Ok, enough is enough

RainKilganon - Lost City
RainKilganon - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
I'm really getting sick of seeing how this community is acting lately. I'm not going to pretend I like the new updates (as a matter of a fact I hate them), but seriously, lay off the GMs. I'm not the type that usually stands up for those in power, but you know what? The GMs can't do anything, other than talk, to make things change. The devs have done this, so put the freaking lynch mob away and stop making every post "QQ gms suxxorz".

No wonder nothing gets done, would you stick your neck out to help a customer that has been screaming at you all day? This is like going into McDonalds and screaming at the crew person because your favorite burger went up in price. All you're doing is placing the blame in the wrong place, making someones job a living hell, and making yourself look like a fool.

Do I think we should be silent? God no. But we, as a community, need to stop acting like 5 year olds. Maybe then we'll be treated as more than 5 year olds. Grow up, its getting old.
"I'm in the Dark, I'm alone around you. I've been here before, nobody here to get me through. Oh, I'm losing my faith in every way, That points to you, I'm in the dark." <3 The Birthday Massacre
Post edited by RainKilganon - Lost City on

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    not sure if some are intelligent enough to realize that. They probably say they are but decide to rant on the wrong person anyway cause the forum is the closest and easiest method. lazyness ftw
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I'm really getting sick of seeing how this community is acting lately. I'm not going to pretend I like the new updates (as a matter of a fact I hate them), but seriously, lay off the GMs. I'm not the type that usually stands up for those in power, but you know what? The GMs can't do anything, other than talk, to make things change. The devs have done this, so put the freaking lynch mob away and stop making every post "QQ gms suxxorz".

No wonder nothing gets done, would you stick your neck out to help a customer that has been screaming at you all day? This is like going into McDonalds and screaming at the crew person because your favorite burger went up in price. All you're doing is placing the blame in the wrong place, making someones job a living hell, and making yourself look like a fool.

Do I think we should be silent? God no. But we, as a community, need to stop acting like 5 year olds. Maybe then we'll be treated as more than 5 year olds. Grow up, its getting old.

+1

This is getting ridiculous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2010

I am so happy to find someone say these . . b:cry
    But people here was so ignorant . . b:surrender (well not just here)
    They say as long as dev not do something they will keep torturing the GM b:surrender

Sad it's sad times . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    +1

This is getting ridiculous.

I +1 this +1.
    10char/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    So you are saying THEY STICK THEIR HEADS OUT TO HELP..

help wat?!!? can you please show me a example of this taking place? Anyone got helped from the gm yet? Have they ever helped anyone? The answear is NO!!, they YET to start helping people, untill they start doing so, we will just QQ away.

"We will lower the price of gold" STILL WAITING

"We will sort DQ price out" STILL WAITING

"We will fix tw issue' STILL WAITING

"We will fix the graphic issue" STILL WAITING

"we will fix rubber band" STILL WATING

I find QQ away is actually a lot more fun compare to actual game play these days
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    but you know what? The GMs can't do anything, other than talk, to make things change. The devs have done this, so put the freaking lynch mob away and stop making every post "QQ gms suxxorz".

hmm, did i see fail? devs took out the TW pay yea, but guess who put the coral packs in permenant? the PWE GMs. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I agree. b:surrender

I try to help Frankie and probably have more options then any of you but it just won't calm down. For nearly a week now it hasn't stopped for even one day. If there isn't someone begging for a vacation the forumposts itself give us headaches. I went through 3 packages of painkillers in the last week alone. And my painbarrier is actually pretty high I have been told. b:surrender

We ask people to calm down and just get more flaming even though as you said it wasn't our choice in the first place. We are just the ones paying for it. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    i looked at the thread, saw arya posted, i thought *locked* b:chuckle

still though, theres a reason for the uproar, if you lot are to blind to see why...quit the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    I agree. b:surrender

I try to help Frankie and probably have more options then any of you but it just won't calm down. For nearly a week now it hasn't stopped for even one day. If there isn't someone begging for a vacation the forumposts itself give us headaches. I went through 3 packages of painkillers in the last week alone. And my painbarrier is actually pretty high I have been told. b:surrender

We ask people to calm down and just get more flaming even though as you said it wasn't our choice in the first place. We are just the ones paying for it. b:sad

Are you saying you guys have no control of what's on sale?

