[Discussion about the new UI]

Options

Comments

• Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver
    Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    What I don't get is.....why just spring this on us and then have pages and pages of QQ and feedback to read through?

PWE must have test servers that they run and test this stuff on before implementing it....wouldn't it make more sense to preview it via screenshots off the test servers and ask for constructive feedback before just doing it as a surprise?
  • Ezaziel - Raging Tide
    Ezaziel - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The chat size/font is okay. Not good, but okay. The linking is awesome. But dear god, the tags are ugly and distracting. Please, at least make the tags optional. Make it something like "option for the colorblind" or something, because that's the only thing I can think of that would make the tags useful. It surely can't be that hard?
    The fonts of the hp/mp bars are ugly. And the genie window is absolutely atrocious; you have no excuses. There is absolutely no way you tested this or that glaring mistake would be obvious.

Chat tags. Optional. Yes?
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I like it don't like the flashing encyclopedia.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

That's been like that for a while. Its not from this patch, but I agree that's annoying. I know its there already, I don't need it to show me every time I log on.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • X_Diogenes_x - Sanctuary
    X_Diogenes_x - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    What I don't get is.....why just spring this on us and then have pages and pages of QQ and feedback to read through?

PWE must have test servers that they run and test this stuff on before implementing it....wouldn't it make more sense to preview it via screenshots off the test servers and ask for constructive feedback before just doing it as a surprise?

A game I used to play has a test server that players can also download and use. They can play on it regularly if they wish but it's pretty much deserted. Point being they test patches extensively on this server, encouraging players to visit and report any bugs they find before the patch is made available for the regular servers. Doing something like this here would be so much easier in general, and bugs reported from the test server wouldn't carry the emotion that these threads are because the patch wouldn't yet be affecting everyone's gameplay.

Oh well xD
  • dragonubis
    dragonubis Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    everything look's nice but sense the update archosaur it is my first server whne i log in i chose my char and click star have to wait (never hapen before until now) the a window open and stars counting to 30 when (never hapen before until now) when it reaches 30 another window open and says "disconected from serve please log in again and i log in agin and the same proces hapen i had to go to a diferent server and it worked perfectly whats going on i will like to be answer thanks.
  • dragonubis
    dragonubis Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\cd files\progam setups\perfect world\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\screenshots\2010-08-07 13-05-37.bmp
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Dude, you got 2 clients open. b:chuckle
    BAN BAN BAN!

but anyway, i dont see anything wrong with the new changes. dosent bother me b:surrender
    i noticed the chat icons prevent the worldchatters from tricking people with their different color world chats
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Scathatch - Harshlands
    Scathatch - Harshlands Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    We get it...its your job to support the game but be honest you know its sucks man stand up and tell them before this game is distroyed.

you said it. Also y the fucck would u fix something that was working PERFECTLY in the beginning? With each new patch you just make the game worse and worse...personally I quit the game when the new patch came out, the game is only going downhill, and there are many better MMO's out there...
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Oh I'm not saying your opinions are insignificant. I acknowledge there's people out there who like it. But take a look around you. Even you can't deny that most of the people here don't like it. Keyword is most. I could quote everybody that stated they don't like it to make my point, but I think you get it.

Thus, wouldn't it make more sense to cater patches and content towards what the majority want, and not what a handful minority desire, at the expense of the majority?

Quoted to point out the next two quotes...you keep saying that we (as a majority) don't like it.. but more and more ppl.. are Liking it!
    I actually kinda like it. :|
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Quoted to point out the next two quotes...you keep saying that we (as a majority) don't like it.. but more and more ppl.. are Liking it!

I think more people are getting used to it. I have. I still liked the older system better. I wish I could remove the bubbles and return the names to be the same color as the chat text.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I think more people are getting used to it. I have. I still liked the older system better. I wish I could remove the bubbles and return the names to be the same color as the chat text.

