[Discussion of Territory War Changes 8-5-10]

Comments

• MiniDusk - Heavens Tear
    MiniDusk - Heavens Tear Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    :<
    PW's facebook thingy needs to has like notification stuff.
    x.x'
    or something.
    :/

You and Abysm are fast enough with the trolling as it is sheesh! I'll never be as good as you two but I ish learning. b:cute *gives you sunflower seeds.*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    You and Abysm are fast enough with the trolling as it is sheesh! I'll never be as good as you two but I ish learning. b:cute

?
    D:
    Since when did me troll?
    T.T'

and me good at what now?
    b:puzzled
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    ?
    D:
    Since when did me troll?
    T.T'

and me good at what now?
    b:puzzled

LOL You're good at responding so fast, I can't even edit a post for 30 seconds! I give! I give! b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It's too damn late to stay up any longer. Going to take a shot and go to bed. x_x

Things to say:
    1. TW pay did NOT cause the inflation we're seeing. The constant packs DID.
    2. Gold will go down? LOL 12* orbs and bidding, gold will only increase.
    3. GMs we're not stupid. If you can't QQ with us, at least spare us the manufactured BS.
    4. The new chat is so DAMN UGLY it makes me want to scratch my eyes out.
    5. Glad you're unbanned Sherae, even though I have no idea who you are in-game. xP

That is all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sherae - Lost City
    Sherae - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I feel like this thread is dying :(
    Lost City FTW
  • Vyxxee - Sanctuary
    Vyxxee - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Please for the love of all that is holy, take off the moronic labels and change the font back. there was nothing wrong with any of that. Focus on bugs we have all been complaining about for god knows how long that NEED fixing, not on **** that should have been left alone. >.> Great job. Hope you GM's can find new jobs, youll be first to go in crashing game i think.

Please don't change the font back, it helps me see it.

I'm not a big fan of the labels, I'll admit.

If you don't like it so big, use the slider to reduce it.

I had to max out the slider to be able to read it without having my nose pressed against the screen.

I had no options, you do.
  • wraithkiller69
    wraithkiller69 Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Frankie I would much love a response to a lot of questions on why you havent taken time to answer a question in over 40 pages, but point out the first attack on u that you see. I have done my research and read through the last 40 pages, and unless I missed something have yet to see a response to a concern. Only a response of a attacker. Havent u ever heard of the phrase.....Hatters gonna hate? Ignore them and get to the people that have questions/concerns etc.
  • Sherae - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    It's too damn late to stay up any longer. Going to take a shot and go to bed. x_x

Things to say:
    1. TW pay did NOT cause the inflation we're seeing. The constant packs DID.
    2. Gold will go down? LOL 12* orbs and bidding, gold will only increase.
    3. GMs we're not stupid. If you can't QQ with us, at least spare us the manufactured BS.
    4. The new chat is so DAMN UGLY it makes me want to scratch my eyes out.
    5. Glad you're unbanned Sherae, even though I have no idea who you are in-game. xP

That is all.

THIS ^ especially the last one :D
    i sent u kisses in game :( but u wernt on lol
    Lost City FTW
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Dear Jesus Give Me The Strength To Make It Through This Horrible Game Chat And All The Other Horse **** That Has Been Added Q_q

Also, QFT, and I lol'd despite its accuracy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IsisBlack - Lost City
    IsisBlack - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    If they say they listen to concerns...

Concern 1: The new font is terrible. It hurts my eyes and everyone else so far that's logged onto the game. It also makes the game look cramped and ugly. The labels in the chat boxes also cramp the chat and make it harder to read. Colored AND labeled text? Do you think we're all dumb? My 13 year old brother that plays understands a different color means it's a different chat font.

Concern 2: To fix TW money, cut it in half or down to 25% of what it was. No one is going ot waste money to TW when all they get are mirages which are basically useless except for refining. Whoopie. You just ruined the only fun thing left for anyone that doesn't want to go around killing everyone.

Concern 3: Now the pvp rate is going to go up on pvp servers because it's the only fun thing left except... if you're on a pvp server and you kill people you'll probably end up getting banned for "impending on a quest" or killing them outside of safe zone (which isn't that the point of safe zones?) like Heaven's Tear or Secret Passage on the Lost City server . Pvp = you're going to die a lot. If you don't like dying outside of SZ, go to pve server.

Everyone on a pvp server, including all the high levels that do the killing, had to put up with dying a lot too. You just level up, get good gear, and you stop dying as much.

Concern 4: Packs and Cash Shop are the true destroyers of the economy ingame. I'd suggest you stop making packs [12 star dragon orb packs when you're trying to get gold prices to go down....really? Bad logic FTW?] then there wont be anything worth while to buy gold for except mounts and fashion. THAT will lower the prices.

