[Discussion of Territory War Changes 8-5-10]

Comments

• Miss_cube - Dreamweaver
    Miss_cube - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    This is so omg... 150 mirages (as TW pay) for a land? And a mirage can be sell only for 15k? I dun think it can covers any TW repairs and the charms used b:surrender

Imagine 80 ppl in a faction joins the TW, so most of the members will only get 1 mirage or maybe sum get 2? Cant believe it XD

It simply kills the fun of TWing b:cry
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    is there a problem with that?

the servers have been flooded with coin from nien event and from best luck tokens we need a good coin sink to balance it out. i see this as a good thing they just need to lay off the packs for a few months and then we will see the ecconomy return to some sembalance of normal.

Nope, no objections there. In fact I wondered what kind of device the higher ones would pull up to get rid of accumulated coins.
    And I must say it is quite interesting. I'll look forward to what happens.

And since I don't go for TW, I have no reason to QQ around.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Squirrel - Harshlands
    Squirrel - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    PWI going down after every stupid update ? what you guys want from us ? want all ppl to quit this game ? from where you going to get money when all ppl quit ? stupid PWI go go do more bad things to game

p.s. ohhhh and change back font style this huge font is VEEEEEEEEEERY STUPID
  • Rawthorne - Heavens Tear
    Rawthorne - Heavens Tear Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It's a valid point, but still, 500M+ coins going into the server every week as TW payouts surely had an effect on the economy, don't you agree?

If you make statements like that and follow that logic...wouldn't you agree the HUNDREDS of perfect tokens nonstop being introduced for 5 million a pop affects the economy MORE then the 500kk in tw pay each week? As it stands now what is the "reward" for owning land w/ these changes? 1. Free port once an hr 2. Can use officers to refine etc. 3. 4/6? lands have some specific apothecary items that can be manufactured ONLY there. Hardly worthwhile to bust ure ****/gear up for that now isn't it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Squirrel - Harshlands
    Squirrel - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    WTS 5 mirages 300k each pm me in game
  • mekkan90
    mekkan90 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    This is getting stupid, we might as well leave the facebook pwi team and put the devs in their place, we can only get alittle bit of controll through facebook, since they have to advertise
  • MasterPerian - Lost City
    MasterPerian - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    There really is almost nothing to do at 100+.
    Dw if i +12 im sure the lowbies will wanna come back for more tw over and over!

there was nothign to do at 100 but nirvana, if i +12 ..... no salary to pay for damages i guess we go rpk the hell outta people :o
    What can you expect from filthy little heathens? Their whole disgusting race is like a curse. Their skin's a hellish red they're only good when dead they're vermin, as I said and worse. They're Savages! Savages! Barely even human. Savages! Savages! Drive them from our shore! They're not like you and me
    which means they must be evil we must sound the drums of war! They're Savages! Savages! Dirty redskin devils! Now we sound the drums of war!
  • Lirie - Harshlands
    Lirie - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Kill the fun or kill the greed? b:surrender we know most of the powerful guilds members are cshoppers... mmm u still can afford it i think
  • Laylor - Heavens Tear
    Laylor - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I don't know if I buy that line.

The heavy cash shoppers were buying all the packs yesterday and for the last year according to your scenario, yet suddenly gold is jumping. I would think it's based on something more than just packs.

you probably started game not long time ago.
    Before packs (anni), gold was like 100-150k, and was not rising.
    Was fun till it lasted.
    see ya guys
  • Vyxxee - Sanctuary
    Vyxxee - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    ohhhh and change back font style this huge font is VEEEEEEEEEERY STUPID

So is not knowing how to use a slider.
  • Sherae - Lost City
    Sherae - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    there was nothign to do at 100 but nirvana, if i +12 ..... no salary to pay for damages i guess we go rpk the hell outta people :o

lol did u see all the rpk after the maint
    Lost City FTW
  • shigekame
    shigekame Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I read about 29 Pages of this **** till it reached 80 pages.

I am from a TW faction in Sanctuary, i just started and i totally love it, but you know what? Doing TW isnt cheap.

Yes i read ALL of the QQers about how TW is just for greedy ppl and their cashopping wuhu yada yada, how they say "go farm/tt/nirvana/whatever" but guess what? i dont have the time you might have to spend all your freaking day in spaming an instance in killing mobs or in what ever you do to make money in order to pay for TW wich will happen the next week and the next and the next and the next... yay for PWE and their nerfing our game.