The colors they changed I think would be more of a gripe than anything. It kind of freaks me out when I am standing somewhere and ppl are dueling and it comes up with the system message for it. I don't remember what color it used to be, but its different now.

The more ppl get used to it, the less people will be upset about it. Change is difficult sometimes, I should know I have OCD and ADD coupled with Mild Tourettes syndrome!

I don't even remember now though what the old font looked like, but I liked it all to start with; and I'm not a fan of change. I am however; an older woman in my 30's and the font change somehow made it easier for me to see some things!

I think they will tweak it more, as long as input is given that isn't filled with malice and a bunch of curse words they will try to figure out what we think needs changed. I hope :)
  • BarbHammer - Heavens Tear
    BarbHammer - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

If I may,

You quoted two people that said they liked it, now how about the quotes from the people that absolutely hate it? Or are you just looking on one side and not the other?
    I do as the Romans do, I wash my hands of thee.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If I may,

You quoted two people that said they liked it, now how about the quotes from the people that absolutely hate it? Or are you just looking on one side and not the other?

I've quoted many others who like it... but everyone seems pro hate I gotta post for the other side!

The % of people from the game who come here to say how much they like something is slim and none. People come here for one of 3 reasons:

1. complain (lots do this and its why its number 1)
    2. troll (lots do this and enjoy it, they live for it)
    3. to find out information

That being said, respectively the number of complainers will always be higher than the number of people who "like" something.

My point more than anything is that there are many people who like it. Several have posted in this thread and other places in other threads. People will adjust, get used to it and it will not be an issue. Other than the things they messed up that need fixed like the genie thing!
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    People will adjust, get used to it and it will not be an issue. Other than the things they messed up that need fixed like the genie thing!

Not getting used to it...more like giving up trying to get them to revert it back. Just like packs, it's here to stay so there's really nothing else you can do but live with it.
  • Daikataro - Dreamweaver
    Daikataro - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Dynasty is a guild with a lot of people and a lot of opinions, i have yet to find a guildie who likes the new UI

I do TT a lot for coins, and when we're killing bosses i like to talk to the squad, i have yet to find a squad member who likes the new UI

I like to chat with random people from time to time, i have yet to find a random who likes the new UI

Probably it's just Dreamweaver the only server who doesn't like it?
    Originally Posted by frankieraye: To say that would be a lie, because in regards to the DQ problem, it's something that we're honestly still working on, and something that we believe we can fix.

(8)Don't stop! believing! hold onto that feeling!(8)
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Not getting used to it...more like giving up trying to get them to revert it back. Just like packs, it's here to stay so there's really nothing else you can do but live with it.

People got used to the fact that instead of once every few months them releasing fashion, they do it at least once or 3 times a month. They got used to the fact that DQ reward was in the cash shop. They got used to the fact that packs were here to stay. (many even purchased stock in PWI banking on the fact they'd stay) People got used to there being a new race. They got used to the chest of coins, the fact that duke rose and bikinis was no longer unbuyable in cash shop. They have got used to a lot of things... they will get used to this.

This is nothing in comparison with some of the other ways that players feel they've been given the virtual finger. Trust me, ppl will adapt to the chat change.
  • BarbHammer - Heavens Tear
    BarbHammer - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I've quoted many others who like it... but everyone seems pro hate I gotta post for the other side!

The % of people from the game who come here to say how much they like something is slim and none. People come here for one of 3 reasons:

1. complain (lots do this and its why its number 1)
    2. troll (lots do this and enjoy it, they live for it)
    3. to find out information

That being said, respectively the number of complainers will always be higher than the number of people who "like" something.

My point more than anything is that there are many people who like it. Several have posted in this thread and other places in other threads. People will adjust, get used to it and it will not be an issue. Other than the things they messed up that need fixed like the genie thing!

