Ok, enough is enough

Comments

• Atreana - Lost City
    Atreana - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Kephras is one of the more mature forum posters here and they banned him? They used his video for their first video spotlight and he didn't even collect any royalties from them and they banned him?

I so enjoyed reading his posts which were sprinkled with wit and at times a bit of sarcasm which has class. SIGH and they banned him.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    With the current trend of sales, packs, and treatment of the community, these forums will go out of control, soon to be shutdown.

...can't wait for that day.

Packs have taught me the value of gambling...

Wanna take bets on how quickly the GMs/Mods shut the forums down? :D
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • _Ghostz_ - Archosaur
    _Ghostz_ - Archosaur Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited August 2010

I vote the day of 2nd yr Anniversary, I believe the forums will get extremely wild on that day
    Just don't. This is your final warning.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    He kept posting links to videos that contained 'vulgar' language. It was his anti-pack video that got him the banhammer. It's probably only a day or three, but still... he had been warned. Do I agree with the ban? Of course not, but what can I do. Failure to listen to a GM or Mod will get you banned.

I figured his recent video would have something to do with it, but I still wholeheartedly disagree with the ban. I wouldn't mind but there have been plenty of people repeatedly bypassing the language filter on this forum and I have yet to see any of those people actually banned. Posts edited? Sure. Banned? No.

Failure to listen to a GM or Mod will get you banned, yes. Their failure to listen to their player base is getting out of hand, however, and it's about to turn around and bite them in the **** so hard they won't sit down for weeks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited August 2010

They NEED the forum more than us, by having the forum here XD they can at least act like they are doing something
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • _Ghostz_ - Archosaur
    edited August 2010
    Ya i think i want to be a GM, get paid for doing nothing? American Dream right there
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    This seems like a censorship to me. Does China control what we can post on these forums now too? >.<
  • _Ghostz_ - Archosaur
    edited August 2010
    This seems like a censorship to me. Does China control what we can post on these forums now too? >.<

Everything is controlled by China Right now, the only thing we as Americans control is the length of the "Made in China" Stickers and even that is pushing it
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited August 2010

If they can, I'll be the first to nuke their damn headquarters.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Well all depends on how much you willing to pay to have things uncensored
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Up until this recent patch I had about 30 forum posts. If you look at my post count now that should tell you something.

Up until patch 390 I had 0 posts...

Lots of high level players with low post-counts coming out to voice their opinion...

I brought that up in another thread last night and then had to explain why it was significant >< -facepalm-
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Up until patch 390 I had 0 posts...

Lots of high level players with low post-counts coming out to voice their opinion...

I brought that up in another thread last night and then had to explain why it was significant >< -facepalm-

I had about 100 till about 2 months ago..and thats when i thought.. you know wat.. trolling actually more fun compare to actual game play b:laugh
  • RainKilganon - Lost City
    RainKilganon - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Ary, or another mod, please lock this thread. I tried to make a point and low and behold, it descends into the very threats and immature behavior I was talking about.

Before anyone complains, I am not talking about those mad about Kephras, or the ones actually bringing good points. But when it starts to turn into a riot in these last posts, I get annoying. Thanks for proving my point.
    "I'm in the Dark, I'm alone around you. I've been here before, nobody here to get me through. Oh, I'm losing my faith in every way, That points to you, I'm in the dark." <3 The Birthday Massacre
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Are we there yet?! I want to go to the bathroom!! I want to have icecream!!
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I saw and address and fax number to the people in China running the company, maybe some threads need to be printed and faxed/mailed etc.
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Ary, or another mod, please lock this thread. I tried to make a point and low and behold, it descends into the very threats and immature behavior I was talking about.

Before anyone complains, I am not talking about those mad about Kephras, or the ones actually bringing good points. But when it starts to turn into a riot in these last posts, I get annoying. Thanks for proving my point.

Sorry Rain I may have been immature in my response, it was off topic. I agree with what you said.. Indeed, what is the next step?

I've only been posting in the forums in the past week, before that, I would read them at my leisure. In spite of what my avatar says, I've been playing since March of '09. I must have signed up the forums later?

I only read a few of Kephras' posts but I agreed with every one I read. I also understand why he was banned, so please no one flame me for that...

I only wanted to point out the significance of the high level players with low post-counts. I'm also amazed at how many of us are saying the same thing.

