[Discussion of Territory War Changes 8-5-10]

Comments

• lylfo5
    lylfo5 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I still don't get the hidden bid thing.
    since GMs' explanation is ridicoulus, maaan, makes no sense at all.
    l

>:|

Every faction can only bid(non refundable) on a land. When bid time is over, the person with the highest(or earliest if there are 2 bids with the same amount) bid will get to TW on that land. Basically it is saying you do not get the announcements for bids.
  • Kohai - Lost City
    Kohai - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    TW pay system did not cause the gold price to inflate.

The server was out for a year with a very steady gold price 80-120k gold price. the first thing to cause inflation was chests of coins offering 1m coins for a 5 gold item ensuring that the gold price would never drop below 200k.

the second and most significant item to casue inflation was anniversery packs, within a day gold prices were 600k and stayed there, becasue as soon as a pack sale was ended with out fail another one was announced.

we have not had more than a two week period with out some variation of these anniversery packs and that is why gold is so inflated. if you want to reduce the gold prices on the servers insted of reducing tw rewards (which i do not disagree with i think over all it will be good for the servers) you dont introduce a new pack that contains an item worth 400m coins for 1 gold each...

just my 2c
    wordb:surrender
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The only times I have ever seen a change in the favor of the players is when the player-base got super "attack-y"

So what else should we do?

We've been politely asking for small fixes for 2 years now and most have gone ignored. The only time we get listened to is when your bosses come up with these hilariously bad ideas and we argue against them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Sherae - Lost City
    Sherae - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    lylfo5 wrote: »
    Something else like TW? TW has been the biggest source of coins into the game (other than DQ(that was nerfed too) and the ecstasy/excitement cards.

Know your game before commenting any further.

HELLO im trying to tell u that this gold we are taking about isnt going to down at the same time they sell packs no matter if there is any reward for tw or not.

Everyone thought packs would be temporary anniversary thing and holy **** it wasnt. We cant expect them to not be around anymore.

You say "know your game before you talk about it" after u say temporary sale LOL
    like there has ever been something that was truly temporary.
    They release rare mounts in packs and then release them for gold. One week its lucky coral next week its sunshine! One week break between packs and there is what a charm sale or an orb sale! Golds never going to drop with this garbage going on.

When you tw in a guild of 80 people unless you own the whole map you arent making that much.

ALSO i believe tw has always been around...and i remember when gold was sooo low...and people owned most of the map.. idk what game your playing but this tw thing isnt new to the game

Did you play this game when packs came out for the first time LOL?
    Lost City FTW
  • Exefs - Archosaur
    Exefs - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Glad I quit when I did! I would NOT want to be a faction leader after tonight. Bahaha.

+9001

/10char
  • Cy_clone - Heavens Tear
    Cy_clone - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Once again, very nice words Frankie. But PWI's track record speaks for itself - anni packs gold price 'concern', jolly jones, DQ price drop 'compensation', unfixed bugs etc

We dont need your assurances anymore, we want to see something actually being done, not "lets wait and see how things go"
  • Laylor - Heavens Tear
    Laylor - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    lylfo5 wrote: »
    Every faction can only bid(non refundable) on a land. When bid time is over, the person with the highest(or earliest if there are 2 bids with the same amount) bid will get to TW on that land. Basically it is saying you do not get the announcements for bids.

meh sadly I was ironic.
    It gives small factions with few coins no chances.
    so makes TWs more for rich guilds, that can afford to bid 30+ millions without bothering to lose em.
    Plus, since there is only ONE chance to bid.............is the lamest system I've heard of.
    Was fun till it lasted.
    see ya guys
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I LOVE YOU ALL DEVS!!! YORE THE BEST!! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR CHANGING THE TW!!!!!!

finally no frustration about those over-rich ppl, finally equality to everyone!!!
    finally the gold prices will drop!!!

PLEASE DONT change it back!!

thank you sooo much for this update, this made my day! b:laugh
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • IsisBlack - Lost City
    IsisBlack - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    No Frankie. I refuse to just drink the coolaid and accept a bad idea because you say it's good. It's a bad idea. Just like packs were. Everyone knew packs were bad from the start and that's all they have been. When everyone ragequits after this month when the Devs dont fix anything, you will see that too.
  • mysticalx
    mysticalx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    We created a thread for discussion and we're talking about the change. I don't know what answers you're looking for, but the patch is 1 hour old, and for now this is what we can do.