I see where you are going now, thanks for the clarification. b:thanks
    I do as the Romans do, I wash my hands of thee.
  • teethewicked
    teethewicked Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I personally don't have an issue with the chat itself; I play at the 1280x something resolution(I can't remember the second number at the moment) as it is the highest resolution the ingame options gives me. And with the font turned down and bolded under UI settings, I really don't notice much a difference except for the tags at the beginning now. Which, I suppose they could be shortened, but honestly, they are completely cosmetic and there is no real point in complaining about them, unless one is complaining just for the sake of having something to complain about. Which, sadly, is what the forums are majorly used for. Nowadays, people need to have something to complain about, and I can't figure out why. Rather than complain about the overlapping interface issue that cannot be changed and needs to be fixed, people focus on something that is not even a problem, like the tags.

I like the new chat as much as the old one, no more, no less. But I will agree, the overlapping, protrusions and other ACTUAL PROBLEMS with the new interface, need to be dealt with and fixed promptly.
    Of course, then you have people whining "Oh, what about all of us who play in lower resolutions and want to use window mode to do other things online?"
    The answer to that is CHOICE. You CHOOSE to play at a lower resolution, you CHOOSE to window mode. And the same way, you can CHOOSE to set a higher resolution. Personally, I can't bear lower resolutions, because everything is too cramped for me(Even with the old UI) This brings me to my point. If you CHOOSE to play at a lower resolution, then complaints become invalid.
    But, this will most likely not be understood by any; people on these forums seem to have issues with using the word "Never" and obsessing over negative thoughts and whining about how everything isn't absolutely perfect. The time spent complaining about how ugly and annoying the new chat is IN YOUR OPINION, should instead be spent complaining about the issue with the genie and overlaps/protrusions, about the DQ price ****, and about how bad PWI is managed. Or even better, we should be speaking out about why PWI needs the horribly inept, corrupt and downright douchy chinese devs in the first place. Plenty other online games get their own devs for international/other versions, why can't PWI?

Bottom line is, new interface is just fine for the most part. But the bugs need to be ironed out, and honestly, this should have indeed been tested thoroughly beforehand to prevent those bugs from causing this ruckus.
    Don't be jealous of my boogie.
    Trainer%20Card.jpg
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    [Forum] Aelric: Well we aren't going to get a response until Monday at the earliest seeing as GMs, mods, and the whole PWE company is off on weekends. (Obviously its waaayy too difficult to log on to the forums on the weekends just for kicks and giggles < i just said kicks and giggles hehe funsies!)

bee-tee-dubs this post has intentionally been edited to portray the horrid UI changes

[Forum] Mraochan: Hey guys, it's Monday now =3 Can't wait to see what (if anything) happens...
  • ShadesGlory - Heavens Tear
    ShadesGlory - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Nothing will happen, they want these items implemented, they want us all to spend lots and lots of money on the game, they don't care what we say as long as the cash keeps rolling in, so people need to stop spending in order for PW to wake up and start listening to the players
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I personally don't have an issue with the chat itself; I play at the 1280x something resolution(I can't remember the second number at the moment) as it is the highest resolution the ingame options gives me. And with the font turned down and bolded under UI settings, I really don't notice much a difference except for the tags at the beginning now. Which, I suppose they could be shortened, but honestly, they are completely cosmetic and there is no real point in complaining about them, unless one is complaining just for the sake of having something to complain about. Which, sadly, is what the forums are majorly used for. Nowadays, people need to have something to complain about, and I can't figure out why. Rather than complain about the overlapping interface issue that cannot be changed and needs to be fixed, people focus on something that is not even a problem, like the tags.

