for your argument #2. The pay for a TW, even though large overall when owning over half the map, is small once shared between an entire faction and merely HELPS to pay for charms, it wont buy them on it's own, some money must come out of the players own pocket to pay for charms, and as for fake bids, with a dominating faction? I've never seen a dominating faction fake bid before, they prefer to use 1 squad to defend their land from smaller factions, not fake bid them.

Also, the majority of people in dominating factions are cash shoppers, thats how they get their advantage, they will still be able to afford charms and stuff, money is nothing to them. (I have now countered and proved arguement #2 to be completely false)

For what you have said after that, the large faction wins battles still like it won battles before, NOT because of TW pay but because they have the highest levels and the biggest cash shoppers on the entire server, removing TW pay will not change that. If anything you've forced the most elite players to join the dominating factions and leave the little factions because u need to be in a dominating faction with land to get rank 9 equip (Nice work, again, contradicting yourself)

As you can see, TW pay isnt the reason u get a map being dominated, its because to play this game u need to have a faction of similar levels to quest with and progress together, all the strongest highest level players will obviously stick together to quest together, its COMMON SENSE (Which PWE lacks in)

To finish it off, with the new system in place the large faction will stay stay dominant as noon can even be bothered attacking anymore because TW has just turned into a massive waste of coin. people who care about wasting coins are the smaller factions, the large cash shopper factions couldnt care less about losing some coin to charm up and wipe a smaller non-charmed faction off the face of the earth.

Seriously, TW is dying, PWI is dying and HOPEFULLY PWE is dying.
    I've left the game and another 75+ of my friends have also left the server I was on, I know this because I have a guild on another game I started playing after quitting PWE when the patch came out and 60 of my friends from PWI (no exaggerating, 60 of them) have left PWI and are playing that game now with me, its much better and the company doesnt treat us like cows ripe for the milking, stealing the money right out of our wallets.

Honestly, good luck who ever has stayed with PWI but do the right thing, tear urself away from this horrible addiction and breathe some fresh air with a company that doesnt see you as a pay-cheque.

Frankie, the only thing you've proved with your argument is that you are willing to speak UTTER lies and spin and give lip-service to hide the fact that PWE and you do not care about us, the customer. You never have and you never will and I hope this game dies, I seriously do.

I know you wont read this post and if you do you'll delete it (Because censorship is the chinese way! woo) But anyone else who reads it, get out of this game. things will ONLY GET WORSE. I promise. This is the tip of the iceberg, there are worse things coming.

P.S. Frankie, perhaps you should listen to the majority of the people who actually play this game and love this game and not mess it up by not giving a damn about anything.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    the pay was part of the problem in helping these guilds get as much of the map as they have gotten, but if you were gonna remove the money, you should have done this a LONG time ago. it's too little, too late, and completely unfair to the majority of each server's populations who have not seen any coin whatsoever from a tw.
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Blah TW has nothing to do with all the problems, it was just an easy excuse to blame it on TW and not packs.

These words are being avoided ofcourse (and i'm surprised the word "packs" isn't censored yet )
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I find it funny how they vilify big factions and try to make ppl think big, powerful factions are bad and ppl shouldn't want to join them.

Hold on while I join a shi**y faction with a bunch of lowbies and hyperstoning hOracle'rs that have no idea how to play, yeah that sounds like the place to be.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    First of all, "Elite players" from smaller faction will still join bigger factions, NOT because of the coins but because the bigger factions have other high levels and they want to be in a faction that they can do quests and whatnot with, thats how its always been, ive never seen someone level 90+ join a dominant faction for coin, its always for fc squads, bh100 squads, TT3-x squads etc. (I have now countered and proved argument #1 to be completely false.)

I do not know how things are on your server, but half of my faction is level 100+, and if you sort or faction list by level you have to scroll down to even find level 100s. And yet we are a smaller faction without any land. And so we constantly lost people to land holding factions.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I do not know how things are on your server, but half of my faction is level 100+, and if you sort or faction list by level you have to scroll down to even find level 100s. And yet we are a smaller faction without any land. And so we constantly lost people to land holding factions.

Why should the well big factions be punished for people wanting to be in a big faction??

I have played MMO's with absolutely NO PVP and people STILL gravitated to the big factions.

Maybe the smaller factions need to be punished for sucking so much.

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sobat
    sobat Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It is GM's own managed to bring PWI to the gallows, it is now struggling and starting to stink. It will soon be dead.

When Conqueror had the whole map they started again as new Guild and let the map retaken for other guilds.

U can do the same as GM's and set a time limit to conquer the map for periode of 12 months and then rest the whole map to give all guild a chance to have land.
    And let the computer pick the opponent of the same strenght.

