An Early GM Response to the TW Changes

Comments

• Indiri - Archosaur
    Indiri - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I think all these recent changes are a conspiracy to drive the higher level players away.

I've noticed a lot of high level players posting in these threads with low post counts, to me, that's significant...

How does a high player level with a low post count (and I assume this means me too) mean much? I like to play the game, not troll forums, and so I haven't posted here because I was in game. However now, I haven't spent 30 minutes in game in 3 days so here I am because I want them to fix what they broke.

Anyway, as I pointed out in another post (thread? they are getting a bit mixed up now) it would be bad for them to drive us away and I don't think they would do it on purpose. We spend a lot more on charms/pots/res scrolls/everything else than a lowbie player does. I almost never had to buy pots for a character for regular play until at least lvl 30 and no charms till 40. They would be losing money to drive out high level players.
  • Lejont - Raging Tide
    Lejont - Raging Tide Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Well like I said in another thread..this may not be so bad as people think. It can drop gold prices because of the hugely less amount of coins coming in to the game each week, and it could also force uncharmed TW which would make it more realistic and dangerous and fun :D
    Also enable poor people like myself to actually get kills in there :(

oh ya cause the million of best lucks going around have nothing to do with gold prices
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Anyway, as I pointed out in another post (thread? they are getting a bit mixed up now) it would be bad for them to drive us away and I don't think they would do it on purpose. We spend a lot more on charms/pots/res scrolls/everything else than a lowbie player does. I almost never had to buy pots for a character for regular play until at least lvl 30 and no charms till 40. They would be losing money to drive out high level players.

They're trying to push out the free players or trying to twist their arms into charging money. The ones who merchant or farm for coin, mostly are the ones they want out. Eliminating them lowers the gold price because there are more cash shoppers per capita and it doesn't bother them one bit that to make that happen they need to decrease the size of the free player base. But by doing that, the game will attract less players who would become those hyper stone purchasing speed levelers. It's actually a downward spiral, but I don't think their marketing or accounting teams have really put 1+1 together yet. They're just focused on the bottom line, but it'll probably be too late until they realize that they've pissed off so many bad people just the reputation alone could sink them. They're now working at getting the 'sucker born every minute' types to play.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • nerdraging
    nerdraging Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I'm pretty sure the GMs can easily tell the people are complaining about this because of their intense greed. They always want more money than they use, well sorry, that's not how things work. You want everything for nothing, now you can't get it so you rampage.

Feel free to leave and have new players replace you.

Did you get unbanned after you promised to suck up to them in whatever they do?

You're the only one claiming players are greedy but instead those with common sense and eyes opened are seeing the opposite.
    b:angry<--NERD RAGE!!!
  • Remmi - Raging Tide
    Remmi - Raging Tide Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    They're trying to push out the free players or trying to twist their arms into charging money. The ones who merchant or farm for coin, mostly are the ones they want out. Eliminating them lowers the gold price because there are more cash shoppers per capita and it doesn't bother them one bit that to make that happen they need to decrease the size of the free player base. But by doing that, the game will attract less players who would become those hyper stone purchasing speed levelers. It's actually a downward spiral, but I don't think their marketing or accounting teams have really put 1+1 together yet. They're just focused on the bottom line, but it'll probably be too late until they realize that they've pissed off so many bad people just the reputation alone could sink them. They're now working at getting the 'sucker born every minute' types to play.

maybe everyone should voice their opinions on the viability of this games management here : http://www.fool.com/investing/high-growth/2010/08/11/perfect-worlds-magic-formula.aspx

Seriously
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    They are all just slaves to their bosses, we're screwed (Well, you guys are, Im not, Im off role playing games, I love them but I hate the people behind them.)

Well said. Everyone who thinks that GMs are greedy can quit the game. I don't know how often do I have to say this but I'll repeat it.

