1585960616264»

Comments

• frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    volst wrote: »
    lolololol. Even that was a lie too.

You're right; the post has been fixed. Thanks.
  • X_Diogenes_x - Sanctuary
    X_Diogenes_x - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So are bids meant to be secret and the fact that they're being announced (but still anonymous) a bug? Or is this how it was intended to be all along?

Would like some clarification on this please so that we don't come to expect a fix for it if this is how it should be.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You're right; the post has been fixed. Thanks.

Kind of like how you guys fixed the post about the charm packs being added to the cash shop permanently?
  • SoraSubeta - Heavens Tear
    SoraSubeta - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    hmmmm.....i'm starting to like the TW changes o.o i know the rewards have dropped and no refunds buuuuuuuuut that means it gives u a reason to get off ur lazy bum and go grind or help some lower lvls with bhs or fbs :P its not that bad T.T stop QQing and live with it :D as for gold.....so? it may cost a bit more but o well o.o

as for higher lvls leaving....good :o its like pwi is just restarting

even if tws r like 10 minutes long since a huge fac like enrage pwns u....o well :) the fun of it is simply wasting ther time now :P i like this update more now cause i get to waste enrage's time and let them pwn me while all they get is 1 or 2 mirages for it XD i love this update <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It may take more than 1 of my kind to **** in a lightbulb, but it takes more than 10 to realize technology turns off during a blackout -_-

I HAVE A SNIPR RIFL THAT TASTES LIKE WAFLS. your jealous.
  • Perikita - Raging Tide
    Perikita - Raging Tide Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I dunno if this is just a coincidence, but ... To me, it seems that in addition to the changes the drop rates have been nerfed. Yesterday I spent some time grinding on nightscream island, for nearly nothing at all. Maybe it's just my bad luck, but it really feels as if PWE were twisting my arm to make me give them my money.

And something else... Everywhere else, bidding is not the same as gambling. In a "real" auction, only the highest bidder pays. The way you did it, it's just a scam. Why don't you take out the bidding process completely and start selling "TW packs" with a 0.1% chance to go to war?

Right now I am looking into other MMORPGs that do not try to scam me. There seem to be some where you buy a license that entitles you to play indefinitely, which would be totally acceptable for me. It also seems there are some promising games on the horizon, not yet released, but soon to come.

It will be hard for me to leave, mainly because I made some friends ingame, but also because of the money I already spent. However, I'm not going to trash more money for a dying game. I guess there IS a life after PWI. :)
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    even if tws r like 10 minutes long since a huge fac like enrage pwns u....o well :) the fun of it is simply wasting ther time now :P i like this update more now cause i get to waste enrage's time and let them pwn me while all they get is 1 or 2 mirages for it XD i love this update <3

The irony of it all...

You contribute to the problem, yet you are naive and so unaware of it all. Too many newbs like you bidding on enrage means it's harder for the better guilds to get an effective gank on enrage. As a result, TW is boring for just about everyone on the server.

I can only see these new changes doing more harm than good given the current state of TWs on the HT server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • SLain - Heavens Tear
    SLain - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    payment in mirages...its only been like 2 weeks since i left, what the heck is going on...looks like i missed a lot and now tw is gonna suck b:shocked...o well hopefully we'll still have land(The Empire) when i can get active again..mirages wtf lol
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

This higher level has bound all her gear and is going rpk'ing b:chuckle
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    hmmmm.....i'm starting to like the TW changes o.o i know the rewards have dropped and no refunds buuuuuuuuut that means it gives u a reason to get off ur lazy bum and go grind or help some lower lvls with bhs or fbs :P its not that bad T.T stop QQing and live with it :D as for gold.....so? it may cost a bit more but o well o.o

You are stupid. Many TWers are complaining about the refunds and the lack of motivation for people to bid on them. Furthermore they resent that the GMs pin the blame on them for the economy when it clearly isn't. Most TWers EASILY make their own money and TW pay is pocket change to them.

You want higher levels to leave? Say bye bye to the easy BHs in instances you never learned how to do properly, no more high levels to teach you how to do instances you never even seen but will have to do for your culti. And let's not forget high levels don't just quit, they like to go out with a bang, so I am sure a good many quitting people will go out and PK you low levels on the map, in cube, in DT, anywhere, until they have vented their frustration with the game. Then they will take their 200M coin to their char's graves, which I guess was the money sink the GMs were looking for.

This patch as been out for a week. Did you notice many people leaving Enrage? No! Enrage will roll your asses over and over again until none of you wimps even want to bid on us because heck why would want to when the reward is mirages. You are stupid because you can't seem to understand the lack of reward is helping Enrage secure their position as the number one asshats on the server. We laugh about the mirages too cuz now the people attacking us, even if they win, will only get mirages. Congrats noob.

