[Discussion of Territory War Changes 8-5-10]

Options

Comments

• dragoondeth
    dragoondeth Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I dont have time to read all 180+ pages so Im just going to tell my thoughts about it. I quit the game a few months ago and decided to come back. After seeing this I was soooo happy they finally made it so all the TW addicts wont be as stupid. It is only a game not a life and from all the players who I met previously their stories are all "ZOMG I cant wait to go TW so I can get all the money in the world and be better than everyone else". Now all those big ego players can actually see how hard it is to play the game w/o their charms or refined equipments just like the rest of us non TW players. The game has other stuff than just TW...go make some friends, help out your faction with BH, FBs, TTs, or just go and PK someone cuz UMADBRO? over the changes and would beat your wife until they change it the way you like it.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Fact: Coral Packs have a much lower item drop rate than the other packs. Everyone already knows this. The same thing happened when they changed to Anniversary Packs to Lucky Coral packs, the price of gold went down because the return rate on getting Perfect Tokens of Best Luck is significantly lower.

Of course, you should know that, it's common knowledge.

Make me honestly wonder if the decision to put coral packs for sale was intentional. I'm sure the people in the marketting & analytical departments know that coral packs dont bring gold as high due to decreases demand from decreased reward probability. Think about it, what better way to fake causality then to say; "Look we have packs for sale & yet gold prices have decreased! We told you TW pay cuts would help the price of gold." And judging by the idiocy level of some posters, it seems like many would swallow it up and believe it.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Make me honestly wonder if the decision to put coral packs for sale was intentional. I'm sure the people in the marketting & analytical departments know that coral packs dont bring gold as high due to decreases demand from decreased reward probability. Think about it, what better way to fake causality then to say; "Look we have packs for sale & yet gold prices have decreased! We told you TW pay cuts would help the price of gold." And judging by the idiocy level of some posters, it seems like many would swallow it up and believe it.

Yeah that could be, however pack sales might have started to slump so they decide to change it out for something 'else' which will lure the new stupid hyper 'pay to level' people who never bought them to drop $50-$200 to 'try them out'. I think this is more the case than yours, because that would mean they're proactively thinking about damage repair and we all know they do little to nothing about that.

As for stupidity, look at the post above yours. ZOMG I quit teh game cause it was so horrible, but I came back and now that there is no TW pay the game is so much more amazing!!1! ... when it's just another idiot who has envious 'rub it in your face' syndrome. Like I even care what someone's opinion is when it's not based on any relevance to the history or facts or even intelligent speculation of the game or the direction it's taking.

Or onehotshot's 'packs are great cause everyone loves them and pwi makes a ton of money off them and because of TW pay being eliminated the game is huge success'... I mean really. I can appreciate a good troll, but some people can really dish out a cool story and actually believe it as truth. just... lol
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Krateiis - Heavens Tear
    Krateiis - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Wow 187 Pages and STILL nothing has been done but put new packs in ^^
    Made by Nowitsawn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No one needs blinders on to see the facts. Fact is, gold is dropping. For how long? I don't know. The economy as we've all talked about is unstable. But if them having 2 extra packs in the shop and then another pack again didn't make gold rise.. one has to assume one of two things.

No one needs blinders, but you're evidently wearing them anyway. Gold went up (by about 25-50k) last week after the changes to TW. Why? Because a new type of pack was introduced, plus marriage and other sales. Gold went down this week. Why? Because a new, crappy type of pack was introduced with only 2/3 the chance of something good (not tokens).
    Considering I still see top notch TW factions going to war

How have you seen that? TW bidding hasn't begun yet. Anyone that had a war last week did it thinking they were operating under the old rules which were changed out from underneath us with no warning. Wait until tomorrow. Then we'll know.
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    We understand that this is a drastic change to the Territory War system. However we believe that in time, things will shape up in PWI for the better. Something I'd like to mention since nobody has yet brought it up: There is one constant complaint that the economy is becoming inflated with coins. So much in fact that you can't purchase 1 Gold without paying 400-500K worth of coins. A big reason for this is that large powerful guilds have been sitting on their property and collecting a fat paycheck every week without doing anything. Since they are the ones that can afford the high priced Gold, the Gold being sold at 400K is still being bought, and prices remained.

With this source of income gone, we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will.

Have you guys had enough time to google up some bull**** answers to how removing TW pay was a better economic fix than removing 10m notes, or how your latest move of adding in packs is supposed to help "bring the economy back down to earth"?

Oh wait.