Everyone complains about it, how they say you should farm and what ever, but flash news, being in a TW faction with 1 or 2 lands is different to BIG TW factions that have to defend 15 lands or more and actually GET RAP.ED while doing it. Yeah try going on triple defences charmless with +4/+5 gear and those who come at you to take your land got charms, nirvana gear and everything +12.

This implement is bc China version is effed up, guess what? We are not the china version, we give you quite enough money for quality, wich isnt even there bc we have had the same bugs for months, and now we apparently have to give you even MORE money to spend in a game that for us high lvls will be no fun anymore.

Dont get me wrong i will continue doing TW, but as far as im concerned im not spending 1 more dime in the game not even if there comes the anni pack with her **** kids 3 times and they have even more babies and pollute the whole PWI.

TW was never meant to do money, so just you know we waste more of our coin trying to defend or to attack, we will never make enough money out of TW for us to spend in our gears, just like you we actually farm nirvana, bust our asses work on TT or any other instance you wanna call in order to get gear that is for TW and then the mirages (oh wait no more to worry on that end) to refine it and then the Dorbs to refine it even more to even stand a chance to those that can actually spend 100 dlls every day and get their awesome gear withouth having to work too much for it.

TW is the main reason many lvls 100+ still stay in game, more than half of them have alts, more than half of them spend their time on an alt working it up till there is time for bidding going back to their big faction and waiting to see "what we attack or defend this week"

The way you have implemented the new things for TW is just going to make lvls 100+ either rage quit, slowly quit or simply not spending any more money in charms/items/gold overall

whats the point of it really? 150 mirages!! yay!! oh oh wait you have to divide that in between uh... 80+ members that went to that TW and in case we got replacements in those TW there goes like 20+ ppl more and then whats left of the faction the other 100 ppl ohh we dong have enough mirages to give them back the millions they just spend in charms/pots/hpmpfood/and what so ever.

PWE dev if you are trying to make us stop playing you are on the right tracks, i see you dont value the money in your pockets anymore, money that btw we have spent in an online game that will give me nothing material back and that i can stop playing at any minute.

Just saying, you like your job? Hear the client. You like to be able to spend money on your food/clothes/family/or w/e? Make a change. It has been said over 10 times in this thread, dont "fix" something that isnt broken, watch out for your economy you might like updating your curriculum vitae in order to be able to work in another company that will probably not hire you bc of how you let this game perish.

For the other games: fear the anni packs and their evil spreading, they suck up the worlds vital signs and make the devs even more of a golddigger
    edited August 2010
    lol did u see all the rpk after the maint

yeah i want to jump in but kami says no were not rpk. my new question is "What do I play this game for to AFK in Arch all day?"
    What can you expect from filthy little heathens? Their whole disgusting race is like a curse. Their skin's a hellish red they're only good when dead they're vermin, as I said and worse. They're Savages! Savages! Barely even human. Savages! Savages! Drive them from our shore! They're not like you and me
    which means they must be evil we must sound the drums of war! They're Savages! Savages! Dirty redskin devils! Now we sound the drums of war!
  • Hitotsuki - Sanctuary
    Hitotsuki - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    shigekame wrote: »
    I read about 29 Pages of this **** till it reached 80 pages.

I am from a TW faction in Sanctuary, i just started and i totally love it, but you know what? Doing TW isnt cheap.

Yes i read ALL of the QQers about how TW is just for greedy ppl and their cashopping wuhu yada yada, how they say "go farm/tt/nirvana/whatever" but guess what? i dont have the time you might have to spend all your freaking day in spaming an instance in killing mobs or in what ever you do to make money in order to pay for TW wich will happen the next week and the next and the next and the next... yay for PWE and their nerfing our game.

Everyone complains about it, how they say you should farm and what ever, but flash news, being in a TW faction with 1 or 2 lands is different to BIG TW factions that have to defend 15 lands or more and actually GET RAP.ED while doing it. Yeah try going on triple defences charmless with +4/+5 gear and those who come at you to take your land got charms, nirvana gear and everything +12.

This implement is bc China version is effed up, guess what? We are not the china version, we give you quite enough money for quality, wich isnt even there bc we have had the same bugs for months, and now we apparently have to give you even MORE money to spend in a game that for us high lvls will be no fun anymore.

Dont get me wrong i will continue doing TW, but as far as im concerned im not spending 1 more dime in the game not even if there comes the anni pack with her **** kids 3 times and they have even more babies and pollute the whole PWI.