If you think that GMs have any power over the game except for the cash shop items and banning people, you are an idiot. They do what they are told to do. Someone in the "food chain" can be greedy, but don't say it's obvious either.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Pattoe - Raging Tide
    Pattoe - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Well said. Everyone who thinks that GMs are greedy can quit the game. I don't know how often do I have to say this but I'll repeat it.

If you think that GMs have any power over the game except for the cash shop items and banning people, you are an idiot. They do what they are told to do. Someone in the "food chain" can be greedy, but don't say it's obvious either.

The power they have over cash shop is extremely limited too, for example, if they tried removing packs they'd be fired on the spot.
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    How does a high player level with a low post count (and I assume this means me too) mean much? I like to play the game, not troll forums, and so I haven't posted here because I was in game. However now, I haven't spent 30 minutes in game in 3 days so here I am because I want them to fix what they broke.

A high level player with a low post count means one of two things:

1. They've posted a lot in the past but felt a reason to hide behind an alt.

2. They haven't posted much.

I fall into the #2 category. I've never felt strongly enough to come to the forums and voice my opinion. And I have no reason to hide behind an alt.

Maybe I wasn't clear, but I was referring specifically to the high levels on Lost City server. And yes it's pretty sad, I too have had more fun? flaming the forums than playing the game. At least it's encouraging to see how many people agree.

And regarding the second part of your quote, it doesn't really matter if the high levels are around, after all, the noobs sit around Arch showing off their fashion and charging zen for more packs, you don't need high levels for that. lol

As long as the perfect token duke shouts keep rolling by on the screen, all is well.
  • Smellfish - Heavens Tear
    Smellfish - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The official response is on page 1, and it states that it's far too early to tell whether the changes in this patch will make the game better or worse. The devs do not work all day to ruin the game, so I think this patch deserves a fair shake before we come to an accurate conclusion.

Well as a gm of this game its your job to tell the devs all there work is ruining the game... or give me there number ill call them and tell them to pull there heads out of there **** asses and put out some real patches. Its obvious the patch is a bust if everyone on the server is up in arms about it you gms are just in this tiny fantasy world believing that everything will be alright. well take my prior advice to the devs for urselfs. oh ya and circumvention of filter is a bannable offence mkay.
  • Theo - Raging Tide
    Theo - Raging Tide Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Well as a gm of this game its your job to tell the devs all there work is ruining the game... or give me there number ill call them and tell them to pull there heads out of there **** asses and put out some real patches. Its obvious the patch is a bust if everyone on the server is up in arms about it you gms are just in this tiny fantasy world believing that everything will be alright. well take my prior advice to the devs for urselfs. oh ya and circumvention of filter is a bannable offence mkay.

Just post the Number here Frank, and you will no longer be flamed by thousands of unhappy players. :) Let the Devs get the Flames they need to recieve jajaja
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lolumadsir
    lolumadsir Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The reason is this: The patch just came out, and some time really has to pass before any of us truly knows the effects of it.

I'm reading all of your concerns and I've thrown in some of my own opinions about the patch. Kantorek has done the same. I read you loud and clear; the TW pay has been decreased and you're worried about not being able to afford charms anymore. You feel like we're ruining a beautiful part of the game. I understand that; this is a pretty big change to the system, so it's normal that you're worried about it.

I love TW. It and the Gold Trade system are my two favorite parts about PWI; TW brings factions together for a hardcore, team-oriented endgame event. The Gold Trade system makes it so that no player is excluded from the Cash Shop, as long as they're willing to put time and effort into the game. These two systems are what differentiate PWI from every other F2P out there.

Let me just assure you that we do NOT want to ruin the TW system. From what I understand, these changes were implemented to combat problems that have plagued longer-running versions of PW -- those in Malaysia and China. I have to say that I do like the idea of taking what we know about those versions and using it to try to protect this version.

What I'm asking is that we give this system some time before condemning it for good. There has been a lot of speculation, and the majority of you are very much against it, and that's been noted, believe me.