I like the new chat as much as the old one, no more, no less. But I will agree, the overlapping, protrusions and other ACTUAL PROBLEMS with the new interface, need to be dealt with and fixed promptly.
    Of course, then you have people whining "Oh, what about all of us who play in lower resolutions and want to use window mode to do other things online?"
    The answer to that is CHOICE. You CHOOSE to play at a lower resolution, you CHOOSE to window mode. And the same way, you can CHOOSE to set a higher resolution. Personally, I can't bear lower resolutions, because everything is too cramped for me(Even with the old UI) This brings me to my point. If you CHOOSE to play at a lower resolution, then complaints become invalid.
    But, this will most likely not be understood by any; people on these forums seem to have issues with using the word "Never" and obsessing over negative thoughts and whining about how everything isn't absolutely perfect. The time spent complaining about how ugly and annoying the new chat is IN YOUR OPINION, should instead be spent complaining about the issue with the genie and overlaps/protrusions, about the DQ price ****, and about how bad PWI is managed. Or even better, we should be speaking out about why PWI needs the horribly inept, corrupt and downright douchy chinese devs in the first place. Plenty other online games get their own devs for international/other versions, why can't PWI?

Bottom line is, new interface is just fine for the most part. But the bugs need to be ironed out, and honestly, this should have indeed been tested thoroughly beforehand to prevent those bugs from causing this ruckus.

I agree with you on all the things you said need to be fixed. I think there's something you're not getting though - for ME and ALOT of others, IT ACTUALLY GIVES US A HEADACHE LOOKING AT IT. I'm not joking. It's painful. I also wear glasses and play on a 26'' monitor higher than 1280x resolution. For me, it's terrible. For you it's not. I'm jealous, seriously.

Along those lines, a question for you: When the old UI was around, were you aware of any single person that complained about it? None of the 110 people in my (lvl3, never going to TW now) guild did! None of my friends in my always-full friends list did!

And on a sidenote, I'm not one to look for things to complain about. I despise those people. I've played for over a year and a half and never posted ANYTHING in the forums until this last update.

To each his/her own, just my 2 cents... ^^
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Nothing will happen, they want these items implemented, they want us all to spend lots and lots of money on the game, they don't care what we say as long as the cash keeps rolling in, so people need to stop spending in order for PW to wake up and start listening to the players

Try it in this format... b:chuckle

[Forum]
    Mraochan: You're damn right I'm not spending any more money on this game! I'm binding all my gear and going on an rpk spree!!
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

You couldn't be more wrong here. This change will do no harm on CN version since mirages are worth almost as much as the coin you got previously. It will only help that version since the mirages aren't NPC'd creating a good coin sink but no coin flood.

It just doesn't work here as it should.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This place is full of 10 year old morons. I swear. b:shutup
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • nerdraging
    nerdraging Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This place is full of 10 year old morons including myself. I swear. b:shutup

[FORUM]Michael_Dark : With that remark above I have obviously included myself as a 10 year old moron.
    [TROLL] nerdraging : MORON! b:bye
    b:angry<--NERD RAGE!!!
  • KillerMcD - Heavens Tear
    KillerMcD - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I also think the Item linking is a very nice addition to the game.

The changes to the chat were in my opinion not needed. Chat worked and looked fine before the changes, why fix something if it's not broken? The font size changes on genies and friends list need to be fixed asap. Looks horrible. The tags in chat are a complete waste of space and make things harder to read and follow.
    Out of all the things I have lost over the years, I miss my mind the most.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The Escape button no longer clears whatever outgoing text you have in the box.

I will continue to complain about this until it's fixed.

Or until I get bored. Whichever comes first. ;[
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    Vorhs - Lost City Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You couldn't be more wrong here. This change will do no harm on CN version since mirages are worth almost as much as the coin you got previously. It will only help that version since the mirages aren't NPC'd creating a good coin sink but no coin flood.

It just doesn't work here as it should.

lol 150 mirages = 10 mils?
    150 mirages are 1,5 mils, like 1/7 of what it was before (if npced)
    and around 3 mils if sold to players.
    If you happy wanna be, against the wind you won't have to pee.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lol 150 mirages = 10 mils?
    150 mirages are 1,5 mils, like 1/7 of what it was before (if npced)
    and around 3 mils if sold to players.

the person you responded to was mentioning that 150 mirages was 10 mil on another version of the game, not our version. This is why this worked out well for other versions. But noted that it was not working for this version.
This discussion has been closed.