Ok, enough is enough

12346»

Comments

• Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010

A lot of people hate the TW system now. As for myself, I'm not in a faction that holds land so I am not affected by this in any way. The majority of people (the ones not in factions holding most or all of the territory) are benefitted by this for the simple reason that your opponent has less money. If you have no TW income, and they have millions more coin than you, they will be charmed, they will be refined, and you won't. This gives the map a chance to change. There is still reward for TW, so it isn't pointless (plus its for fun..at least should be). My last point is about gold. People were saying "no, the gold won't drop just because of TW pay cut or no refunding", but I think this is false. At first I agreed with them and I thought the new updated was unfair to those who TW. It lowers their benefits, yes, but it gives the new players a chance by limiting your funds and letting other people have a chance at good gear (from packs). They are preventing a monopoly of the big TW factions. Yesterday on dreamweaver the gold was at 365k. I was shocked when I saw this. It went back up to 400k but I think it'll go down again overtime, which means the update is working. This makes a lot of things affordable again, which is nice because it supports non-cash shoppers. So while packs remain, they can do some good for people while gold goes down from TW. Hopefully my faction and some others will gain some land now because of these changes.

Also, if TW isn't worth it anymore, why are there as many or more attacks on land than before? (again, I am on dreamweaver only so I can only reference what I've seen here and it may differ in other servers)
    The reward for TW is not worth anything, and that hurts the smaller guilds more than the big ones. Most of the people in major landholding factions can support their own spending easily without TW pay. Taking that out will not stop TW factions from monopolizing the map or buying what they need. It does not give other people a "fair chance" at buying good gear, at least more fair that what is already on the table. From what I see, the new TW system is discouraging TWs, which helps major guilds secure their monopoly of the map, so it is doing the OPPOSITE of what you said it is doing, because with low rewards who would want to burn so much charm and resources over it? It is the people who are already rich who can TW "for fun" and those people are in the big factions, thus taking out TW pay doesn't hurt them.

Gold went down this week because coral packs suck, not because of any changes to the system. Most of you probably don't realize this but the smart merchants calculate the pack's value based on the item %s and the coral packs suck.
  • Animal_Pein - Dreamweaver
    Animal_Pein - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The reward for TW is not worth anything, and that hurts the smaller guilds more than the big ones. Most of the people in major landholding factions can support their own spending easily without TW pay. Taking that out will not stop TW factions from monopolizing the map or buying what they need. It does not give other people a "fair chance" at buying good gear, at least more fair that what is already on the table. From what I see, the new TW system is discouraging TWs, which helps major guilds secure their monopoly of the map, so it is doing the OPPOSITE of what you said it is doing, because with low rewards who would want to burn so much charm and resources over it? It is the people who are already rich who can TW "for fun" and those people are in the big factions, thus taking out TW pay doesn't hurt them.

Gold went down this week because coral packs suck, not because of any changes to the system. Most of you probably don't realize this but the smart merchants calculate the pack's value based on the item %s and the coral packs suck.

From what I've seen a lot of people were QQing about how TW pay won't cover their repair/charms anymore. I'm not in a big TW faction so I don't know if their funds are covered or not, but based on QQs and from what I've heard, some people don't TW anymore because they were only in it for the money and now that is gone. If that's true then the bigger factions are weaker than before. The other factions without any land have not changed. They weren't getting TW funds before, they aren't getting them now. So based off that it the smaller factions have a better chance now.

People also QQd about how packs will raise prices, but if the corals suck so much and will lower it, I don't see the problem with having them as so many people seem to have. I am no expert but I am hoping it will lower more and stay low and not go up once tiger packs are released again, because they have 1% more chance of getting good stuff (according to the database)
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    From what I've seen a lot of people were QQing about how TW pay won't cover their repair/charms anymore. I'm not in a big TW faction so I don't know if their funds are covered or not, but based on QQs and from what I've heard, some people don't TW anymore because they were only in it for the money and now that is gone. If that's true then the bigger factions are weaker than before. The other factions without any land have not changed. They weren't getting TW funds before, they aren't getting them now. So based off that it the smaller factions have a better chance now.