TW was never meant to do money, so just you know we waste more of our coin trying to defend or to attack, we will never make enough money out of TW for us to spend in our gears, just like you we actually farm nirvana, bust our asses work on TT or any other instance you wanna call in order to get gear that is for TW and then the mirages (oh wait no more to worry on that end) to refine it and then the Dorbs to refine it even more to even stand a chance to those that can actually spend 100 dlls every day and get their awesome gear withouth having to work too much for it.

TW is the main reason many lvls 100+ still stay in game, more than half of them have alts, more than half of them spend their time on an alt working it up till there is time for bidding going back to their big faction and waiting to see "what we attack or defend this week"

The way you have implemented the new things for TW is just going to make lvls 100+ either rage quit, slowly quit or simply not spending any more money in charms/items/gold overall

whats the point of it really? 150 mirages!! yay!! oh oh wait you have to divide that in between uh... 80+ members that went to that TW and in case we got replacements in those TW there goes like 20+ ppl more and then whats left of the faction the other 100 ppl ohh we dong have enough mirages to give them back the millions they just spend in charms/pots/hpmpfood/and what so ever.

PWE dev if you are trying to make us stop playing you are on the right tracks, i see you dont value the money in your pockets anymore, money that btw we have spent in an online game that will give me nothing material back and that i can stop playing at any minute.

Just saying, you like your job? Hear the client. You like to be able to spend money on your food/clothes/family/or w/e? Make a change. It has been said over 10 times in this thread, dont "fix" something that isnt broken, watch out for your economy you might like updating your curriculum vitae in order to be able to work in another company that will probably not hire you bc of how you let this game perish.

For the other games: fear the anni packs and their evil spreading, they suck up the worlds vital signs and make the devs even more of a golddigger

agreed to this post..and all other same posts.. >.< there are lots of them dont wanna quote them all
  • Chovan - Harshlands
    Chovan - Harshlands Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It's a valid point, but still, 500M+ coins going into the server every week as TW payouts surely had an effect on the economy, don't you agree?

This maybe so but you've cut it from being a profit to not even making costs even.

Towers 100k each
    cata scrolls and rez scrolls more coin
    charms - more coins
    repairs - more coins

For what, 150 mirages which currently brings 1.8m on HL??

If you wanted to cut it how about a sensible cut not chop it off completely, 5m reward would have been more sensible cut, not lose more than 100% prize. Now there's NO REWARD for TW, well done.

Whoever thought this was a good idea must be the same person who designs the male fashion.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I don't know if I buy that line.

The heavy cash shoppers were buying all the packs yesterday and for the last year according to your scenario, yet suddenly gold is jumping. I would think it's based on something more than just packs.

Aren't forums here to learn from? Maybe you should get out then since you're the all-knowing-brain.

Oh right, I forgot, the forum is here to bawl your eyes out in..

Forums are here to learn from, so learn this:

The first time packs came out, gold JUMPED to 600k

The only reason gold ISN'T that high with the latest pack sales is because everybody is working out that the redressed anniversary packs have crappier drop rates and because packs aren't rare or special any more, nor the things they give you. The FC gold weapons from packs?

Forty million or more when they first came out. You now can buy an FC gold weapon, however, for twenty million.

Gold prices are high because all the cash shoppers are both buying packs and selling gold, depending on what gets them more revenue. Heavy merchanters are getting packs to sell them to everybody else - because Frostcovered and Lunar weapons are now a standard due to packs being released so many times.

THAT is why gold prices are still rising. The people who are here complaining and threatening to quit? They aren't buying packs from the boutique. And while some might be buying packs from other players, the majority of us here right now aren't funding this madness by buying packs from players, or from the boutique.

So please, take your assumptions that we're all just here complaining because we can but are still buying packs where nobody can see and get out, because you clearly have no idea how this game was before packs came out and your assumptions are downright wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Logan_Morgan - Lost City
    Logan_Morgan - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2010

it had an impact but it was only a ripple in the pond as compared to the Packs.

how much coin is put into the ecconomy in a given day from pack, with best of luck tokens and normal tokens.

what about nien event with the ecstasy and excitement cards.