And the game restarting? The game cannot restart. With all those end game gears flooding out of the packs you will NEVER enjoy the game like it was when it first came out. It was FUN. Fb29 would kick your **** and you would like it. But you'll never get to see those days, so I don't even know why I bothered saying it.

Oh yea, and 10 minute TWs for 150 mirages is not a waste of time. Do you not realize Enrage has a huge ego and we like to hog kill-counts? We pad our kill stats with your 10 minute TWs. Thanks for your deaths.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This patch as been out for a week. Did you notice many people leaving Enrage? No! Enrage will roll your asses over and over again until none of you wimps even want to bid on us because heck why would want to when the reward is mirages. You are stupid because you can't seem to understand the lack of reward is helping Enrage secure their position as the number one asshats on the server. We laugh about the mirages too cuz now the people attacking us, even if they win, will only get mirages. Congrats noob.

Oh yea, and 10 minute TWs for 150 mirages is not a waste of time. Do you not realize Enrage has a huge ego and we like to hog kill-counts? We pad our kill stats with your 10 minute TWs. Thanks for your deaths.

I have to agree with this. As arrogant as it sounds, it's pretty much the truth. So we don't get coin, but we still do get tons of mirages... what happens to them? They're NPC'd and pay is mailed out just like it was before, but not as much.

The 2nd strongest guild on the map is basically crumbling. Last 2 wars were 12-13 minute single pushes... against a faction we'd fought back to back 3 hour wars with many times in the past, and not all that long ago either.

We're still going to take the map. Of course we'll be able to control who gets Rank 9, not that there will be all that many people who can afford something so silly as it, but still, it'll be our choice who gets it in the end.

Spectral is falling apart, ThaClick is falling apart, I have no idea about Yakuza, but they're only holding space on the map until someone factor comes in and decides they want it.

In the end, TW is a lot less fun, a lot less competitive and there is no motivation from anyone to keep Essence from taking the entire map.

The running joke is that we'll start charging for guild tele. You want access to our lands to craft pots or guild tele? Pay us a fee and we'll let you. Hows that for making TW better for everyone?

Grats to PWI.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    In the end, TW is a lot less fun, a lot less competitive

Ofc it will not be competative. They made fundemental changes to the system without the main part that was needed to go hand in hand with those changes ... and that was a map reset.

They can talk all they like about how the new system will benifit smaller factions etc blah blah etc but we all now with the current state of the maps thats BS ( I wonder if they actually look at the TW maps ).

As others have said all this will do is benifit the bigger factions while leaving the small ones out to rot.

Note: I dont want a map reset. But if as the GM's claim competitiveness was one of the reasons for these changes then a reset was pretty much a no brainer to follow the system changes ..... but we all know what they tell us and the real purpose *cough * charge more zen * cough * are two differant things
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Ofc it will not be competative. They made fundemental changes to the system without the main part that was needed to go hand in hand with those changes ... and that was a map reset.

They can talk all they like about how the new system will benifit smaller factions etc blah blah etc but we all now with the current state of the maps thats BS ( I wonder if they actually look at the TW maps ).

As others have said all this will do is benifit the bigger factions while leaving the small ones out to rot.

Note: I dont want a map reset. But if as the GM's claim competitiveness was one of the reasons for these changes then a reset was pretty much a no brainer to follow the system changes ..... but we all know what they tell us and the real purpose *cough * charge more zen * cough * are two differant things

How many times have you heard someone say....

'I would do my quests if they made the rewards worthwhile' or something similar?

Right now, there's no reward that is worth it.

Map reset? Imagine how much that would **** people off... so many factions bidding for territories, secret bid, no refund... how many guilds would lose money week after week not even getting to see the inside of an instance? With the old bidding system, they would know where to move their bids to. With the new system, anyone who bids on a land is locked to it and if they don't win the bid they don't get to TW and don't get a refund.

Imagine the chaos of that happening.
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    SHHHH stop giving them ideas.....b:chuckle

Can you imagine lol:

"Next Patch : Complete Map Reset + Anni pack 2.0"

poor forums...b:laugh
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Map reset? Imagine how much that would **** people off... so many factions bidding for territories, secret bid, no refund... how many guilds would lose money week after week not even getting to see the inside of an instance? With the old bidding system, they would know where to move their bids to. With the new system, anyone who bids on a land is locked to it and if they don't win the bid they don't get to TW and don't get a refund.

Imagine the chaos of that happening.

Perfectly true and I agree. My post was really a long winded way of saying. What reasons the Gm's tell us these changes were made is pretty much smoke and mirrors and BS. If the reason that they use were real they would/should have gone a lot further.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Perfectly true and I agree. My post was really a long winded way of saying. What reasons the Gm's tell us these changes were made is pretty much smoke and mirrors and BS. If the reason that they use were real they would/should have gone a lot further.