What you can do?????????????? why was it ever changed its somethign that didn't need changed so why don't you tell us why they changed it frankie..............
  • wraithkiller69
    wraithkiller69 Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The only times I have ever seen a change in the favor of the players is when the player-base got super "attack-y"

So what else should we do?

We've been politely asking for small fixes for 2 years now and most have gone ignored. The only time we get listened to is when your bosses come up with these hilariously bad ideas and we argue against them.

Are u all looking to hire a Gm frankie this man would make a good oneb:bye
  • Narin_ - Sanctuary
    Narin_ - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    What's there to discuss? Did you forget the Anni pack thread? 100+ pages discussed, and packs are still around. You all won't do a single damn thing, and EVERYONE already knows it. Oh and sorry completely forgot (My bad Mr. GM) - The Duke shouts are still here, and no DQ drop compensation.

Again for the 4th time: Take your company, and pass the ownership to someone who actually gives a damn about the player. Until then: Morons.

Kthxbai

He is quite right. You guys haven't changed jack. Discussing it here won't do anything. Despite that:

Sure, they make money off of it, but now there's no incentive to do Territory Wars. There's no compensation for the charm ****. There's no compensation for all the organization and work it takes to BE a TW faction. Hell I just got into Legendary, mainly so I can do Territory Wars with a decent faction, and now I feel like there's no point in doing it because I won't get anything out of it, despite how much money I'd be spending.

And now Gold prices are through the roof so that lower factions who'd want to TW regardless of costs, won't be able to without exorbitant fees. Along with a lack of compensation if they lose the bid? What the HELL is with that? You took out a major motivation for PLAYING THE GAME after level 100. Right after I got there too. What a waste.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    True enough, but let me tell you the purpose of the new TW system.
    In two words, coin sink.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Sherae - Lost City
    Sherae - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    He is quite right. You guys haven't changed jack. Discussing it here won't do anything. Despite that:

Sure, they make money off of it, but now there's no incentive to do Territory Wars. There's no compensation for the charm ****. There's no compensation for all the organization and work it takes to BE a TW faction. Hell I just got into Legendary, mainly so I can do Territory Wars with a decent faction, and now I feel like there's no point in doing it because I won't get anything out of it, despite how much money I'd be spending.

And now Gold prices are through the roof so that lower factions who'd want to TW regardless of costs, won't be able to without exorbitant fees. Along with a lack of compensation if they lose the bid? What the HELL is with that? You took out a major motivation for PLAYING THE GAME after level 100. Right after I got there too. What a waste.

There really is almost nothing to do at 100+.
    Dw if i +12 im sure the lowbies will wanna come back for more tw over and over!
    Lost City FTW
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    they dont sink coins of everyone! just those ppl who had owned the map all those months b:laugh

finally they changed it!
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • Vyxxee - Sanctuary
    Vyxxee - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Okay, so, if everyone is quitting, why is gold going up and up even more?

I guess everyone wants to refine all their gear so they can quit..

You just want to scream about quitting until you get your way while you scramble to buy gold like crazy before it goes up to 750k.

Admit it, you know it's true. ^^
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    they dont sink coins of everyone! just those ppl who had owned the map all those months b:laugh

finally they changed it!

Yes, I forgot to state that is a selective coin sink. So, the only ones that use it are concerned by it and thus see coins waving goodbye.
    I felt it was common sense enough to not mention it. ^^
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Logan_Morgan - Lost City
    Logan_Morgan - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    True enough, but let me tell you the purpose of the new TW system.
    In two words, coin sink.

is there a problem with that?

the servers have been flooded with coin from nien event and from best luck tokens we need a good coin sink to balance it out. i see this as a good thing they just need to lay off the packs for a few months and then we will see the ecconomy return to some sembalance of normal.
  • Laylor - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010

You just want to scream about quitting until you get your way while you scramble to buy gold like crazy before it goes up to 750k.

idiots still buying packs.
    Was fun till it lasted.
    see ya guys
  • IsisBlack - Lost City
    IsisBlack - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Well at least they admitted golds going to become ridiculous.
  • Spitball - Dreamweaver
    Spitball - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Dont you guys get it The TW pay is the reason why factions fight for land. If every faction owns land whats the point of fighting for it. To get mirages really wow great reward. Its liek this if me and my faction can figth and own land with TT 90 green gear and keep it every week why the hell would I buy Gold to inprove my gear wahst the point.