Those are my concerns. Have fun.
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    This patch is just ..... blah. I dont like the new chat window, the revamped wedding system seems like something you'd have to spend another 10 gold on just to go to a pretty pixelated chapel. The tw system is stupid. it doesnt matter if there were fake bids before, the rich factions are gonna stay rich, and the poor will stay poor. Im not commenting on the jungle ruins event or celestial tiger, but i'd have to say the only thing useful IMO to this update is that we can "shift-click" on an item.
    >.<
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Idk if i would have the drive to war if i knew my efforts wer for nothing. At least without a reset u have the erm... glory i guess of holding lands
    to show off lol XD

Well...they say this change is so the large factions dont hold all of the land and do nothing...but it can be fixed...either have it where the guild can only have a certain amount of land, or actually follow the rules that says we can't have all of the major cities or make more rules or have map resets. Don't make half thought out changes like this.

oops didnt realize it was you >_> hiii sherae <33
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    THIS ^ especially the last one :D
    i sent u kisses in game :( but u wernt on lol

I logged off because of that gd chat b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Circeia - Archosaur
    Circeia - Archosaur Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    @ Frankie or any other forum mod...

Can you please reiterate in one combined comment all the reasons why this TW Change is a supposed to be for good reasons?
    Cause I'll be honest it seems like all these separate comments like "tw pay will lower gold prices" and "it will give smaller factions and chance plus more competition" are ideas thought up at the last minute.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Wife of MarsUltor, There's nothing better about the game than playing it next to my irl boyfriend. <3
  • Alliekatt - Lost City
    Alliekatt - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    dear Jesus Give Me The Strength To Make It Through This Horrible Game Chat And All The Other Horse **** That Has Been Added Q_q

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aquilez - Sanctuary
    Aquilez - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Im with you buns...

+1

+2 b:victory
  • Sherae - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    I logged off because of that gd chat b:cry

Its too late ur mind is already scared with the ugliness D:!
    I made fun of it in guild chat for a while and then i healed a girl for wicked pirates .-.
    Lost City FTW
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    IConcern 2: To fix TW money, cut it in half or down to 25% of what it was. No one is going ot waste money to TW when all they get are mirages which are basically useless except for refining. Whoopie. You just ruined the only fun thing left for anyone that doesn't want to go around killing everyone.

The amount of money given out isn't the issue. The issue is that they can now take money OUT - forcing people to charge more. It's the only thing they care about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Sherae - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    LOL now that all the big guild that have lands will all have +12
    why would lowbie factions attack XD
    Lost City FTW
    edited August 2010
    Its too late/early to sit and rage about **** the Devs and GM's (who have shown they dont really care to reply to our questions/rants only banhammer for the day.) dont pay attention to. =/

I agree. I'm going to go see if it's worth playing the game anymore with this new patch since I'm done perusing/trolling this thread. Nite nite Hamsta, and people, start proofreading your spelling before you hit reply; it's atrocious! (that means really bad) b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Katozuma - Raging Tide
    Katozuma - Raging Tide Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I dont have a problem with the update beside the fact that the font been change and new look of it is hurting my eyes....yes i am wearing my glasses for some reason i cant stare at the game long. well now at least i got reason get up from my computer.

changing the settings only help a little. thx for the update

im going to bed
  • Krateiis - Heavens Tear
    Krateiis - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Please don't change the font back, it helps me see it.

I'm not a big fan of the labels, I'll admit.

If you don't like it so big, use the slider to reduce it.

I had to max out the slider to be able to read it without having my nose pressed against the screen.

I had no options, you do.
    Cant find the post.... something about if you are blind dont play, staring at a screen all day isnt going to help that much. Going blind is now a very high risk because of the new text. or seizures. b:bye
    Made by Nowitsawn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lylfo5
    lylfo5 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Concern 2: To fix TW money, cut it in half or down to 25% of what it was. No one is going ot waste money to TW when all they get are mirages which are basically useless except for refining. Whoopie. You just ruined the only fun thing left for anyone that doesn't want to go around killing everyone.

Umm, you might not know this buy mirages can be npc-de for quite some coins. They reduced the tw payments by 90% if you npc the mirages. 90% might be alittle harsh, but still a reduction and not taking the coins out.
  • kristopher1221
    kristopher1221 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    gm's always ask for feed back and then never changes it these new changes made tw pointless.. b:angry

the only good thing in the patch is the link function all that other bs chat program changes r junk

seriously people r going to stop playing pwi with changes like this u need to changes them back now!
  • Krateiis - Heavens Tear
    Krateiis - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Concern 1: The new font is terrible. It hurts my eyes and everyone else so far that's logged onto the game. It also makes the game look cramped and ugly. The labels in the chat boxes also cramp the chat and make it harder to read. Colored AND labeled text? Do you think we're all dumb? My 13 year old brother that plays understands a different color means it's a different chat font.