Well, just like the changes to Nirvana, they should have actually given it some real thought and asked for some user feedback before actually changing anything.
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    WHOALA !!!

this has been proven, no matter how much u all try to comment on this thread.. and no matter how extreme yor post may sound so tat u get GMs attention...

nothing has changed b:laugh

u all wasting yor time b:bye
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well, just like the changes to Nirvana, they should have actually given it some real thought and asked for some user feedback before actually changing anything.

They did get user feedback. People posting on the fourms about finishing it in 10 minutes. That's all they needed to realize its too easy and it needs a boost in difficulty.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    They did get user feedback. People posting on the fourms about finishing it in 10 minutes. That's all they needed to realize its too easy and it needs a boost in difficulty.

Another user feedback => Packs make gold price skyrocket

Now how can this 5 word line turn into => TW Pay makes gold price skyrocket

GG feedback.
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I like the change to TW but what I DO NOT like is that they are clearly ignoring the simple fact that PACKS are the cause of the high gold prices. That should have been blatantly obvious the moment the first ones came out and gold hit over 400k overnight.

Roll back the entire game to before packs existed and NEVER ADD THEM. You'd be amazed at how much better the game would be. I don't care that I'd lose a year of playtime, I'd gladly accept that over these stupid packs.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    We're still going to take the map. Of course we'll be able to control who gets Rank 9, not that there will be all that many people who can afford something so silly as it, but still, it'll be our choice who gets it in the end.

They've virtually guaranteed that you'll take the map.

Before, if it got to the point where you were getting closer, I've always believed that people would step up and start attacking you. Spectral, ThaClicK, YaKuZa, maybe even Kamisama would grow tired of playing 2nd fiddle. Maybe we'd even have a new, currently unknown faction step up as a contender by that point. No doubt we can't handle you guys 1 on 1, but I'm fairly confident that in a well-coordinated triple attack, you would struggle to win 2 and possibly only win 1.

Now, who cares? Why would we want to drop 500k (or is it 1M now? I still haven't seen a firm confirmation or denial on the doubling of the minimum bid) plus charms, pots, towers, catapults, etc. to prevent you guys from getting 150 mirage stones? Seriously, if you want the map, go for it.

Plus, even if I could be convinced that it matters, they've made it much harder to execute that well-coordinated triple attack. We could pay our 500k (or 1M) only to find out that someone broke it up and you're fighting Spectral, SG1, and Dojos.

Enjoy. I really can't be bothered to care anymore.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    drjiggle wrote: »
    They've virtually guaranteed that you'll take the map.

Before, if it got to the point where you were getting closer, I've always believed that people would step up and start attacking you. Spectral, ThaClicK, YaKuZa, maybe even Kamisama would grow tired of playing 2nd fiddle. Maybe we'd even have a new, currently unknown faction step up as a contender by that point. No doubt we can't handle you guys 1 on 1, but I'm fairly confident that in a well-coordinated triple attack, you would struggle to win 2 and possibly only win 1.

Yeah and it's not something we actually want to be handed to us. We want fun and competitive wars. These changes just ruin the chances of that really happening. A lot less guild activity in Essence since the changes and losign some members, Spectral losing some members, ThaClick falling apart, Carebears looks like they'll be the next RPK guild of the hour and no real competition left. As much pride and arrogance we might have for owning a majority of the lands, we can only hope that Spectral picks it back up and gets their act together. Even a few key Kami members have come over or are considering it... our wishes were that there wouldn't ever be another super-faction like CQ because when that happens it sucks the fun out of the game. Sadly PWI is directly responsible for expediting this.

Now, who cares? Why would we want to drop 500k (or is it 1M now? I still haven't seen [a firm confirmation or denial on the doubling of the minimum bid) plus charms, pots, towers, catapults, etc. to prevent you guys from getting 150 mirage stones? Seriously, if you want the map, go for it.

Plus, even if I could be convinced that it matters, they've made it much harder to execute that well-coordinated triple attack. We could pay our 500k (or 1M) only to find out that someone broke it up and you're fighting Spectral, SG1, and Dojos.

I agree. Part of the fun of being in a top guild is having to defend those double and triple attacks. Not knowing what the outcome is and having good and fun TWs is what we strive for in game. Wtihout it, there isn't much of a reason to farm or refine or even care.

As much as some people on the outside might be laughing 'ha ha they don't get salary anymore' isn't what hurts, it's that TW is no longer going to be a primary goal of people who reach end-game and there won't be many factions working hard and preparing for more fun wars...