Again, people QQd about how packs will raise prices, but if the corals suck so much and will lower it, I don't see the problem. I am no expert but I am hoping it will lower more and stay low and not go up once tiger packs are released again, because they have 1% more chance of getting good stuff (according to the database)

I am in a major TW faction and my pay didn't cover my charm cost until much later when we owned the majority of the map. If they didn't cover charm costs before I don't see why it would make too much of a difference now that it doesn't cover it anymore again. I admit it does chase away a few members who joined to get a fat paycheck, but my faction has not suffered any exodus from the last update. On my server, there are fewer TWs. Where factions might have shown up to a defense TW they knew they would lose to just play for fun, they now don't show up at all to save charm costs for a later ganking-the-big-guild TW.

I think in general the established players who are in major factions already know how to fund their own gameplay, including TW costs, whereas aspiring factions who are still learning how to balance their TW spending and their normal earnings suffer from their expenses and lack of compensation. You can say that there is still a point for smaller factions to challenge larger factions for the fun of it, but it's not so fun for your wallet when you have to shell out a few mil in charm and apoth, and even if you win, your reward is 150 mirages.

Packs have already raised gold prices. They are what brought gold from 100K to 400K when the first strain of packs came out last September. Coral packs did not "lower" gold prices, it just inflated them less than other packs. When there were no packs on sale a few months ago gold was 300K, so it's still higher with crappy packs than no packs at all.
  • KazukiKinomo - Raging Tide
    KazukiKinomo - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    ^
    I really think there should be a rule against dredging up threads without reading the whole discussion.
    b:surrender

so i didn't read when the last post was,oh well.

this needs to be discussed in my opinion.the por gm's don't get enough credit as they should. and i don't think anyone would read through 15 pages of whining >.>
  • Animal_Pein - Dreamweaver
    Animal_Pein - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I am in a major TW faction and my pay didn't cover my charm cost until much later when we owned the majority of the map. If they didn't cover charm costs before I don't see why it would make too much of a difference now that it doesn't cover it anymore again. I admit it does chase away a few members who joined to get a fat paycheck, but my faction has not suffered any exodus from the last update. On my server, there are fewer TWs. Where factions might have shown up to a defense TW they knew they would lose to just play for fun, they now don't show up at all to save charm costs for a later ganking-the-big-guild TW.

I think in general the established players who are in major factions already know how to fund their own gameplay, including TW costs, whereas aspiring factions who are still learning how to balance their TW spending and their normal earnings suffer from their expenses and lack of compensation. You can say that there is still a point for smaller factions to challenge larger factions for the fun of it, but it's not so fun for your wallet when you have to shell out a few mil in charm and apoth, and even if you win, your reward is 150 mirages.

Packs have already raised gold prices. They are what brought gold from 100K to 400K when the first strain of packs came out last September. Coral packs did not "lower" gold prices, it just inflated them less than other packs. When there were no packs on sale a few months ago gold was 300K, so it's still higher with crappy packs than no packs at all.

You say that the paycheck DID cover your charms when you held most of the map? Well, then that is all the reason for other factions to have a chance, if your charm is no longer covered. People are still TWing, so either its for fun or because they think it is worth it. Or possibly they see that they have a better chance with the new update. For whatever reason, people are still TWing and TW isn't going to end.

I agree with you that the packs do control the prices, but they do add cheap tokens and useful items for us to use
  • RainKilganon - Lost City
    RainKilganon - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Ok, the TW thing is slightly offtopic from this thread, but ill reply anyways.