Concern 3: Now the pvp rate is going to go up on pvp servers because it's the only fun thing left except... if you're on a pvp server and you kill people you'll probably end up getting banned for "impending on a quest" or killing them outside of safe zone (which isn't that the point of safe zones?) like Heaven's Tear or Secret Passage on the Lost City server . Pvp = you're going to die a lot. If you don't like dying outside of SZ, go to pve server.

Everyone on a pvp server, including all the high levels that do the killing, had to put up with dying a lot too. You just level up, get good gear, and you stop dying as much.

Concern 4: Packs and Cash Shop are the true destroyers of the economy ingame. I'd suggest you stop making packs [12 star dragon orb packs when you're trying to get gold prices to go down....really? Bad logic FTW?] then there wont be anything worth while to buy gold for except mounts and fashion. THAT will lower the prices.

Those are my concerns. Have fun.

^This
    10char
    Made by Nowitsawn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lirie - Harshlands
    Lirie - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    b:sad I JUST HATE the new chat form. i feel like a moron with all these Normal, Guild label...stuff it just hurts my eyes
    b:chuckle I like the new TW system, is not im against gainin money from TW but these stuff will really mess greedy players ...its just kinda unfair big guilds earn ridiculous amount of coins....but ill be a good idea to make other uses for mirages b:thanks this will really help TWs to be made just for fun what do u complain about? u get free teleport and special pots if u got territories...
  • Frosters - Dreamweaver
    Frosters - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    is by far the worst part of the update, i honestly like the idea for tw maybe those factions sitting on their tw pay reserves will dwindle and less money will be wasted on bidding. But yeah PLZ CHANGE BACK OUR UIb:surrender
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    truekossy wrote: »
    Why is it that, instead of responding to the many questions and concerns brought up about the latest patch in this thread, most of the posts so far have been about how you're responding to those who broke that rule about mouthing off at the GMs?

No offense, but it really gives you a bad image when you appear to be ignoring the legitimate concerns in favor of something that's completely off-topic in terms of the major subject at hand.

The reason is this: The patch just came out, and some time really has to pass before any of us truly knows the effects of it.

I'm reading all of your concerns and I've thrown in some of my own opinions about the patch. Kantorek has done the same. I read you loud and clear; the TW pay has been decreased and you're worried about not being able to afford charms anymore. You feel like we're ruining a beautiful part of the game. I understand that; this is a pretty big change to the system, so it's normal that you're worried about it.

I love TW. It and the Gold Trade system are my two favorite parts about PWI; TW brings factions together for a hardcore, team-oriented endgame event. The Gold Trade system makes it so that no player is excluded from the Cash Shop, as long as they're willing to put time and effort into the game. These two systems are what differentiate PWI from every other F2P out there.

Let me just assure you that we do NOT want to ruin the TW system. From what I understand, these changes were implemented to combat problems that have plagued longer-running versions of PW -- those in Malaysia and China. I have to say that I do like the idea of taking what we know about those versions and using it to try to protect this version.

What I'm asking is that we give this system some time before condemning it for good. There has been a lot of speculation, and the majority of you are very much against it, and that's been noted, believe me.

But for now, this is the game, and these are the changes that have been made to it. We will be closely monitoring what happens with TW over this next month, and Konari, Aryanna, and myself will be on these boards to hear you out during the process.
  • Vyxxee - Sanctuary
    Vyxxee - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Cant find the post.... something about if you are blind dont play, staring at a screen all day isnt going to help that much. Going blind is now a very high risk because of the new text. or seizures. b:bye

Starting at the screen isn't the problem.

It's when you have to strain and squint to see because you can't adjust the font type and size to fit your needs.

I'm not saying the new look is the world's greatest solution, just that it's helping me after having to struggle for over one year.

After one year of you having to struggle to read then you can complain to me. 8)

Also, I don't appreciate being told I can't play because I have a hard time reading.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    lylfo5 wrote: »
    Umm, you might not know this buy mirages can be npc-de for quite some coins. They reduced the tw payments by 90% if you npc the mirages. 90% might be alittle harsh, but still a reduction and not taking the coins out.

So instead of getting just enough to cover the charms I burn, I can get 300k worth of mirages?

Personally I can deal with it, I'm a low cost cleric. Try spinning your story on a cata barb or cleric. The type who goes through 6m in charms easy per weekend. "A little harsh" is a severe understatement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
This discussion has been closed.