Sorry I forgot you guys have stopped reading this thread since page 1.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i have only been in a couple of TWs, and found them a lot of fun, mainly because my squads were to attack inanimate objects (i dont like PK for any reason), or was healing. but when i see that the money for bids is not to be returned, that is enough to forever keep me out of any guild that TWs. with the way that PWI is choking players to death, who dont buy gold from them directly, and who cant afford to buy it ingame because too many coinsinks have been created, well, i cant live with it. my characters live hand to mouth as it is, since the price of drops was slashed a while back. and with squads dissing hercless venos, i cant make money hiring out as even a DDer, etc

this game is going down the tubes ASAP.....please, ease up on us, cant you,PWI??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Pattoe - Raging Tide
    Pattoe - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i have only been in a couple of TWs, and found them a lot of fun, mainly because my squads were to attack inanimate objects (i dont like PK for any reason), or was healing. but when i see that the money for bids is not to be returned, that is enough to forever keep me out of any guild that TWs. with the way that PWI is choking players to death, who dont buy gold from them directly, and who cant afford to buy it ingame because too many coinsinks have been created, well, i cant live with it. my characters live hand to mouth as it is, since the price of drops was slashed a while back. and with squads dissing hercless venos, i cant make money hiring out as even a DDer, etc

this game is going down the tubes ASAP.....please, ease up on us, cant you,PWI??

Do the smart thing and leave the game, It will only get worse. the GMs here have no power to help us, PWE doesnt even listen to us, they cant even read english.
  • Remmi - Raging Tide
    Remmi - Raging Tide Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    maybe everyone should voice their opinions on the viability of this games management here : http://www.fool.com/investing/high-growth/2010/08/11/perfect-worlds-magic-formula.aspx

Seriously
  • Theo - Raging Tide
    Theo - Raging Tide Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Oh nice so you release Unlucky Oral and expect money from us even after all the bs you did? And not fixing the things you screwed up :/ yeah you really are gonna strike it rich w/ us jajajajajajaja
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pattoe - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Oh nice so you release Unlucky Oral and expect money from us even after all the bs you did? And not fixing the things you screwed up :/ yeah you really are gonna strike it rich w/ us jajajajajajaja

Wow, you guys lost Theo... You'll see a loss in profit from just losing this guy lol.
  • Reaperarm - Harshlands
    Reaperarm - Harshlands Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    PWRD had $210 million in revenues in 2008.I bet the numbers are not so nice for them this year.b:bye
    If you find yourself hopelessly pulled towards running into massive amounts of mobs in a vain attempt to aoe them all to death.......You just might be a bm.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i guess the main reason i havent is because, before everything went to hell, and my family and i could afford to, we put a lot of money into the game, back in the days when a good golem was appreciated as a veno's right hand pet. i hate to leave behind all that...and, i know most of you all think im stupid, i become emotionally attatched to something i spent so much time with. PW is a home to me, and i t would hurt to leave, very much. besides, where to go?

:-(
    Do the smart thing and leave the game, It will only get worse. the GMs here have no power to help us, PWE doesnt even listen to us, they cant even read english.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Filter circumvention is a banable offence - Ary
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Pattoe - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i guess the main reason i havent is because, before everything went to hell, and my family and i could afford to, we put a lot of money into the game, back in the days when a good golem was appreciated as a veno's right hand pet. i hate to leave behind all that...and, i know most of you all think im stupid, i become emotionally attatched to something i spent so much time with. PW is a home to me, and i t would hurt to leave, very much. besides, where to go?

I really dont think its silly that you've gotten emotionally attatched to the game and people on the game and it feels hard to leave it because you're emotionally attatched due to all the time you've spent on the game but... It will honestly get worse, uve seen it first hand gradually going down hill havent you? And there are plenty of other things to do with ur time :)

Once you've left the game, your rights to troll the forums and bytch have expired.

RedMenace

Jealous.
  • Reaperarm - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Watch this to see what the devs are doin to fix the current issues.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU_J8YzN4Co&feature=related
    If you find yourself hopelessly pulled towards running into massive amounts of mobs in a vain attempt to aoe them all to death.......You just might be a bm.
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm an independent contractor.

I arrive at a customers house to do some work. They give me a list of some carpentry work they need done around their house. I look at the list and say "sure, that's no problem" They go off to their job for the day and I start working.

I decide that, instead of the list they gave me, I'm going to paint their plain white house purple with pink polka-dots because I think they'll like it.

They arrive home later and are shocked to see the color of the new house. None of the carpentry work on the original list has been done, of course.