As far as "TW no longer being able to fund charms" somehow being translated to "QQ no fat paycheck", that's not at all fair. You say you're not in a top guild so you wouldn't understand. I can't speak for other servers, but as far as Lost City goes, the paycheck for charms is a big deal. You made a comment how this benefits smaller guilds, since they don't take the payment anyways, but to be blunt, the smaller guilds don't matter when it comes to charm costs. On Lost City at least, the smaller guilds stand so little chance that I've seen a top guild send a single squad against a whole guild and still win in 15 mins. That's not in the true nature of TW. But when the big dogs clash together, that's when the pay comes in. 2 top guilds clashing for 3 hours is just torture for both sides without charms, pots, etc involved. Wasn't always that way, but when an uber-geared toon is hitting you, the charm tick is the difference between death and survival. Without charms, catabarbs are near sitting ducks and the defenders will always win. So yeah, the pay is a big deal, and not just "a fat paycheck".

But besides, you are only looking at one half of the TW issue. Yeah, pay is reduced, but the overall change actually hurts the smaller guilds. That is, now with anonymous bidding and NO refunds. What smaller guild is going to want to risk their 500k or 1m when they don't even know if they are going to fight? And if they don't fight, they lose all that money anyways. This actually limits TW in general, but especially to smaller guilds who don't have the pay already backing them.

Anyways, again, that's way off topic from the thread, but that's my contribution anyways.
    "I'm in the Dark, I'm alone around you. I've been here before, nobody here to get me through. Oh, I'm losing my faith in every way, That points to you, I'm in the dark." <3 The Birthday Massacre
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    This gives the [TW] map a chance to change. [...] It lowers their benefits, yes, but it gives the new players a chance by limiting your funds and letting other people have a chance at good gear (from packs). They are preventing a monopoly of the big TW factions.
    If they wanted to jumble up the map so it's not dominated by a single faction, the quickest and simplest way to do it would've been to raise the number of simultaneous attacks possible. Right now it's 3. All they had to do was change that single number in the source code to 5 or something.
    I don't have any stake in this since I don't PvP. But isn't the fun of TW maximized when you have two or more well-balanced factions duking it out? What is the point of PvPing if a fight is completely one-sided? If your faction owns most of the map, and most of its players play for fun, shouldn't they be working on plans to split up into two well-matched factions so you can have fun fighting a challenging opponent? How exactly is steamrolling the opposition every weekend any fun?

Somehow, I suspect fun isn't quite the priority that the players in the current land-dominating factions claim it is. Was the real priority the TW pay? Or bragging rights? I don't know. But their actions speak louder than their words. The dominant faction on Lost City conquered the entire map, then immediately disbanded to form multiple smaller factions to fight over it again. That's the behavior you would expect from a faction whose players do TW primarily for fun.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010

But besides, you are only looking at one half of the TW issue. Yeah, pay is reduced, but the overall change actually hurts the smaller guilds. That is, now with anonymous bidding and NO refunds. What smaller guild is going to want to risk their 500k or 1m when they don't even know if they are going to fight? And if they don't fight, they lose all that money anyways. This actually limits TW in general, but especially to smaller guilds who don't have the pay already backing them.

Anyways, again, that's way off topic from the thread, but that's my contribution anyways.

^ That's what we've been saying.

As for your first paragraph, I'm not gonna try to argue that. People use their pay differently. My pay didn't cover my charm costs, and I didn't even get pay when my guild was founded, so it's just like going back to those days. I'm not going to pretend getting 3M a week is nothing because it's not nothing, but the entire point of my posting was it hurts the smaller guilds more and you admit that yourself.
  • RainKilganon - Lost City
    RainKilganon - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    ^ That's what we've been saying.

As for your first paragraph, I'm not gonna try to argue that. People use their pay differently. My pay didn't cover my charm costs, and I didn't even get pay when my guild was founded, so it's just like going back to those days. I'm not going to pretend getting 3M a week is nothing because it's not nothing, but the entire point of my posting was it hurts the smaller guilds more and you admit that yourself.

