Ok, enough is enough

Options

Comments

• Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I think honestly in the end, what matters to the decision-makers is their income. The more people pour their money into the game the happier they are. Hell yes, of COURSE the packs will always be there. So many people are sucked into the gamble on PWI that removing them would mean not as much money coming in for the company. So it only makes sense the packs will stay. I think it's funny how no one's bothered to mention that at all...

But as for the OP, I do agree that bashing the GMs is the wrong way to voice a complaint... I worked as one of those technical service reps for a cable company once and heard plenty of yelling and screaming unhappy customers. Yelling at the customer service rep isn't the right thing, but it's what people do because they think you could pass the word lol... which unfortunately doesn't happen most of the time. It's all about the sales. As long as there's money coming in, they're not going to change anything. They'll just keep coming out with more **** people will spend all their money on.

As for bug fixes and stuff like that, yeah... I think they're lazy on that end. Especially concerning the recent UI update. But again that's not the GMs' fault.

I feel for the GMs mostly.. because they're the ones in the line of fire. Even if they did pass the word to their boss, etc, I don't know that it would really make any difference.

If you hate the way the game's going, you may as well quit. Because honestly, I don't see how anything will change any time soon unless some miracle were to take place.

Like I've said, I'm not mad because they made coral packs an indefinite addition. I'm pretty sure everybody here expected that.

What I am mad though, is the overall lack of GM response to many of our concerns. There's been a real lack of communication here.

For example, take a look at Euphy's post that's been recently moved to the lower depths. That's a clean, mature post stating only what she believes. She even took the time to say she had a great time and hopes to see PWI continue on.

But for some reason beyond my comprehension, that was moved to the Lower Depths. It's things like that that are unwarranted, incomprehensible, and generates a poor image and bad reputation amongst the players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Like I've said, I'm not mad because they made coral packs an indefinite addition. I'm pretty sure everybody here expected that.

What I am mad though, is the overall lack of GM response to many of our concerns. There's been a real lack of communication here.

For example, take a look at Euphy's post that's been recently moved to the lower depths. That's a clean, mature post stating only what she believes. She even took the time to say she had a great time and hopes to see PWI continue on.

But for some reason beyond my comprehension, that was moved to the Lower Depths. It's things like that that are unwarranted, incomprehensible, and generates a poor image and bad reputation amongst the players.

Maybe it's because THERE'S A F**K-TON OF THREADS LIKE HERS ALREADY.

Seriously, this is what I hate about the complaints on these forums: there's absolutely no attempt to put yourself in the GMs shoes, absolutely no understanding and the various threads like hers that aren't moved down and the changes made to how often players recieve a ToBL go completely unacknowledged.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Every single one of those threads have been moved to the Lower Depths. Every thread that loosely resembles "I have lost hope." The first one, the second one, the third one, every single one.

The Lower Depths is for threads that are deemed "inappropriate". Read her thread. What was inappropriate about it?

You're telling me to put myself in the GMs shoes, but then they go ahead and move perfectly sensible threads into the Lower Depths? Yeah, that really makes me want to be sympathetic with them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nerdraging
    nerdraging Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ....But I've already addressed this point.

You can ALWAYS say "How do you know that!?!" Why? Cause you can't prove a negative. You can't prove there are no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. (technically you could, but realistically, no you can't) You can't prove that God doesn't exist. You can't prove that the GMs AREN'T doing their job. If you sit there and try to argue via negatives as you are, then you'll never pull out of Iraq and decide there truly aren't WMDs, you'll always believe in God simply based on the fact that you can't disprove God and you'll ALWAYS think the GMs aren't doing their job.

Stop asking yourself what AREN'T they doing and start asking yourself what ARE they doing. You CAN prove that there are WMD's in Iraq, and if you're having trouble doing so, it probably means there aren't any. You CAN prove the GM's have done their job before, and if you're having trouble doing so, then it probably means they aren't doing it. They ARE responding to these threads, the devs ARE making changes to the game that acknowledge the economical issue (the method they use, you're allowed to agree or disagree with) and they HAVE released a different token pack that has lower chances of giving Best tokens of Luck right after tons of forum goers suggested they were a contributing factor to the inflating economy.