"We didn't ask you to paint the house!" Well, sure, but give it a few weeks, maybe you'll like it...

"What the? Did you do the carpentry work that we asked you to do?" No, I spent all day painting the house... xD

Do you think they're going to refer me to their neighbors that also need work done? Probably not. Think my reputation will somehow get better? Most likely not.

Point is, if I did this **** in real life, I'd be fired from the job instantly and have a lot of angry customers looking for a new contractor.
  • Pattoe - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm an independent contractor.

I arrive at a customers house to do some work. They give me a list of some carpentry work they need done around their house. I look at the list and say "sure, that's no problem" They go off to their job for the day and I start working.

I decide that, instead of the list they gave me, I'm going to paint their plain white house purple with pink polka-dots because I think they'll like it.

They arrive home later and are shocked to see the color of the new house. None of the carpentry work on the original list has been done, of course.

"We didn't ask you to paint the house!" Well, sure, but give it a few weeks, maybe you'll like it...

"What the? Did you do the carpentry work that we asked you to do?" No, I spent all day painting the house... xD

Do you think they're going to refer me to their neighbors that also need work done? Probably not. Think my reputation will somehow get better? Most likely not.

Point is, if I did this **** in real life, I'd be fired from the job instantly and have a lot of angry customers looking for a new contractor.

I would LOVE it if you did that to my house, it would be freaking hilarious. I'd give you a tip.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Most people hate the packs.
    You mean most old-timers who like to work 5 years on a piece of gear hate the packs, right?

There's a lot of people who hate packs, but most of your "most people" it's always the same bunch I see that post on forums who got to 100+ the "old fashioned way". But hey, you hate bh too, wouldn't be surprised if you said most people hate bh (when it's totally the opposite).
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You mean most old-timers who like to work 5 years on a piece of gear hate the packs, right?

There's a lot of people who hate packs, but most of your "most people" it's always the same bunch I see that post on forums who got to 100+ the "old fashioned way". But hey, you hate bh too, wouldn't be surprised if you said most people hate bh (when it's totally the opposite).

Game has only been around 2 years.

Packs were brought up in this thread only to demonstrate the effect they have on the economy. Highly relevant, as the reason for changes to TW system was supposedly to help the economy.

It's not the same bunch of people. You've never seen me here until patch 390.

BH is great only when everyone in squad has the same BH quests. Anyone else is just there to help. Unlike an FB (funny, they run in the same instances) where everyone in squad gets xp. JUST AN EXAMPLE AND JUST MY OPINION.
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

This would have been funny if it wasn't such an apt analogy. b:sad
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

I don't think the people in this thread would call you stupid for that. Most of us post here because we've become attached to it through the time, money, and heart we put into it. However, the way things are going, it's not looking too good for that old player base.
  • DoesntBite - Heavens Tear
    DoesntBite - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Since everyone is so upset with the new payment of mirage celestones for owning land, I would like to propose that there be a new payment process in which land owning guilds receive Celestone Fragments instead, so that they can spend their time standing in front of the NPC combining them instead of QQ'ing about only getting Mirages. This way they atleast have something to complain about since it takes forever to combine those bloody things.
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    In case anyone missed it, or they cover it up somehow.
    we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will.

-Kantorek
    Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reaperarm - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Asperitas you beat me to it i was about to post the same thing.b:victory
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    the apocalypse is upon us b:shocked
  • Reaperarm - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    PWE:We will be changing TW payout from coins to mirages.
    Players:But how can we afford charms and other things for TW now? Mirages won't cover the costs.b:sad PWE: O btw we will be adding plat charms and coral packs to the boutique indefinatly.
    Players:Ah.We see what you did.-.-
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    super wall of texts b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited August 2010
    Options
    1. The bidding process will no longer be announced; all bids will now be secret bids, and faction leaders will only be able to make a single bid each. The highest secret bid wins that faction the opportunity to attack the territory at the scheduled time.
    lolololol. Even that was a lie too.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

There's been thousands of pages on pack discussion, and a number of people mentioning them in this thread. Apparently you haven't read much. I have a word that describes your condition:

I'm fairly certain you share a specific genetic trait with Yulk.

scotoma [skɒˈtəʊmə]
    n pl -mas, -mata [-mətə]

(Psychology) Psychol a mental blind spot; inability to understand or perceive certain matters

[via Medieval Latin from Greek skotōma giddiness, from skotoun to make dark, from skotos darkness]

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/scotoma
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
This discussion has been closed.