Naw, I wasn't arguing with you. I know you were saying its harder for smaller guilds. I meant that towards the other poster (sorry, typing this on my phone so I can't see the names right now) who was saying that the pay is so that smaller guilds have a better chance.
    "I'm in the Dark, I'm alone around you. I've been here before, nobody here to get me through. Oh, I'm losing my faith in every way, That points to you, I'm in the dark." <3 The Birthday Massacre
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    If they wanted to jumble up the map so it's not dominated by a single faction, the quickest and simplest way to do it would've been to raise the number of simultaneous attacks possible. Right now it's 3. All they had to do was change that single number in the source code to 5 or something.

I don't have any stake in this since I don't PvP. But isn't the fun of TW maximized when you have two or more well-balanced factions duking it out? What is the point of PvPing if a fight is completely one-sided? If your faction owns most of the map, and most of its players play for fun, shouldn't they be working on plans to split up into two well-matched factions so you can have fun fighting a challenging opponent? How exactly is steamrolling the opposition every weekend any fun?

Somehow, I suspect fun isn't quite the priority that the players in the current land-dominating factions claim it is. Was the real priority the TW pay? Or bragging rights? I don't know. But their actions speak louder than their words. The dominant faction on Lost City conquered the entire map, then immediately disbanded to form multiple smaller factions to fight over it again. That's the behavior you would expect from a faction whose players do TW primarily for fun.

Of course, and you are completely correct. However I and the fellow founders of my faction cannot control where people choose to go. Eventually, people started joining our guild because they didn't like the old guilds or they liked our attitude, I wouldn't know, and we became the top faction. It's not like we intentionally poached members from rival factions. And as far as Enrage is concerned, we did have an attempt at a "split" when we thought TWs were boring, but that simply didn't turn out well, and in my experience between many games, guild splits tend not to work out, period.

It is true that when Enrage was founded, it was for the fun of TW, but that generation of players has all but quit and there are only a handful left. With changing members come changing attitudes, and just as PW has become a greed-driven game, I wouldn't argue with you if you say that money is as much a motivation as fun now for any large faction. The fact does remain that the new patch has not destroyed HT's top faction, not sure about the other servers, so I have faith that at least the majority of Enrage still TWs for the fun of it.

@Rain: Ah I see xD
  • FallinShadow - Heavens Tear
    FallinShadow - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    b:chuckle Cute.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Keke Zolanski in da Haus!
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Of course, and you are completely correct. However I and the fellow founders of my faction cannot control where people choose to go. Eventually, people started joining our guild because they didn't like the old guilds or they liked our attitude, I wouldn't know, and we became the top faction. It's not like we intentionally poached members from rival factions. And as far as Enrage is concerned, we did have an attempt at a "split" when we thought TWs were boring, but that simply didn't turn out well, and in my experience between many games, guild splits tend not to work out, period.

It is true that when Enrage was founded, it was for the fun of TW, but that generation of players has all but quit and there are only a handful left. With changing members come changing attitudes, and just as PW has become a greed-driven game, I wouldn't argue with you if you say that money is as much a motivation as fun now for any large faction. The fact does remain that the new patch has not destroyed HT's top faction, not sure about the other servers, so I have faith that at least the majority of Enrage still TWs for the fun of it.

@Rain: Ah I see xD

To be honest I can't really agree with you, if people really what to change they will act, I joined salad when they just starting up and fighting for land I moved to enrage once they are getting ganged, I left for TE as soon enrage won against Tao 1vs1 3 weeks in a row, and since that time I had a lot of fun tw in TE

By no means I m telling you guys to break up, and I'm really shocked to see all those new ppl in enrage , had a lot fun with Mse with them in cube. At the end of the day if you really want to tw you would followed the fight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    To be honest I can't really agree with you, if people really what to change they will act, I joined salad when they just starting up and fighting for land I moved to enrage once they are getting ganged, I left for TE as soon enrage won against Tao 1vs1 3 weeks in a row, and since that time I had a lot of fun tw in TE

By no means I m telling you guys to break up, and I'm really shocked to see all those new ppl in enrage , had a lot fun with Mse with them in cube. At the end of the day if you really want to tw you would followed the fight.