You can continue with the paranoia about not believing the GMs when they say "we are not devs and can't directly make game changes ourselves; we can only suggest changes and relay the voice of the people," but that won't get us anywhere. With the logic you're using to approach this issue, you'll keep complaining until the day PWI dies.

How do I know that? It wouldn't make sense for me to set up a branch of my company half a world away in a different time zone and then not give autonomy to the executives. They'll have to contact me at different times of the day just to consult on every decision. Nobody does that with a company in this day and age anymore.

I can't prove a negative but likewise you can't prove a positive either. After all that has happened, you're still asking them to add more marinate for a bit more flavor?

So what happened in Iraq? Wait for Saddam Hussein to blow up half the world and then say 'Yes there's WMD in Iraq and let's do something about it.' Too late for actions isn't it? I would rather be proven wrong than wait for it to be proven right. If you were in Bush's shoes, would you rather wait for casualties to pile up and then take action? Events have proven Saddam is a mad man and a tyrant. If and if, he really had WMDs and he started nuking, it would take nothing short of a nuclear war to stop him. I would stop him early in his plans and be proven wrong than to let the world suffer and be proven right. History would still have placed the blame on you anyway for not taking any action.

Look at the number of my posts. Complaining here till the day I die? I think the number of posts I have speaks for itself. I wouldn't be here posting and trying to open up your eyes and mind to the ways of unscrupulous and underhanded business practices if you weren't so gullible. This isn't paranoia speaking but experience. Been there, done that. Why are you so defensive of the GMs? Any relation or are you an alt of one of them?
    b:angry<--NERD RAGE!!!
  • Zylphia_ - Heavens Tear
    Zylphia_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yeah, that is true. They could say more... Actually I wish they had. Like Spoons, many have said and I agree, that he was one of the more personable GMs here. Because he actually involved himself. Unfortunately he's gone, and I honestly don't know the circumstances as to why, but I have a feeling that many of the other GMs are quiet because they're afraid of losing their job? And in this economy I can understand that. Continuing on with that tech rep job I mentioned earlier, we were never allowed to voice our own opinion of the company if it were bad lol. And that's for obvious reasons, it would hurt their reputation as a company. I could never do sales because I hate selling people something I wouldn't buy myself lol... And well, I believe the GMs are just following policy. For all we know they can only say so much. They can say they understand our concerns, but I don't think they could necessarily say they agree. Because in some ways it would mean they also are unhappy and that would hurt PWE's rep. Somehow. lol

I wish they could show themselves more as people but unfortunately I think they can't because of the company. Looking at what happened to Spoons I can only suspect the reason he's gone was because of how open he was? I dunno. Just something to think about.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    nerdraging wrote: »
    How do I know that? It wouldn't make sense for me to set up a branch of my company half a world away in a different time zone and then not give autonomy to the executives. They'll have to contact me at different times of the day just to consult on every decision. Nobody does that with a company in this day and age anymore.

I can't prove a negative but likewise you can't prove a positive either. After all that has happened, you're still asking them to add more marinate for a bit more flavor?

I can't prove that either way but your example sucks. The GMs can't do anything with the game since they don't have the access to the source code. If they had, they didn't know how to code it. If they did, they couldn't read Chinese since the code comments are in Chinese. If they could, double-patching might cause severe glitches.

Why hire another dev team when 'everything is just fine with the current system'?
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • DarkMix - Lost City
    DarkMix - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    there are just too many jerks here, sometimes i cant stand it, i really just wanna play a different server or just straight up stop playing because its not worth playing with a community full of immaturity
  • nerdraging
    nerdraging Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I can't prove that either way but your example sucks. The GMs can't do anything with the game since they don't have the access to the source code. If they had, they didn't know how to code it. If they did, they couldn't read Chinese since the code comments are in Chinese. If they could, double-patching might cause severe glitches.

Why hire another dev team when 'everything is just fine with the current system'?