But for now, this is the game, and these are the changes that have been made to it. We will be closely monitoring what happens with TW over this next month, and Konari, Aryanna, and myself will be on these boards to hear you out during the process.

Cool story bro..pwi will end like PW malaysia b:shutup

-waiting for the first server merges- b:shutup
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The official response is on page 1, and it states that it's far too early to tell whether the changes in this patch will make the game better or worse. The devs do not work all day to ruin the game, so I think this patch deserves a fair shake before we come to an accurate conclusion.

Yeah, best to wait till the damage is done and PW has milked us like a big fat cash cow.

"No no, lets wait a couple months to reattach your severed arm before we know if having 1 arm is better or worse. "
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Potman - Raging Tide
    Potman - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Any update from the developers/management on this? It would be great to actually hear from the developers/management, and hear how they make decisions for pw-int.

To me it doesnt make sense changing one region's game due to issues that are not effecting it. No offense GM's but if you're only going to give weak reasons and semi official statements not endorsed by the management/developers, it creates more frustration with the players.

Sure it's great saying "Early GM response" but all it said was "the patch is staying.". That's not really confronting the issue, that's just telling everyone to deal with it. And so people do, by writing on this post/forum. Do you see what I mean?

Whenever I look at a new game to play, I always check the forums. Because if there's some problems with the game you usually find it on the forums.

And gotta say when you have a 190+ page post of complaints, thats not good. It's really poor.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    192 pages of epicness has been locked. Time to move on guys.

Which means that we have to post to this thread now. b:chuckle
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Gaijen - Sanctuary
    Gaijen - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people are like Slinkies. They aren't really good for anything, but you can't help but smile when you see one falling down stairs. b:chuckle

Helpdesk: Double click on "My Computer"
    User: I can't see your computer.
    Helpdesk: No, double click on "My Computer" on your computer.
    User: Huh?
    Helpdesk: There is an icon on your computer labeled "My Computer". Double click on it.
    User: What's your computer doing on mine?
  • Chasee - Archosaur
    Chasee - Archosaur Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    When Dev-ils and G-rand M-orons are gonna finish this drama :D?
  • SoIar - Dreamweaver
    SoIar - Dreamweaver Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    When Dev-ils and G-rand M-orons are gonna finish this drama :D?

XD lol thats nice
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I cant believe they locked the 192 page thread & de-stickied it. That way it falls to the abyss and gets ignored.

GM: "What 1900+ response thread despising the changes? I dont see any 190 page thread of people thinking its horrible, everything must be fine!"

Seriously that move only proved what everyone said would happen, funnelling all responses into 1 simple & easy to ignore thread.
  • XmasBunny_ - Archosaur
    XmasBunny_ - Archosaur Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    frankie, honestly:

i like the idea of decreased tw payment cause a charm isn't that hard to get and non-charmed tws look interesting, but refunding? it doesn't seem to me that no refunding and blind bidding will help small factions (i understand the "security" argument though).

ppl said prices would drop but till now i haven't seen a thing (and god i so wish gold will go back to 100k-200k! DX). i can wait a month, i really can BUT when u take out the packs, gold goes down in a matter of hours so if u want gold prices to go down, pls make packs more rare, like once in 2 months? everytime packs r gone, new packs come after a few days... pls give us at least 2 or 3 weeks without packs! XD
  • Chasee - Archosaur
    Chasee - Archosaur Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    don't worry i'll put http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=817142&page=192 in my signature to not forget that
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    As if there wasn't enough proof already they never planned to fix anything and just hoped it would glaze over eventually.
  • ValFera - Heavens Tear
    ValFera - Heavens Tear Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2010

WOW pretty lame Frankie trying to hide a 192 page forum topic so that it don't look bad on you all.

Well here it is for those that don't want to forget

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=817142&page=192

Leader - Hikari LVL3 PVE Faction {Heavens Tear}

Hikari is the Light.
    RESPECT is part of the Light so when you show others respect you show them the light.
    TRUTH is part of the Light, so if you find deception put light on it for all to see.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited August 2010

WOW pretty lame Frankie trying to hide a 192 page forum topic so that it don't look bad on you all.