My story's a little different. I started off with RoC, then stuck with Enrage since it was made, win or lose. I guess you're right in that I don't follow the fight; I follow the guild. I don't think that necessarily rules out TWing for fun though. Even when I "quit" *cough took a long break* I still logged on once a week for the sole purpose of TW, and heck it didn't matter how much money I had since I thought I was done with the game for good so as long as I could sell a few pots for money to buy charms. Like I already said, I wouldn't argue with anyone if they say greed is what drives people to TW, but following the fight and following the guild are both reasons that do not include money, and not everyone plays for the same reasons. Just because someone follows the guild does not necessarily exclude them from enjoying TW for what it is instead of being in it for the money. And like I said, I'm not denying that money was not a factor at all...Obviously guilds--including Enrage--grew quicker when there was an income to rely on :P

Anyways I ranted a bit more than I meant to. My point was that I don't think you are wrong, but there are other possibilities besides "following the money" and "following the fight."
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I wish the unhappy boring players would quit while the happy fun ones stick around. But it's always the other way around because the filth from the unhappy boring mean players is just too much to deal with.
  • thylis
    thylis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i don't get it: i think that the mods/gms made it clear that they are here to keep the forums clean. i have seen job offers for gms (game-master in the usually mmo-context) and job offers for cm/moderators (community manager - this says all, i think) for several other mmorpgs i will not name here- shouldn't matter.
    In the description there is nothing about developing or fixing- for a CM/Moderator its keeping the forum clean and being an "interface" (i fail @ finding a better word, german would be schnittstelle) between developers and community.

so yes, its their job to ban people which are violating forum rules or ToS, its their job to collect feedback (and somehow i am sure they do, or would you want to keep that bunch of flame for things u didn't do??) and its their job to tell the community what the Devs WANT the community to know. nothing more, nothing less.
    The Mods can only tell you things they MAY tell you. If they are told to tell that they like the ui - they have to. If they are told to tell that gold price is beeing lowered- the have to tell us that gold is going to be lowered, if the devs want them to tell the sky is yellow-green- they would have to tell us that to, because it's there job.

I do not think that any of the mods actually likes beeing yelled at and beeing held responsible for deceisions they didn't make and probably dislike themselves- they just don't have any room for there own opinion , its work here for them.
    I have seen what happend as a CM of a big company got feed up and actually posted what HE thought, starring @ a big bunch of flame generated by the devs making changes the comunity didn't like.
    No need to say that this guy lost its job , is beeing recognized by A LOT of players cause that community just tore him to pieces -virtually.

I have also seen how a big mmocompany did react to an putrage in the forums and took back the planned change the community hated.

i can only ask you to keep in mind that the people you get here can only do the following:

-take summarys of things people are concerned about to their supervisor
    -post the infos they get and repeat those

they have to:
    -keep the forums clean
    -post the infos they get

so try to imagine that this is your job under the named circumstances and think twice before leave your flames here where they are just @ the worng adress- leave the flames out, try to be objective and polite. This will be noticed and they will tell the people working on the next level of hierachy. But a Mod i just not responsible if a dev or the managers doesn't care.
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I wish the unhappy boring players would quit while the happy fun ones stick around. But it's always the other way around because the filth from the unhappy boring mean players is just too much to deal with.

because most of the "unhappy boring players" have put the most into this game, be it money or passion. We have a lot more to lose than you newbies do; thus we fight for what we believe in
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vbarbie
    vbarbie Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Dont be stupid.. who is gonna take care of the comunity of players? who is gonna listen to them..... ? That's right that's a GM job, that's exactly what the company hires them for. If the comunity of that game is happy then it's an easy job, if the comunity keeps getting screwed up by the game , well then you dont wanna be on those Shoes. So as we players deal with changes the devs make, the Gm's better be ready to deal with the comunity..
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    thylis wrote: »
    i don't get it: i think that the mods/gms made it clear that they are here to keep the forums clean. i have seen job offers for gms (game-master in the usually mmo-context) and job offers for cm/moderators (community manager - this says all, i think) for several other mmorpgs i will not name here- shouldn't matter.
    In the description there is nothing about developing or fixing- for a CM/Moderator its keeping the forum clean and being an "interface" (i fail @ finding a better word, german would be schnittstelle) between developers and community.