All this because they told you so and can you prove what you just said?
    I wouldn't have hired any GMs without any semblance of competency in coding if I'm running a game company. Would you hire someone without knowledge of carpentry if you wanted to renovate your home?

As for being Chinese correct me if I'm wrong, are there such things as Chinese computer codes and English computer codes?

What makes you so sure there aren't any Chinese persons working in the office just because the office is in the US of A?
    b:angry<--NERD RAGE!!!
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    ACLucius - Archosaur Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Every time I look at a thread where someone is complaining about the GMs and blaming them for everything that happens in this game, I remember back to my days working as a clerk in a meat store. Every time a customer got mad about something, I was the one they yelled at. They would say "I used to get this," and my hands were tied because I had to let them yell at me. The one time I told a customer that it wasn't me that made the decision, it was the company heads, I ended up getting put on probation a few days later.

People don't seem to realize that the GMs have limitations on what they can say and what they can do. I actually like the GMs we have. I get a little upset sometimes about the threads they will close or move, but I when I look at them, I can understand why they would. Some are just flame wars galore, some are insulting to the company (which it is probably a company policy some of these must be removed, and not done because the GM just doesn't like or agree with it). Some are just a waste of space and have no value in the forums, such as those by people basically saying, "I quit." Those are just unnecessary. You are leaving, fine, wish you wouldn't but whatever. There is no need to announce it though.

GM's are the face of this company, but you are blaming the soldiers for the actions of the officers, and it just isn't fair to them. When they say they are going to fix something, they have extremely little power over what really happens. It does mean that it will probably take a long time before any conclusion is found and a compromise met.

So yes, any changes the GMs intend to make will take a long time. In fact, they may never happen, but it doesn't mean they aren't trying. We see the surface of this company, but we don't know what happens within its walls. It's enough to just say "I don't like this, change it," instead of saying "its the GMs fault this is happening, how about we blame them?"

tl;dr
    Grow up kids, and get a little more wisdom before you just blame the first company representative you see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Didn't get the rest of it, but apparently I am the "destroyer of sin haters" as well.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I wouldn't have hired any GMs without any semblance of competency in coding if I'm running a game company. Would you hire someone without knowledge of carpentry if you wanted to renovate your home?

As for being Chinese correct me if I'm wrong, are there such things as Chinese computer codes and English computer codes?

What makes you so sure there aren't any Chinese persons working in the office just because the office is in the US of A?

I can't prove that the GMs don't have the access to the source code. The first chapter was 100% speculative. I also wouldn't use your example. GMs just patch the game, control (not decide, there's usually a marketing team for that) what cash shop items are on sale, what events are held and such. I don't think any GMs on any games know much about the source code, the patch team might have some idea though. (Kanto isn't a GM: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9606612&postcount=640)

Code is universal but code comments aren't. Also, since the game is so huge there is probably some kind of documentation about the code. It would be a waste to have it in English, especially when even some of the file names are in Chinese.

Of course I can't be sure that there aren't any Chinese people. It's just that even if someone is capable of speaking Chinese and coding the game, the dev team is still in China.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Chasee - Archosaur
    Chasee - Archosaur Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    In my opinion, if the GMs want some respect from us, they should show us that they deserve it. Someone mentioned honesty. Be honest. That's a start. If we can't even trust the staff, who should we trust? Who can we trust? Throwing in a lot of hours and taking a lot of heat doesn't mean jack when you're not responsive, when you're not honest, and when you take actions to further enrage the community even more.

Once again, if they want us to stop raging, they need to stop making us rage.

As a first step, even if the TW pay was total bull, I wouldn't have put packs as a permanent addition right away. Saying you want to help the economy and then putting in packs is a slap in the face and a kick in the nuts. At least have the decency to let the issue calm down a bit before putting in the packs, so you don't look like a total ****.

Secondly, replies like "well, how well the UI looks is very subjective. I think it looks very nice" isn't helping when you have 30 pages of people saying they hate it.

It also really irks me when there's 3 discussion threads with over 30 pages in each, with no or minimal GM response, while you see the GMs moving and hiding threads displaying concern and expressing opinions about the game. We see you here. But you're not contributing.