So tell us what do you guys ACTUALLY doing there? so you cant mod game.. you cant control what's on sale, you cant do anything to the game. So what are you doing all day? Just read the form and lock things move things around?

I REALLY want to know wat mod/gm do at work, cant do this.. cant do that.. what DO you do
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Maybe they should pay attention to the constant flaming. Even if it isn't in the right way, your players are sending you a message. Heed it.

It's like that old saying, a King without his people is nothing (or something to the effect).
  • C/LLlE - Heavens Tear
    C/LLlE - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Maybe, in light of recent events, it would be best if the decision-makers were not insulated by GMs, CMs, and mods taking the abuse?

Not to propose they all quit: rather, I believe a number of threads should be printed out hardcopy and dumped on an exec's desk. "Here. YOU deal with your mess." It is, quite possibly, one of the few ways they'll actually feel the effects of their decisions.
    Wrap me in a bolt of lighting,
    Send me on my way still smiling;
    Maybe that's the way I should go,
    Right into the mouth of the unknown...
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Well, GMs don't do anything. That is why we're mad. You say they can't do anything, other than talk. They don't even do that. To top it off, the mods are horrible with how they move, merge, and lock topics.
  • kanel321
    kanel321 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    What is really the problem here ? if the posts are violating TOS they should be taken down . Otherwise its fair game . The whole point of having a forum is for the playerbase to voice its concerns to GM's who then can talk to the Dev's . If everything was going right there would not be the mass of angry posts that we see now. Posts should be mature, sure, but if you ignore the playerbase your going to create a mob . I have modded forums before , if the playerbase asks for responses and doesnt get them then you have problems. If the GM's went through every single one of those stickies and gave honest non 'company' answers to the issues the tone of these forums would change enitirely. The community feels liks its being ignored.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Are you saying you guys have no control of what's on sale?

So tell us what do you guys ACTUALLY doing there? so you cant mod game.. you cant control what's on sale, you cant do anything to the game. So what are you doing all day? Just read the form and lock things move things around?

I REALLY want to know wat mod/gm do at work, cant do this.. cant do that.. what DO you do

some do regular maintenance
    some finding bugs (not fixing)
    do some back ground work like debugger if not wrong
    turn on / off events (only if they told to do it)
    hearing what people say (hearing hundreds people complains must be pain full)
    put sales up (only if they told to do it)
    Ban & giving warning

GM not free to do whatever they want, mostly they log in to work. They just a staff of PWE company. They also human.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010

In theory this is all fine and dandy and I would agree. However you fail to take a few things into consideration... The development team is in China, they don't read our forums... the only indirect contact with them is through the GMs here, who only have indirect contact with them. That being noted, if there isn't a major uprising when things have hit the fan as bad as they have, being civil or quiet about them accomplishes nothing, sadly. It is the people who we must interact with to voice our great displeasure to in hopes that it will actually reach the eyes or ears of people who actually can do something about it.

If you are unhappy with something but do not voice your opinion, or only state it once, you're more likely to be brushed off or ignored. It is only when many people start making a big fuss about it when change is actually possible.

Apply that to real life because, the people we are dealing with are real and aren't withing speaking range and they will not necessarily see eye-to-eye with us without making some big ripples in a pond to be noticed.

