[Discussion about the new UI]

Comments

• frozenstar
    frozenstar Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Nothing will happen, they want these items implemented, they want us all to spend lots and lots of money on the game, they don't care what we say as long as the cash keeps rolling in, so people need to stop spending in order for PW to wake up and start listening to the players

I have a better idea.
    STOP PLAYING THE GAME.
    This way you won't have anything to complain about and the rest of us won't have to see your complaining and attempts to make everyone do something to try to get GM's attention

On a side note. I wasn't too happy about the chat box changes. It was unneeded and now the chat is crowded because of the labels. The linking feature is awesome though.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    the person you responded to was mentioning that 150 mirages was 10 mil on another version of the game, not our version. This is why this worked out well for other versions. But noted that it was not working for this version.

This is incorrect; mirages actually sell for about 6k each on PW-CN.
  • Maradus - Sanctuary
    Maradus - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    somehow the larger text for hp/mp/exp is growing on me. Makes it a little easier to watch my hp during a fight. Everything else is **** though as far as text goes.
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010

I find it hard to believe that people would rather merchant mirages for 6K each when they NPC for 10K each.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010

NPC price, sell price or both?
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I find it hard to believe that people would rather merchant mirages for 6K each when they NPC for 10K each.

[Forum] Lenore: Dun dun dun, future update = nerf NPC price of mirages.
  • dragonubis
    dragonubis Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Nothing will happen, they want these items implemented, they want us all to spend lots and lots of money on the game, they don't care what we say as long as the cash keeps rolling in, so people need to stop spending in order for PW to wake up and start listening to the players

yea i totally agred if peapole start seing stuff and go on strike (no one playing) hi have to fix the game so come on peapole lets go on strikeb:angry
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Honestly Frankie do you EVEN PLAY THE GAME, if the npc price is 10k WHY IN THE HELL WOULD SOMEONE SELL THEM FOR 6K THAT MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Honestly Frankie do you EVEN PLAY THE GAME, if the npc price is 10k WHY IN THE HELL WOULD SOMEONE SELL THEM FOR 6K THAT MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL

I'm guessing NPC prices in that version is different by reading what he said.. That NPC price there is 6k. Not that people are selling them for that instead of 10k. And in that case, that would mean we're better off on this version getting Mirages for TW because we would make more coin than that version would. Basically saying again whoever said we get a raw deal of it compared to other servers or something.. I forget. But making note that we do actually get a better deal simply because Mirages can be sold for more in PWI. Anyway, that's how I understood it. May be wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I'm guessing NPC prices in that version is different by reading what he said.. That NPC price there is 6k. Not that people are selling them for that instead of 10k. And in that case, that would mean we're better off on this version getting Mirages for TW because we would make more coin than that version would. Basically saying again whoever said we get a raw deal of it compared to other servers or something.. I forget. But making note that we do actually get a better deal simply because Mirages can be sold for more in PWI. Anyway, that's how I understood it. May be wrong.

He said they sell for about 6K, which to me sounds like merchanting. NPCs don't pay approximately 10K for them in this version, they pay precisely 10K for them. The only way that would make sense is if they NPC'd for 5K in that version, which I have never heard of, but could be true.
  • frankieraye
    edited August 2010

Yeah, you're right; that was my mistake, I worked out the numbers incorrectly. The point I was trying to make, though, was correct-- Mirages aren't worth vastly more in China than they are here. They sell for about the same from player to player.

NPC prices are identical between the two versions as well.
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    edited August 2010

NPC prices are identical between the two versions as well.

Good to know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Now that I'm used to the new UI, I'm not so annoyed or upset about it anymore, with the exception of the genie screens...Those really need to be put back in order, lol.

The buttons stating who's talking in what channel...are maybe a bit obnoxious to me, but what they could potentially mean for the future worries me more... --> Wasn't one of the many complaints about Perfect Horns that people were using green, blue, pink, etc to make it look like they were talking in your squad/faction/whispers? Well, with these buttons, there won't be anymore confusion...So I'm worried that PWI is getting ready to bring the Horns back...
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, you're right; that was my mistake, I worked out the numbers incorrectly.

Nuuuuuu You has doomed us all~!
    b:shocked
    ____you_have_doomed_us_all_____by_Alaicks.jpg
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cheshiremouse
    cheshiremouse Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    *New font causes headaches, especially in users with glasses: *checks glasses* Nope, I'm fine.
    *Channel tags cause unreadable clutter: Not really. I can read the chat just fine; I don't even notice the channel tags.
    *Screen is hideously cluttered: Not a problem, as I don't like to keep six windows open at all times while I'm trying to play.
    *Font is hideous, disgusting, and distracting: After playing for about half an hour, I don't even notice it anymore.

About the font size: Yeah, honestly, it is too big. The genie panel is all-around fail and needs to be fixed. Tooltips were comfortable as they were previously; they could stand to be sized back down again, although I wouldn't call them nightmarishly large. The character panel seems uncomfortably stretched. Finally, scaling down the font size in channel/progress bars and target panel would be nice, or at least un-bolding them.