Lastly, communication is a two-way road. Look at the discussion threads. 190 pages of discussion and there's only been what? 1 GM reply? And the one about the early GM response, the reply wasn't even relevant. We can't have a "discussion" if it's just one side giving opinions and suggestions, while the other side is either non-existent or apathetic. Be more active in the community, talk with us about things going on in the company, give us your personal thoughts, I don't know. I think this was where spoons excelled. He wasn't just some figurehead. Many saw him as a person, and he knew how to be sympathetic. When people raged at him, he tries to understand. Try to foster some communication - when you involve the people in decisions, or at least informing them about it, they are less likely to resist ideas, or at least be overtly outraged. Provide us with some interactional justice.

Be sympathetic, be understanding. Don't assume we're stupid idiots who just swallow up everything you spew, because it can come back and bite you in the ****.

PS. Providing patches that fixes more bugs than it creates would also be a good start to establishing legitimacy.

Agree+10000000 with Asperitas.
    We need HONEST answers and they have to do their JOB, so please don't victisim them cause they have incredible mistakes and need fix it.
  • _Ghostz_ - Archosaur
    _Ghostz_ - Archosaur Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well its like this, the other Day i was watching undercover Boss, and in the show one of his jobs he was training for was Customer Service and he shadowed 2 people

The First Customer Service Rep had calls, he heard them out and heard what they had to say about the mistakes they made with their Requests.

He then apologized and said "Well this company offers no refunds but this what we can do for you" then he would give them a store credit, or another order for discounted prices etc and in the end the first angry cussing customer was calm and happy.

Now there was another Service rep that he shadowed which again took the calls but she acted differently. She said there was no refunds and there was nothing she could do about it and she would patch them through to corp.

She defended their policy, didnt listen to the customer, and the first rattled customer began to raise her voice and eventually hung up on her, and the boss wanted to fire her on the spot...

Now Imma let that sit with you for a second and let you think about this little story and see who was in fault
    Just don't. This is your final warning.
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    "We will lower the price of gold" STILL WAITING
    PLayer controlled. They can't "fix" that.
    "We will sort DQ price out" STILL WAITING
    Probably battling the higher ups about that, and losing.
    "We will fix the graphic issue" STILL WAITING
    Quit playing PC games on a PC with a ****ty graphics card.
    "we will fix rubber band" STILL WATING
    It's not that bad.

And the GMs don't add content, etc. They mainly deal with conflict and in-game technical issues. You just blow up at them because you can't blow up at the developers. You made them scapegoats.
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

LOL are you for real?

its the game engine that limits how good the game can look, not the graphics card

i bet you dont even know what i mean when i say 6800GS

on-topic: the hair rendering has been nerfed since the game was released
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    LOL are you for real?

its the game engine that limits how good the game can look, not the graphics card

i bet you dont even know what i mean when i say 6800GS

on-topic: the hair rendering has been nerfed since the game was released

It's known that certain gfx cards cause some glitches in graphics, but that seemed to depend on the type of card rather than the quality.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It's known that certain gfx cards cause some glitches in graphics, but that seemed to depend on the type of card rather than the quality.

yes but do you expect them to get around to fixing it?

short answer is... no i don't

you can buy the best gfx card in the world and it will still have issues with certain games, NVIDIA cards were unable to process HDR and AA at the same time in Farcry where as ATi cards could, and i believe that issue still stands to today even with newer cards

its down to the developers to fix their games to offer support to the widest amount of hardware they can not the graphics card manufacturing companies
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RainKilganon - Lost City
    RainKilganon - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

If you were the chinese hq, would you authorize a child-company of yours to make changes to the game that your main game hasn't taken yet? We get everything secondhand from PW-cn. Patches come through from them, with the possible exception of localization issues. Our GMs are here basically to keep the game running on a daily basis, not to make changes. As i said before, communication is one thing we can ask more of them, but coding and changing ANYTHING in the game isn't. Thats all up to the big guys in China.
    "I'm in the Dark, I'm alone around you. I've been here before, nobody here to get me through. Oh, I'm losing my faith in every way, That points to you, I'm in the dark." <3 The Birthday Massacre
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    +10000 to those who understand GM limit b:thanks
    (i am lazy to write so many words right now)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    PLayer controlled. They can't "fix" that.