I agree blaming GMs and Mods for what is happening is ridiculous, but the GMs and Mods are here for exactly the reason they are... for damage control and to relay strong sentiment.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    In my opinion, if the GMs want some respect from us, they should show us that they deserve it. Someone mentioned honesty. Be honest. That's a start. If we can't even trust the staff, who should we trust? Who can we trust? Throwing in a lot of hours and taking a lot of heat doesn't mean jack when you're not responsive, when you're not honest, and when you take actions to further enrage the community even more.

Once again, if they want us to stop raging, they need to stop making us rage.

As a first step, even if the TW pay was total bull, I wouldn't have put packs as a permanent addition right away. Saying you want to help the economy and then putting in packs is a slap in the face and a kick in the nuts. At least have the decency to let the issue calm down a bit before putting in the packs, so you don't look like a total ****.

Secondly, replies like "well, how well the UI looks is very subjective. I think it looks very nice" isn't helping when you have 30 pages of people saying they hate it.

It also really irks me when there's 3 discussion threads with over 30 pages in each, with no or minimal GM response, while you see the GMs moving and hiding threads displaying concern and expressing opinions about the game. We see you here. But you're not contributing.

Lastly, communication is a two-way road. Look at the discussion threads. 190 pages of discussion and there's only been what? 1 GM reply? And the one about the early GM response, the reply wasn't even relevant. We can't have a "discussion" if it's just one side giving opinions and suggestions, while the other side is either non-existent or apathetic. Be more active in the community, talk with us about things going on in the company, give us your personal thoughts, I don't know. I think this was where spoons excelled. He wasn't just some figurehead. Many saw him as a person, and he knew how to be sympathetic. When people raged at him, he tries to understand. Try to foster some communication - when you involve the people in decisions, or at least informing them about it, they are less likely to resist ideas, or at least be overtly outraged. Provide us with some interactional justice.

Be sympathetic, be understanding. Don't assume we're stupid idiots who just swallow up everything you spew, because it can come back and bite you in the ****.

PS. Providing patches that fixes more bugs than it creates would also be a good start to establishing legitimacy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    I really want to know for 8 hours a day, what do mod/gm actually do. LOL as they said in another topic that just got locked, "Only two of us to running the forum so a lot of work." For 8 hours just reading the forum is a lot of work?!?!

GM used to pop around in game, NO LONGER

GM used to host events, NO LONGER

I'm sure frankie you don't man the live support line, that's for some body else. I really want to know what you guys do everyday. Lets see... for 12 months, we had a total of 3 months not having packs, And with 2nd aniv only 2 weeks away, thats another 3 months of non stop ACTION pack opening.

Meh I just use pwi as a 3D chat system, I will not miss pwi when I leave, but i will miss a lot of friends I made here.

I was thinking of playing few other games by pwe, but as it stands here... no way, not a chance
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I think this needs to be cut into more easy to understand pieces:

-We know you have limited abilities in modifying the game, however we DO hold you responsible for any changes made. This is a game hosted by YOU after all.

-What we want is a little more TRANSPARENCY. Even though your intentions might not even be half as bad as some people suspect it to be, nothing is shared with us so we can only guess.

-Even a little ''Packs are coming back next maintenance, we don't really agree with this but the developers ordered us to.'' would make a huge difference. I can imagine you guys think saying such a thing would harm your reputation as a company, but then at least we know how you guys are looking at it (assuming you really disagree with it, but still), and as such can put more trust in you.

-I remember how Spoons kept his own blog about his daily life as a GM, hell he'd even post about his carpooling trip to work. That stuff is interesting to us, it changes a GM from a faceless drone to someone we might even want to know better, and you wouldn't just bash someone like that right?

I know this post might not the ultimate solution to all our problems, but I'm just throwing that out there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    This Dev/GM community is so ruined i don't know what to say anymore, i am just speechless

nothing gets fixed, nothing gets looked into

as Ega said, what the hell do you lot do for a normal 9-5 working day?

If you want people to cut you slack the damn well do your job otherwise you wont get any, i know for a fact that if i didn't sort my tasks out at work then id have a stack of complaints.

start proving you listen to us by fixing and doing what we would like to see done or deal with the hate you get
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    What else can people do than complain to the GMs/Mods?