As i said before if the TW pay system was making the ecconomy inflate then why did gold stay stable for 12 months when it was in full swing?

it was the introduction of easy gold to coin methods employed by pwi that caused the expenetial growth of the ecconomy.

now i know that inflation was innevitable but at nowhere near the artificially accelerated one caused by chests of coins and then anniversry packs.

your basis of changing the TW system is sound but it can only work with the removal of packs from the boutique. not having 2 different types on sale at the same time.

or like you have done now introduce TW changes to fix the ecconomy whilst implimenting a pack that for 1 gold gives you a chance to get an item worth $1k usd + totally reversing any effect that the TW changes would have had, like sheare said it reeks of hypocrocy.
  • Lirie - Harshlands
    Lirie - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Forums are here to learn from, so learn this:

The first time packs came out, gold JUMPED to 600k

The only reason gold ISN'T that high with the latest pack sales is because everybody is working out that the redressed anniversary packs have crappier drop rates and because packs aren't rare or special any more, nor the things they give you. The FC gold weapons from packs?

Forty million or more when they first came out. You now can buy an FC gold weapon, however, for twenty million.

Gold prices are high because all the cash shoppers are both buying packs and selling gold, depending on what gets them more revenue. Heavy merchanters are getting packs to sell them to everybody else - because Frostcovered and Lunar weapons are now a standard due to packs being released so many times.

THAT is why gold prices are still rising. The people who are here complaining and threatening to quit? They aren't buying packs from the boutique. And while some might be buying packs from other players, the majority of us here right now aren't funding this madness by buying packs from players, or from the boutique.

So please, take your assumptions that we're all just here complaining because we can but are still buying packs where nobody can see and get out, because you clearly have no idea how this game was before packs came out and your assumptions are downright wrong.

Totally agree, b:lipcurl thanks u greedy cashppers and pw system for destroying this game
  • ThrawnOFive - Dreamweaver
    ThrawnOFive - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    So.... in order to punish the big factions that are sitting on a lot of land, you punish us little guys who can't earn **** by flooding the market with more M. Stones?

Yeah, I have no desire anymore to throw you guys a $20 every now and then to keep the game going.

Not that will matter, every valid complaint was made against changes you guys make has fallen on deaf ears. I say sell the game to people that actually do care.
  • _Montgomery_ - Archosaur
    _Montgomery_ - Archosaur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I totally support this change. Big, land-owning factions can't jack the economy anymore. That's a good thing, peoples. TWing for fun, not profit? Awesome!
  • Sherae - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    I totally support this change. Big, land-owning factions can't jack the economy anymore. That's a good thing, peoples. TWing for fun, not profit? Awesome!
    Tw is the scapegoat in this situation
    packs and sales jack the economy

if you would have seen the gold prices b4 packs u would have crapped yourself at the change

but those days are gone...
    Lost City FTW
    edited August 2010
    Tw is the scapegoat in this situation
    packs and sales jack the economy

if you would have seen the gold prices b4 packs u would have crapped yourself at the change

but those days are gone...

wow were both still here I agree TW isn't the big issue :(
  • Sherae - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    wow were both still here I agree TW isn't the big issue :(

havent left since it started lol
    Lost City FTW
  • Laylor - Heavens Tear
    Laylor - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    GMs, we know you work for other peoples and you've to follow their lines, but please, at least, don't try to make fool of us.
    Most of people here spend RL money in game, and that makes also your job going, they don't like being fooled, neither do I, even tho I never bought gold.
    If you start declaring "martial law" (you serious? what is this, fascism?), editing posts and banning people, you can't expect that people will remain calm.
    That is. I don't blame your job, I just blame you making fun of us.
    Was fun till it lasted.
    see ya guys
    edited August 2010
    havent left since it started lol
    I am saddened people think big guilds jack up economy ....

Yes the big guilds get tons of money and couldn't care how much gold went up to a extent, BUT its initially the fact that gold is required and people know that people want it and when a CS item that everyone needs is out it all comes down to "if you want it you will buy it for the highest most jacked up price possible."

Its not the big guilds its the frequent AMAZING might I add CS items that jack up the economy in PWI.
  • ThrawnOFive - Dreamweaver
    ThrawnOFive - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The real issue is that all the damn packs. They're the reason why the economy is in the crapper. Dropping DQ prices, limited dungeon times, creating a USELESS daily, punishing guilds who TW.
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Lets see... jeez, not a lot of new things need to be said, really. Yes, the people posting here are mostly from the main TW factions of the various servers they dwell in. These same people, to be conservative, probably count for over 75% of the revenue stream coming to PWI. (Yes I pulled that # from out of my hat, but think where all the cash-shoppers hang out... in the big factions of course. I doubt I am wrong.)