BUT TAKE OUT THE MIRAGES AS PRIZE, give us the money back in BH U can win 50 of those.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Wow, Frankie, you SERIOUSLY believe that? What fantasy world are you living in

Perfect World is a fantasy game ijs b:kiss

@Fleuri RT is only 8~9 months old, no that many 10x players here
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'd say you probably have till this weekend till this game is done. I sadly am on the verge of quitting even though I have a 8x veno I'm working on getting Sage weapon I see no point and feel no need to do anything in the game anymore. I hope this is what you were going for when you decided to **** the game.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'd say you probably have till this weekend till this game is done. I sadly am on the verge of quitting even though I have a 8x veno I'm working on getting Sage weapon I see no point and feel no need to do anything in the game anymore. I hope this is what you were going for when you decided to **** the game.

maybe they are trying to make us hate the game so they can drop the servers and focus on forsaken world? cuz you know all this **** **** they are doing here totally makes me want to check out forsaken world when it comes out! /sarcasm! or am I? b:shocked dun dun duuuun...

no really... /sarcasm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • StinkyFish - Lost City
    StinkyFish - Lost City Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    LMAO all of the names i read that QQ is from the big guilds. That hardcore TW and want there pay!

Sorry to say i dont mind any of this as i have gotten noting ever from TW
    I made my own 1000mil coin by my self. Got gears that is about 600~700mil and got about 700mil in coin/items with me.

• Aelric - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    LMAO all of the names i read that QQ is from the big guilds. That hardcore TW and want there pay!

I made my own 1000mil coin by my self. Got gears that is about 600~700mil and got about 700mil in coin/items with me.

prove it.

/10
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
  • StinkyFish - Lost City
    StinkyFish - Lost City Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    prove it.

/10

mmm if i do you going to call me a cash shopper as most people do all ready. Then you going to ask me how i made all that coin. Then im going to give you a few starter tips on how i started and not tell you what i do now as more ppl do it the less i make a on the end.

____________________________________________________________________________
    Be Smart or Go Cash Shop b:flower
    edited August 2010
    Options
    mmm if i do you going to call me a cash shopper as most people do all ready. Then you going to ask me how i made all that coin. Then im going to give you a few starter tips on how i started and not tell you what i do now as more ppl do it the less i make a on the end.

I have my own roller coaster, jet fighter and 32 super model girlfriends.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

You clearly have not read most of the posts in these threads, especially the main one that the mods have now locked, because if you did, you'd know that small factions and their leaders have posted their complaints as well.
  • Chovan - Harshlands
    Chovan - Harshlands Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So frankieraye interested in fixing one of the biggest mistakes PWE has done to PWI?

Not that it's for me to tell you what to do but it's easier to say it like this:-

Put TW back as it was.
    Put TW bidding back as it was.
    Reduce the payout to 2m per L3, 3m per L2, 4m per L1.

Then, rather than throw a rattlesnake into the crowd lets discuss a way forward.

You remove the packs from the Boutique then you can change the coin from TW payout to something else.

Still interested or you just gonna continue to make everyone mad with the so called "justifications" for this current change?

Not expecting a reply but I guess one can hope you at least read it.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    How about this: we cut out the middle man [GMs] and talk directly to the devs?
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Fail trolls is fail.

We don't need TW pay. This sounds alot like FieryDevil but I'd expect better from him.

Go think of something clever then come back and post ok frand?
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    how bout give tokens as TW reward... cuz even though it sounds stupid it might work... token prices will drop if more are available, making pack almost worthless :D hopefully gold prices will drop also as every1 learns that all they need in life are tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Fail trolls is fail.

We don't need TW pay. This sounds alot like FieryDevil but I'd expect better from him.

Go think of something clever then come back and post ok frand?

No, FD posts here on his main. He doesn't hide who he is.

For having all this amazing non-cash shopped gear at end-game, who is this stinky person?
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Removing the reward for owning lands is obviously killing of the interest to do TW. No doubt about that. Small/Mid factions dont wanna risk loosing the re-found over a few mirages and bigger factions that dont give a **** anymore.

I guess the fading interest for TW doesn't matter if your main is like a 4.0/5.0 sin and you spend all your time farming massive amounts of coins in TT/Nirvana and rest of the time pking. Its understandable that you dont care as much as others since TW isn't really your main in-game goal XD

But people have spent loads of irl money investing in a main chars that are typical "TW-classes" thats designed to shine in mass PvP, like a high level wizard and archers as well. For them these changes are even more unfair since the weekly TW is often the main reason to keep playing past 100+.
  • Legend - Raging Tide
    Legend - Raging Tide Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Removing the reward for owning lands is obviously killing of the interest to do TW. No doubt about that. Small/Mid factions dont wanna risk loosing the re-found over a few mirages and bigger factions that dont give a **** anymore.

I guess the fading interest for TW doesn't matter if your main is like a 4.0/5.0 sin and you spend all your time farming massive amounts of coins in TT/Nirvana and rest of the time pking. Its understandable that you dont care as much as others since TW isn't really your main in-game goal XD

But people have spent loads of irl money investing in a main chars that are typical "TW-classes" thats designed to shine in mass PvP, like a high level wizard and archers as well. For them these changes are even more unfair since the weekly TW is often the main reason to keep playing past 100+.

TW vit/axe build bms " *** I shoulda gone fists Q.Q"
    -quit-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.