Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    This UI is ****
    And you know it too
  • teethewicked
    teethewicked Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    How does it fail? Modern fashions should never have been introduced in to this game to begin with. Same sex marriage has NOT been included because it is recent abomination on our culture here in the west. Last I heard it is also illegal in most countries of the world. Why would it be included ?

I didn't say that I don't agree with you on that. And actually, homosexuality is widely accepted in the U.S. and Australia, as well as parts of Europe. But that is besides the point. Though I personally am **** in real life, I don't want same-sex marriages ingame because of the sexism that will ensue as a result of female characters being able to embrace and marry ingame, and because I personally don't see the point of getting married in a virtual game. Then again, I spend most of my time playing an MMO called Real Life, and I have a steady long-term relationship in that MMO, so perhaps the concept is not the same in my eyes.

Back on topic, the point I was making is that using the argument "Modern-looking UI doesn't belong cuz the game is not based in modern times" is a fail argument because Modern-looking fashions are already in the game. Your argument is valid, but pointless in restrospect.

Also, are these huge annoying posts really necessary? They are not going to affect whether or not the UI changed back, and the higher-ups are not going to give a flying rat's **** about the size or color of everyone's posts. In fact they are completely pointless. The new UI doesn't hurt my eyes or give me headaches, but all of these huge colored posts do.
    Don't be jealous of my boogie.
    Trainer%20Card.jpg
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Just like to point out Real Life is not online and therefore cannot be called an "MMO" or "MMORPG" b:chuckle
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    just Like To Point Out Real Life Is Not Online And Therefore Cannot Be Called An "mmo" Or "mmorpg" B:chuckle

Mmrlrpg?--
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Just like to point out Real Life is not online and therefore cannot be called an "MMO" or "MMORPG" b:chuckle

Its online if you're lurking the forums. b:cute

Btw, I thought I'd let you know there's a spelling mistake in your siggy. :3 Or more just the wrong word.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
    edited August 2010
    Options
    What's the mistake? b:cry

edit - I see it now
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    What's the mistake? b:cry

edit - I see it now

b:cute All better now. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
    edited August 2010
    Options
    hehe b:kiss
  • _Mango - Archosaur
    _Mango - Archosaur Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This new UI makes me want to punch a baby I get so frustrated with it! When did Perfect World International become beta tester central! We don't work for you, get it right before you implement it morons!
  • _Mango - Archosaur
    _Mango - Archosaur Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It's true, no one really complained about the old UI, but not all changes are fixes, some are just improvements. I believe the UI change was meant as an improvement, and while it does need a little more work to make everything fit nicely, I really think it does make the game look more sleek and modern.

So could you explain why the font became a totally different font and why that is classified as an improvement? On top of this frankieraye.. I find it a bit offensive that you retain the perspective that we want to be testers of UI.. this stuff is what should be done on the back end, not after deployment. I don't see why the developers can't manage this. I didn't start playing this game to have to after every patch come to you guys on the forums and explain something else wrong to you, again we are not game testers.

Spend all that money that you all have on going to conventions on fixing the issues and creating a strong platform for the game to operate on.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So could you explain why the font became a totally different font and why that is classified as an improvement? On top of this frankieraye.. I find it a bit offensive that you retain the perspective that we want to be testers of UI.. this stuff is what should be done on the back end, not after deployment. I don't see why the developers can't manage this. I didn't start playing this game to have to after every patch come to you guys on the forums and explain something else wrong to you, again we are not game testers.

Spend all that money that you all have on going to conventions on fixing the issues and creating a strong platform for the game to operate on.

agreed.

/10
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Kimmber - Lost City
    Kimmber - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ok Frankie if you could please pass this along to the development team it would be very helpful and I think other may agree with me.

I know there is a trade channel in PWI but it seems that about 2% use this and it is only for the local area in which you are in. It seems the other 98% post WTS in world chat and with all the different colors it is just plain annoying now to point I miss most of what is going on because I have that chat turned off! In the other MMORPG that I play if you are selling something or WTB it is placed in the trade channel automatically. I think the trade channel should be a World Trade Channel and not just local area.... I think it would clean up a lot of the confusion in the World Chat and it would not be so busy looking with 900 different colors every few sec.

and yes the boxes on the chat need to go away or become an option that you can turn on and off depending on if you want them or not... I feel the font should be the same way because some do get bad headaches from it and are quitting so I hope that something is done about the UI in the next patch hopefully tonight...... hint hint!
  • Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    Noskrad - Heavens Tear Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Everything about the UI update is GREAT! ty for the hard work PWI, but there's only a lil think which looks really bad: the UI font size, many of the texts goes out of their place's bounds!, I'd like U to fix that plz, make it back to the old font size would be cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination. X3
  • Bunny_Spank - Harshlands
    Bunny_Spank - Harshlands Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Item linking great (except when getting spammed by it).

The icons should be optional by chat type. Like personally, I might turn on squad chat icon so it stands out amongst world chats and faction chat and such. Other times I might just want to be in squad chat and the icon is unnecessary.

I like most of the font changes. The old font was tough to read at times when you used a high resolution. The new font is cleaner (though a bit too big).

Why not make most of these changes optional? People get used to the UI and don't want major changes. If it was optional we could turn on new functionality and customize it to taste... Definitely less QQ that way.