so yes, its their job to ban people which are violating forum rules or ToS, its their job to collect feedback (and somehow i am sure they do, or would you want to keep that bunch of flame for things u didn't do??) and its their job to tell the community what the Devs WANT the community to know. nothing more, nothing less.
    The Mods can only tell you things they MAY tell you. If they are told to tell that they like the ui - they have to. If they are told to tell that gold price is beeing lowered- the have to tell us that gold is going to be lowered, if the devs want them to tell the sky is yellow-green- they would have to tell us that to, because it's there job.

I do not think that any of the mods actually likes beeing yelled at and beeing held responsible for deceisions they didn't make and probably dislike themselves- they just don't have any room for there own opinion , its work here for them.
    I have seen what happend as a CM of a big company got feed up and actually posted what HE thought, starring @ a big bunch of flame generated by the devs making changes the comunity didn't like.
    No need to say that this guy lost its job , is beeing recognized by A LOT of players cause that community just tore him to pieces -virtually.

I have also seen how a big mmocompany did react to an putrage in the forums and took back the planned change the community hated.

i can only ask you to keep in mind that the people you get here can only do the following:

-take summarys of things people are concerned about to their supervisor
    -post the infos they get and repeat those

they have to:
    -keep the forums clean
    -post the infos they get

so try to imagine that this is your job under the named circumstances and think twice before leave your flames here where they are just @ the worng adress- leave the flames out, try to be objective and polite. This will be noticed and they will tell the people working on the next level of hierachy. But a Mod i just not responsible if a dev or the managers doesn't care.

+10000 i want to add image but mod already remove it because of abuse, good decision though
    There was a thread here that being so hostile of someone that made PW costume. He quickly called as fan boys and some other things, basically most people on these forum being hostile to him.
    I found that a mmo forum with that most of the member is otaku or pro gamer (that earn living by gaming) they were more friendly than on here . . b:surrender
    (even when facing similar problems)

If GM / mods can't give reply wanted because of their limitation there nothing to do right ? Can't push them around just because it's their job. It's not like the main company will make a move if one of their (non top priority) staff is being pushed around by costumer, what will happen is the staff will quit. And company will replace with new one that also limited on action.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    thylis wrote: »

Moderators be a voluntary position.
    It doesn't fit the human definition of a "job" since there be no pay.
    b:bye
    But then again, do animals have "jobs"? We don't get paid for our intellectual or physical (depending on functional status (? translation required) ) endeavors. o.o'
    Me suppose we all has "careers" or mayhaps "hobbies" in the sense it be a "general progression of [our] working or professional life"?
    Although mayhaps it be moot since we don't has monies either.
    x.x'
    ow me brains.
    D:
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Just need the big factions to split into smaller one and we can have some fun tw
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • So - Raging Tide
    So - Raging Tide Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I agree with OP..

may it comes to those ppl that the GMs here are told to do all this?
    if we have sounded our complain and it turned out they didnt do anything to fix it,
    maybe its bcos their Manager/Boss told them to do so.

if still want to complain, maybe should go to PWE Big Boss instead the small mobs a.k.a GMs.

anyway, I find it kinda funny if I relate it to the Burger thingy.
    It's up to the seller what they want to sell, not the buyer.
    Yes of course, if the seller sells what buyer wants it will make the buyer happy,
    but if they dont want to? who can force them?