Look, GMs. We know you are here to placate us. But you know, you guys have voices.. Remember the perfect horns? Well, you guys didn't change the game mechanics, but you were able to make a workaround solution of sorts. IF enough people, the PAYING people, were to denounce this game due to the insanely increased cost of TW, profits would decrease. This is something you can show the devs in China. We know you can contact them. Say 'Look guys, we got a bit of a problem here. See, after TW changes were implemented we've seen a steady decline in (stocks [if indeed this occurs]/profits/whatever... time will tell), and we may need to rethink this decision.

Perfect World International may just be a subset of PW CN, but you know, I somehow doubt PWE wants to lose it. Now I'm not saying this change to TW will cause PWI to fall... no way. What I am saying (and if we can take 80+ pages of mostly negative responses to this change to be any indication), is that this cannot be an economically sound decision. MONEY TALKS. So here's the thing, can we get you to say this:

"If we see the amount of money coming from PWI dropping significantly and steadily after the new TW system has been implemented for some time, we will contact the devs & try to show them that revisions to the TW system may be needed".

I dunno how you guys go about meeting with the devs, but I for one would be very glad to (a) get any sort of legit response from you guys at all, and (b) get you to say something along the lines of what I just wrote above in italics.

Yes, I'm sure you GMs have big major headache right now... I get the feeling you are going to try to avoid this issue for as long as you can. But please knuckle down & try and work with us. You have voices, and we have voices. If enough of us are sayin the same things, and if it shows by how much $ is coming in, then maybe we can go somewhere with this.

Well, thats my 2 cents.

-Azzazin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
  • Danteii - Lost City
    Danteii - Lost City Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    So far it's been almost 83 pages of QQ and it has been what? 4 hours since the servers came back online?

Let's see how people get along with the new updates, including the new TW system.

Rome wasn't built in a day, y'know?
    I am Liam Neeson, you may remember me in such films as I will find you and I will kill you. b:pleased
  • TTcute - Lost City
    TTcute - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    So far it's been almost 83 pages of QQ and it has been what? 4 hours since the servers came back online?

Let's see how people get along with the new updates, including the new TW system.

Rome wasn't built in a day, y'know?

but yet they attempted to fix something.. here they receive **** from china.. install it.. and then get all the QQ.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    2. Bids will no longer be refunded. If your bid was not high enough to win, the coins involved will be lost. This should minimize the occurrence of dishonest or fake bids.

3. The TW victor no longer receives any part of the winning bid. This should also minimize the occurrence of dishonest or fake bids.

I know they're trying to create a proper gold sink to keep the economy balanced, but this seems way too extreme. The only people who will be betting are:

a) Those who are sure they can win.
    b) Those who are sure they won't be outbid.
    c) Those who are sure they're attacking a territory no one else will want to attack.

Balancing the economy is important, but it's not as important as the players having the freedom to play the game and **** around. I would equate this to suddenly giving white named players a 1% chance to drop an equipped item: It's just waaaaay too risky and it would turn everyone off of PK. In the same way, this system seems risky for all the random guilds who go into a TW not expecting to win but just to have fun.
    This also reminds me of the last MMO I played. There, the economy wasn't NEAR as balanced as it is here. Yeah people complain about gold prices inflating recently, but they'd always increased when packs were out and decreased when they were removed, and other than that, other items hold the same price. At any rate, this last MMO decided they'd balance the economy by SEVERELY spiking the "TW" registration fee. The result was months went by with absolutely no TW. Only two guilds per server could pay the fee and they usually didn't find it worth doing. And yeah, that MMO did see a bit of a downfall for this reason: with no TW to take part in, what the hell were the players supposed to do? Many got bored and quit.

The point is simply this: TW is the main attraction of the game. It's what people do end-game for fun. Having said that, it should NOT be disturbed by economical worries. TW should always be avaliable to the players, because if there's no TW, people will get bored and quit. What this update has done has killed the income of each TW guild. This means that some guilds will simply stop doing TW because they can't afford it. On Harshlands for example, it's currently the same guild being swarmed by all the territory-less guilds. Under this new system, some of the territory lacking guilds will get frustrated with simply being outbid, losing their money AND not even getting to have some fun, so the guild will simply stop bidding. Other guilds may have trouble getting members to come to TW, since they'll no longer recieve the payments they were recieving before.

TW should ALWAYS be relatively easy to take part in since it's the main fun-factor for a lot of players. There shouldn't be any extra effort involved in paying for it.
    Personally I would at least suggest that they get rid of number 2. Doing that will at least allow guilds to bid on a territory for the hell of it without having to worry about their bid going to waste.
    I <3 AGOREY
This discussion has been closed.