Another indicator of this... look at how many more people who were in game coming to participate on the forums... we loved the game and still want it to be good, and it's more fun and rewarding trolling, talking or just flaming about what's gone wrong than actually playing the game anymore.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Another indicator of this... look at how many more people who were in game coming to participate on the forums... we loved the game and still want it to be good, and it's more fun and rewarding trolling, talking or just flaming about what's gone wrong than actually playing the game anymore.

Sadly, this is true.

The game has just seemed to lose its spark tbh. I like to think that it is because the changes and such are still setting in but at the same time, things were dying down before the TW changes...things just accelerated at a MUCH more drastic speed and tbh was almost seemingly instant.

TBH, I know more who have been on alts and making alts and "hiding" since these changes. I think some are hoping that the game is still something they want to do or in all honesty, are just buying time until the next thing(s) come out (which many of us know are coming).

I have to admit, being a noob again and running all over the place is frustrating but something new and a nice change from the end-game life. So far, I am having fun on a few of my alts and even made a new one for fun.

We will see, but I cannot for-see the server getting "better" or back to how things were anytime soon...sadly...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    TBH, I know more who have been on alts and making alts and "hiding" since these changes. I think some are hoping that the game is still something they want to do or in all honesty, are just buying time until the next thing(s) come out (which many of us know are coming).

I've levelled 3 characters 20-30 in the last 3 or 4 days, including one brand new starting from level 1, plus I got an assassin to level 11. I'm not sure it has rejuvenated my interest, but it's more interesting than standing around by the AH waiting for a BH party to form.
    edited August 2010
    Options

I have to admit, being a noob again and running all over the place is frustrating but something new and a nice change from the end-game life. So far, I am having fun on a few of my alts and even made a new one for fun.

That hit home... I haven't spent any money in a long while, I won't be spending any more. All my resources have been going to my alt veno. I never used to take pride in purposely killing lowbies or any white name that came across my path. I've actually found it and the QQing that I get to be pretty entertaining.

There are so few people out there, I know my actions are discouraging them. I don't care anymore. the game is pretty much done.

I know that Forsaken World is coming out soon. I won't be going to it or any other PW game. If they can't even treat a dying game which was their bread and butter with respect, I don't think it's above them to do the same to another.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I've levelled 3 characters 20-30 in the last 3 or 4 days, including one brand new starting from level 1, plus I got an assassin to level 11. I'm not sure it has rejuvenated my interest, but it's more interesting than standing around by the AH waiting for a BH party to form.

Well, and like I said...some are hoping and or trying. For me I do not do any of the new BH's, hypers etc on any of my alts.

I do the quests and was online yesterday not once logging onto Rose here.
    That hit home... I haven't spent any money in a long while, I won't be spending any more. All my resources have been going to my alt veno. I never used to take pride in purposely killing lowbies or any white name that came across my path. I've actually found it and the QQing that I get to be pretty entertaining.

There are so few people out there, I know my actions are discouraging them. I don't care anymore. the game is pretty much done.

I know that Forsaken World is coming out soon. I won't be going to it or any other PW game. If they can't even treat a dying game which was their bread and butter with respect, I don't think it's above them to do the same to another.

Well...I was doing questing yesterday on alts, and although rather frustrating and such, it was fun. It did 100% take me back to when I first started playing and some of the frustrations of having few coins and running all over. On my higher level and well geared alts, I started going into the find quest log and even if WAY under the level that my alt(s) are, I go out there and complete the quest.

In terms of FW...beta will be interesting, but there is one in particular I am keeping my eye on and have been for months...Everyone is pushing to 2011 and it will be interesting to see how it all plays out for all companies hoping for that "next big thing."

Right now, imo, people are just buying time and the frustrations of recent events has left people without too many (decent) options, as a result, many stay and rant, rave...but in the end many of us are still here...How can you leave the people and the character many of us have spent almost 2 years building and trying to perfect?

It is the people...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No doubt we can't handle you guys 1 on 1, but I'm fairly confident that in a well-coordinated triple attack, you would struggle to win 2 and possibly only win 1.

Now, who cares? Why would we want to drop 500k (or is it 1M now? I still haven't seen a firm confirmation or denial on the doubling of the minimum bid) plus charms, pots, towers, catapults, etc. to prevent you guys from getting 150 mirage stones? Seriously, if you want the map, go for it.

This is pretty much the same situation as on HT server- the 2nd strongest guild cannot come close to beating the strongest in a 1v1 situation. And, like you, I think many people just don't care if enrage takes over the map anymore...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This is pretty much the same situation as on HT server- the 2nd strongest guild cannot come close to beating the strongest in a 1v1 situation. And, like you, I think many people just don't care if enrage takes over the map anymore...

Yep, this TW change certainly made all those lesser guilds want to compete giving them back some advantages over the powerhouse guilds just like it promised!

/SARCASM
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
This discussion has been closed.