Probably battling the higher ups about that, and losing.

It's not that bad.

And the GMs don't add content, etc. They mainly deal with conflict and in-game technical issues. You just blow up at them because you can't blow up at the developers. You made them scapegoats.

Are you kidding!! LOOK at the all NEW graphic they gave to us, pwi looked half decent 2 years ago, over the time, I feel like the graphic is getting twisted over and over again... and the result? It is GETTING WORSE. How is it "It's not THAT bad"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • crunchycat
    crunchycat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm really getting sick of seeing how this community is acting lately. I'm not going to pretend I like the new updates (as a matter of a fact I hate them), but seriously, lay off the GMs. I'm not the type that usually stands up for those in power, but you know what? The GMs can't do anything, other than talk, to make things change. The devs have done this, so put the freaking lynch mob away and stop making every post "QQ gms suxxorz".

I disagree. If the GMs/Mods/whoever faces the customer doesn't feel constant pain when there is a big problem, they are not likely going to be motivated to do anything (i.e. such as rattling their bosses, directors, ceo's cages).
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    too bad you fail because our lovely GMs decide what to put in our version of the game... the devs just provide them with the code that they moronically copy and paste. so yes, everything that is happening is 100% without a doubt the GMS FAULT, the employees of PWE.

EDIT: well i thought about it, it might technically not be the GMs jobs to implment everything, but it is the employees of PWE. the GMs however are supposed to be the ones that talk to us, and they haven't been talking. and they are also supposed to convery our concerns and ideas, which apparently they dont. so yeah.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • C/LLlE - Heavens Tear3
    C/LLlE - Heavens Tear3 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ...the GMs however are supposed to be the ones that talk to us, and they haven't been talking. and they are also supposed to convery our concerns and ideas, which apparently they dont. so yeah.

Surprising as it might sound, they do respond, it just takes far more effort and cajoling than should be necessary.
    Communication is good, we just need more of it. The past months have proven we're not going to be satisfied or placated with an off-hand "We're working on it." Go that little bit extra, tell us what you're working on, or at least as much as you're allowed to say. Keep your players informed and the flames and trolling - while they won't die out completely - should recede significantly.

The alternative is to leave us speculating and ranting in our dark corners - I doubt anyone's happy with the results of that...
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    too bad you fail because our lovely GMs decide what to put in our version of the game... the devs just provide them with the code that they moronically copy and paste. so yes, everything that is happening is 100% without a doubt the GMS FAULT, the employees of PWE.

EDIT: well i thought about it, it might technically not be the GMs jobs to implment everything, but it is the employees of PWE. the GMs however are supposed to be the ones that talk to us, and they haven't been talking. and they are also supposed to convery our concerns and ideas, which apparently they dont. so yeah.

Or actually they tell people above them about the problems, but they told to just leave it like that.

An example is a woodshop.
    In sunset an oldman enter the door, a young man goes to welcome him. " Can i help you sir ? "
    The oldman were looking for a comfy oak chair, the young man quickly show him the available oak chair for sale.
    The oldman said " Do you think which one is the best ? "
    The youngman say " These one sir."
    The youngman pick the most old chair that never sold for years

Why ? Because he just an employer and on these days, an employer must help the business as much as they can. Even with lies to costumer or keep quiet the whole time.

My guess :
    I think it more like . .