It's like saying you want my money? Sell the Burger at $1 naaaooowww !!
    and to plus on this Forum its like this:
    "Hereee kitty kitty bish, want my money? sell the burger at 1$ you moron"

complain and telling the seller what buyer wants is cool,
    but not all complain needs to be heard / solved.

this is complain about latest patch, its not a small patch,
    they must have gone throu several talking / meeting about this and decided still wants to do it.
    in other words, they aware of the outcome of the decision.

and for all, I agree the childish attitude needs to stop
    plus ppl need to stop taking game too seriously >.>
    edited August 2010

if still want to complain, maybe should go to PWE Big Boss instead the small mobs a.k.a GMs.
    Ha ha small mobs . . watch out for falling hammer b:shocked (a.k.a ban hammer)
    and for all, I agree the childish attitude needs to stop
    plus ppl need to stop taking game too seriously >.>
    I already give +1 to +10000 on other thread or earlier page of these thread now i give these + 10001 b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It doesn't fit the human definition of a "job" since there be no pay.
    b:bye

I'd say that it comes quite close to being a charity worker. Now where they are hiding those starving/illiterate/paralyzed/elderly hamsters, I wonder.

b:cute
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • ValFera - Heavens Tear
    ValFera - Heavens Tear Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Once again i would like to say that i still agree with the OP message the GMs get a lot of BS etc from us (the player base), and 90-95% is more than likely uncalled for.

But i also believe that the GMs need to stop treating us like Mushrooms (enough dark and fertilizer already please).

I remember the time when you could run across a GM in game randomly but not anymore it is like they are affraid to stick thier necks out and be seen in game anymore, sad really :(

Also i would like to say -- MagicHamsta for MOD + 1,000,000,000,000 that little guy needs a job. b:chuckle

But seriously folks it is a game (one that i like very much) relax have fun, and GMs please tell us the truth most of us "CAN HANDLE THE TRUTH"
    Leader - Hikari LVL3 PVE Faction {Heavens Tear}

Hikari is the Light.
    RESPECT is part of the Light so when you show others respect you show them the light.
    TRUTH is part of the Light, so if you find deception put light on it for all to see.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Also i would like to say -- MagicHamsta for MOD + 1,000,000,000,000 that little guy needs a job. b:chuckle

b:shocked No, thats just aiding his ebil plans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    If the GM's don't want hate directed at them, then they should stop promising things to us that they never planned on carrying out in the first place, i.e. bug fixes, dq compensation, gold prices, etc. They brought it upon themselves.
    edited August 2010
    If the GM's don't want hate directed at them, then they should stop promising things to us that they never planned on carrying out in the first place, i.e. bug fixes, dq compensation, gold prices, etc. They brought it upon themselves.

Because they told GM to say the promise b:surrender

(Co = company, manager, director, part of dev at US)
    Everything begin with players goes uproar as usual and try to kill GM
    Someday a brave GM meet Co on the way of his office then ask him how to take care of the players
    Co : " go tell them everything will be fine "
    GM : " but sir, in the office there seem very little progress so far . . "
    GM : " say everything is fine were to early and can make player goes wild if nothing happen "
    Co : " your were employed for these (do it or leave) or you don't feel good ? "
    GM : " no, sir i will do it right away "
    Co : " hear . . you must be tough, do you think i am not a GM like you before ? "
    Co : " just listen to what they say, answer what you can. aspirin will help a lot "
    Co : " don't worry just keep coming on friday at hamsta house so we can pray for faster progress "
    GM : " thank you sir, i will do my best for the company "
    Co : " that's the spirit, good luck "
    After the conversation the GM say good bye to his supervision

Note : *these is give tyrant feel, of course the actual conversation won't be like that*

Basically GM is face of the company (for player), what GM say is what company say.
    GM can't do outside what company allow for them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I remember the time when you could run across a GM in game randomly but not anymore it is like they are affraid to stick thier necks out and be seen in game anymore, sad really :(

They would be PK'd on the spot. >.>
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i think its time GMs pull out the b@nh@mm3r
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)