Also, haven't read the whole thread but genie bars aren't working right. They don't "fill up" anymore, you have to read the number to see how close you are to full. Once full it seems to change colors to full.
  • Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    Noskrad - Heavens Tear Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Also, haven't read the whole thread but genie bars aren't working right. They don't "fill up" anymore, you have to read the number to see how close you are to full. Once full it seems to change colors to full.

True, it happens to me too from the last update.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination. X3
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'll be positive for a change.

I also appreciate that the Ping and FPS information comes up if I hover over the system settings button. I consider that a positive cchange.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Item linking I admit is great. It doesn't get old when people try to stick their [The Penetrator] or [Tri-Colored Balls] into your [Thundercrack].
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Item linking I admit is great. It doesn't get old when people try to stick their [The Penetrator] or [Tri-Colored Balls] into your [Thundercrack].

I lol'd

10charfiller.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    zomfgchat.gifEuphy: Please change the font back and I wouldn't mind the removal of chat-tags or whatever they're called! This isn't new UI. Its a font uglification!

annoying2.gifDeveloper: But Euphy you love our game, you've spent so much here! You wont leave no matter what we do.

zomfgchat.gifEuphy: You wana bet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Indiri - Archosaur
    Indiri - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So here is what I *think* they were trying to fix:

- The names in a consistent color (instead of chat color) takes away impersonation possibilities
    - The different font appears to make some distinction between l and i for the same reason
    - The button is because if the name is in that yellowish color and someone uses an emoticon you can't tell what chat they meant to say it in now so they had to differentiate it in some way, hence the ugly box

And my general feelings about it after a week-ish:

The consistent color for names will take some getting used to as it's harder to filter by chat type at a quick glance. Sigh...

I still have a hard time telling where the emoticon was because those buttons were so painful to look at that I removed the bold and have already started to filter/ignore them.

It's nice that I can reduce the font size on the chat but what about everywhere else? Please put the font size back to normal until you have finished resizing everything else. (And seriously, did NO ONE test this at all? It's pretty obvious that nothing fit the screens... FAIL)

It's a nice idea to prevent the impersonation, really it is and we appreciate that. BUT, could we make it less garish, a little more consistent, and just generally less visually painful? Please?

And, wouldn't it have been simpler to just have a little unobtrusive icon (a small one like a circle or something but definitely SMALL) at the beginning of each chat line to say it's a new statement? This would remove the ugly big box and the need for different color names to stop impersonation. Then when someone pushes to a new line and types a name it's obvious it carried over but at the same time doesn't make our eyes bleed.

And really the font style is fine if we can just make the control change the font size everywhere instead of just in chat (like on the friend and quest list, etc).
  • Indiri - Archosaur
    Indiri - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Oh yeah, shift click, forgot that one. Mostly very cool but a little buggy... So many things you can't shift click but I noticed the other day that I can't (on my other account) shift click an item that other people can. My TT90 weapon. Is that because that character isn't high enough level to equip it yet (almost, but not yet)? If so that seems a little strange and i do hope it gets fixed. I can do it with other items so I know it works, just not on the TT90 weapon. But another member of my faction was able to do their same weapon, no problem...
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Oh yeah, shift click, forgot that one. Mostly very cool but a little buggy... So many things you can't shift click but I noticed the other day that I can't (on my other account) shift click an item that other people can. My TT90 weapon. Is that because that character isn't high enough level to equip it yet (almost, but not yet)? If so that seems a little strange and i do hope it gets fixed. I can do it with other items so I know it works, just not on the TT90 weapon. But another member of my faction was able to do their same weapon, no problem...

zomfgchatsmall2.gifLenore: I can shift click magic weapons as an archer, so I don't think that is the problem.
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I just have one question in regard to the UI font size/menu breakage.

This barb one was a custom job (just hopped on the test server and created it), but yeah, i do have a few screenies I could possibly share in that forum..
    ...hopped on the test server...

Q: Do you people actually USE that thing?
    And by "you" I mean any GM or PWE-based dev responsible for implementation and localization.
    Seriously, how the hell do you miss all this ****?
    *(with apologies to Frankie, this was just the first post I could remember explicitly mentioning a test server.)
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    zomfgchat.gifEuphy: Well I still love the picture of the Barbarian in Dragon Rise robes.
    Nonetheless, fix the font! Fix the font! UI makes me cry b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    zomfgchatsmall2.gifLenore: Aww, Nowitsawn's thread got moved to lower depths :<
    edited August 2010
    Options
    zomfgchatsmall2.gifLenore: Aww, Nowitsawn's thread got moved to lower depths :<

Yeah but the images aren't going anywhere b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Forum.pngKephras: Too late. The damage is done.
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    zomfgchat.gifEuphy: Seriously, taste your own medicine PWi! I'm sorry only the nice GMs will see them. But maybe they can show the Devs for us! We don't like this UI!

- Item Linking is cool.
    - Checking your connection is cool.
    - FONT IS NOT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    zomfgchatsmall2.gifNahktuul: This is win
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
    edited August 2010
    Options
    zomfgchatsmall2.gifNahktuul: This is win

Why thank you b:chuckle

(also moved the icons to a single folder *points at signature*)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.