GM read forum
    GM sent the suggestion and complains to manager
    Manager read the reports
    Save the reasonable and can be done
    Manager goes to director to discuss it
    After discussion manager or director sent message to developer on CN
    Manager or director receive reply say *still in process*
    They told GM to announce it
    Players ignorantly goes to rage at GM

Add extra story*

GM goes back to company report that player goes rage (at him or her)
    Manager say " It's your job GM, the company hire you for that. Be patient and drink aspirin take enough rest after working. "
    GM say "but . . but sir . ."
    Manager say " Please we really need you to calm those people so do your best, OK. Good luck. "
    GM say " Then sir, is the bug and the other things will be fixed soon ? "
    Manager say " It's still in process. "
    GM goes rage in his mind
    Manager say " You can quit if you unable to take it anymore. It's fine we don't want our worker stress when working. "
    GM "It's alright sir. Thank you for your time. "
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • PaMpeReD - Heavens Tear
    PaMpeReD - Heavens Tear Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i liek mmm pie b:kiss
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i liek mmm pie b:kiss

oh my gosh me 2!! mmmmm specially PINGAS pie :D

come back when your a little mmmmmmm RICHER!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    oh my gosh me 2!! mmmmm specially PINGAS pie :D

come back when your a little mmmmmmm RICHER!

Fashion, packs, charms? It's yours my friend, as long as you have enough rubies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KazukiKinomo - Raging Tide
    KazukiKinomo - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    after reading 2 pages i had to skip to the last because of all the whining >.> simple answer- its a game,don't like it then don't play,and you are not required to buy gold then buy from the shop,its optional.ever thought they don't reply because they are tired of people yelling at them and complaining?no gm's are not responsible and cannot fix in game problems,that is up to the development team.yes they can host events and so forth but only when they are said to.id hate to be a gm if i was to get yelled at and be complained to 24/7 by people (vast majority are people under the age of 13) they are human and have lives.i would't be surprised if the game shut down from all the gm's quitting.so stop biting their heads off,remember kids,its just a game,no need to have conniption over

and thats my 2 cents worth :3
  • C/LLlE - Heavens Tear6
    C/LLlE - Heavens Tear6 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ^
    I really think there should be a rule against dredging up threads without reading the whole discussion.
    b:surrender
  • _kaela_ - Raging Tide
    _kaela_ - Raging Tide Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I really think the GMs should quit if this job is SO HARD for them, or deal with the firestorm and make the best of it. Can't complain about customers QQing when you knew that was a part of the job, that's like being a police officer and being shocked you get shot at occasionally.

And the ppl brown-nosing the GMs don't help much either, that's just as useless as the QQing, if not more, and aggravates both sides of the discussion.
  • Animal_Pein - Dreamweaver
    Animal_Pein - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This is my personal opinion and no one has to agree but the update isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

The packs give us tokens, best luck tokens, and super rare items, all which can be very useful. Yes, if they took out the "10m Big Note" as people have suggested, I believe gold will go down, but it also gives people motivation to buy packs. If more packs are bought than more rare items will be released and they won't be as expensive if 10 people have them than if say 2 people had it.

Concerning the font and all, when they released it I hated it mainly because I couldn't read anything on my genie. The next update fixed that, and I'm used to the new font, it doesn't really bother me: I suppose that would be preference to the person. An option to change fonts would be nice, but I can easily live without it.

A lot of people hate the TW system now. As for myself, I'm not in a faction that holds land so I am not affected by this in any way. The majority of people (the ones not in factions holding most or all of the territory) are benefitted by this for the simple reason that your opponent has less money. If you have no TW income, and they have millions more coin than you, they will be charmed, they will be refined, and you won't. This gives the map a chance to change. There is still reward for TW, so it isn't pointless (plus its for fun..at least should be). My last point is about gold. People were saying "no, the gold won't drop just because of TW pay cut or no refunding", but I think this is false. At first I agreed with them and I thought the new updated was unfair to those who TW. It lowers their benefits, yes, but it gives the new players a chance by limiting your funds and letting other people have a chance at good gear (from packs). They are preventing a monopoly of the big TW factions. Yesterday on dreamweaver the gold was at 365k. I was shocked when I saw this. It went back up to 400k but I think it'll go down again overtime, which means the update is working. This makes a lot of things affordable again, which is nice because it supports non-cash shoppers. So while packs remain, they can do some good for people while gold goes down from TW. Hopefully my faction and some others will gain some land now because of these changes.

Also, if TW isn't worth it anymore, why are there as many or more attacks on land than before? (again, I am on dreamweaver only so I can only reference what I've seen here and it may differ in other servers)