2nd for those who dont have land dont you try real hard to lvl and gear up to fight some day to get a piece of land?
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited August 2010

You realise that only a minority of players check these forums and all the heavy cash shoppers are still playing, right?

Get out of these forums, you clearly don't even know what you're talking about. If you did, you'd realise that it's the huge CSers who are buying all of those packs from the boutique and gold from players. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    TW pay system did not cause the gold price to inflate.

The server was out for a year with a very steady gold price 80-120k gold price. the first thing to cause inflation was chests of coins offering 1m coins for a 5 gold item ensuring that the gold price would never drop below 200k.

the second and most significant item to casue inflation was anniversery packs, within a day gold prices were 600k and stayed there, becasue as soon as a pack sale was ended with out fail another one was announced.

we have not had more than a two week period with out some variation of these anniversery packs and that is why gold is so inflated. if you want to reduce the gold prices on the servers insted of reducing tw rewards (which i do not disagree with i think over all it will be good for the servers) you dont introduce a new pack that contains an item worth 400m coins for 1 gold each...

just my 2c

It's a valid point, but still, 500M+ coins going into the server every week as TW payouts surely had an effect on the economy, don't you agree?
  • _MeowMeow_ - Dreamweaver
    _MeowMeow_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    b:surrender

disappointed
  • Laylor - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    You realise that only a minority of players check these forums and all the heavy cash shoppers are still playing, right?

Get out of these forums, you clearly don't even know what you're talking about. If you did, you'd realise that it's the huge CSers who are buying all of those packs from the boutique and gold from players. b:bye

I agree, sadly. well.....as I said, GMs know that, GMs know that bringin out packs or setting a limit to gold is the ONLY solution, but they can't do it, the Devs and the marketing management doesn't want it., cause that will mean less money income.
    So they even bring out x2 drops (GMs, seriously, that is the lamest thing).
    Was fun till it lasted.
    see ya guys
  • IEpicHealz - Archosaur
    IEpicHealz - Archosaur Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    This is so omg... 150 mirages for a land? And a mirage can be sell only for 15k? I dun think it can covers any TW repairs and the charms used b:surrender

It simply kills the fun of TWing

More like 10k if your lucky xD
  • MasterPerian - Lost City
    MasterPerian - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Predicted...this was coming...CN announced it in June and it was on their forums then came here.

TBH...will change the ppl who TW but *shrugs*

PPL are going to QQ about this for a LONG time...some depend on TW $$ for their charms and such. Those that don't depend on it it is nothing. b:surrender

Agree, so how do i pay for charm with 5 mirages a week? are u kidding :o
    What can you expect from filthy little heathens? Their whole disgusting race is like a curse. Their skin's a hellish red they're only good when dead they're vermin, as I said and worse. They're Savages! Savages! Barely even human. Savages! Savages! Drive them from our shore! They're not like you and me
    which means they must be evil we must sound the drums of war! They're Savages! Savages! Dirty redskin devils! Now we sound the drums of war!
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Frankie:

REMOVE 10M NOTE FROM BEST TOKEN OPTIONS

As others have pointed out 500m distributed between all faction members generally goes towards disposable items. Money sunk into things which do not perpetuate coin on the server. I'm not saying it has no effect, but you're fixing the wrong problem here.
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    Sun_Burn - Lost City Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It's a valid point, but still, 500M+ coins going into the server every week as TW payouts surely had an effect on the economy, don't you agree?

TW's effect on the economy is but a fraction of what packs and chest of coins did. Not worth trying to compare as TW's were going all the time and gold was still holding at 100k.
  • Vyxxee - Sanctuary
    Vyxxee - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    You realise that only a minority of players check these forums and all the heavy cash shoppers are still playing, right? it's the huge CSers who are buying all of those packs from the boutique and gold from players. b:bye

I don't know if I buy that line.

The heavy cash shoppers were buying all the packs yesterday and for the last year according to your scenario, yet suddenly gold is jumping. I would think it's based on something more than just packs.
    Get out of these forums, you clearly don't even know what you're talking about. If you did, you'd realise that

Aren't forums here to learn from? Maybe you should get out then since you're the all-knowing-brain.

Oh right, I forgot, the forum is here to bawl your eyes out in..
This discussion has been closed.