Well here it is for those that don't want to forget

frankie did nothing wrong there. It said to continue the discussion here.
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    frankie did nothing wrong there. It said to continue the discussion here.

Would also say that having 2 official threads relating to the same issue isn't the best. Makes sense to only have the one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XmasBunny_ - Archosaur
    XmasBunny_ - Archosaur Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    don't worry i'll put http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...17142&page=192 in my signature to not forget that

hon it doesn't work :s... at least on my computer -.-'
  • Elayne - Lost City
    Elayne - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Okay, now that I have seen how your "Silent Bidding" works I would like to say if this was changed to combat fake bidding whoever thought of it is dumber than a bowl of jello.

1) It announces on world chat the fact that "a faction" has bid.
    2) Each faction only gets 1 bid per week.
    3) All it takes is someone else to bid over you for a higher amount. Rather than requiring the fake bidder to try and guess where you bid and if they want to fake bid force them to bid on ALL of their lands. You simply allow them to know what land you bid on and counter it with 1 fake bidding faction. After which there will be NOTHING your faction can do to secure its bid again.

Furthermore, I will say again the TW income is not causing your gold price to inflate. It is the PACKS and the best lucky tokens that come out of them. They are injecting millions upon millions of coins into the economy everyday for nothing. The TW income is not doing this, people spend most of what they earn in TW income.

Your patch is a lie, the reasons are garbage and meant to fool those who don't know any better. Stop treating the PWI community like the afore mentioned bowl of jello. Revert the changes to TW and stop breaking your game. I for one have seen enough to know this patch will not accomplish what you're saying it is supposed to accomplish.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    hon it doesn't work :s... at least on my computer -.-'

• Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Okay, now that I have seen how your "Silent Bidding" works I would like to say if this was changed to combat fake bidding whoever thought of it is dumber than a bowl of jello.

1) It announces on world chat the fact that "a faction" has bid.
    2) Each faction only gets 1 bid per week.
    3) All it takes is someone else to bid over you for a higher amount. Rather than requiring the fake bidder to try and guess where you bid and if they want to fake bid force them to bid on ALL of their lands. You simply allow them to know what land you bid on and counter it with 1 fake bidding faction. After which there will be NOTHING your faction can do to secure its bid again.

Furthermore, I will say again the TW income is not causing your gold price to inflate. It is the PACKS and the best lucky tokens that come out of them. They are injecting millions upon millions of coins into the economy everyday for nothing. The TW income is not doing this, people spend most of what they earn in TW income.

Your patch is a lie, the reasons are garbage and meant to fool those who don't know any better. Stop treating the PWI community like the afore mentioned bowl of jello. Revert the changes to TW and stop breaking your game. I for one have seen enough to know this patch will not accomplish what you're saying it is supposed to accomplish.

I agree 100% and as this will probably be my last post on the forum before the banhammer. I hope that the mod watching this thread looks at the join date of some of the people posting and then look at their post count. If your patch is causing players who have not previously felt the need to voice their opinion, you should probably start listening.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    I agree 100% and as this will probably be my last post on the forum before the banhammer. I hope that the mod watching this thread looks at the join date of some of the people posting and then look at their post count. If your patch is causing players who have not previously felt the need to voice their opinion, you should probably start listening.

You will be missed :(

And I got like 150-ish posts since the TW update, I am such a spammer >_<
  • Takumeme - Dreamweaver
    Takumeme - Dreamweaver Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Secondly, to answer your question about removing the banknote, we actually did forward this suggestion to the devs, but they did not want to implement this change at this time.
    About the TW changes, we're listening to your concerns and compiling a list of the most constructive criticisms so that they can be forwarded to China as well. However, as I've said before, we're taking a wait and see approach to these particular changes so that we can really get a good idea of how they are affecting the game.

So...yeah
    b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.