I for sure cant write a letter and translate it to perfect Chinese, send it to Perfect World Beijing and hope it reaches the developers and hope even more than they actually read it and give a **** b:surrender.

I honestly dont think any of our complains or opinions reaches the real game developer or has any effect on how the game is changed anyway. I think the Company Perfect World have enough on their hands dealing with hundreds of thousands (maybe even millions lol) unhappy Chinese users.

We only have the GM/tickets system/Mods to beat up on when we are unhappy with how the game develops. I'm sure its just as frustrating for them as it is for us tho.
    edited August 2010
    -Even a little ''Packs are coming back next maintenance, we don't really agree with this but the developers ordered us to.'' would make a huge difference. I can imagine you guys think saying such a thing would harm your reputation as a company, but then at least we know how you guys are looking at it (assuming you really disagree with it, but still), and as such can put more trust in you.

Openly disagreeing with your company policy in public while you are at work is legitimate grounds for termination.
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Has ******** at the GMs worked before? No.

Is the current approach of ******** at the GMs making any progress towards what players want? No.

Will ******** at the GMs in the future do anything? Probably not.

Find a new approach guys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    Well, GMs don't do anything. That is why we're mad. You say they can't do anything, other than talk. They don't even do that.
    just because YOU dont see it doesnt mean it does not not exist.
    To top it off, the mods are horrible with how they move, merge, and lock topics.
    sometimes
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited August 2010
    Has ******** at the GMs worked before? No.

Is the current approach of ******** at the GMs making any progress towards what players want? No.

Perfect Horns?

Sorry, you've failed.

b:bye
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    the only time i ever saw stuff done or a majorly happy community was when EatWithSpoons was the GM here, since he left us; this game has gone down the toilet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Openly disagreeing with your company policy in public while you are at work is legitimate grounds for termination.

Yes now that you say it, that is true. But still, even if such a thing is not possible, just remaining silent and banning people here and there isn't going to solve much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    the only time i ever saw stuff done or a majorly happy community was when EatWithSpoons was the GM here, since he left us; this game has gone down the toilet
    maybe he got tired of all the QQing
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    or maby he got tired of ppl over using the word *QQing* b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *One week later*
  • Crystyl - Dreamweaver
    Crystyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    So you are saying THEY STICK THEIR HEADS OUT TO HELP..

help wat?!!? can you please show me a example of this taking place? Anyone got helped from the gm yet? Have they ever helped anyone? The answear is NO!!, they YET to start helping people, untill they start doing so, we will just QQ away.

"We will lower the price of gold" STILL WAITING

"We will sort DQ price out" STILL WAITING

"We will fix tw issue' STILL WAITING

"We will fix the graphic issue" STILL WAITING

"we will fix rubber band" STILL WATING

I find QQ away is actually a lot more fun compare to actual game play these days

Actually they never said any of this. Maybe in your mind but not in this reality. They have often said they will TRY to get things fixed by passing along complaints to those who might be able to fix things. They help where they can but GMs don't have the power you imagine they do. and..."Lower gold prices"????? the players who sell gold set those prices and no one can control them. (look around you!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Actually the Mayans predicted the end of Twinkies!
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Actually they never said any of this. Maybe in your mind but not in this reality. They have often said they will TRY to get things fixed by passing along complaints to those who might be able to fix things. They help where they can but GMs don't have the power you imagine they do. and..."Lower gold prices"????? the players who sell gold set those prices and no one can control them. (look around you!)

They don't have direct control over gold prices, but the sales that they do certainly influences the demand for boutique items, and in turn gold prices. It's exactly this type of hypocrisy that irritates me. Not so much that they put packs in, but after saying they're going to fight inflation "for the good of PWI", they do the exact opposite. And it's these types of things that have to stop if we're going to have a good GM-player relationship.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]