About the channel tags: Shrinking them to abbreviations, or giving an option to turn them off entirely, wouldn't go amiss. But this is hardly the most dire issue ever to arise.

About the mysterious Resize UI option: Hey, if this is going to put the text back to its original size, sweet.

About the item linking: Awesome. Really awesome.
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    ...So I'm worried that PWI is getting ready to bring the Horns back...

Without a way to keep them OUT of squad or faction chat, IE a filter they damn well better not. I will bloody well fly to Cali and slap someone if they pull that ****.
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Without a way to keep them OUT of squad or faction chat, IE a filter they damn well better not. I will bloody well fly to Cali and slap someone if they pull that ****.

Unfortunately, I think that was the idea. To make it a chat that absolutely everyone would see, no matter what. Good idea in thought, but really bad in reality considering the people out there who just want to spam and be stupid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Then it needs its own window, where I can minimize and ignore it. Spend one day on any server and you'll see enough asshats wasting teles on stupid drama and garbage - if I turn on main channel, that's fine, but I do not want that **** in my squad, faction, or whisper, and I can't imagine anyone else does either.

And Frankie if you're reading this, a quote for posterity.
  • ValFera - Heavens Tear
    ValFera - Heavens Tear Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The Escape button no longer clears whatever outgoing text you have in the box.

I will continue to complain about this until it's fixed.

Or until I get bored. Whichever comes first. ;[

Worked for me all day yesterday dude so i don't know what might be the problem.

But on another note don't know if anyone has noticed this but the shift-click to so items does not work if you have max inventory and in side by side mode only in scroll mode.

And the top bar on cat shops is too long from the rest of the window to the left.

PLEASE fix the genie bars kind of annoying that they don' show unless full

Leader - Hikari LVL3 PVE Faction {Heavens Tear}

Hikari is the Light.
    RESPECT is part of the Light so when you show others respect you show them the light.
    TRUTH is part of the Light, so if you find deception put light on it for all to see.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    edited August 2010
    Then it needs its own window, where I can minimize and ignore it. Spend one day on any server and you'll see enough asshats wasting teles on stupid drama and garbage - if I turn on main channel, that's fine, but I do not want that **** in my squad, faction, or whisper, and I can't imagine anyone else does either.

And Frankie if you're reading this, a quote for posterity.

I read you loud and clear.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010

And good thing that it's not even hard to prevent the chaos from horns.

Anyway, I'm hoping to see some changes on the next patch. Or at least on the patch right before I come back from my trip to another MMO called Real Life.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    another MMO called Real Life.

Have any reviews on that?
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Whenever games change their fonts it's always bad.

Fonts = Suck, and so do the pointless tags. It's kind of like what happened to the launcher...it had small sleek fonts matched the PW theme, then all of a sudden I thought I turned sixty and had 80/80 glasses on. tt25.gif

Item Linking = Awesome, I've been waiting for that to be put in like in ESO.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Have any reviews on that?

Well, I found this.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    [Forum] Lenore: Dun dun dun, future update = nerf NPC price of mirages.

Seriously this worries me too. We get every price change China gets, only a couple months later. If mirages are 6k in china now, they'll be 6k here soon. Way to even furth the TW reward nerf PWI b:victory (<- sarcastic bear)
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Well, I found this.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh that reminds me of a thread on an image board that its site has a 4 leaf clover as its favicon... not gonna post it here since Ill probably get banned as it contains some "graphic content" in it...
  • frankieraye
    edited August 2010
    Seriously this worries me too. We get every price change China gets, only a couple months later. If mirages are 6k in china now, they'll be 6k here soon. Way to even furth the TW reward nerf PWI b:victory (<- sarcastic bear)

Mirages don't vendor for 6k in china, they vendor for 10k. I just used the wrong numbers in my informal calculation, doing 1,500,000 / 300 instead of 1,500,000 / 150.
  • DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    And good thing that it's not even hard to prevent the chaos from horns.

Anyway, I'm hoping to see some changes on the next patch. Or at least on the patch right before I come back from my trip to another MMO called Real Life.

but but if i get one shoted or rammed by a car irl i cannot ask someone for a rez b:surrender -hides in front of the monitor-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The Escape button no longer clears whatever outgoing text you have in the box.

I will continue to complain about this until it's fixed.

Or until I get bored. Whichever comes first. ;[

I never knew this feature existed to begin with. I always just backspaced. My guess after almost 2 years of playing if I didn't know it, a lot of others didn't either.

I was quoting someone else... don't shoot meh!
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    I never knew this feature existed to begin with. I always just backspaced. My guess after almost 2 years of playing if I didn't know it, a lot of others didn't either.

I used "escape-clear" a lot, so it was kind of a surprise when it stopped working. But to be honest, I like it better this way. I speak to friends in whisper a lot of the time, and it's nice not clearing their name out of the chatbox when I hit escape - which more often than not, I do to return to WASD movement or spacebar (upward flight). Double-edged sword, but I like this side of it better.

Phew. b:surrender I'm sorry if that came off more... threatening than I intended, but of all the issues PWI's had since I started playing, having other player's BS forcibly interjected into my chat was by far the most rage-inducing experience. I've no wish to see it repeated.
This discussion has been closed.