Are there any next-tier-up management in the US? If so, I'd like to see some email addresses. I'd be happy to send them my thoughts.
    edited August 2010
    Honestly, imo I think what needs to be done is something like an open letter to the devs or something, respectfully writen, giving our views on the issues. Maybe in the form of a facebook group, since they seem so obcessed with it. If we can get a good ammount of signatures, or constructive feedback, that the gms can pass along, then that might work. I mean, if you were frankie, would you want to give your boss hundreds of pages of rage? All that would tell me is my community manager can't keep control and needs to be let go (NO FLAMES ON THIS PLEASE). But if that same cm brought me a petition, or something where his community banded together, I would be more inclined to listen.
    "I'm in the Dark, I'm alone around you. I've been here before, nobody here to get me through. Oh, I'm losing my faith in every way, That points to you, I'm in the dark." <3 The Birthday Massacre
  • LeirtA - Lost City
    LeirtA - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Honestly, imo I think what needs to be done is something like an open letter to the devs or something, respectfully writen, giving our views on the issues. Maybe in the form of a facebook group, since they seem so obcessed with it. If we can get a good ammount of signatures, or constructive feedback, that the gms can pass along, then that might work. I mean, if you were frankie, would you want to give your boss hundreds of pages of rage? All that would tell me is my community manager can't keep control and needs to be let go (NO FLAMES ON THIS PLEASE). But if that same cm brought me a petition, or something where his community banded together, I would be more inclined to listen.

Appealing to their good nature and common sense won't work in China. Bribing them will.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6J9LLe2Jlg<- One of my best loved piece of trance track
  • C/LLlE - Heavens Tear3
    C/LLlE - Heavens Tear3 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2010

The biggest problem I see with this is, PWE needs to be made to realize that all this raging and ranting and chaos isn't due to any failing on their GMs/CMs' part, but due to their own poor decisions. And when your earnings reports and stock options are telling you you're the VIP of Sales/Marketing, you're not inclined to listen to the clamor of some internet forum.

If you aren't giving them your money, you are no longer significant in their eyes, and unfortunately this has been true for well over a year - the anniversary packs simply made it more evident.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    This all would of been avoided if gold trading didn't exist... devs fault on that, so +1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Pyrya - Archosaur
    Pyrya - Archosaur Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    This all would of been avoided if gold trading didn't exist... devs fault on that, so +1

Your blatant stupidity never ceases to amaze me. Gold trading is what stops bots and gold farms, it's a fantastic idea. Players can trade their gold for peoples coins, instead of buying it from a seedy gold farm site (X,000,000 coins only $20.00! -insert random url-). I have heard this in every game i have played, except this one. This ensures PWI will never have a problem with real world trading. It's a fantastic system that i applaud them for thinking of. The problem is not gold trading, it's packs. Gold trading existed far before packs ever came out and no one ever complained once. It allowed a completely free player to access the boutique through game made coin. Is that the case anymore? Yes but it sure is a helluva lot harder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010

Yulk why you so pro at be a noob?
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Maybe people will found out why these all happen, if one of their family were a GM on some MMO b:chuckle

One of the rudest GM i can find is from my country MMO (Ind), he said " Are you even have working experience ? " to a player that non stop keep asking him question about in game problems.
    (at that time there something like what happen on PWI that making everyone keep asking GM )

He seem frustated and later on couple other GM quit together with him b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • DeeDania - Raging Tide
    DeeDania - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Either live with the rules and changes in the game - or STOP playing. Its THAT simple. Dont blame someone, that isnt to blame. - That is just Childish..
    f:grin Awesomeness is a state of mind f:shy
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Either live with the rules and changes in the game - or STOP playing. Its THAT simple. Dont blame someone, that isnt to blame. - That is just Childish..

VILKASS: You saying GMs shouldn't be accountable for what they post? Atleast from what I noticed, a lot of ppl here, like me, are ranging not at the update, though they are not happy with that as well, but what the GMs are posting on the forums
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Disclaimer: I have not read any post in this thread yet except for the first one.

/disclaimer.

A thread QQing about all the QQ. I've NEVER seen that before. What else is new?

My problem with the GMs is what they SAY. What the SAY often:

-Contradicts something else they said
    -Is completely wrong
    -Makes promises that will never be fulfulled

They can be as innocent as they want about the game mechanics but they can control what they say, can't they? Thought so.
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    LOL it's getting funny :p Serious people speaking the truth getting banned and denying lies b:chuckle China much b:laugh
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010

*pat pat* It's ok, one day you'll grow up and understand. Finish your juice, it's almost time for your nap.

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    *pat pat* It's ok, one day you'll grow up and understand. Finish your juice, it's almost time for your nap.

*falls out of my chair laughing*b:laugh
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
    edited August 2010

Thats not the point I was trying to make. Hardly. We should in no way sit back and take this, when it is ruining the game we love. The majority of us are upset BECAUSE we love this game and dont want to see it drown. My point was just the WAY people are expressing themselves is such a way that it makes the community as a whole look childish and immature.

b:chuckle i rofled irl b:surrender